• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Lexxism

Does EB still have the "trade in any ps4 game for 40.-" promo? I don't see it on their website anymore. It was supposed to go on til December 31st...

EB don't have that promo. Only FS/BB are doing the trading any PS4/XB1 games for $40 credit till Jan 2nd.

theRizzle

Are Samsungs kind of the top quality right now?

Anecdotal obviously, but my roommate has a Samsung Plasma from 2011 I think and it's pretty good. He paid ~$1000 for it then.

I have a Panasonic ST50 which I think does look noticeably better, but not by a huge margin. Certainly not as big as I figured it would after spending a whole year reading online fellating of the ST50.

EB don't have that promo. Only FS/BB are doing the trading any PS4/XB1 games for $40 credit till Jan 2nd.

They advertised for it a few weeks ago. I remember it specifically because I thought to myself how much easier it was to trade at EB over BB or FS.

I'm gonna be receiving a package from UPS that requires a signature. I'm fairly confident that no one will be home on weekdays during regular work hours.

Does UPS do the same thing as Canada Post and leave it at their depot for pickup? Or are they going to attempt a few times then return to sender? Can I somehow tell them to leave it at the depot?

Jinto

I'm gonna be receiving a package from UPS that requires a signature. I'm fairly confident that no one will be home on weekdays during regular work hours.

Does UPS do the same thing as Canada Post and leave it at their depot for pickup? Or are they going to attempt a few times then return to sender? Can I somehow tell them to leave it at the depot?

In my experiences with them, you have to wait until they make the first of 3 delivery attempts before you can make other arrangements with them. After that you can give them a call and have them leave the item at their facility for pick up. I think they deliver until 7pm, so you might also be able to get them to deliver it later. Not sure about that part though.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I witnessed the PS4 thirst yesterday while shopping. Merivale FutureShop (Ottawa) got ~20 PS4s delivered. They tweeted about it to let people know, and I saw every single console bought and taken out the door over the course of 15 minutes.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Are there any sales on ps4 controllers? I want to get one for my pc. :(

Are there any sales on ps4 controllers? I want to get one for my pc. :(

Using code 039362 on the source.ca will give you 15%, bringing it to 50.99$ (ends today). You can select free shipping or in-store pick up if you have one near you. Not the greatest deal, but it's almost 10$ off.

Edit: Also works on Vita memory cards.

keakster

Has anyone seen PS4 games/accessories at Shoppers in Toronto? The few I have been in still only have 360/PS3/WiiU/3DS games from last year!

Many family members looking for PS4s and I wish I can get one at retail price instead of Kijiji thieves!
Someone listed a PS4 for $475 so I texted him and he said I can pick it up then he texted me back after a while if I can pay $500 because he's getting many offers! I basically told him to fuck off :(

Roto13

Many family members looking for PS4s and I wish I can get one at retail price instead of Kijiji thieves!
Someone listed a PS4 for $475 so I texted him and he said I can pick it up then he texted me back after a while if I can pay $500 because he's getting many offers! I basically told him to fuck off :(

Actually buying stuff from these assholes just makes it worse.

Only panic if you don't get the ship notice by the 9th. Wasn't in the office yesterday but from what I know of the last ps4 shipments, they started shipping before they were marked as shipped. The supplier should be marking them as shipped but for whatever reason their process lags behind the actual time the item ships. For example, I ordered AC4 on a Sunday night, it arrived Tuesday, but I didn't get the ship notice till Wednesday.

Edit: good to see you got the notice :)

Ok that's cool and all but what's up with yall packaging though?

Taken from RFD
Just take a look at your packaging guys. Mine came in a box with no padding or bubble protection. It basically wrapped around the PS4 box. Mine has the dreaded BLoD which sucks ***** . Multiple reasons why it could happen but Ive been reading that damage during shipping could be a reason. Im now waiting for a coffin to ship it back to Sony. Still fighting them for compensation and their ***** customer service. I didn't even bother contacting Shop.ca, we all know how that will turn out.
Cmon man wtf shop.ca?!!!

Roto13

lol why? they got some crazies, but its still a good site for deals.

Because it's a site full of slimy little pricks who will do anything to scam free stuff or rip people off. This one's screaming at Sony customer service agents to try to get free games from them, as though they have done him some horrible wrong.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I hate when both sides do this. If you quote a price, there is a verbal agreement and both parties should stick to it. People's words can mean so little these days.

I posted it before but I sold a Sony e-reader for 215 and dude makes a big deal about me being on time. I'm on time and he's fucking 1/2 hour late and he has the nerve to say he wants to bargain. I told him nope. Bububut he's a poor student. So I told him if he couldn't afford it at that price them he shouldn't have contacted me. Wasted another 30 mins trying to get this guy to pay the agreed upon price and he finally did.

That was the worst experience I've had so I guess I got lucky. After making a point during a call and my posts not to haggle they've been mostly good.

The PS4 I returned to Futureshop was basically in a box with paper wrapped around it to keep it from moving. I assume it wouldn't be a problem, or FS would have been dealing with a flood of returns at the moment.

Same for me, but the shop.ca one is wrapped around the box with nothing at all!

Maximus.

Finally got my Wii U from Walmart. The issue is that Canada Post decided to leave the box by my door without letting anyone know and no one was home!

i-Jest

Has anyone seen PS4 games/accessories at Shoppers in Toronto? The few I have been in still only have 360/PS3/WiiU/3DS games from last year!

I've seen PS4 controllers at Shopper, Eglinton West and Caledonia, for $59.99. Thinking of picking up a controller just in time for my PS4 arrival.

Same for me, but the shop.ca one is wrapped around the box with nothing at all!

Well, it says it came in a box in that post. But, I mean, there are people here who received theirs and no one has complained about the packaging anyway.

Well I hope I my unit won't suffer misfortune. That would suck.

Roto13

My friend bought a second controller with his PS4 and he seems to regret it. Nothing has local multiplayer. Even games that seem like they probably should have local multiplayer, like Battlefield 4.

i-Jest

My friend bought a second controller with his PS4 and he seems to regret it. Nothing has local multiplayer. Even games that seem like they probably should have local multiplayer, like Battlefield 4.

I suspect offline multiplayer will become more scarce this generation than it was last. It's a shame really; playing with others , side by side, really does make gaming a fun experience. That's how a lot of us got into gaming in the first place. A shared experience is what makes gaming fun. It helps to get mildly interested or uninterested people to play.

I'm looking forward to playing Trine 2 with the girlfriend. I suspect there'll be more than a few indie games that offer local coop too.

terrible

Banned

With the battery life being what it is I'm using my 2nd controller a lot since I switch controllers once my batteries die. It'd be cheaper just to buy a long USB cable and charge while you play of course.

Gxgear

Any of these don't have it? Lego Marvel, NFS Rivals, Knack, Resogun, KZ Shadowfall (incoming) co-op?

i-Jest

Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition for the PS4 should have 2 player offline. It's a fighting game for those not in the know.

Magnus

Holy shit. iPhone 5S 16gb models are $99 now on two year contracts at BB. I paid $229 like a chump on day 1 at Rogers. Never imagined this steep a drop so fast.

soultron

Banned
Holy shit. iPhone 5S 16gb models are $99 now on two year contracts at BB. I paid $229 like a chump on day 1 at Rogers. Never imagined this steep a drop so fast.

Never, ever be an early adopter with phones. I've learned that lesson so many times, between manufacturing defects, price drops, and so on. I always wait >6 months.

Top Bottom