• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Man I really hope buying a PS4 comes with at least 3 months of PS+ or my bank account is doomed.

Myself I hope Sony will give away some yearly plus cards at E3, they end up being sold for 30$ on ebay : )
That was last year though, this year is a different story and the demand is much higher!
BB.com has 1 year of Plus for 40$ but they don't sell for Canadians lol

Mikey Jr.

Amazon.ca is taking preorders again!
Do you think they are a better option than FS/BB?

I live in Brampton, so the Futureshop/Bestbuy warehouse is literally 15 minutes away from me, so I may be biased, but FS seems like the best. I mean, I get shit SUPER fast. Like, I can order something and literally the next day I will have it, and thats with normal shipping.

So yeah, I think FS is fine.

Napophis

cancelled my previous order and separated into 2 orders and made sure to put games that i thought were and weren't going to be launch titles together.

Order 1:

ass creed
Killzone
Watchdogs

Order2:

Kingdom Hearts
infamous
the division

Order 3:

FFXV
Deep Down
Destiny

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
After everything is said and done I have 30 games pre ordered across PS3/WiiU/3DS. No rush to get a PS4 just yet, I'll flip a lot of these into gift cards once I complete them and put those towards a PS4.

30 games lol I think I have a problem.

rinse82

cancelled my previous order and separated into 2 orders and made sure to put games that i thought were and weren't going to be launch titles together.

Order 1:

ass creed
Killzone
Watchdogs

Order2:

Kingdom Hearts
infamous
the division

Order 3:

FFXV
Deep Down
Destiny

Is that necessary? They ship each game as its available, not in a bulk order.

iphys

Does Futureshop pre-authorize these orders? Does anyone know?

I have a bunch of pre-orders I want to make [in separate, 3 games per orders] but I don't want to freak out my credit card company with 4-5 authorization charges. They have a tendency to freeze/lock up your card when they see that. ~_~

None of my pre-orders have reduced my available credit on my card, so I don't think so.

frequency

Does Futureshop pre-authorize these orders? Does anyone know?

I have a bunch of pre-orders I want to make [in separate, 3 games per orders] but I don't want to freak out my credit card company with 4-5 authorization charges. They have a tendency to freeze/lock up your card when they see that. ~_~

Yes. I have like 40 authorisations from all the canceling and reordering I did. I'm actually kind of worried my credit company apparently doesn't find that suspicious or just doesn't care.

frequency

I used a MasterCard, BTW. If you have to go through the Verified by Visa thing, then maybe it differs.

I used Visa but I didn't have any Verified by Visa thing.

When I go look at the authorisations page, it shows them all as $0. But still there's a very long list of them.

iphys

Well, the credit card company probably isn't going to freak out about $0 authorizations unless the charges all come in at once, which they won't. Although I remember back in the day when iTunes came out, my credit card company called me freaking out that I had 3 separate charges for $1 to my credit card from Apple, lol.

frequency

Well, the credit card company probably isn't going to freak out about $0 authorizations unless the charges all come in at once, which they won't. Although I remember back in the day when iTunes came out, my credit card company called me freaking out that I had 3 separate charges for $1 to my credit card from Apple, lol.

My orders were usually minutes apart from each other. If there are like 40 authorisations over 2 days (even if it's $0), I would kind of expect them to wonder what's going on. That's unusual activity to me.

Unrelated:
My Animal Crossing that went the wrong direction from Mississauga to Halifax finally started coming back. It's in Montreal now. This is so dumb. Maybe I'll get to play it in 2 weeks. Stupid Canada Post. I hate them so much.
It took 5 days to get to Halifax. So I assume 5 days to go back Mississauga. And then it usually takes 4 days to get to me from Mississauga. 14 days for my most anticipated game of the year. I am dying.

TimeKillr

Muramasa Vita is sold out too. :(

I hope MGSV will be back in "stock" for pre-order later today, because I sure as hell don't want to miss out on that.

There should be no issues with adding gift cards after placing your order with Future Shop. I have put all my orders in and now I want to add gift cards to use.

I almost forgot to grab Kingdom Hearts HD Remix because it is not on the PS3 E3 page.

Anything else like this that I might forget that is on the website but not on E3 pages? I pre-order PS3,PS4,3DS,Wii U games.

Thanks!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Unrelated:
My Animal Crossing that went the wrong direction from Mississauga to Halifax finally started coming back. It's in Montreal now. This is so dumb. Maybe I'll get to play it in 2 weeks. Stupid Canada Post. I hate them so much.
It took 5 days to get to Halifax. So I assume 5 days to go back Mississauga. And then it usually takes 4 days to get to me from Mississauga. 14 days for my most anticipated game of the year. I am dying.
Why didn't you buy a copy in store and then return the shipped copy later once you saw it wouldn't be there right away if you wanted it so badly?

frequency

Why didn't you buy a copy in store and then return the shipped copy later once you saw it wouldn't be there right away if you wanted it so badly?

