• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Roto13

I feel like Media Molecule owes me Tearaway for cheap after tricking me into paying full price for LittleBigPlanet without warning me that it sucks.

Amazon.ca has the wii u for 259. I'd honestly just say fuck it and bite since I'm having no luck with other sales but boxing day is so close. Maybe I'll just bite. lol.

Wii U y u do dis 2 me.

btkadams

Yeah I think this is the first and last time I'm going to buy something from shop.ca. Don't get me wrong the deal was amazing but I don't like the thought of someone tampering with my package and possibly taking something from the inside without me knowing.

Plus the shipping box that it came in was horrible. I don't know if that is because of shop.ca or UPS but just a cardboard box covering the ps4 and no protection at all? Seems kind of odd for something that expensive.

Sorry but I don't know if I'm coming off as a whiny asshole right now but that just doesn't seem right to me.
1. We don't tamper with the boxes, we don't even touch them. These boxes came straight from our supplier's warehouse. In fact, it's the same supplier that Future Shop and Best Buy use. And since our supplier ships directly to customers, it means LESS people's hands get on the boxes than if you bought it from those other retailers.

2. Really unfortunate that it sounds like your box is tampered with. Did you get helped already by support?

3. I wish I had taken a picture of the PS4 I got from us as the allegation that the packaging had no protection is completely false based on my experience. It had the right amount of air cushion wrap in it so that the PS4 wasn't shifting at all in the box (edit: Its possible that the second bundle that went out with PS+ had different packaging than the one I got-- but still sounds like the packaging was fairly good). And of course its going to be a cardboard box-- you order stuff from amazon, all of that stuff comes in a cardboard box too. And according to the reports from other GAF users, they did a terrible job of adding cushioning to their boxes. And again, our supplier handles most of the PS4's in the country, they aren't amateurs.

You guys are hugely underestimating how fu**ed up shop.ca customer service is!!
I've mentioned this before-- but the amount of customers we've had has absolutely exploded in the last 3 months. We've doubled our support staff and at various times over the last couple of weeks have brought in people from other parts of the company to help out with support. We're better on top of things now but always looking to improve. It's part of the growing pains of a company in our position. This was our first full year and we'll be better prepared next year around this time.

QaaQer

1. We don't tamper with the boxes, we don't even touch them. These boxes came straight from our supplier's warehouse. In fact, it's the same supplier that Future Shop and Best Buy use. And since our supplier ships directly to customers, it means LESS people's hands get on the boxes than if you bought it from those other retailers.

2. Really unfortunate that it sounds like your box is tampered with. Did you get helped already by support?

3. I wish I had taken a picture of the PS4 I got from us as the allegation that the packaging had no protection is completely false based on my experience. It had the right amount of air cushion wrap in it so that the PS4 wasn't shifting at all in the box. And of course its going to be a cardboard box-- you order stuff from amazon, all of that stuff comes in a cardboard box too. And from the reports, they did a terrible job of adding cushioning to their boxes.

hey, thanks again for the heads up on the deal, quite happy with it so far as I just got my $40 for shadowfall from Futureshop. Still blows my mind that I got a ps4 + 1y1m7days of ps+ for what will turn out to be around $300.

As to the shipping, the ps4 boxes that sony packs the ps4s in are really solid, so I wouldn't sweat the lack of bubble wrap. edit: mine came in a box that was just big enough to put the ps4 box into like a glove.

UberTag

Or you could support Mm and tell Sony you want to see more from the franchise by purchasing it.

If there's ever been a game I'd want to see people buy rather than holding out on for PS+, it's Tearaway.
Anyone that owns a Vita and hasn't purchased Tearaway I consider a sub-human monster.
I hope that game never hits PS+. Would serve people right for playing the "I'll wait for PS+" game.

hey, thanks again for the heads up on the deal, quite happy with it so far as I just got my $40 for shadowfall from Futureshop. Still blows my mind that I got a ps4 + 1y1m7days of ps+ for what will turn out to be around $300.

As to the shipping, the ps4 boxes that sony packs the ps4s in are really solid, so I wouldn't sweat the lack of bubble wrap. edit: mine came in a box that was just big enough to put the ps4 box into like a glove.

Ah, maybe the boxes were different for the Killzone + PS plus bundle. I got the Killzone + Controller bundle, and that box was bigger than the PS4, but also had air cushion wrap.

Ps4 is back in stock at the source.ca

Also I'm selling a wii u if anybody is interested.

This is a local Toronto area sale.

I'm selling a deluxe 32 GB Wii U console for $450.

It comes with these games:
Nintendoland
New Super Mario U
New Super Luigi U
Zombi U
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
Lego City
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Super Mario 3D World
Sonic: Lost World

And a black motion plus remote and nunchuck. Also a composite cable.

