• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

LCfiner

Just pre-ordered infamous, killzone and watch dogs for 40 each. good deal

thinking of doing three more. not sure yet...

edit: fuck it, just added wind waker HD, the division and witcher 3

Who here uses Teksavvy? Oh my shit, I just switched to them from videotron because the videotron Internet bill was so damn high.
I had so many problems with teksavvy's horrendous customer service and tech support. So unreliable (the customer service not the actual Internet now that it finally got working).
What's pissing me off the most is that I have the 20mbps plan and I get the speed all day, but at night around 8-9pm on, my speed drops to under 3mbps.
What's up with that! Do they actually slow your speed when more people would be using the Internet? If so, that's horrible.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Are we gonna get TitanFall PC from FS at some point? They only have the Xbone version listed... :(

torontoml

Preorder list:

PS4 at both Futureshop and Amazon.ca, didn't get in on either when they first came available so whichever one gets me closest to the release day.

Killzone Shadowfall
Infamous:Second Son
Drive Club (once the discount gets applied)
Watch_Dogs
Assassin's Creed Black Flag
Battlefield 4

The Division
Mirror's Edge
The Order 1886

Ondore

So here's my final preorder total from FutureShop:

X-Zone/SMT IV/FFX
Mario and Luigi/Wonderful 101/Pokemon Y
DKC:TF/Zelda 3DS/Mario 3D World
Bravely Default/Yoshi's Island/Mario Kart 8
Professor Layton 6/FE x SMT/X
Smash Bros 3DS/WiiU/Yarn Yoshi

Tempted to go in for Zelda but there aren't enough 3DS games to do it. Might convince my roommate to do Arkham Origins/Saint's Row IV...

Smiley90

im not too worried about the big name games. Tsilon.ca will most likely have their own deals when the time comes.

Wow, as I say this, Titanfall is now online for PC. Yay! Can finally put in my full order then.

3DS:

SMTIV
Pokemon X
Link Between Worlds

PC:

WatchDogs
TitanFall
Total War Rome 2

EDIT: Nvm. pricing for TitanFall not fixed yet...

So here's my final preorder total from FutureShop:

X-Zone/SMT IV/FFX
Mario and Luigi/Wonderful 101/Pokemon Y
DKC:TF/Zelda 3DS/Mario 3D World
Bravely Default/Yoshi's Island/Mario Kart 8
Professor Layton 6/FE x SMT/X
Smash Bros 3DS/WiiU/Yarn Yoshi

Tempted to go in for Zelda but there aren't enough 3DS games to do it. Might convince my roommate to do Arkham Origins/Saint's Row IV...

Couldn't you just bump one of your three game orders up to four?

Need some help here for a FS order...

I've recently joined the PC master race and think I prefer getting my games on that platform if possible. I'm not ready to jump on next gen yet, but I think I'll pick up a Wii U when they drop sub $200 (missed out on Costco, and there weren't any games).

Ordered a number of 1st party Wii U titles from FS, but:

Does anyone think Bayonetta 2 will remain exclusive to Wii U indefinitely?

Not sure if I should pick it up or wait. I think I'm going to transition Assassin's Creed over to PC now that they've dropped their insane DRM. And I can wait for GTA V to come to PC as well. Love those Green Man Gaming sales!

Which publishers are known for low production numbers? I always wait so damned long to get around to playing the games I buy that I could have saved money by waiting. Of course there are those that buck the trend--Xenoblade Chronicles and Last Story for instance.

Any games here that will obviously hold their value / increase in price? 1st party Nintendo games seem to stay the same price FOREVER so I'm stocking up on them.

From the viewpoint of a gamer who has become more of a "collector" due to an insurmountable backlog and a lack of time--if I still want to own these games without breaking the bank--which Wii U or PS360 titles stand out as bargains at $39.99?

Thanks!

tldr; which Wii U or PS360 titles stand out as bargains at $39.99 and will likely hold their value for a while?

Guesong

I'm sorry, I know someone asked the question earlier, and I'm digging to find the answer but it seems to elude me, but why is it important to have orders of 3 items maximum?

^^ and Nintendo is publishing the game, so no, it won't happen.

Does anyone think Bayonetta 2 will remain exclusive to Wii U indefinitely?
Yes. Nintendo's footing the bill for it.

Which publishers are known for low production numbers? I always wait so damned long to get around to playing the games I buy that I could have saved money by waiting. Of course there are those that buck the trend--Xenoblade Chronicles and Last Story for instance.
Xenoblade won't happen again. Digital availability means that collectors are the only reason the price would ever get jacked through the roof, and also mean that if prices ever DO get jacked through the roof, there's always the digital edition.

