• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Anth0ny

Why is it tempting then?

when will 2DS be $89 again?!

You wouldn't have 5. One of them would be a 2DS.

this is true D=

Might just pick up a 2ds for my little brother's christmas present. Comes with a $40 gift card as well?

What games would you guys reccomend i get for him he's 10. I only have pokemon x atm

Mario 3D World, Zelda Link Between Worlds, Ocarina of Time 3D

krae_man

Might just pick up a 2ds for my little brother's christmas present. Comes with a $40 gift card as well?

What games would you guys reccomend i get for him he's 10. I only have pokemon x atm

It's $129 with a $40 gift card in store, or $89 online(gift card automatically applied).

lupinko

Got Theatrhythm, Sticker Star and 999 from EB's B2G1 sale today. Pretty surprised to find used copies of all those games left in stock, especially 999.

Is this in general or only used games? I was thinking about 999 too and my local ebgames also has it in stock.

Hmmmm.

Anth0ny

I guess the question isn't so much, why would you want a 2DS when you have four 3DSs, but why do you have four 3DSs....

I don't know mannnnnnnnnn

This stuff makes me weak. I thought I'd be okay with a black 3DS. they they released a Zelda 3DS. Then a Pikachu 3DS XL. THEN a Zelda 3DS XL ; _ ;

FrankCaron

Gold Member
Man, Walmart.ca has THE WORST shipping ever. Ordered a $99 2DS for Cyber Monday, and it still hasn't shipped. The center is in Sauga and I'm in downtown TO.

Just wanted to say "Thanks" to the people who posted about the Uplay give-away, managed to get myself a ACIV Season Pass code e-mailed to me yesterday so I'm all set.

ohlawd

Man, Walmart.ca has THE WORST shipping ever. Ordered a $99 2DS for Cyber Monday, and it still hasn't shipped. The center is in Sauga and I'm in downtown TO.
I bought one online on the 28th (was already 99 bucks) and it shipped on the 29th. Got it on Tues.

-Deimos

I'm getting SUUUUPER annoyed that Shop.ca is refusing to respond to me about my refund. This is getting to be complete bullshit.

I sent them a question a month ago and they responded only a few days ago. Question wan't important and I totally forgot that I sent it, but that should give you a timeframe for your refund.

lupinko

smh don't hesitate and get it unless you're worried about the condition.

Well while I'm interested in 999/VLR, I wasn't too fond of SMTIV (which is not really the same), so I don't know if I still have it for digital novel games. That's mainly what's holding me back.

Love that art by Kinu tho for 999/VLR.

refund for what?

I sent two games back for a refund almost three weeks ago. The tracking info shows they received them two weeks ago. The refund process is only supposed to take a couple days, but nothing has happened. I am not a fan of having zero power, since they have both my money and the products.

E-mail from FS: "On your recent visit to Futureshop.ca you ordered Deep Down for Playstation 4. Due to reasons beyond our control, Deep Down will only be available as a free, download-only game. Therefore, we will need to cancel this product from your order. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused."

Forgot about that!

krae_man

Cancel and order one for $89!

My $10 copies of Bioshock Infinate and Playstation All Stars shipped the next day :shrug:

Roto13

Well while I'm interested in 999/VLR, I wasn't too fond of SMTIV (which is not really the same), so I don't know if I still have it for digital novel games. That's mainly what's holding me back.

Love that art by Kinu tho for 999/VLR.

What does SMTIV have to do with visual novels? :p

frequency

shop.ca sounds so terrible. I'm glad I was too lazy to create another account for yet another online retailer back during that deal.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, I don't understand what is happening. The fact that some people got theirs today while others still haven't received any kind of confirmation email is what makes this kind of crazy for me.

DJ_Lae

I'm just getting flashes of all the negative reviews of Shop.ca on that one site a few weeks back - poor customer service, slow shipping, little to no actual information on your order once you've placed it, etc.

The extent of my own shop.ca experience is ordering a toothbrush, then having it canceled (despite saying it was in-stock at the time), and then having $15 deducted from my new account credits. I don't know if I'll ever actually order anything from them (or through them, more accurately) because the customer service aspect seems such a clusterfuck.

Palehorse

They show up as in stock and allow me to add them to my cart still.

?!? I just rechecked...if I search walmart.ca they aren't even listing 2DS, and if I go to the link ealier it shows this.

Edit: Nevermind, when I move up a level they show up as not sold online and it says "Not sold in Vancouver"

WTF. I'm not even in Van, I'm in Victoria...so different.

?!? I just rechecked...if I search walmart.ca they aren't even listing 2DS, and if I go to the link ealier it shows this.

zg66oSQ.jpg

Blue: http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/nintendo-2ds-electric-blue/6000134323590

Red: http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/nintendo-2ds-crimson-red/6000134323687

So, on the other end of bad communication, has everyone else except me gotten their Ubisoft game codes?

I did receive my PSN code for the season pass. Not sure I have heard about anyone redeeming the Gold edition of the game yet. Any news of Fuzzy?

Edit: I just remembered that he got his key right away...

Sober

Went to two different EBs today to see what they had for DS/3DS used games, and came out with:

M&L Bowser's Inside Story
Theater rhythm FF

Also

Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Layton and the Unwound Future

Also grabbed Mario 3D Land and OOT 3D from TRU, because those never go on sale so 40% off one of them is fine by me (which means they will fire sale them this boxing day probably).

Is there supposed be any order for the Castlevania DS games? Looks like it's the later one of three? Do I need to play the other two?

I never played any Layton games so I'm guessing I need to other two prior games before starting Unwound Future?

Top Bottom