I'm located in the Woodbridge to Aurora area.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Anyone that owns a Vita and hasn't purchased Tearaway I consider a sub-human monster.
I hope that game never hits PS+. Would serve people right for playing the "I'll wait for PS+" game.
Well, it's $20 on Amazon.com for the digital code for PSN.

Samyy

Does anyone know if you can buy digital PSN game codes off amazon.com?
Tearaway is 20 and Sly Cooper is 10 bucks >.<

Im just asking because I remember buying PSN codes in the states years ago and they wouldn't work on my Canadian PSN account.

IllumiNate

Nintendoland
New Super Mario U
New Super Luigi U
Zombi U
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
Lego City
Super Mario 3D World

Sold out before I could checkout, thanks though.

Munro77

Neo Member

Im just asking because I remember buying PSN codes in the states years ago and they wouldn't work on my Canadian PSN account.

Really want to know this too. It does say:
"Online Game Code: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address" but would be good to know if people tried. I have access to a US account, just want to know if PSN will accept the code

Don't hold me to this, but I think it should work -- I review games for an American site, so I'm sent codes by American publicists all the time, and I've never had one not work. I'd think that Amazon codes would work the same way.

djblue89

Really want to know this too. It does say:
"Online Game Code: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address" but would be good to know if people tried. I have access to a US account, just want to know if PSN will accept the code

Just put your billing address as somewhere in the US, if you put Illinois there will be no sales tax. I just got my code for Tearaway !

btkadams

Just put your billing address as somewhere in the US, if you put Illinois there will be no sales tax. I just got my code for Tearaway !

is there really no issues with this? you just use your canadian credit card but change the billing address? or do you mean change the shipping address?

djblue89

is there really no issues with this? you just use your canadian credit card but change the billing address? or do you mean change the shipping address?

I changed the billing address, since there is no shipping... I am downloading the game as I write this ! I did the same thing when they had the PS plus 12 month voucher for 30$ and it worked fine.

Nintendoland
New Super Mario U
New Super Luigi U
Zombi U
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
Lego City
Super Mario 3D World

I'll buy The Wonderful 101 and Sonic: Lost World. PM me if you want to. I live in Ontatio.

Nintendoland
New Super Mario U
New Super Luigi U
Zombi U
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
Lego City
Super Mario 3D World

You will get more value if you sold those games separately

isny

napkin dispenser
Like me! I will buy The Wonderful 101 and Sonic Lost World.

I live in Ontario, shipping shouldn't cost much.

Orrrr you could buy my copy of Sonic for the 3DS =p

Totally have no idea how I'm ever going to get rid of it. At least I played through it and got some enjoyment out of it, lol

iLLmAtlc

You guys see the post over at Gaming GAF? God of War Ascension is going to be $10 for PS+ members tomorrow. I don't think there's a discount for non-plus members.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/12/16/dyad-free-for-ps-plus-members-starting-tomorrow/

I'm not sure if I'm gonna buy it because I feel like it's due for a big markdown come boxing day and I'd rather own a physical copy. If the the other exclusives are any indication it's probably a massive download too.

Ondore

According to the web store, it's 34GB. Yeah, get to fridge cleaning.

Q: Is there a place that monitors the usual suspects for price changes? Hoping to snag Rayman (WiiU - and none of my local Walmarts are doing the $20 deal) and Deus Ex WiiU cheap on the 26th.

Jinto

Good ones will at least carry consoles and handhelds plus a fairly good collection of games and accessories, at least first party stuff, this might be good for picking up a pulse headset or a Vita!

Yeah, I checked their store briefly earlier today, and they didn't have too many games. The ones they did have I already owned, or didn't want.

I have a vita already. The pulse headset piqued my interest tho. I asked them about it and they were sold out of the elites. The guy actually told me to hold off on buying them because Sony is releasing a newer model soon. Since the $50 credit is only good for a few weeks after Christmas, I didn't bother.

delta25

Banned
I was able to snag a PS4 threw Toys R Us online last Friday, I'm concerned with how Toys r us online is in regards to online distribution and package handling, oh and its being shipped via Canada post so that really doesn't help my anxiety.

isny

napkin dispenser
oh and its being shipped via Canada post so that really doesn't help my anxiety.

Yup, this. They've already lost an order of two items from Amazon.ca for me...

Xjjx2GCl.jpg

jred2k

Does anyone know if the MegaMan sale is supposed to be available to Canadians on the eShop. I just got my Wii U last week and noticed the Donkey Kong sale was there, but I just checked and MM X was the normal price.

isny

napkin dispenser
Does anyone know if the MegaMan sale is supposed to be available to Canadians on the eShop. I just got my Wii U last week and noticed the Donkey Kong sale was there, but I just checked and MM X was the normal price.

I don't think it is, nothing's showing up for anyone in Canada. Feel free to call Nintendo though and see what's up! 1-800-255-3700

Top Bottom