Any games here that will obviously hold their value / increase in price? 1st party Nintendo games seem to stay the same price FOREVER so I'm stocking up on them.
This is the same sort of logic that is informing my orders. Basically everything else I can wait for.

torontoml

I'm sorry, I know someone asked the question earlier, and I'm digging to find the answer but it seems to elude me, but why is it important to have orders of 3 items maximum?

^^ and Nintendo is publishing the game, so no, it won't happen.
I believe it's because you can't cancel games separately so if you order your games in 3 or 4 games at a time based around release dates you can cancel future games if you decide you don't want it any more without losing the entire order.

Also I don't think it's possible to cancel once the first game ships.

OK, what was the lead platform for Destiny? Anyone know? And is Rain really going to be a $60 title?

edit: ahh, Destiny's on everything. I'll wait until I own a PS4 for that one...

Dazzler

Just added Destiny, Wind Waker HD and Star Wars: Battlefront to my FS pre-order list

This deal is irresistible. Boo to FFXV not being available as part of it though

J-Man

Got The Last of Us shipping confirmation from Futureshop (at 11PM E). Hopefully it will make it for Friday!

FFXV, Drive Club, Daylight and Deep Down have all been added to the PS4 pre-order page but Future Shop haven't added the promo to them. I hope that MGSV for PS4 is also added tomorrow, so I can make my final order.

First time I've taken part, I'm usually so against pre-orders, but $20/title is too much to pass up! Two orders placed so far:

Order #1 - The Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, and Star Wars 1313
Order #2 - Watch_Dogs (PS4), Tales of Xillia, and The Last Guardian

Will be getting MGS4, FFXV and one (or all) of ACIV, Knack, InFamous SS, and The Order 1818.

Gadirok

Ugh. So I preordered a PS4 again. Really wishy washy on the situation but the Shadow fall gameplay and level design convinced me that it will keep me company until the launch of Second Son.

I can't wait. :)

Kazerei

Banned
Didn't Microsoft foot the bill for Alan Wake, yet that eventually came to PC?

Yeah, but it's normal for Microsoft to publish games on Windows PC; they do it all the time, it's one of their platforms. I wouldn't expect Alan Wake to appear on a non-Microsoft platform, just like I wouldn't expect Bayonetta 2 to appear on a non-Nintendo platform.

djblue89

My FS Pre-Order List (Pretty Much Final)

PS4 Console
PS4 Games:
Watch Dogs
NBA 2k14
COD: Ghosts
Battlefield 4
Destiny
UFC
Need for Speed Rivals
Mirror's Edge 2
The Division

And also for that ''old'' 360 of mine
NHL 14
WWE 2k14
Saint's Row 4
GTA V (From last years promo still to come)

Wow looking at it in writing all together is pretty scary.

Tagg9

Wow, here's the total tally. With a PS4 console, it comes to $1961 with tax. God help me.

3DS:
- LoZ: Link Between Worlds
- Mario and Luigi Dream Team
- Pokemon X
- Pokemon Y
- Professor Layton
- Yoshi's New Island

PS3:
- Beyond
- Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5
- Last Guardian (lol)
- Puppeteer
- Final Fantasy X HD
- Splinter Cell Blacklist

PS4:
- Assassin's Creed IV
- Batman Arkham Origins
- Battlefield 4
- Deep Down
- Destiny
- Dragon Age Inquisition
- Final Fantasy XV
- inFamous Second Son
- Killzone Shadow Fall
- Kingdom Hearts 3
- Knack
- Mirror's Edge 2
- Star Wars Battlefront
- The Dark Sorcerrer (lol?)
- The Division
- The Order 1886
- Thief
- Watch_Dogs

PS Vita:
- Batman Arkham Origins
- Killzone Mercenary
- Tearaway

Wii U:
- Donkey Kong Country
- Mario Kart 8
- Super Luigi U
- Super Mario 3D World
- The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
- Yoshi's Land

Jaruru

Just placed a few orders from fs

FYI, games don't have to be the same price in the same order to enjoy the discount. I tried $39.99/$49.99/$59.99 in the same order, and basically they just take 1/3 off the price of each game!!!

Smiley90

Just placed a few orders from fs

FYI, games don't have to be the same price in the same order to enjoy the discount. I tried $39.99/$49.99/$59.99 in the same order, and basically they just take 1/3 off the price of each game!!!

