• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Roto13

Will we be doing cyber monday in canada? When will we know the deals? Still anxiously awaiting xbone game sales so i can get something to play on it

Future Shop and Best Buy are definitely doing something. There's going to be another PSN sale too.

Networker

Banned
Nice, went to Shoppers to get a Vita (CoD bundle), $200 normally.

Used a 30% off coupon and the cashier gave me the full $60 instead of the Max $50.

Paid with 50,000 points and she used the bonus Spend Your Points deal (even though you're not supposed to) and took $105 off (instead of $85).

Girlfriend paid $50 toward it as a belated birthday gift.

I just paid $2.24 for a Vita!

hollyshit lol, that's amazing man.

I had, again, an urge to buy Suikoden II so I looked all over the place for a good price. I freaked out when I found one at 100$ in my province (Quebec) but the guy lives in Gatineau which is the same as saying Ottawa so it's way too far from me. =(

Sorry, I needed to share! Also, maybe someone else who is closer will be interested and make me jealous! (However, there is no mention of the quality of the disc and there is a video rental store sticker on it so it might be very average, but maybe nobody ever bothered to rent it!).

And Rayman Legends for $17 or whatever was pretty good.

First of all the sale goes on for the whole weekend afaik!
That price is for Vita and it goes for $30 for PS3!
I want this game very badly but I'm decided to buy it either on PS4 or WiiU for second screen support, even though second screen is not yet confirmed for PS4 version!

ohlawd

think we'll see any deals for 32 gig Vita memory cards on Cyber Monday?

I've only had my Vita for one day and my 4 gig card is killing me already.

and oh yeah my Ys Turbo Edition is shipping fuck yessssssssssssss finally.

Posts like these make me wanna shop at Shoppers from now on. I never buy electronics there because there selection is bleak.

I went to my local mall after work to pick up black ops 2 when it launched. I walked past ebgames, the line was easily 50 people. My mom had to get milk so I went into shoppers with her. We were paying for the milk and they had a stack of BO2 sitting on the counter, I bought one, and left, no hassel, no giving my money to EB games!

Jinto

Aw man, I put a few items in my Amazon shopping cart a couple of days go without checking out in order to see if I could find the items for cheaper on Black Friday. I found one item for like $2 cheaper somewhere else, so I bought that. Anyways, I come back to my shopping cart a few minutes ago, and the item I really wanted, a Christmas gift for someone, went up in price by $30. :(

I've never bought anything from Amazon before, and at the risk of sounding stupid, why don't they show on their website if something is on sale, and how long it's on sale for? Hopefully it goes back down on Cyber Monday.

DJ_Lae

I've never bought anything from Amazon before, and at the risk of sounding stupid, why don't they show on their website if something is on sale, and how long it's on sale for? Hopefully it goes back down on Cyber Monday.

To encourage you to buy right away.

As far as I know there's never been any indication of sale prices or duration or anything like that other than the odd day or weeklong sale. Sometimes things drop drastically in price and they usually go back up if a bunch of people start purchasing.

I think there are a few sites that track amazon prices.

Jinto

To encourage you to buy right away.

That could work both ways though,right? Like, I would have bought it when I had the chance if it clearly stated that the deal was only good today or however long it was for. I guess most Amazon veterans know this stuff. Ugh, I wish I did. I thought that was the regular price for it. Live and learn I guess...

If it's anything like normal Disney Bluray+DVD+Digital Copy+whatever the hell else ripoff packs: $30-$35.

lol OK

Do you guys have any idea why BB would send my $800 iPad by freaking ground shipping?!
They never did that with so much cheaper items, why this?!!
Guess I should have chose $75 gift card Apple was offering over the $50 saving BB did!
Sorry for whining but it kinda bugged me :(

Tagg9

lol OK

Do you guys have any idea why BB would send my $800 iPad by freaking ground shipping?!
They never did that with so much cheaper items, why this?!!
Guess I should have chose $75 gift card Apple was offering over the $50 saving BB did!
Sorry for whining but it kinda bugged me :(

Maybe because you chose ground shipping?...

