• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

I don't suppose anyone managed to find the Friday the 13th or Chucky blu-ray box sets on Cineplex?

I checked all the single movies I could find, they weren't hidden in there.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you only get the 1000 scene points for digital stuff. Which sucks because fuck digital. I have little use for General Admission tickets since I watch 90% of movies in ultra avx or IMAX :/

Still an incredible deal though. Going broke here.

Actually if you buy a Bluray you will get a regular admission ticket while buying a digital copy will get you 1000 points which can get you an AVX or IMAX admission!

terrible

Banned
This Cineplex thing is destroying my wallet. I thought I was good after $85 but I'm back ordering more again.

edit: total damage dealt $179.50

evanmisha

I don't suppose anyone managed to find the Friday the 13th or Chucky blu-ray box sets on Cineplex?

I checked all the single movies I could find, they weren't hidden in there.

Go into the Horror category, turn on the Blu-ray filter, and just scroll through pages. There should be about 40 pages total. It's the easiest way to browse, sadly.

So is it free shipping on everything on cineplex now too? The FAQ says "$2.49 per DVD or Blu-ray. - $6.99 per boxed set." but I don't seem the be getting charged anything before checkout. This site confuses me :(

Go into the Horror category, turn on the Blu-ray filter, and just scroll through pages. There should be about 40 pages total. It's the easiest way to browse, sadly.

Good idea, thanks. I'll give that a shot.

evanmisha

Good idea, thanks. I'll give that a shot.

Was looking for the Ring, found it that way listed under Ring. Found Summer Wars listed as Sama Wozu. Lot of bizarre entries you can really only find just straight browsing.

Dropped like 350 $ on this sale. Thanks for the heads up, GAF

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
those willing to order from the US can grab Wonderful 101 for $29.99 from Amazon.com...

I'm not going to since I haven't been super impressed with the demo, nor do I have the time

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002I08CSW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The demo isn't a very good way to gauge quality of the full game. Basically, if you enjoyed Kamiya's previous games (Devil May Cry, Okami, Bayonetta) then you will enjoy W101 since it expands on a lot of the mechanics from those games.

krae_man

One of my monitors died, It was just an old 19" 1440x900 that I kept when I upgraded to a 23" 1080p monitor but dual screens was just so nice, I can't give it up but don't want spend money on a monitor right now. I'm trying to decide if I want 1080p, or if I want both my monitors to be the same size but I don;t know if I have the room for that. Do I want both to be 1080p, Man I just don't know.

Now I have some gift cards so that will help but all the cheap/good monitors will go first thing in the morning. I need to think about this.

Edit: Wait, Need for Speed Rivals isn't $40 tomorrow on PS4, current gen only? Bullshit.

Eleuin

Think its time to buy a bunch of Ghibli and other animated movies I've never seen before.

Was looking for the Ring, found it that way listed under Ring. Found Summer Wars listed as Sama Wozu. Lot of bizarre entries you can really only find just straight browsing.

Dropped like 350 $ on this sale. Thanks for the heads up, GAF
Oh thanks for the heads up, I wish the search function wasn't so bad :\

EDIT: Whats the difference between Summer Wars:Movie and just Summer Wars? lol

ohlawd

Hit me up if you found a boxset for Ghibli movies. I was looking earlier, didn't find anything. I might have missed it iunno.

Pixar movies too I guess. I'm doing a search by genre too I kinda hope I don't find anything lol cuz my wallet is cursing at me.

Definitely a good deal. Being a poor student makes boxing day less fun.

However...at least I can have some fun posting a pillow deal!!!

Walmart has a two pack of Serta pillows for $9.97 with free shipping! Can be purchased in store or online.

"The Special Purchase Two Pack Pillow is made by Sertapedic. It provides a soft and durable Microfiber fabric cover and is suitable for all sleeping positions. It is Hypoallergenic and offers a 100% Polyester Fill."

• 20" x 28" Jumbo
  • Soft and Durable Microfiber Fabric Cover
  • Hypoallergenic
  • 100% Polyester Fill
  • Suitable for all sleeping types

This is the greatest thing in the thread now. Thanks!

Maddog

Hit me up if you found a boxset for Ghibli movies. I was looking earlier, didn't find anything. I might have missed it iunno.

Pixar movies too I guess. I'm doing a search by genre too I kinda hope I don't find anything lol cuz my wallet is cursing at me.

I've found it easier to just use Google and add cineplex store to my search.

isny

napkin dispenser

There has not been a Ghibli or PIXAR box set released in North America.

Joeku

Same for the WiiU. Seems to be $250 for the Mario bundle at a couple places but that's pretty much it; neither the bundle nor price point I'd like. I may just pick up a couple games before I get the system.

Couple things. First off, be sure to buy those pillows while they last!

Secondly, Amazon.ca has started their Boxing Day sales (not to be confused with Boxing Week sales.)

Thirdly, Brave is $15 at Chapters. Cheaper than the $18.49 at Cineplex, but Cineplex gives you a free movie ticket, so either way it's a good deal.

Lastly, L4D2 is free on Steam for some reason.

My god, if those are the Amazon.ca deals, we might as well cancel Boxing Day. Cineplex, of all people, saved Boxing Day. I can't believe it.

Oh, also:

Wait does the order have to be above $15 before taxes to get your ticket?

Do they mail you a physical ticket?

