• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Luigi87

Does anyone know if it comes with some initial playtime? I'd like to dive in on this but I don't have the time to focus on it for a few weeks.

Yes, you get a free 30-day trial period that begins the moment you register your game (as such I myself plan to wait for the PS4 version's launch, lol)

I got a Vita with a 4GB card and Black Ops: Declassified for 125$ with taxes after redemption at Shoppers Drug Mart!

However, I am a bit pissed. I walked in Microplay to trade-in Black Ops: Declassified only to realize that they only give the cart and not the box of the game. They advertise the freaking blue Vita box on the front of the bundle... Now I remember reading about that and I guess I just forgot, but they would not take the game.

Does Ebgames still take games without the box? Or is my best bet Kijiji or something? That freaking game is 49.99$ new and 34.99$ pre-played and I have 0 interest in playing it...

Kazerei

Banned
I got a Vita with a 4GB card and Black Ops: Declassified for 125$ with taxes after redemption at Shoppers Drug Mart!

However, I am a bit pissed. I walked in Microplay to trade-in Black Ops: Declassified only to realize that they only give the cart and not the box of the game. They advertise the freaking blue Vita box on the front of the bundle... Now I remember reading about that and I guess I just forgot, but they would not take the game.

Does Ebgames still take games without the box? Or is my best bet Kijiji or something? That freaking game is 49.99$ new and 34.99$ pre-played and I have 0 interest in playing it...

I'm pretty sure Ebgames will take it, but it won't be eligible for any trade-in promos. Last time I did this was like a year ago though.

zroid

Banned
I think EB will take it. They probably won't give you as much for it though.

Weird they would give you a physical cart but not the box. At that point why not just give a download code? I mean where the heck are you supposed to store the cart?

I think EB will take it. They probably won't give you as much for it though.

Weird they would give you a physical cart but not the box. At that point why not just give a download code? I mean where the heck are you supposed to store the cart?

Exactly, where am I suppose to store it?! And they show the box of the game on the bundle, making you believe that you will have the whole thing inside! I am putting it up for 25$ on Kijiji, it's close to Christmas time and out of stock on Ebgames website. However, it's 25$ new on amazon but there is barely any copies left.

Dunlop

zroid

Banned
loool does anyone remember how I got a "free" copy of Wind Waker HD from Future Shop, because for whatever reason they decided to ship it to me without actually charging me for it.

Well... two months later, they finally decided to charge me. Problem is I wanted to return it, so I still have this sealed copy on-hand and now an invoice which states it was shipped 2 months ago. Something tells me it's going to be a big hassle to get my refund. Thanks, Future Shop!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
So the best 3dsxl deals are 150 at bb/fs right? I could price match at toys r us for 135 I guess. I really want to upgrade my regular one to an xl but I can't decide. Blah.

Anyone know what I would get trading in a regular 3ds somewhere?

khaaan

loool does anyone remember how I got a "free" copy of Wind Waker HD from Future Shop, because for whatever reason they decided to ship it to me without actually charging me for it.

Well... two months later, they finally decided to charge me. Problem is I wanted to return it, so I still have this sealed copy on-hand and now an invoice which states it was shipped 2 months ago. Something tells me it's going to be a big hassle to get my refund. Thanks, Future Shop!

Did they charge you the E3 promotion price? because I'm sure someone from GAF would probably buy it off of you.

I know I would, Toys R Us was out when I went yesterday. ;_;

isny

napkin dispenser
Did they charge you the E3 promotion price? because I'm sure someone from GAF would probably buy it off of you.

I know I would, Toys R Us was out when I went yesterday. ;_;

Want to buy my copy for $40 shipped when I'm done with it in a week?

Just PM me! :)

iphys

Well they couldn't have refunded you till they charged you, so they should definitely count the purchase as being made when they charged you rather than when they shipped it. Plus, wasn't it their screw-up for sending it to you in the first place when you tried to cancel your extra order for it after they switched out our pre-orders for the new Wii U Zelda for Wind Waker HD on all of us?

I noticed they never actually took off my extra copy from my order that they said they'd remove, but they never shipped it either. I better make sure they didn't just decide to charge me for a 2nd copy of Wind Waker that I never actually received.

zroid

Banned
turned out to be a lot of fuss over nothing. I was trying to explain my "situation" to the CSR, and he was barely even listening. just shrugged and took it. oh well, whatever. :p

sorry, khaaan, just barely missed you. :C

it was at the E3 price of $40

NolbertoS

There's no such thing as a free game from BB or FS, theh spend millions to tag there inventory. If u knew, you'd be charged, shoulf'vr refunded it or something. It'll be a hassle now returning a product 2 months later. Just man up and pay

isny

napkin dispenser
It's actually 5% off after the first purchase I think.

Right, sorry, forgot about that. Still though, your first purchase can be for a .99 cent Steam game (which would totally negate the 5% discount on the game at BB, but I digress, lol)

Still, $35 for a used copy is still a deal =)

Flakster99

Ordered a Wii U Zelda bundle from Best Buy.ca last night for pickup today after work. After taxes it set me back $275.99 with the $50 gift card used towards the system. I also received another $50 gift card which I then used to purchase Zombie U for $19.99 and am saving the rest.

