• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

snack

Would it be wise to pre-order games that are likely going to come out after next years e3 like smash brothers?

Yes, because a) at this price point, you're never going to find a better deal than $39.99 per game and b) you can always return them in store for what you paid for them.

Palehorse

FS, please ship TLOU already

I find that the ship notice lags behind the actual shipment sometimes, so it could have been sent already.

I think the last game they shipped the ship notice popped up the morning of day 1 but it had been sent early the day before...

I always get mine on launch day, but I'm pretty close to their warehouse, YMMV

RS4-

Yeah I always get stuff day 1. Just the whole Friday is a release day might pose problems. And having CP not work weekends doesn't help.

Yeah I always get stuff day 1. Just the whole Friday is a release day might pose problems. And having CP not work weekends doesn't help.

Just buy it in store and then return your online copy when you receive it using your in store receipt.

trixx

Yes, because a) at this price point, you're never going to find a better deal than $39.99 per game and b) you can always return them in store for what you paid for them.
Alright thanks, pre ordered smash, pikmin, Mario kart, wind waker hd, Pokemon x and wonderful 101. I don't even have a 3ds but I'll probably get one for cheap during holidays.

Also waiting for white 3ds xl

MDSLKTR

Cool thanks guys.
You have to put down $50 in store? That seems like a good option...I'd rather pick up a new console in person than have it sitting on my doorstep all day.

Same, I don't want to be like that while waiting for the delivery
coffee-sylvester-cat.gif

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you madam/sir. Now to periodically hit F5 until it becomes available I guess. I need to find 2 more games to order with it too...

Finding games to order is not a problem for me; the problem is finding which ones to NOT order if I want to still have some money to pay for food/rent! :)

krae_man

Considering how long it took them to put stuff up every day this week. I think this is all we are going to get. If they do end up putting anything else up, they won't get around to tagging it as qualifying for the promotion until after the promotion is over.

btkadams

can someone else tweet to fs_gamer and futureshop about muramasa rebirth psvita? it has been up on the preorder page for the entirety of e3, with the zero stock error. i have tweeted to them 3 times about it and have been ignored. i've been asking if it's an actual error or not and if it can be fixed.

frequency

I think Muramasa is really sold out. It was available in the beginning and always had a stock quantity listed. I even have an order with it.

Considering how long it took them to put stuff up every day this week. I think this is all we are going to get. If they do end up putting anything else up, they won't get around to tagging it as qualifying for the promotion until after the promotion is over.

we should tweet that FSgamer account and ask them to extend the sale an extra day. if i remember correctly they extended it last year.

btkadams

I think Muramasa is really sold out. It was available in the beginning and always had a stock quantity listed. I even have an order with it.

oh really? damn.. i've been checking it throughout the day every since monday morning. it must have gone really fast.

btkadams

If one does this, that would make the discount useless, correct?

no. you would be returning your online copy using the store copy's receipt.

ex: you buy the last of us for $40 online. you buy the last of us from the store for $60. you play the store copy and keep it. you then take the last of us that comes in the mail and return it to the store, as if it were the store copy. you then get back your $60 and have the last of us for a total of only $40 spent.

Magnus

Online copy paid 40$. Buy in-store copy 60$ and return online copy instead with the 60$ receipt. Total: 40$!

This awesome little trick is the only reason I'm even considering this.

And I swore I wouldn't....but I am. The notion of saving so much dough is just too good to pass up.

FluxWaveZ

Online copy paid 40$. Buy in-store copy 60$ and return online copy instead with the 60$ receipt. Total: 40$!

no. you would be returning your online copy using the store copy's receipt.

ex: you buy the last of us for $40 online. you buy the last of us from the store for $60. you play the store copy and keep it. you then take the last of us that comes in the mail and return it to the store, as if it were the store copy. you then get back your $60 and have the last of us for a total of only $40 spent.

Ah, got it! Was confused by the wording, but it indeed sounds like a nice trick. Thanks.

khaaan

How can FS afford to do this every year? I haven't paid $60 for a game in like 2 years.

It is a pretty impressive deal but I guess they get their money from the quantity. Most people here seem to have put in orders that would total into the hundreds and that's all money that's going to Futureshop.

iphys

I don't think the deal will be quite as sweet next year. I think it was only good this year to entice people into ordering a bunch of games to get everyone on board for the new systems. They're probably making no profit off this in anticipation of getting everyone invested in the new systems so they can then make profits in subsequent years. I fear next year it might just be the buy 3 get 1 free again, but on the bright side, I have enough games pre-ordered to last me a few years, lol.

RS4-

But I'm anti social and I don't want to leave my house!

Yeah I'll see how it goes tomorrow with the shipment lol.

btkadams

i sent futureshop an email to confirm that muramasa rebirth is sold out of preorders now, and they said yes. damn! they must have not realized the demand if it sold out that quickly.

however, looking at my list of preorders over the next year...i'm just going to use my best buy reward zone certificates on muramasa. they expire in september and there's nothing else coming out in the next few months that i haven't already preordered at a discounted price.

snack

Is the futureshop e3 preorder 3 games deal only online delivery? or can I opt for in store pick up on launch day?

Only online delivery.

But if you want, you could go get a game on launch day in store, then return the one you bought online.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, it's taking them really long to add MGS5. Anybody remember at what time the new games became available on the previous days?

amrod

Future Shop Gamer ?@FS_Gamer 56s
Hey fans, thanks for the questions about MGSV! More will be in-stock for pre-order online shortly. Stay tuned!

Mikey Jr.

A question about the 3 games deal.

So lets say I do this.

I add Killzone, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Mirrors Edge.

So I get them for $40 each, right? But lets say they ship Killzone on launch day, can I then cancel KH3 and Mirrors Edge and have gotten KZ for $40?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

So lets say I do this.

So I get them for $40 each, right? But lets say they ship Killzone on launch day, can I then cancel KH3 and Mirrors Edge and have gotten KZ for $40?

Yep. You can't cancel directly from the website once 1 item in the order is shipped, but if you write to customer support with your order number, they'll do it.

So lets say I do this.

A lot of my orders are base on that. They will not contact you back telling you that you owe them 20 bucks, don't worry! ;)

Futureshop had an offer of a $50 credit on Sony headsets when you preorder Last of Us. Last of Us has now shipped for me, but I have no idea where my credit's supposed to be appearing from, and I was interested in picking up the pulse headset. How do these things normally work? And would using a tsilon code have prevented me from getting the credit?

krae_man

Futureshop had an offer of a $50 credit on Sony headsets when you preorder Last of Us. Last of Us has now shipped for me, but I have no idea where my credit's supposed to be appearing from, and I was interested in picking up the pulse headset. How do these things normally work? And would using a tsilon code have prevented me from getting the credit?

Probably. I think everyone who did qualify will receive a promotional code to use for the discount. I'm sure you can get a spare code from a gaffer who doesn't want the headset.

Not 100% sure but I think FS may have stopped in store preorders for the PS4. I overheard a CSR talking with someone while I was browsing. Didn't bother to ask but I did notice that they only had Xbone cards up for preorder.

Might want to call first if this was your plan.

I'm sure more preorders will be available/trickle through as they get a better idea of the numbers they will be getting.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Cool thanks guys.

Same, I don't want to be like that while waiting for the delivery
coffee-sylvester-cat.gif

Lol, they'll probably knock on your door while you're still sleeping.

Top Bottom