You have to have at least one item in the order that is $14.99 or above. It doesn't matter if the order itself is over $14.99, so you can't combine a bunch of really cheap discs to get the ticket. As far as I know, it's a physical ticket that comes in the mail, yes.

I keep going back to buy more things at Cineplex. I hate you guys for telling me about this.

Yasumi

Banned
Going to stop myself from getting anymore Cineplex stuff. The final damages are:
- Akira 25th Anniversary Edition DVD
- Battle Royale 4 Disc Collection
- K-On The Movie Bluray
- Grave of the Fireflies DVD
- From Up on Poppy Hill combo
- Life of Brian DVD
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail DVD
- Summer Wars combo(?)
- Departures DVD

Around $125 in total. No more amiami purchases for a little while.

ohlawd

Going to stop myself from getting anymore Cineplex stuff. The final damages are:
- Akira 25th Anniversary Edition DVD
- Battle Royale 4 Disc Collection
- K-On The Movie Bluray
- Grave of the Fireflies DVD
- From Up on Poppy Hill combo
- Life of Brian DVD
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail DVD
- Summer Wars combo(?)
- Departures DVD

Around $125 in total. No more amiami purchases for a little while.
Were you actively searching for other anime?

Once I get all the stuff I ordered from Cineplex in one piece I'll thank them.

If they don't come through I'm never buying anything during Boxing Day, going to movies at Cineplex theatres, or experiencing happiness ever again.

Um, except for that random Emma Peel Avengers megaset bonus disc I bought. If Cineplex actually manages to ship THAT to me, I'll be shocked.

Canon

Banned

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Search "Two Towers" for LotR and "Last Crusade" for Indiana Jones.

Found it searching for "Batman Begins." Thanks.

I found Indiana Jones by searching for Last Crusade. The box set is listed for $29.49 under that.

edit: LOTR trilogy is listed under The Two Towers. $30 for the extended trilogy and $22.49 for the theatrical one.

Anyone know if the Star Trek film box sets on are the site? Maybe someone has a trick that I missed. lol

Magnus

I found Indiana Jones by searching for Last Crusade. The box set is listed for $29.49 under that.

edit: LOTR trilogy is listed under The Two Towers. $30 for the extended trilogy and $22.49 for the theatrical one.

Search "Two Towers" for LotR and "Last Crusade" for Indiana Jones.

Found it searching for "Batman Begins." Thanks.

LOTR doesn't show up for a Two Towers search.

Edit - oh. I see. You have to actually go into Two Towers' entry and go to discs and the set is there. Lol. Ridiculous.

Also wow what are the odds that I got a $50 cineplex gift card for Christmas! Can I use this on the store?

isny

napkin dispenser
Is those Wal-Mart pillows a good deal? ... It seems like regular price.

Yup, it's a fantastic deal. It's not a regular price, they bring in these two pack's just for BD. If you see, even the packing says "special price" on it, as they only bring these in for sales like this.

Generally any brand name (Sealy, Serta, etc.) pillow for $5 is a fantastic deal!

Trust me, the rest of Canada GAF does. I know my pillows =p

Thank you Best Buy Online...

... you know for processing an order that you said had failed. Not sending an email until AFTER it's being prepared for shipment (and thus not being able to be cancelled). And to top it all off, they charged me the wrong amount for one of the items.

Now I get to return this phantom order in store with the masses of people looking to return their gifts.

Good times...

ohlawd

Anyone know if the Star Trek film box sets on are the site? Maybe someone has a trick that I missed. lol

I found this one. 6 movies

I can keep looking. I don't know much about Star Trek except Klingon and Seven of Nine.

LOTR doesn't show up for a Two Towers search.

Edit - oh. I see. You have to actually go into Two Towers' entry and go to discs and the set is there. Lol. Ridiculous.

Also wow what are the odds that I got a $50 cineplex gift card for Christmas! Can I use this on the store?

Was about to post the link but I'm glad you found it

Here's the link if anyone cares for The Lord of the Rings blu-ray box set.

Canon

Banned
Yup, it's a fantastic deal. It's not a regular price, they bring in these two pack's just for BD. If you see, even the packing says "special price" on it, as they only bring these in for sales like this.

Generally any brand name (Sealy, Serta, etc.) pillow for $5 is a fantastic deal!

Alright. It's in-stock near me though, I suppose they don't do pickups... otherwise it'll take until January 15th

EDIT: Walmart.ca doesn't accept gift cards... wow.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I found this one. 6 movies

I can keep looking. I don't know much about Star Trek except Klingon and Seven of Nine.

Was about to post the link but I'm glad you found it

Here's the link if anyone cares for The Lord of the Rings blu-ray box set.

That's crazy... it only shows up under Final Frontier but none of the other movies. Also, they don't have the Next Generation collection. Thanks for finding it though!

Lexxism

I need another pillow. I guess those pillows are really good?

Probably the worst gaming boxing day in a while. I wanted some $150 to $130 PS vita sales.

Gaming boxing day deals were so bad :S

Seriously. I can't understand how last boxing day we got $150 mario kart 3ds xl bundles everywhere, and then America got them again this year on Black Friday (not mario kart but other bundles) and we aren't getting them this year. No deals on 3ds xl consoles either at the big retailers (at least not in their flyers) except for freaking super store.

Top Bottom