Gotta love SDM. I've bought so many electronics from them but they're just so clueless about them. It's like your parents and video games.

It took a few phone calls to try to find a 3DS XL with Mario Kart ("do you mean DSi XL?"), and a few more patient minutes while they looked for Mario 3D World and Zelda ("Mario 3D Land? New Super Mario Bros?") but it was worth it.

It comes with both games on a single Wii U disc. The disc does come in a full Wii U game case but can't recall if there is a manual. Not sure if it even should come with a manual either. There is no resale disclaimer I can recall either.

Edit: just checked. No manual, code or an other pamphlet included. But it does come sealed.

Cactus

Banned
Kind of a strange request, but if anyone bought the M&L WiiU bundle, I'm looking to trade single copies of the games for the bundled copy. (ie-I'd trade one copy of NSBU and one copy of SLU for the packed-in game that includes both on one disc).

zroid

Banned
Kind of a strange request, but if anyone bought the M&L WiiU bundle, I'm looking to trade single copies of the games for the bundled copy. (ie-I'd trade one copy of NSBU and one copy of SLU for the packed-in game that includes both on one disc).

If I hadn't already gotten both the DLC and standalone versions of NSLU, I'd probably take you up on that. Having the DLC renders the "single disc" redundant.

Damnit Canada, just bought a Vita and I am hunting for games. Muramasa Rebirth is 39.99$ on amazon.ca while the collector edition is 29.99$ on amazon.com... Game looks awesome, anyone here played it?

zroid

Banned
Damnit Canada, just bought a Vita and I am hunting for games. Muramasa Rebirth is 39.99$ on amazon.ca while the collector edition is 29.99$ on amazon.com... Game looks awesome, anyone here played it?

haven't played the Vita port, but it was alright on Wii. Very pretty, but aside from that it's just ok.

Vamphuntr

Yeah this is why I didn't bother to use the shop.ca + ebates + paypal deal. It doesn't appear like they actually have many video games product in stock.

Returners

I had to double check my watch.

But.... Canada Post delivering on weekends is real.

Ordered something Friday from Bestbuy Black Friday sale. Canada Post delivered today.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If you didn't get a case for your Vita, you might as well get the collector's edition since it comes with a Hori snapcover.
(It only fits the original Vita... which I still assume is the one being sold here, but I have no idea).

I had to double check my watch.

But.... Canada Post delivering on weekends is real.

Ordered something Friday from Bestbuy Black Friday sale. Canada Post delivered today.

I think they hire extra drivers during the XMAS season. Has happened in December to me as well.

zroid

Banned
Someone was asking about a Fire Emblem Awakening deal?

1JYg8nH.png

also:

X7Ztkze.png

isny

napkin dispenser
Do you guys think on boxing day the Wii U bundles will be $250 just like there were a few days ago?

More than likely. I can't see every retailer dropping them to $250 for Black Friday, which wasn't even a thing in Canada until this year, and not dropping them for Boxing Day.

That's weird tho, Black Friday happening in Canada as well. What retailers are going to do on boxing day? Drop the prices even lower? If not they might as well drop it and keep on the assimilation to the US process lol...

Socreges

Banned
That's weird tho, Black Friday happening in Canada as well. What retailers are going to do on boxing day? Drop the prices even lower? If not they might as well drop it and keep on the assimilation to the US process lol...
The deals will be better. Especially since the BF deals haven't been special. It's just Canadian retailers taking advantage of the BF branding. Raises sales substantially despite the margins being mostly the same. So long as they can be confident that people will show up, they ultimately make money on sales like these. Not sure if you're familiar with how retail works.

BF sales were pretty mediocre. I expect Boxing Day to have a couple more doorcrashers but I don't think the sales will get much better.

It was more advertising and hype than anything.

Yawnier

Banned
That is a great price for Fire Emblem, any of you 3DS people who don't own it I highly recommend it when also considering 1st party Nintendo games like those don't go on sale often.

Top Bottom