• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

South park
Ps4 console
Ac4
Bf4
Division
Destiny
Ufc
Battlefront
2x sw1313
Dark sorcerer
Order 1866
Link 2 world
Pokemon x
Smash broses 3ds

Thats a lot of games

Sora_N

Just curious, but why is it a good thing to be putting these orders into sets? just for billing purposes?

Been asked several times, in the end it doesn't matter UNLESS you might cancel some games. (Alternatively you can return the ones you don't want when you receive them)

I just grouped mine into 3's that I was sure I wanted and ones that I might not want (Arkham Origins is one for me). I've already cancelled some sets.

Kud Dukan

Debating about whether I want to add the PS4 version of Battlefield 3 to my list here. I'm very intrigued by the idea of them having the full 64 player experience on the system, but my PC should be able to play it somewhat well.

Decisions...

Zeeman

As of now, I'm thinking I might order:

Zelda 3DS
Mario and Luigi
Wonderful 101
3D World
Wind Waker HD

Trying to keep it to things releasing this year. I'm also tempted by Donkey Kong, but I just got DKCR3D, so I don't think I'm in a rush to get it. I feel like I'm missing something obvious that's releasing on 3DS (Not particularly interested in Pokemon, honestly)

ohlawd

As of now, I'm thinking I might order:

Zelda 3DS
Mario and Luigi
Wonderful 101
3D World
Wind Waker HD

Trying to keep it to things releasing this year. I'm also tempted by Donkey Kong, but I just got DKCR3D, so I don't think I'm in a rush to get it. I feel like I'm missing something obvious that's releasing on 3DS (Not particularly interested in Pokemon, honestly)

You bet your fucking ass you are.

Shin Megami Tensei IV.

Bravely Default in 2014.

Can we change the address for any preorders, be it console or games at a later date or close to the release?

I plan to move sometime in the fall.

FluxWaveZ

So I don't know if I'm LTTP or what, but Amazon.ca has PS4 pre-orders available again. They didn't send me a notification or anything even though I signed up for them.

So I don't know if I'm LTTP or what, but Amazon.ca has PS4 pre-orders available again. They didn't send me a notification or anything even though I signed up for them.

Yeah, the lack of notification is annoying as fuck. You have to look out for yourself.

My preorder list:

1. Playstation 4
  2. Playstation 4 (for my family)
  3. Dualshock 4
  4. Battlefield 4
  5. Knack
  6. Kilzone: Shadow Fall
  7. FIFA 14
  8. Call of Duty: Ghosts
  9. inFamous: Second Son
  10. Batman: Arkham Origins
  11. Watch_Dogs
  12. South Park: The Stick of Truth
  13. Thief
  14. Mad Max
  15. The Order 1886
  16. Star Wars: Battlefront
  17. Mirror's Edge 2
  18. Tom Clancy: The Division
  19. Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt
  20. Rocksmith 2014
  21. Destiny
  22. Driveclub
  23. Metal Gear Solid V

TOTAL: $1870. Bring on next-gen! I'm good for the next two to three years!

I've yet to buy first-party PS3 and Vita games. Ugh!

Gadirok

I cancelled my PS4 preorder from bestbuy. I just lost hype for the console. The only next-gen title I'm really hyped for is Infamous:Second Son and I realize I can just wait until a year when the console hits $299 (there will be a deal eventually).

As for games I was thinking about preordering a few for this promo at FS but besides KH 1.5 HD remix and KZ:Mercenary I couldn't think of a third game. I was going to put in Second Son until I realized I no longer want a PS4.

I would have subbed in MGS Legacy Collection, but my credit at EB games has it covered from the games I traded in. I don't feel like I really want to switch the preorder off to EB games just to spend $37 if I can cover it with the credit at EB completely. Saving $16 wasn''t worth it.

There is Pokemon for my 3DS, but my brother says he doesn't want it anymore and has switched entirely to PC gaming.

I just decided to preorder nothing. I was only putting in KH 1.5 HD remix as filler as something I was vaguely interested in but lost interest over. I never played a KH game which is why I wanted in but I don't feel too hyped over it now.

The only thing I am willing to preorder for is KZ:Merc. Rayman Legends as well but I'd rather wait on that.

I am not sure if I want to preorder that either. If its launch day ~$30 is reasonable, but I might just wait it out and buy it digitally instead.

Wow, I sound so depressing right now.

Daigr

I cant believe I didn't take advantage of this fs deal last year; my haul so far.

Watchdogs -ps4
Dragon's Crown -vita
Bravely Default
Wonderful 101
Grand theft auto V-ps3
Battlefield 4-ps4
Destiny -ps4
Southpark -ps3
The last of us
and a ps4 console.

Need to add FFXV and MGSV; it would be nice if muramasa on vita wasn't sold out.

Diagol

Final Fantasy XV just showed up on the PS4 page, but when you try and click on it, there's an error (same with the Xbox One version).

Sora_N

Can we change the address for any preorders, be it console or games at a later date or close to the release?

I plan to move sometime in the fall.

Yes you can change it. If you get some games shipped you might have issues doing it yourself, FS can probably help you change it when you call them.

If you plan on getting a PS4 by Fall 2014 you should pre-order it anyways.

I doubt it is going to drop to $39 or below by then.

If the demand for the PS4 is any indication, I do not think we will be seeing a price cut until 2015.

I don't see a reason they would do it, unless Xbox One drops the price.

Yes you can change it. If you get some games shipped you might have issues doing it yourself, FS can probably help you change it when you call them.

Yeah, I thought so. Thanks for clearing it up.

Not sure if posted but Microsoft Points once converted to the currency expire within a year.

So for those of you, like me, who have thousands of points sitting idle, will have to spend them sooner than later.

The thread here -

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=582006

How does this change affect me?

