• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Put a random shipping address located in the US, keep your own info for billing. Maybe you already tried?

actually you can save money if you pick a state that doesn't tax for online purchases. I recently bought a digital code for AC4 on amazon.com and picked a construction company in Idaho, no sales tax.

Firestorm

how did you guys get it? The part where it says it's only available online worries me for price matching.
It's not. It is available in stores at the same price and some stores still had stock. I did it at Toys R Us as they give an additional 10% off. The deal has only lasted this long because the first time it was posted on RFD it got moved to Expired as soon as it sold out online.

isny

napkin dispenser
FirestormXVI though A Link Between Worlds has me too hooked to play it.

ALBW is pretty epic, although, kinda short. I beat it without dying once, and am well on my way to beating it on Hero mode not dying once (fairies don't count!)

I only had to stop and scratch my head once or twice though, the puzzles are all pretty easy and straight forward. The music is really the best part, so epic!

It's not. It is available in stores at the same price and some stores still had stock. I did it at Toys R Us as they give an additional 10% off. The deal has only lasted this long because the first time it was posted on RFD it got moved to Expired as soon as it sold out online.
hmmmm I wonder if it's worth trying at the toys r us nearby. I'm sick so going out is a hassle but for a wii u at 210...that would be nice.

Firestorm

hmmmm I wonder if it's worth trying at the toys r us nearby. I'm sick so going out is a hassle but for a wii u at 210...that would be nice.
If a local Chapters has stock it is worth going as you are in the right here. It guys all the requirements of a price match and now that its on the main RFD forum it won't last long.

$189+tax after price match.

Did you see that price in store? I would probably pick up the Wii U version for $20. Otherwise I was thinking of waiting to see what the PS4 version is like.

Well I work there. When scanning them the price was showed like any regular priced items.

And no nobody had changed the pricetags yet.

nordique

Hey Canadians, I have a question. (fellow Canadian here)

I am trying to sell my PS3 bundle, on eBay.

So far I been screwed 3 times by buyers coming with lame excuses and not paying.

If it fair price ?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/161175863013?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Can someone advise ?

No offense but that's way too much.

Edit: you have to keep in mind how old most of those games are and how much the ps3 has come down in price.

My philosophy is how badly do you want to sell it? If you just want to get rid of it, make it more attractive (lower price to one where someone just clicks buy it now) but if you are patient you may have to re list a few times with that price.

Alternatively on eBay I usually let the market decide and I start bids at 0.01$

nordique

hmm really ? Even considering that some of the games are sealed ? System is not really used ?

I do not take offense. I just want to sell and I appreciate your feedback.

I gave my two cents above (re edited my post) hope that helps in some form. I'm sure others will have better advice too.

isny

napkin dispenser
RFD is saying Super Mario 3D world is 49.99 at Walmart. Doubt it will go lower than that any time soon.

Retail is $59.99? Buy during B1G1 40% off at TRU and get it for $36? Or buy during a BB half price sale and get it for $25? Buy at SDM during a 20x the points day and get back a crapton in points?

Luckily, we here in Canada have a million ways to get games and consoles for dirt cheap, you just have to be patient.

I really wish I could justify buying a Wii U at that price, but every time I think about it, I keep coming back to the fact I only really want to play Mario 3D World. (Plus even though I know there's no way Nintendo kills it early, some part of my brain keeps giving in to the stupid and worries they might do just that, and I'd be left with a dead system.)

isny

napkin dispenser
I really wish I could justify buying a Wii U at that price, but every time I think about it, I keep coming back to the fact I only really want to play Mario 3D World. (Plus even though I know there's no way Nintendo kills it early, some part of my brain keeps giving in to the stupid and worries they might do just that, and I'd be left with a dead system.)

Really? You don't want to play Wind Waker, Zombi U, New Super Mario or Super Luigi, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Pikmin, Smash Brothers, Mario Kart, Yoshi Epic Yarn, or Zelda U?

I'd say that's enough reason to buy one. They're already taking a huge loss on the system, so I don't see it ever going cheaper than $180ish like you can get it for now. Besides, the Zelda unit will only appreciate in value as it's a LE console.

Donkey Kong kind of, and maybe Yoshi Yarn, but apart from that, sadly, no. I'll probably get docked just for admitting this, but Zelda/Pikmin/Smash Bros have never done much for me and I'm finding myself less enthused by every new Mario Kart. What's the eShop selection like? I've found that what really made me love my Vita is all the weird little games that have come out digital-only.

(I'd check myself, but funny thing I just discovered about the Nintendo site: you can't filter it to show only Wii U games. Wii, 3DS and DS all have their own tabs, but Wii U has nothing. Maybe all those people who think the Nintendo has a branding issue on their hands have a point.)

I walked into an EB Games (Montreal) this afternoon with the intention of finally picking up a 3DS XL and a couple of games for a trip I'm taking next weekend. Sadly, I'd forgotten how awful shopping for games at retail is and walked out empty-handed. Took me forever to flag down an employee to ask if the meagre (probably 15 cases) selection of 3DS games was all they had, and whether they had any hardware for sale (there was zero POS for 3DS consoles, which shocked me).

They had the game and console I wanted, but in the end I didn't see the point in giving them my business when they charge the same price as everyone else and ran such a messy store. I used to work in games retail and we never let the place get so bad (yes, not even in the holiday season when it's very busy). Very disappointing experience, so I appreciate no one really discount Nintendo products so I'll probably wait for a deal in the new year.

I walked into an EB Games (Montreal) this afternoon with the intention of finally picking up a 3DS XL and a couple of games for a trip I'm taking next weekend. Sadly, I'd forgotten how awful shopping for games at retail is and walked out empty-handed. Took me forever to flag down an employee to ask if the meagre (probably 15 cases) selection of 3DS games was all they had, and whether they had any hardware for sale (there was zero POS for 3DS consoles, which shocked me).

They had the game and console I wanted, but in the end I didn't see the point in giving them my business when they charge the same price as everyone else and ran such a messy store. I used to work in games retail and we never let the place get so bad (yes, not even in the holiday season when it's very busy). Very disappointing experience, so I appreciate no one really discount Nintendo products so I'll probably wait for a deal in the new year.

They had what you wanted at the same price as everyone else, but you walked out cuz the store was messy? Alright, I guess.

zroid

Banned
Tearaway was available for preorder for $26 :p
That's a preorder so you didn't need to wait for a month to get the discount!

If I had known I was gonna own a Vita a couple weeks after Gravity Rush came out, I probably would've pre-ordered it for $20 when I could, too!
although in hindsight, it's a good thing I didn't. PS+ happened and I didn't really like it that much anyways.

If I had known I was gonna own a Vita a couple weeks after Gravity Rush came out, I probably would've pre-ordered it for $20 when I could, too!
although in hindsight, it's a good thing I didn't. PS+ happened and I didn't really like it that much anyways.

The Vita or Tearaway? :)

ismk

Roto13

You can get that PS3 on Amazon for $200.

So unless you think those games are worth another $200 (they're not) that price needs to come way down. If you want, sell Kingdom Hearts and Grand Theft Auto separately, and bundle the rest of those games (because they're old, sealed or not).

You can get that PS3 on Amazon for $200.

So unless you think those games are worth another $200 (they're not) that price needs to come way down. If you want, sell Kingdom Hearts and Grand Theft Auto separately, and bundle the rest of those games (because they're old, sealed or not).

$300 is the highest number I think he might get for that bundle!
It's old gen now!

flkraven

Snag a few copies of Rayman Legends for 360 at $19.99. Great deal. Got some christmas gifts and started playing myself. Great game.

Top Bottom