They don't put the packing slips in the envelope anymore and you need it to return. I don't have toner (laser so really expensive) for my printer and I don't have a smart phone to show them the online order.

And I would need transportation even if I somehow solved the above problem.

They don't put the packing slips in the envelope anymore and you need it to return. I don't have toner (laser so really expensive) for my printer and I don't have a smart phone to show them the online order.

You buy a copy in the store and save the receipt you received in store. When the online order comes in you return that one using the receipt you received in store. No need to print out the online invoice at all.

Can't help with transport though. :/

If Last of Us doesn't show up from my online order I will just walk into FS and buy a copy and then return my online copy using my in store receipt. That way I still get my $20 discount.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

I just print it out at the CS desk when I get to the store because I don't have a printer at all. I understand about the transportation though.

EDIT: ^What he said also, especially if you got a preorder deal.

zroid

Banned
Unrelated:

We've all been there. :(

In your honour, the next time one of my townsfolk wants me to decide what their nickname/greeting/whatever should be, I'll reply "frequency".

My final damage:

PS4 pre-order like five minutes after it was available.

Playstation 3

Lightning Returns: FF13
FFX|FFX-2 HD
Tales of Xilla

Playstation 4

Diablo 3
Watch Dogs
InFamous: Second Son
Assassin's Creed 4
EA UFC
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3
Knack

Nom.

i-Lo

I feel like breaking something. I just woke up to find MGSV finally added and sold out....... FUCKING MOTHERFUCKING FUCK.
LLShC.gif

Gah, I was out of the country until yesterday, and only got to visit the Future Shop site this morning. So many games I wanted sold out...no Deadpool, no Muramasa, no Jak & Daxter. Guess I'll just have to stock up on PS4 titles!

I'm traveling to Asia, and I was wondering what Rogers charges for data roaming there?

I've traveled to Asia more than 8 - 10 times in the last 4 years and trust me, the local rates are much better than what we have here.

I highly suggest you to get an unlocked phone, either from here or buy one over there, get a local SIM from one of the service providers and sign up to their prepaid plans.

If I remember correctly, I think I was getting around 3GB of 3G data for around $5-$10 in India.

I've traveled to Asia more than 8 - 10 times in the last 4 years and trust me, the local rates are much better than what we have here.

I highly suggest you to get an unlocked phone, either from here or buy one over there, get a local SIM from one of the service providers and sign up to their prepaid plans.

If I remember correctly, I think I was getting around 3GB of 3G data for around $5-$10 in India.

If you have had your Rogers phone for more than 3 months, they will unlock it for you for $50. Then do as the above poster suggested and get a local sim card and plan.

snack

Really choked I missed out on TLOU. I was waiting for MGS V to be available to preorder, then I'd order both together. But no stock and now I'm sad panda.

spyguy

Crap. My credit card has an expiry date of this August, and the FS/BB deals won't work for me. They say my credit card is expiring soon and I have to enter a new one or update my cc info. I was able to pre-order a PS4 on Amazon with the same credit card though. Damn. Looks like I'll be playing full price for a bunch of games later this year.

Crap. My credit card has an expiry date of this August, and the FS/BB deals won't work for me. They say my credit card is expiring soon and I have to enter a new one or update my cc info. I was able to pre-order a PS4 on Amazon with the same credit card though. Damn. Looks like I'll be playing full price for a bunch of games later this year.

You tried the trick of moving your expiring year by 3 like it been mentioned earlier?

frequency

You buy a copy in the store and save the receipt you received in store. When the online order comes in you return that one using the receipt you received in store. No need to print out the online invoice at all.

Can't help with transport though. :/

If Last of Us doesn't show up from my online order I will just walk into FS and buy a copy and then return my online copy using my in store receipt. That way I still get my $20 discount.

I never thought about that before. That's a really smart idea.

I just print it out at the CS desk when I get to the store because I don't have a printer at all. I understand about the transportation though.

EDIT: ^What he said also, especially if you got a preorder deal.

I didn't know they would print stuff for you. I bought it at BestBuy.ca because 800 reward zone points. I don't know how those work with returns.

We've all been there. :(

In your honour, the next time one of my townsfolk wants me to decide what their nickname/greeting/whatever should be, I'll reply "frequency".

♥?

Top Bottom