• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

iLLmAtlc

Yeah it's probably not a good idea at this point to buy the PS+ code on Amazon, I just got a message saying it needs to have additional verification to make sure its not unauthorized use of my account that could take upto 4 hours.

Wigdogger

For anyone trying to do the Amazon.com deal, consider this option if you have a friend in the States:

1) Send them an Amazon Gift Card through amazon.com for $60 or $70 or whatever you like.
2) Get them to buy two codes from amazon.com
3) They send you the codes and you redeem on your PS4.

They can use the money on BF purchases or future amazon stuff and you get the cards without the hassle of fake addresses.

My local shopper is having a Vita bundled with 8GB memory card on sale for $199, is it a good deal? Tomorrow is redemption day so I wonder if its worth spending points for that

soultron

Banned
My local shopper is having a Vita bundled with 8GB memory card on sale for $199, is it a good deal? Tomorrow is redemption day so I wonder if its worth spending points for that

I'd say that's a good deal, yeah. 8GB retails normally for $20, IIRC.

Does it come with a game as well? That'd be even better, but as is, a game and a decent card for $200 is a nice(ish) deal. Spend the $20 you're saving on a PSN sub and then you've got instant access to Soul Sacrifice, Uncharted, Wipeout, and Gravity Daze.

rinse82

Yeah it's probably not a good idea at this point to buy the PS+ code on Amazon, I just got a message saying it needs to have additional verification to make sure its not unauthorized use of my account that could take upto 4 hours.

I got that message at 6:30am this morning and 10 mins later was emailed the code.

Maximus.

Disappointed no ps+ deals in Canada. I did pick up a Wii U from walmart.ca so hoping that ships soon. Seems to be taking forever.

Tik-Tok

My Superstore was sold out of Vita's when I was there :( Looks like no Vita for me this weekend unless anyone knows of someone matching the 179.99 plus no tax.

BadWolf

Entered a US address (Disney's in Burbank lol) as the billing address and nabbed a couple of years from Amazon no problem.

It takes seconds, there is no need to wait for a Canadian deal.

ohlawd

My Superstore was sold out of Vita's when I was there :( Looks like no Vita for me this weekend unless anyone knows of someone matching the 179.99 plus no tax.

I hope no one buys the Declassified bundle I saw at SS earlier.

oh shit you know what I just realized. I COULD HAVE PICKED UP THE WHITE VITA. It was right there, the Liberation bundle. oh god fuck I'm so stupid. It's probably gone now. FUCK.

Luigi87

Ugh... Just got home from work... Freaking nightmare.
I'm also logistics, but got stuck on Electronics Cashier first thing in the morning (brilliant decision there).

Anywho, my Target at least has been substituting the 4th Gen 16GB iPod Touch that was sold out (for $129) with the 5th Gen 16GB iPod Touch for the same price (so instead of $70 savings, people were getting $170 savings).

rookiejet

I was able to snag a copy of Diablo III for PC at my local Walmart (Ancaster) for $20 yesterday. The discount doesn't seem to be store wide, but keep your eyes peeled for such shenanigans (PC games section had all sorts of weird pricing). If you so happen to live in Ancaster, hurry, because there's one left, and I may just go back and pick it up later :)

Doel

Anyone able to redeem their PS+ code through SEN website? Didn't work for me, told me that code couldn't be redeemed through the website, then hit redeem again and told me the code was invalid.

Will have to try it on the PS4 once I get home.

rookiejet

Entered a US address (Disney's in Burbank lol) as the billing address and nabbed a couple of years from Amazon no problem.

It takes seconds, there is no need to wait for a Canadian deal.

And it seems Amazon is looking to be competitive with PSN digital pricing. Fingers crossed we will get close to PC sale prices. Sly 4 is 75% off there at the moment.

Hilti92

Just an FYI, the Knack $20 OFF still works at EBGames. Going there tomorrow to do it. Game didn't do so hot but I need a SP game for my PS4 and every game is guarenteed a trade in value of $40 at FS until January. Basically only paying the taxes for the game.

IllumiNate

Still can't decide if I should redeem the PS+ codes now or wait for when they have the 3 months extra promotion :/

Doesn't work like that.

Also I just got my amazon email for my credit after purchasing BF4 and PS+. Can we redeem these codes on our Canadian accounts or do we have to sell them to our American neighbours?

Magnus

So, no one's had a problem using their amazon.com-bought PS Plus codes up here in Canada? I bought just fine, but cautious to redeem right now.

kurahadol

So, no one's had a problem using their amazon.com-bought PS Plus codes up here in Canada? I bought just fine, but cautious to redeem right now.
I was able to redeem my first one easily enough, having an issue redeeming my second though. Tried to redeem it right after and it's giving me an error. I'm attributing this to the PSN issues though, will try again tomorrow.

i-Jest

About the PS+ Amazon deal, so it works for us Canadians as long as we input US addresses? Am I right on that? I'm also hearing something about using gift cards instead of a credit cards. What exactly is the process people are using? These codes are also time sensitive right? They're only valid as long as the deal is in effect? I want to hop on this deal but I don't want to get burnt over legal issues or whatever the case maybe.

bigmf

Best way to do it:

1. Find an american friend with an amazon account
2. Buy him/her $60 worth of amazon gift cards
3. Have him/her buy $60 worth of PS Plus and e-mail you the codes.

Edit: I take no responsibility if your "friend" keeps the gift and doesn't deliver.

About the PS+ Amazon deal, so it works for us Canadians as long as we input US addresses? Am I right on that? I'm also hearing something about using gift cards instead of a credit cards. What exactly is the process people are using? These codes are also time sensitive right? They're only valid as long as the deal is in effect? I want to hop on this deal but I don't want to get burnt over legal issues or whatever the case maybe.

I've been buying digital downloads off Amazon US with my Canadian credit card using a fake US billing address with no problems for the past year.

Say hello to the world's only XBox One Day 7 Edition:

BaRRBrmCYAA9id6.jpg

kurahadol

Best way to do it:

1. Find an american friend with an amazon account
2. Buy him/her $60 worth of amazon gift cards
3. Have him/her buy $60 worth of PS Plus and e-mail you the codes.

Edit: I take no responsibility if your "friend" keeps the gift and doesn't deliver.
Easier way to do it:

Use your own account, put in your credit card number, put in a random US address for billing (I used a Delaware museum lol). Success.

Wow, their website is TERRIBLE.

The jerks didn't even have Wind Waker HD on their site. At all. Unless you wanted to buy the Wii U bundle, anyway, which I didn't. Hell, until earlier today A Link Between Worlds wasn't even on the site. And there's no way I'm going all the way out to an actual store to save $15 on a Zelda game when I've never managed to play any Zelda-esque game for more than a few hours (which, to be fair, is just Ocarina and Darksiders).

bigmf

Easier way to do it:

Use your own account, put in your credit card number, put in a random US address for billing (I used a Delaware museum lol). Success.

I got a "credit card not accepted due to billing address mismatch" last time I tried cross border shopping like this. I believe mastercard put a stop to it.

Top Bottom