Very pleased with myself. Excellent savings and a big thank you to this thread.

jcutner

just bought a black 3DS XL for $149 from Best Buy

My last DS was an OG fat red mariokart DS.

What have I missed and what do I need!

Downloading/buying Animal Crossing, Zelda (whatever the new one is) and Pokemon X/Y.
I remember on the bombcast's - Jeff talked about some 3D Puzzle game, what's that?

Joeku

Downloading/buying Animal Crossing, Zelda (whatever the new one is) and Pokemon X/Y.
I remember on the bombcast's - Jeff talked about some 3D Puzzle game, what's that?

That would be Picross 3D, and it's a regular DS game.

It's also fucking awesome.

isny

napkin dispenser

Pushmo and Crashmo.

Also, if buying Animal Crossing and Zelda, the former is $20 on Amazon, and the latter $35 at SDM.

I called EB Games and asked if they were still doing the physical PS3->PS4 upgrade of titles like Assassin's Creed and COD, and the guy said no. He did however say that Futureshop might be doing it. Has anyone heard of FS offering the program?

GAF! I bought a 2TB Seagate External HDD for $70!

It's that price at FS and BB but they had no stock in my area, instead I price-matched at Walmart:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...e-stbv2000100-black-stbv2000100/10208006.aspx

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=957fc2f62f8d43c8c11841634150e5b7en02

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/seagate...000066692990?gclid=CPWvieuujbsCFc1aMgodskcAPg

And I got DKCR3D for $20 and SMTIV for $30 at WM, also from price matches (DKCR3D from TRU and SMTIV from FS).

Now my very important question is, is this HDD compatible with Wii U without a hitch? I'm not an expert on HDD culture types and their compatibility with Wii U, I just figure that any external HDD works.

Anyone with experience able to help me out? I haven't opened it yet and I'm not certain if I can bring it back if it's somehow not compatible after testing it.

I'd buy it at that price but when I clicked the actual link, I didn't see it...? Sold out already?

1404923_393165830816858_482167818_o.jpg

i-Jest

Now my very important question is, is this HDD compatible with Wii U without a hitch? I'm not an expert on HDD culture types and their compatibility with Wii U, I just figure that any external HDD works.

Anyone with experience able to help me out? I haven't opened it yet and I'm not certain if I can bring it back if it's somehow not compatible after testing it.

We have a GAF thread for that type of thing. Hope that helps.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500517

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I called EB Games and asked if they were still doing the physical PS3->PS4 upgrade of titles like Assassin's Creed and COD, and the guy said no. He did however say that Futureshop might be doing it. Has anyone heard of FS offering the program?
IIRC they only did it for a couple of games (Madden, FIFA, maybe CoD but I can't remember) and it was only if you originally bought the PS3/360 version from them and still had the receipt to prove it. I think they're over though because it was only for the first week or two after launch.

Only thing I remember is that the HDD needs to be externally powered (plugged into the wall) or else you need to use a Y-cable and use both USB ports on the Wii U in order to power it.

IIRC they only did it for a couple of games (Madden, FIFA, maybe CoD but I can't remember) and it was only if you originally bought the PS3/360 version from them and still had the receipt to prove it. I think they're over though because it was only for the first week or two after launch.

Only thing I remember is that the HDD needs to be externally powered (plugged into the wall) or else you need to use a Y-cable and use both USB ports on the Wii U in order to power it.

Looks like it comes with a power adapter and USB cable:

http://www.seagate.com/external-hard-drives/desktop-hard-drives/expansion-hard-drive/

Can they be used along super redemption days like today?
Sorry I just saw this post!

So did you get to use the coupon along with the super redemption?

They only had it for EA Sports games for the first week of release, I did that the night PS4 came out with my FIFA!

Smo21

I don't know where you live but try other EB games. I know around me they're still doing it till January.

Nice, went to Shoppers to get a Vita (CoD bundle), $200 normally.

Used a 30% off coupon and the cashier gave me the full $60 instead of the Max $50.

Paid with 50,000 points and she used the bonus Spend Your Points deal (even though you're not supposed to) and took $105 off (instead of $85).

Girlfriend paid $50 toward it as a belated birthday gift.

I just paid $2.24 for a Vita!

Used a 30% off coupon and the cashier gave me the full $60 instead of the Max $50.

Paid with 50,000 points and she used the bonus Spend Your Points deal (even though you're not supposed to) and took $105 off (instead of $85).

Amazing! Enjoy!

Nice buy :D
Enjoy and probablyyou should pick P4G for $20 on PSN this week ;)

Posts like these make me wanna shop at Shoppers from now on. I never buy electronics there because there selection is bleak.

Haines

Banned
Will we be doing cyber monday in canada? When will we know the deals? Still anxiously awaiting xbone game sales so i can get something to play on it

Posts like these make me wanna shop at Shoppers from now on. I never buy electronics there because there selection is bleak.

And they make me not want to anymore! Bought the same bundle today and I redeemed the same amount of points but I paid 125$ for it instead of 55$ like that guy because they NEVER send me those 30% coupons ever though I shop there like crazy! I guess I still enjoy saving with the Optimum thing, but it's frustrating! haha

Top Bottom