• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Keeping an eye out for headset sales. The pulse elite is on sale for 120 everywhere, but I'm holding out for 100. I know they're not fully compatible with the ps4 at the moment, but from what I understand they work partially and a system update is on the way. They're my front runner for a pseudo 7.1 headset unless there's a good alternative at the same price point.

If you don't mind buying used, I can sell you mine for $80. They're in mint condition, used them for a couple of weeks when my audio receiver was broken and never touched them again after.

If you won a code on the 11th, I wouldn't expect anything until at least next Wednesday (the 18th). The lag time for codes when the system was working was about a week.

Got my AC4 Season's Pass code, hurray! If I were a more cunning man I'd have gone for the AC4 Gold Edition instead and traded my hard copy in for the $40 deal, but I've already gotten such a good deal on everything that I felt like other people should've had the chance to win AC4 instead. I wonder if UPlay does these sorts of things on a semi-regular basis? It's crazy that the codes aren't running out faster.

From RFD, mother of god.

rewards.png

Sora_N

Can't search post history from mobile,, but is it okay if I ask which location?

Also do sales start at 24hr locations right at 12am?

Which location is this? I don't think there is one on Robson St?

We don't have that XL but I'll pm you with the location if we get one. If you want

zroid

Banned
the five people per store who are willing to wait in line through both christmas eve and christmas day will get a $10 TV.

WTF? Is that possible?

5 units per store. Should I waste my time?

Don't bother, it's SIG. They always do these extremely limited deals for Boxing Day and tons of people line up for them. Plus all their locations are in the suburbs, so everyone just sleeps in their cars overnight. I lined up at SIG once to buy a limited-quantity Zen 32GB MP3 player (which incidentally I still have all these years later). It wasn't nearly as hot an item as some of the other sales, and even though I managed to snag one, a bunch of the other limited-quantity deals were long gone by the time I walked through the door. You can be sure that the first five people in line at every store will be there for the TV, so unless you can drive by sometime Christmas Day and see if anyone's camped out, I'd skip it.

Well yea, that's true, but it could be the most shoddiest TV ever. Don't think it would be harmful to put the brand and model number or something.

They don't charge tax on PSN.

Nice so I'll be basically be getting infamous 2nd son for 59$ if I buy it online, plus I traded in killzone for 40$ and bought 2 20$ PSN cards(which weren't taxed) making it 19$ more

krae_man

I asked in the TV thread but this one is probably better. I want to get the Sony W900a LED TV, but I want it at less than $2000, it's on sale currently at futureshop for $2200 is it likely to get any lower, say boxing day?

Are you sure that TV is worth $800 more then the W802A? I mean sure it's a better TV but is it $800 better?

FrsDvl

If this wasn't in Canada I would actually expect people to die over this from fights in the line.

Sorry buddy I was here first! Oh sorry, no problem bud, enjoy your TV, stop by for a beer later.

Yeah these sales would work better in Canada than in the US.

Sorry buddy I was here first! Oh sorry, no problem bud, enjoy your TV, stop by for a beer later.

Yeah these sales would work better in Canada than in the US.

lol you gotta love Canadians
But honestly such nice gestures sometimes make my day and improve my mood significantly :)

Jinto

Seems like the Sony Store is having a buy a $50 gift card and get a $50 certificate free for use with a minimum $150 purchase. What's their in-store gaming selection like? I'm looking at their website and it's pretty pathetic.

ohlawd

lmao troubleman you causing a lot of trouble, man.

while on the subject of Tearaway we ain't getting that game for 20 bucks? This is all Firestorm's fault.

kidding.

Top Bottom