• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

L3E2

Did anyone with a ps4 with killzone and a year of plus bought from shop.ca come with one of those free month of ps plus things? I'm guessing that was just a first shipment kind of thing?

lmao troubleman you causing a lot of trouble, man.

while on the subject of Tearaway we ain't getting that game for 20 bucks? This is all Firestorm's fault.

kidding.

Troubleman always in trouble man lol. I just want to tell it how i see it and people jump me.
Did anyone with a ps4 with killzone and a year of plus bought from shop.ca come with one of those free month of ps plus things? I'm guessing that was just a first shipment kind of thing?

Yeah the free month comes with the 10$ credit and the unlimited trial.
added them into my account ps plus 1 month stacks now.

QaaQer

Mine came with one. I think it's included with every PS4 and not special to shop.ca or anything.

Seems like the Sony Store is having a buy a $50 gift card and get a $50 certificate free for use with a minimum $150 purchase. What's their in-store gaming selection like? I'm looking at their website and it's pretty pathetic.

Good ones will at least carry consoles and handhelds plus a fairly good collection of games and accessories, at least first party stuff, this might be good for picking up a pulse headset or a Vita!

Thanks for the offer, picked up the one and only Luigi 3DS XL at the Davie location tonight.

What's the current 3DS deal at SDM you guys are talking about?

joedick

Just got a shipping notice from The Source for my 2 for $50 Mario + Luigi Wiimotes. After I ordered I got an e-mail saying they were back ordered, so cool that it's coming in, and there is hope for anybody who also had them back ordered. I assumed they wouldn't get more, so I ordered two referb Wiimote plus and Nunchuck sets for $20 from Nintendo. Oh well, the more the merrier!

Tagg9

Just got a shipping notice from The Source for my 2 for $50 Mario + Luigi Wiimotes. After I ordered I got an e-mail saying they were back ordered, so cool that it's coming in, and there is hope for anybody who also had them back ordered. I assumed they wouldn't get more, so I ordered two referb Wiimote plus and Nunchuck sets for $20 from Nintendo. Oh well, the more the merrier!

Yeah, I just got my confirmation as well. Apparently Nintendo provided them with a ton of stock on Friday.

krae_man

On topic of the highest tax rate, as far as i know, Quebec owns the crown. It is a 15%

Worst part is they add the PST on top of GST for everything you buy. So it is tax on tax.

What the fuck is that?

Yeah that was dumb. Their tax rate was 7.5% but they taxed the tax so the net tax was 15.025%. Seriously just make it 8%.

Now their tax rate is 15.474% it's just dumb.

jet1911

I'll have to work duri g the boxing day, no great deals for me. :(

Just wanted a Vita anyway, I don't think we'll have amazing deals on that...

L3E2

Yeah the free month comes with the 10$ credit and the unlimited trial.
added them into my account ps plus 1 month stacks now.

Mine came with one. I think it's included with every PS4 and not special to shop.ca or anything.

The only reason I ask is because the ps4 I got looked like it was tampered with. The outter box tape looked like it'd been pulled back already and there wasn't a special playstation themed tape used on the inner box. I was curious so I opened it to look if everything was there and there was no $10 credit, free month of plus and music unlimited thing. Just wanted to know if this was the case for other people.

QaaQer

The only reason I ask is because the ps4 I got looked like it was tampered with. The outter box tape looked like it'd been pulled back already and there wasn't a special playstation themed tape used on the inner box. I was curious so I opened it to look if everything was there and there was no $10 credit, free month of plus and music unlimited thing. Just wanted to know if this was the case for other people.

That's totally shitty.

L3E2

That's totally shitty.

Yeah I think this is the first and last time I'm going to buy something from shop.ca. Don't get me wrong the deal was amazing but I don't like the thought of someone tampering with my package and possibly taking something from the inside without me knowing.

Plus the shipping box that it came in was horrible. I don't know if that is because of shop.ca or UPS but just a cardboard box covering the ps4 and no protection at all? Seems kind of odd for something that expensive.

Sorry but I don't know if I'm coming off as a whiny asshole right now but that just doesn't seem right to me.

This is just the same as if you're buying it off Kijiji!! Another reason not to shop there again!
I made 5 orders with shop.ca, had problems with 3 of them!

Mine came with the codes. Did not look like it was tampered with

There were a shit ton of xbox ones in the future shops/best buys in my area. it was so easy just to pick one. If you're looking for a xbox one, today's your lucky day.

Takuan

Complain, complain, complain. You'll get reimbursed in some form or another.

Tsundere

Banned

Wasn't that promotion only for launch?

But either way, my shop.ca PS4 came with the outside "sleeve" which was sealed. Did yours?

Don't think mine came with those either but it may have been a special batch for shop.ca since it was bundled with a year of PS+.

Edit: Mine did come with the free trial, music unlimited and 10$ credit.

Ask them what happened.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
What's wrong with them

Nothing wrong with them at all. I bought them for temporary use when my surround sound receiver broke and have no real use for them after getting my audio receiver repaired. I still have the original box and everything so you'll have the warranty from Sony till next year.

What do you all think the chances are of getting the Wii U Zelda bundle price matched?

They sold very quickly online at Indigo, but I have copies of receipts from friends who bought them, but they appear out of stock online.

Would the receipt be enough you think?

I am trying to help a friend get one, I already have a Wii U and got a Mario bundle for $230 for my son from "Santa".

FYI PSN USERS!

I received my $10 code for PSN from the spend $60 get $10 deal in November. It was in my inbox yesterday but I didn't check until today.

For those who wanted to wait for a pricedrop, Rayman Legends is currently 19.83$ on all consoles at Walmart. I'm not sure if it's an error or not, since the Wii U version was in this week's flyer for 49$ and it's still that price online.

zroid

Banned
For those who wanted to wait for a pricedrop, Rayman Legends is currently 19.83$ on all consoles at Walmart. I'm not sure if it's an error or not, since the Wii U version was in this week's flyer for 49$ and it's still that price online.

Did you see that price in store? I would probably pick up the Wii U version for $20. Otherwise I was thinking of waiting to see what the PS4 version is like.

One of my local wal-marts had rayman legends for vita marked at $39.83, but they had another pile at the bottom of the shelf that had value game barcode stickers for $19.83.

joedick

It won't let me purchase them :(

If someone from USA would purchase for me, I can give one through paypal :)

If you want somebody in the states to buy this for you, you might want to request it in a different thread. I can't imagine we get too many Yanks wandering through here ;)

Don't know if this has been posted yet or not, but I was doing price changes at my work (Walmart) and noticed Mario 3D World is on for $49.99 so if you're on the fence somehow go buy it.

Top Bottom