• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

zroid

Banned
I can't just cancel the entire order like before (after say part of it has shipped)? Whaaaaaaaaaa? Have they removed that functionality from the site or what?

Yeah, it's weird, probably just poor site design. Not sure if it's been "removed", but it's definitely been like this for quite a while...

Anth0ny

Stupid question: If I pre-order the PC version of Dark Souls II from Future Shop, would they send me a Steam code or is it for a physical version of the PC game?

Zeeman

I'm trying to apply gift cards to the pre-order, and it says they were applied, but with a value of $0 and they still have full balance. Is that just because this is a pre-order, or is something messed up?

Quick

Banned
It's a huge lot of money, you better off unlock your phone and get a local SIM card. Forward your calls to a Fongo number and receive them while abroad using just data.

I'll only be there for a week, so getting a local SIM is probably out of the question. My phone is unlocked, though, so the option is definitely there.

I ask only because I might need my data/calling available for emergencies.

Napophis

Killzone
infamous
Ass creed
Watchdogs
kingdom hearts 3
The Division

in one order, now im thinking of cancelling and making it 2.

I thought Destiny was F2P? i saw Planetside on the site for $59.99 but that also a F2P game, unless they're going to charge money for the Ps4 version...

Kazerei

Banned
I'm traveling to Asia, and I was wondering what Rogers charges for data roaming there?

What part of Asia? If you're going to Hong Kong, I would recommend just buying a prepaid SIM card with data. Their rates are waaay better than what we have in Canada. Probably the same thing in other developed Asian countries.

Quick

Banned
What part of Asia? If you're going to Hong Kong, I would recommend just buying a prepaid SIM card with data. Their rates are waaay better than what we have in Canada. Probably the same thing in other developed Asian countries.

Philippines. 8 days without randomly checking my phone seems killer. :lol

But no, Wi-Fi is apparently everywhere there, so I think I'll be okay.

KarmaCow

Stupid question: If I pre-order the PC version of Dark Souls II from Future Shop, would they send me a Steam code or is it for a physical version of the PC game?

I ordered Borderlands 2 last year using the E3 deal and they sent me the box with the disc (and steam code) in it.

krae_man

Philippines. 8 days without randomly checking my phone seems killer. :lol

But no, Wi-Fi is apparently everywhere there, so I think I'll be okay.

You can check on their website.

LOL $15/mb

Edit: Ooh, or you can buy 15mb for $40, 40mb for $100 or 100mb for $225. What a steal! You'd be stupid not to get the 100mb pack.

krae_man

See, I checked that and it's listing it as their rate for the US.

There's an international tab with a drop down box to pick the country you are going to. It also gives you the option to check the coverage map of the provider they partnered with to rip you off.

chrono01

Does Futureshop pre-authorize these orders? Does anyone know?

I have a bunch of pre-orders I want to make [in separate, 3 games per orders] but I don't want to freak out my credit card company with 4-5 authorization charges. They have a tendency to freeze/lock up your card when they see that. ~_~

MercuryLS

Banned
Do US gamers get something like this? Cause I really love FS for this, I just pre-ordered Puppeteer for $27. Deal of the fucking century.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Where do you even see it? A search leads to the XB1 version.

Yeah the search goes straight to the Xbone version, but if you click the promo on the main page and then "PC Games", it shows up at the very bottom. Promo still not applied to it, though.

zroid

Banned
Dammit, I'm pissed. No Killer is Dead page. the game comes out in August.

Pre-ordering XSeed games at FS and BB is a crapshoot. Their games are always listed at the last minute.

Rune Factory 4 is coming out in 1 month and it's not there yet.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'm trying to apply gift cards to the pre-order, and it says they were applied, but with a value of $0 and they still have full balance. Is that just because this is a pre-order, or is something messed up?

Gift cards don't show the value but rather how much has been charged to it. Once your products are ready to be shipped you'll see the gift card has been charged.

Dazzler

I assume you're kidding? From what I've heard, it's roughly a 50% markup (maybe less). Retailers pay $30-$35 for games with a $60 MSRP.

Absolutely not kidding. Have worked at FS and used my staff discount to buy lots of games. Discount only ever really covered the tax

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Just keep everything on your list in your basket tonight, and add MGS V to it tomorrow, and refresh the page if FFXV is not part of the deal tomorrow.

chrono01

Well I pre-ordered:

Order #1:

Super Mario 3D World [Wii U]
Sonic Lost World [Wii U]
Legend of Zelda Wind Waker [Wii U]

Order #2:

Pikmin 3 [Wii U]
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze [Wii U]
Wonderful 101 [Wii U]

Order #3:

Mario Kart 8 [Wii U]
Bayonetta 2 [Wii U]
Super Smash Bros. [Wii U]

I'll likely pre-order a few PS3/3DS titles tomorrow.

B-Dex

Absolutely not kidding. Have worked at FS and used my staff discount to buy lots of games. Discount only ever really covered the tax

Yup. Mark up on games is horribly low unless it's a "mid-tier"/lesser known title then maybe the store can buy it for 30-35 when msrp is 59.

Amazon.ca is back taking preorders for PS4, should I put one?
Any experience with hardware releases with Amazon.ca?

Just tried to preorder MGS Legacy and it's OOS :(

Osteoperogies

Neo Member
So correct me if I'm wrong, but would this work?

I just want GTA5 and The Last of Us, but I also want the 1/3 off of both of them, so I would need a third game. Can I add something like The Last Guardian and then after recieving both GTA5 and The Last of Us for their discount, cancel my pre-order on The Last Guardian, recieve my money back and still have gotten GTA 5 and TLOU for 40 each?

EDIT: I see that the last guardian isnt available on the futureshop website .. how else could I do something like this?

I just want GTA5 and The Last of Us, but I also want the 1/3 off of both of them, so I would need a third game. Can I add something like The Last Guardian and then after recieving both GTA5 and The Last of Us for their discount, cancel my pre-order on The Last Guardian, recieve my money back and still have gotten GTA 5 and TLOU for 40 each?

EDIT: I see that the last guardian isnt available on the futureshop website .. how else could I do something like this?

I think you can even return the game in store after you receive it! It shouldn't affect the rest of your order, correct me if I'm wrong please!

It's crazy the amount of PS3/360s that went up for sale on Kijiji.

I bought my 360 on boxing day 05 and FS bundled 3 games with it. You think retailers would do something similar this year?

Seik

Banned
So i just caved for that Future Shop deal...like...holy shit...my wallet. D':

H0nLz6u.png

Nintendo won E3 software-wise to me.

Well, I had FFXV on the list as well but I think it won't be out until the next E3 FS deal so I'll play the waiting game for this one. Same goes for KHIII.

My wallet will cry even more because I'm not pre-ordering my PS4 online (shhhhh, it doesn't know yet.)

EDIT: Added Tales of Xillia for PS3...almost forgot it, damn. I think that's my biggest game order ever, that deal is insane. D:

Maybe KH3? That's probably not coming out for a while.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Futureshop- PS4 Sold out
BestBuy- PS4 Sold out
Amazon- PS4 now available

I'm relieved, this means FS/BB was actually aware of potential stock.

Fou-Lu

So wait... doesn't futureshop not ship until all of the preordered items are released? So doesn't that make this deal a little silly?

MercuryLS

Banned
So wait... doesn't futureshop not ship until all of the preordered items are released? So doesn't that make this deal a little silly?

The ship the games as they become available, they charge you per game as the games release. You can return the games if you don't want them.

There's basically zero risk to pre-ordering, which is why I went nuts with my pre-orders...like $400 worth of games.

Top Bottom