... yeah... that's how the deal works... see thread title, too. :lol

jet1911

Watch Dogs
inFamous Second Son
Killzone Shadow Fall
Destiny
The Order 1886
Super Luigi U
Legend Of Zelda Link Between Worlds
Grand Theft Auto V
Pokemon X (Nintendo 3DS)

Good thing they don't all come out at the same time :eek:

Saberus

I see Best buy had that ps4 1st day thing the other day, I see its sold out now. But at the same time I reserved it from Future shop, they never had the 1st day thing, I wonder if we still will get the ps4 on release day?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So with this current deal, I'll still be able to cancel say, after I get the 2nd game in case I don't want the 3rd one which releases last? Presumably they'll still charge for each when each is shipped, right?

zroid

Banned
Wow, here's the total tally. With a PS4 console, it comes to $1961 with tax. God help me.

Not even God can help you now.

But look at it this way. You just saved $1000! (edit: I guess more like $750, due to PS4 console. Still!)

So with this current deal, I'll still be able to cancel say, after I get the 2nd game in case I don't want the 3rd one which releases last? Presumably they'll still charge for each when each is shipped, right?

Yeah you can cancel it, but not on the order page. Once any item has shipped, you have to contact them to cancel it manually.

Gadirok

Holy shit. Some of you guys are going way overboard with games. Will you even have time to play through so many games?

I fear the day when I eventually pick up a WiiU, as technically I'll be preoccupied with 3 consoles since my PS3 backlog continues to grow.

frequency

My final list is

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PlayStation 3)
Mario & Luigi Dream Team (Nintendo 3DS)
Bravely Default Flying Fairy (Nintendo 3DS)
Dark Souls 2 (PlayStation 3)

Tearaway (PlayStation Vita)
Yoshi's Island (Nintendo 3DS)
Muramasa Rebirth (PlayStation Vita)

Dynasty Warrior 8 (PlayStation 3)
Shin Megami Tensei IV (Nintendo 3DS)
Dragon's Crown (PlayStation 3)

Diablo 3 (PlayStation 3)
Saints Row IV (PlayStation 3)
Tales of Xillia (PlayStation 3)

Super Mario 3d World (Nintendo Wii U)
Legend Of Zelda Link Between Worlds (Nintendo 3DS)
Pikmin 3 (Nintendo Wii U)

Pokemon Y (Nintendo 3DS)
Professor Layton & The Azran Legacy (Nintendo 3DS)
The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker HD (Nintendo Wii U)

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Nintendo Wii U)
Wii U X (Nintendo Wii U)
Super Smash Bros (Nintendo Wii U)

I tried to not order things that are forever away. Except the very last order because I'm not actually sure I want Super Smash Bros. There were more games I wanted but I really had to cut back and this is the absolute smallest I can get it. I know I will buy all of these games day 1 anyway.

Except Saints Row and Diablo. Those I am buying purely because a friend wants me to. I personally don't care about those games at all.

I also chose to stay out of PS4 stuff for now. We don't know when FF15 and MGS5 are even releasing and I would totally pay more for CE of both of those so...
And I'm pretty sure I'm not interested in a PS4 at launch so I think I'm safe for now.

I really really really want Sonic Lost World too but I can't justify adding 2 other games for it. I know I can cancel an order and add it to one but I've already canceled and moved stuff around too much and I don't want to do it anymore. My Future Shop order history has like 20 canceled orders now and it looks gross.

What a great E3 for Nintendo.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah you can cancel it, but not on the order page. Once any item has shipped, you have to contact them to cancel it manually.
I can't just cancel the entire order like before (after say part of it has shipped)? Whaaaaaaaaaa? Have they removed that functionality from the site or what?

big_z

this is my pre-order list:

xbone
battlefield 4
destiny
metal gear solid V
dead rising 3
watch dogs
crimson dragon

ps4
battlefield 4
destiny
metal gear solid V
watch dogs

xbox 360
grand theft auto V

I might add some of these in a secondary list:
titanfall, forza 5, final fantasy 15, asscreed 4, Dying Light, ryse

im not sure which console i'll go with yet(i have both pre-ordered) so any ideas on how to order GTAV to get the $20 off futureshop deal? i was thinking of adding dark souls 2 and south park but both are coming to pc so im not sure what to do.

screw you guys you're going to make me preorder a crap load of games to right now lol but the thing is I am getting both xbox one & PS4 which i paid off for in store but these replies are just convincing me to buy some games...just dont know for which version

Duke Togo

Preordered:

Dragon's Crown
Grand Theft Auto
Destiny
Killzone Shadowfall
Watch Dogs

This is a great deal, considering you don't pay until they ship.

Top Bottom