You will begin using local currency or an Xbox Gift Card (denominated in your local currency) to buy music, games, videos, and more from your favorite Xbox stores. When you use your existing Microsoft Points to initiate a purchase or redeem a Points card with your Microsoft account later this year, we’ll deposit into your account an amount of money equal to or greater than the marketplace value of your Microsoft Points, and your Microsoft Points will be retired. The purchased funds you deposit into your account after the transition will not expire. However, the funds we deposit into your account at the time of the transition will expire one year from the deposit date.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/microsoft-points-retire-faq

I'm at

Destiny
Infamous
Battlefield 4
MGSV
FFXV

...just need one more, might go for the witcher 3. Also not sure what's taking so long on the MGSV front.

zroid

Banned
(probably) final FS pre-order list:

1) Shin Megami Tensei 4 ($33.32) + Tales of Xillia ($39.99) + Mario & Luigi: Dream Team ($26.66)
2) Puppeteer ($26.66) + Pokémon X ($26.66) + Bravely Default Flying Fairy ($26.66)
3) Dragon's Crown Vita ($26.66) + Tearaway ($26.66) + Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII ($39.99)
4) New Super Luigi U ($19.99) + Super Mario 3D World ($39.99) + Mario Kart 8 ($39.99) + Super Smash Bros. Wii U ($39.99)
5) The Wonderful 101 ($39.99) + Bayonetta 2 ($39.99) + Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem ($39.99) + X Wii U($39.99)
6) Wind Waker HD ($39.99) + Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze ($39.99) + Legend of Zelda Wii U ($39.99) + Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds ($26.66)

I might cancel #3 outright just due to lack of funds. Everything else is pretty much a lock. Still lacking funds, but whatcha gonna do... Might end up returning a handful of the other games if they don't turn out that well. But I'm pretty confident in all of them.

Also, I hope when the price of Wind Waker HD is announced to not be $60 (that would be crazy), FS will adjust the price accordingly to 33% off whatever it ends up being. I'm banking on that.

Diagol

Do you guys think it's even worth pre-ordering FFXV and KH3 and stuff considering they won't for sure be ready before next E3?

I've pre-ordered like....20 games. You only pay when they ship, but at least you're locking the pre-order in at a lower price. If any game turns out to be shitty, leave it in its packaging and return it to a store for a full refund of how much you pre-ordered it for.

Do you guys think it's even worth pre-ordering FFXV and KH3 and stuff considering they won't for sure be ready before next E3?

Whose to say Futureshop will do the same deal? Might as well just do it now, claim the good price, and if something else comes up in the future worry about it then.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Whose to say Futureshop will do the same deal? Might as well just do it now, claim the good price, and if something else comes up in the future worry about it then.

Precisely. Last year they had $15 off per game if I remember correctly. Plus you can always return the game or sell it to someone if you change your mind by release day.

zroid

Banned
lol, I'm really annoyed. After the Sony conference, I decided I'd get a PS4 at or near launch (with the help of Optimum points). But I ended up pre-ordering so many damn games that I really can't afford it. :|

I guess I'll have to wait till summer or so. Ah well.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
lol, I'm really annoyed. After the Sony conference, I ended up deciding I'd get a PS4 at or near launch (with the help of Optimum points). But I ended up pre-ordering so many damn games that I really can't afford it. :|

I guess I'll have to wait till summer or so. Ah well.

Never rush out to buy a console at launch. Wait for more games and for the bugs/errors to get ironed out. The games promo is a much better idea + you can always trade them in once you're done and put that towards the PS4 down the road.

Diagol

Anyone else notice they are using the logo from Final Fantasy XIV for Final Fantasy XV on Future Shop right now? That made me laugh!

They're obviously adding/fixing things. Deep Down's price just went from $0 to $59.99.

Pages should be going up soon to pre-order. :)

EDIT: I just refreshed again and now all 4 games are gone.

zroid

Banned
Never rush out to buy a console at launch. Wait for more games and for the bugs/errors to get ironed out. The games promo is a much better idea + you can always trade them in once you're done and put that towards the PS4 down the road.

Yeah, you're right. Wii U was kind of worth it for me because I had a lot of fun with my friends and family during the holidays with NSMBU and Nintendo Land (even so, I regret it a bit). I seriously doubt that's going to happen with PS4, so it makes more sense to wait.

FFXV giving me an error. I might as well forget FFXV for now because there is no way this will be out within the next 18months. and lol @ all the free2play, digital games listed

so far:

Tales of Xillia
FinalFantasy XIV (pc)
DarkSouls2

Playstation4

Killzone: Shadowfall
Battlefield 4
Watch Dogs

Destiny
The Division
Infamous: SS

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
FUCK! My credit card expires on November of this year. Another one's coming in the mail, but won't arrive until next week. Therefore, FS won't let me place my order unless I buy a gift card from them. Is this my only choice?

Ondore

FUCK! My credit card expires on November of this year. Another one's coming in the mail, but won't arrive until next week. Therefore, FS won't let me place my order unless I buy a gift card from them. Is this my only choice?

Move the date up 3 years and you can change it later.

lol, I'm really annoyed. After the Sony conference, I decided I'd get a PS4 at or near launch (with the help of Optimum points). But I ended up pre-ordering so many damn games that I really can't afford it. :|
Is it confirmed that Shoppers will sell the PS4?

explodet

I just preordered from FS. I live in Toronto. What are FS wait times usually like?
I got my WiiU delivered on launch day from Future Shop, and I'm in Toronto. It was there when I got home from work.
I could have sat outside in the cold for the midnight launch, but I'm too old for that now.

i usually get them on release day. I think i live 2hours within the shipping warehouse so that might be a factor.
Yup! Gotta love that Mississauga warehouse location.

Top Bottom