• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Dazzler

snagged the $30 PS+ off Amazon and a discounted TV stand from Future Shop for a total (and likely final) spend of $110

Good day so far!

BPK

Just not my day. I tried the Amazon trick and the order is undergoing extra verification that could take up to four hours. :(

krae_man

As far as i know you can fake it. As for the code working, i do not think they will do that and if you don't want to take chances redeem it online in couple of days when the servers are all good.

I don't know what account i have, however at checkout it said to me it is only available for Americans, probably because i have a Canadian credit card with a Canadian billing address. With the same credit card when i switched my address to an American one, it worked.

I tried that and it still said us only, Maybe I should try changing my billing address, not my shipping address.

Pathetic if they can't even keep their servers running. They're on the same server? What does Europe have to do with North America?

Even if there are local servers they still need to poll Data from the master array. So presumably that it getting destroyed by demand.

Sora_N

I can't believe Best Buy took 10 days to send me my copy of Aquapazza. It's finally out for delivery and I have to head out in an hour for work, dammit.

Returners

PSN has a flash sale right now:

Diablo 3 $39.99
TLoU $39.99
Saints Row IV $29.99
God of War: Ascension $19.99
Bioshock Infinite $13.99
Deadpool $24.99
Splinter Cell Blacklist $29.99
Rayman Legends PS3 $29.99
Rayman Legends Vita $17.99

Sora_N

Diablo 3 $39.99
TLoU $39.99
Saints Row IV $29.99
Bioshock Infinite $13.99
Deadpool $24.99

Decent, good price on Bioshock though.

ohlawd

Diablo 3 $39.99
TLoU $39.99
Saints Row IV $29.99
Bioshock Infinite $13.99
Deadpool $24.99

BI for 14........ ahhh nah I'll hold off.

Tabris

So I was about to run out to go pick up some stuff I had been planning to buy (but didn't have a huge urge that I needed it asap) which was on sale, then I thought about it, and I really should just wait for Boxing Day. Much better sales then.

Sora_N

ITS UP!! (PSN), lol can't actually connect to the server for redemption though...

Also Persona 4 Golden is $19.99 at BB and EB, both sold out online. Bleh. Futureshop site is dead.

ohlawd

Well that was always my favourite PS+ deal but $30 for a year sub is better, what was much better though is Walmart $17.99 per year price error lol

Isn't it possible for me to not use the code until then to take advantage of this? o.o

Bought it for 30 just like everyone else.

maybe maybe. I'll wait since what the hell, no point subbing now and letting the days go by when I'm not gonna play anything they'll offer on PS+ yet.

If you have a PS4 or getting one soon you will need it for online gaming, I'm sure you know that but I'm pointing out that it's not only for the free games they offer that people are buying PS+ like crazy :D

ohlawd

If you have a PS4 or getting one soon you will need it for online gaming, I'm sure you know that but I'm pointing out that it's not only for the free games they offer that people are buying PS+ like crazy :D

yup I know about PS4 having a paywall now. Not getting one anytime soon anyway. I bought the sub just for the free Vita games. But I refuse to even touch my Vita since the first thing I wanna play on it is Ys but my BB preorder still says OOS :(

DJ_Lae

Any deals on Wii U pro controllers anywhere? I'm hoping it just happens to be on sale somewhere today.

I would love to know this too, playing Mario 3D World on something other than a too-wide controller that dies after a few hours would be great.

veras

Any deals on Wii U pro controllers anywhere? I'm hoping it just happens to be on sale somewhere today.

I read that TRU has 15% off Wii and Wii U accessories, but when I was in one earlier they had Wiimotes marked down, but not Wii U Pro Controllers - could be worth investigating though

So no PS+ deal directly from Sony?

Nothing till now!

yup I know about PS4 having a paywall now. Not getting one anytime soon anyway. I bought the sub just for the free Vita games. But I refuse to even touch my Vita since the first thing I wanna play on it is Ys but my BB preorder still says OOS :(

Persona 4 Golden is on sale now for $20 on PSN and that alone is worth touching your Vita imo :)

Sora_N

Come on Futureshop, their site always dies during these sale days lol. Been trying to load for an hour. Finally checking out...

EDIT: Lol site died, time to head to work instead. Oh well.

ohlawd

Persona 4 Golden is on sale now for $20 on PSN and that alone is worth touching your Vita imo :)

P4G has been sitting on my shelf for months now :p
I really don't wanna touch that now since it's guaranteed I'm going to spend a lot of time on it. I like to focus on one game and one game only per system. It's what I do.

Sober

Heads up: Animal Crossing is 20 bucks at Amazon. Just picked it up.
That was out of nowhere. Was it one of those timed/limited quantity deals like the US site has? Can't seem to find any rhyme or reason, because I'm hoping some other stuff goes on sale.

Also going to be heading to the mall a little later, see if I can pick up some of the 3DS games that are on sale like Dark Moon or NSMB2 and Dream Team. I guess 3D Land is way too old at this point to ever go on sale ever again huh?

GG-Duo

Also going to be heading to the mall a little later, see if I can pick up some of the 3DS games that are on sale like Dark Moon or NSMB2 and Dream Team. I guess 3D Land is way too old at this point to ever go on sale ever again huh?

Well Star Fox is $15, and that's pretty old. I think it will eventually go on sale again, just less regularly than some other games (like Kingdom Hearts) since it is a pretty popular title on the 3DS.

Sober

I also noticed FS/BB has SMT4 for 29.99$, but is that for the large box (think PC box) version or just the regular 3DS case version? I've seen my local stores carrying the larger (special edition) one, usually around the same price point (39 or 49).

Top Bottom