• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

khaaan

Oh great more confusion about what sd cards to use in the 3ds. Pretty sure a goon on SA tell me Sandisk cards in a 3ds keep getting unmounted or somehow undetected until you take it out and put it back in.

So let's just avoid all SD card brands lol

Haha. If it makes you feel any better Nintendo uses Lexar class 4's. This is probably what Roto grabbed, I picked one up for myself too.

daftstar

Alright I just picked up Shin Megami Tensei IV for $29 at BB. Didn't know it would be the limited edition and now I'm kind of scared to open it lol. I know people here give the game praise but this is my first time trying it out the series..

I watched the first hour or so on youtube and it didn't really look too appealing imo (specifically the presentation and pacing). Should I dive in and give it a shot or return/trade/sell it?

Slime

Banned
Sooo, I was dumb enough the other day to straight up buy a PS Vita for $199 without really looking around. As soon as I saw this deal I regretted it, but unfortunately it doesn't ship to Canada anyway, so whatever.

That inspired me to look around though, and I ended up noticing that EB was selling the Walking Dead bundle for $179, plus a free copy of Uncharted: Golden Abyss. Ended up returning my $199 unit and picking that up instead.

Still missed out on Retro City Rampage and Sly, but I was glad to find roughly the same deal as the Amazon one right here in Canadia.

bigmf

The code isn't listed under your game and software library?

53sskcx.png

It wasn't but I got the email a few minutes ago. It all worked out and I'm topped of until late 2015.

IllumiNate

you can get bf3 from amazon.com for 30 bucks, and upgrade to ps4 version for 10 on psn

the code from amazon works on a canadian account, no need to create a US one, you also get a $5 voucher as a promo

so $35 for the ps3 and ps4 versions of bf4, pretty solid deal

Are the vouchers to be redeemed on amazon or psn?

ohlawd

Oooh! Best Buy charged my card for Ys Celceta. Still hasn't shipped but I suppose it will on Monday and I'll get it on Tues. 1 week is a much faster turnaround than I was expecting, given my last couple experiences with XSeed.

I screamed when I went to check my email and saw "BEST BUY WEB SUPPORT".

Clicked it and it's for the other thing I ordered, not my Ys Ultra Turbo Edition ;_;

GG-Duo

You missed the Ratchet Collection + DS3 for $35 from Amazon.ca I posted yesterday.

OK, I was just at the Richmond Target, and I was able to get the God of War Collection + red DS3 for $35. So I think all of these game+controller bundles are on sale.

chrono01

Wondering if I should pull the trigger on the vita now or hope for a better deal on boxing day.

GAF, opinions?
I'm the same. I really want to get a Vita before the 2000 models are introduced [that OLED screen!], but I'm not in a hurry and I'm hoping Boxing Day might have a better deal/bundle.

It seems like either way I'll miss out on the Uncharted/Vita deal, since it was only good for today, so my only other bet is the current $179.99 one.

Seville

I'm the same. I really want to get a Vita before the 2000 models are introduced [that OLED screen!], but I'm not in a hurry and I'm hoping Boxing Day might have a better deal/bundle.

It seems like either way I'll miss out on the Uncharted/Vita deal, since it was only good for today, so my only other bet is the current $179.99 one.

Same boat as you. Really want that OLED screen and hopefully for all of us looking to buy a vita, there will be a decent VITA deal for around $150 hopefully around boxing day :).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Was Ys ever listed in time for the E3 sale? Don't see it in my orders anywhere :(
Nope. It was never available during E3 or the various 10% preorder sales. I thought I had bought it too. lol

At this point, I might just grab it digitally when it's on sale at some point.

Roto13

not sure if its a good deal since I had really bad experience with Lexar card. I bought a 32GB class 10 few months ago and it was horribly slow, definitely slower than Sandisk class 4

I've been using a Lexar class 4 in my 3DS for years and it has done a fine job. I don't even mind if the class 10 is no faster as long as it's as reliable as I've found this one to be.

Wondering if I should pull the trigger on the vita now or hope for a better deal on boxing day.

GAF, opinions?
that's what I'm doing for the wii U. Similar situation. No decent deals, almost pulled the trigger on 249 with zelda from best buy but meh still too much.

Will wait till boxing day.

