• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

lfc11

Neo Member
I read that TRU has 15% off Wii and Wii U accessories, but when I was in one earlier they had Wiimotes marked down, but not Wii U Pro Controllers - could be worth investigating though
Went to TRU on Broadway in Vancouver and picked up a wii u pro controller for 15% off. Paid $42.49 before taxes.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I got a "credit card not accepted due to billing address mismatch" last time I tried cross border shopping like this. I believe mastercard put a stop to it.
I just did it on Amazon.com with my Mastercard without issue. I had $10 in credit (which I got over the months $1 at a time using the App Trailers app on my iPhone) and paid the other $19.99 with my Canadian MC and a US address. I'm holding onto the code in the hopes that a 12+3 month deal pops up on PSN again within the next few months.

bigmf

I just tried it at game stop too:

The credit card billing information you entered does not match the information on file at your financial institution. Prior to placing a new order, please verify your billing information with your financial institution to ensure all information is accurate and up to date.

Canon

Banned
Got an xbox 360 4 GB at SuperStore for $129 (no tax). Plus a $50 gift card. Used the gift card to buy 12 months of Xbox Live Gold for $39 (no tax), some pears and a banana.

Vamphuntr

Seems like Ebgames website glitched. The Vita bundles are finally up but they actually slashed the price of the wrong one :p

Vanilla Vita + free Uncharted was supposed to be 179.99$ but instead it was Walking Dead Bundle + Free Uncharted that was offered for 179.99$. Close to the US Amazon deal. Ordered one, wonder if they will honor it.

EBgames charged my card for it so it appears it will be dispatched after all :O

LkPr

Anyone having issues redeeming the PS+ bought from amazon.com on a Canadian PSN account? I was able to purchase it no problem today but when i try to enter the code after hitting "continue" it kicks me out of the store and back to the PS4 home page. I am able to get into the PSN store no problem.

Anyone having issues redeeming the PS+ bought from amazon.com on a Canadian PSN account? I was able to purchase it no problem today but when i try to enter the code after hitting "continue" it kicks me out of the store and back to the PS4 home page. I am able to get into the PSN store no problem.

Redeeming is down for everyone, too much traffic! Greatness awaits!

kurahadol

I just tried it at game stop too:
It works on the Amazon digital code purchase because it's billing only your credit card number, not your address. It will not work this way on other sites. However, for this particular purchase, you can use a fake address. I bought two on my credit card using a Delaware address.

bigmf

It works on the Amazon digital code purchase because it's billing only your credit card number, not your address. It will not work this way on other sites. However, for this particular purchase, you can use a fake address. I bought two on my credit card using a Delaware address.

Now, try Amazon.

Well, right now I'm waiting on the gift certificate I bought myself. Trying that method linked above.

Roto13

Just bought a 16gb Lexar class 10 SD card for $10 on futureshop.ca. Not bad. My 8gb 3DS card is full.

So with that and Papers, Please for $5 on Steam, my total today comes to $15 before tax and shipping. :p

zroid

Banned
Just bought a 16gb Lexar class 10 SD card for $10 on futureshop.ca. Not bad. My 8gb 3DS card is full.

So with that and Papers, Please for $5 on Steam, my total today comes to $15 before tax and shipping. :p

All I bought today was $15 worth of chocolate from Sears. Paid $0.10. :p

Yawnier

Banned
Today was a good day. I ended up picking up Tales of Xillia, KH 1.5, SMTIV, Dragon's Crown, and Project X Zone. I didn't initially plan on splurging, but oh well :p.

khaaan

Not done with the day yet, actually heading out to TRU in a bit to see if I can grab Wind Waker HD and possibly ZombiU from a FS nearby. So far I've only spent $25 at EB for a used copy of Sukioden DS ($20) and Spongebob: Drawn To Life ($5 - that's right punks, let the jelly flow through you).

GG-Duo

Hey, I'm getting off work in a few hours and I'll look for PS3 controllers. If I remember correctly, these were the deals right?

- It's basically $39 everywhere?
- Target has pink controllers on clearance
- Either Wal-Mart or Target has the Ratchet Collection + Controller box for $39?
- Superstore has their tax-free thing today

anything else?

i-Jest

Could it be possible it's because we've made purchases in the past this way? I've taken advantage of .com's Steam deals in the past.

HHmm...I don't know. I've bought things off of Amazon.com but the sellers shipped internationally. Whatever the case, I can't purchase the codes. *kicks can*

Fuzzy

Hey, I'm getting off work in a few hours and I'll look for PS3 controllers. If I remember correctly, these were the deals right?

- It's basically $39 everywhere?
- Target has pink controllers on clearance
- Either Wal-Mart or Target has the Ratchet Collection + Controller box for $39?
- Superstore has their tax-free thing today

anything else?
You missed the Ratchet Collection + DS3 for $35 from Amazon.ca I posted yesterday.

HHmm...I don't know. I've bought things off of Amazon.com but the sellers shipped internationally. Whatever the case, I can't purchase the codes. *kicks can*
I meant I've bought digital goods that aren't supposed to be available to Canadians before which is why I had no problems at all this time.

you can get bf3 from amazon.com for 30 bucks, and upgrade to ps4 version for 10 on psn

the code from amazon works on a canadian account, no need to create a US one, you also get a $5 voucher as a promo

so $35 for the ps3 and ps4 versions of bf4, pretty solid deal

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!

Was able to redeem my two codes just fine this morning.

Fuzzy

I keep getting 'an error has occurred' trying to redeem my ps+ code. Is redemption shut off right now?
Hr4j4rJ.png

zroid

Banned
Oooh! Best Buy charged my card for Ys Celceta. Still hasn't shipped but I suppose it will on Monday and I'll get it on Tues. 1 week is a much faster turnaround than I was expecting, given my last couple experiences with XSeed.

bigmf

After all this frigging around I got Amazon's Sorry prcessing is taking longer than expected page. It says they'll e-mail me. I'm going to too much trouble to save 20 bucks.

Fuzzy

After all this frigging around I got Amazon's Sorry prcessing is taking linger than expected page. It says they'll e-mail me. I'm going to too much trouble to save 20 bucks.
The code isn't listed under your game and software library?

53sskcx.png

Either way, I don't know if redeeming codes on PSN is up yet. It doesn't bother me though because I already have PS+ and I'm in no rush to redeem it.

Still no PSN for $30 in Canada yet?
There won't be, you have to buy them from Amazon.com.

not sure if its a good deal since I had really bad experience with Lexar card. I bought a 32GB class 10 few months ago and it was horribly slow, definitely slower than Sandisk class 4

Sober

Oh great more confusion about what sd cards to use in the 3ds. Pretty sure a goon on SA tell me Sandisk cards in a 3ds keep getting unmounted or somehow undetected until you take it out and put it back in.

So let's just avoid all SD card brands lol

The Sony rep said there would be a deal for Canada.

Seems increasingly obvious that the Sony rep lied (or was mistaken), unless for some reason everyone's been saving their PS+ deal for Cyber Monday (which seems really unlikely considering Cyber Monday has always been reheated leftovers from Black Friday anyways).

Top Bottom