Ondore

Should I be kicking myself for not being in a position to get $30 Rayman Legends today, or will I get a better deal on Boxing Day? (And maybe get the WiiU Deus Ex cheap at the same time...)

khaaan

Save yourself even more cash, order it from amazon uk.

http://www.amazon.ca/Battlestar-Galactica-Edward-James-Olmos/dp/B0036EH3U2/ref=sr_1_68?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1385763075&sr=1-68

Should end up around 60-70$ with the exchange rate.
It's region free

Would they charge import tax though? There are a few movies/shows I wanted available only on Amazon.co.uk but I don't want to be hit with additional fees.

Edit: I think this was the link you were looking for =P
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0027UY8B8/

The only game I wanted but couldn't buy was Rayman Legends WiiU, didn't find it online on BB when I checked :(
Thought about getting it on PSN for $30 then again if it's gonna be on a PS it'd be PS4 just for the love of second screen :p

I think I'm going to get a Vita from Shoppers tomorrow since I have a 30% off coupon that expires soon. $200 for the CoD bundle.

Plus it's bonus redemption days tomorrow, though I don't think I can combine the two.

iddqd

Did anyone see a cheap PS3 deal? I've been looking but I only saw that deal yesterday on the US side of life.
Nothing like that for Canada.

Luigi87

EB Games - CANADA Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn ($9.99 on PC and $14.99 on PS3

To anyone thinking bout getting it for the PS4.
The PS3 version gives a free upgrade for the PS4 version.
Here's the link for
http://www.ebgames.ca/ps3/games/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn/305344

cheaper than the amazon.com one.

Thanks for the heads up. All the shops (including FS and Amazon.ca) seem to be this price now.
Went with Amazon for cheapest shipping option for me.
Pretty much going to hold onto this game, and not start it until the PS4 version comes out, lol

Thanks for the heads up. All the shops (including FS and Amazon.ca) seem to be this price now.
Went with Amazon for cheapest shipping option for me.
Pretty much going to hold onto this game, and not start it until the PS4 version comes out, lol

amazon.ca seems to have been sold out.

by the way anyone knows how to cancel an ebgames order placed online?
and if I can't can I just return the game to any ebgames store? for a CC refund?

Luigi87

amazon.ca seems to have been sold out.

by the way anyone knows how to cancel an ebgames order placed online?
and if I can't can I just return the game to any ebgames store? for a CC refund?

1. Go to view your order. You should be able to cancel it there (a big red button).

2. Yes you can.

iLLmAtlc

You guys ever have amazon.ca deliver Bly rays in really crappy condition? I've ordered two from them, one was all dented and the second one looked like it was re-shrink wrapped and the inside cover was all wrinkly. I ordered another copy of the second movie from Walmart and it had none of those problems.

1. Go to view your order. You should be able to cancel it there (a big red button).

2. Yes you can.

I didn't order it with my account, it doesn't show >_> When I log in.
But it does if I look it up with my email that's used for my account the order number
I might have to send em an email to get it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You guys ever have amazon.ca deliver Bly rays in really crappy condition? I've ordered two from them, one was all dented and the second one looked like it was re-shrink wrapped and the inside cover was all wrinkly. I ordered another copy of the second movie from Walmart and it had none of those problems.
Only BRs I've gotten from them were box sets (LotR, Game of Thrones S1 and S2) and they came well packaged and perfect.

KLonso

Just ordered the Mario & Luigi Deluxe Wii U Bundle from amazon.ca for $250, (I believe it's normally $300). Amazon has the normal price listed as $350 though. They're currently out of stock, but you can still buy it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Returners

I did. Complained and got a credit. The disc wasn't even sealed and had tons of finger prints.

Other time I refunded and got them to mail me a new one.

UPS though, the delivery guy sometimes throws these packages to the front door. :S especially if they are small.

frequency

Wait.... Doesn't the game have monthly fees? And how would the upgrade from PS3 to PS4 work?

It does have a monthly fee.

Upgrade will be based on your account (which is linked to your PSN account). If you have the PS3 version registered to your account, you will be able to download the PS4 client for free.

Luigi87

I didn't order it with my account, it doesn't show >_> When I log in.
But it does if I look it up with my email that's used for my account the order number
I might have to send em an email to get it.

Oh, yes if you purchased as a guest you may need to send them a support ticket with your order number.

khaaan

Top Bottom