• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Tagg9

Just bought a Gigabyte GTX780 for $499+tax from NCIX. Anyone knows if it takes long to arrive? I checked the free shipping option. PC Master Race, here we go, hah!

With the number of orders going through today, it might take up to 10 days.

Want to jump on the 3D world deal. Thinking of going into a store on the 26th to pick it up so I don't have to wait for shipping.

Crazy?

What are the odds of it selling out in stores? Or should I just hedge my bets and order it online?

Want to jump on the 3D world deal. Thinking of going into a store on the 26th to pick it up so I don't have to wait for shipping.

Crazy?

What are the odds of it selling out in stores? Or should I just hedge my bets and order it online?

The Target deal does beat FS/BB by five bucks, I suppose, so you might have a shot. On the other hand, how badly do you want the game sooner rather than later? Is it worth getting out of bed early, lining up (either outside the store or inside to cash out), dealing with the crowds, dealing with parking if you have to drive, etc.?

jayu26

I don't know if this is already known but PS3 Pulse Elite are $104.98 on Amazon right now.

Also I seem to have missed the PS plus deal for now. Will try to catch the one on Walmart tomorrow.

Animal

Banned
I just got word that the megaman X deal last week on US Nintendo eshop is live right now on canadian eshop. I don't have access to my WiiU to check right now. Can anyone confirm?

isny

napkin dispenser
Haha yea, I did the same

The trilogy is 35 at Amazon and FS so I guess it's a good deal, especially with the movie ticket

Definitely a good deal. Being a poor student makes boxing day less fun.

However...at least I can have some fun posting a pillow deal!!!

Walmart has a two pack of Serta pillows for $9.97 with free shipping! Can be purchased in store or online.

"The Special Purchase Two Pack Pillow is made by Sertapedic. It provides a soft and durable Microfiber fabric cover and is suitable for all sleeping positions. It is Hypoallergenic and offers a 100% Polyester Fill."

• 20" x 28" Jumbo
  • Soft and Durable Microfiber Fabric Cover
  • Hypoallergenic
  • 100% Polyester Fill
  • Suitable for all sleeping types

Large_.jpeg

I just got word that the megaman X deal last week on US Nintendo eshop is live right now on canadian eshop. I don't have access to my WiiU to check right now. Can anyone confirm?

Nope, lies.

Maximus.

I got 2 ps+ cards, wind waker and a SD card! Now I don't have to go out!

It sucked how I couldn't use my best buy giftcard though :/

I caved in and rushed after work to my nearest ToysRUs right before they closed, price-matching the WiiU Zelda Wind Waker Deluxe 32GB edition to the Chapters.ca website.

All in, I snagged it for 189.00 + HST (13%) = $213.57
+ a promotional $25 gift card offer which expires today was given to me at checkout.

So net cost, all in, was an effective $188.57.

The clerk looked at me, stunned, at the resulting price tag. To think this bundle is normally worth $300, before tax...

What, they will still price-match it even though it's sold out?

What, they will still price-match it even though it's sold out?

I made sure I showed them they had inventory at my local Chapters. It was a rush shift so no one bothered calling the branch to check on real-time inventory: I just made sure I brought a printed page indicating they had stock at the time of the printout.

Ditto. Have a 47 inch 3D led LG. Love it.

Exactly the same LG 47" 3D LED and it's awesome!

Anyone have an idea about a good router to use instead of Telus home router? Or at least with it?
I get 50 Mbps on all wired devices including the PS4, only 30 Mbps on wireless devices so I thought maybe a better router will help!

Canon

Banned
Bought the DBZ Blu-ray coming out in a few days for $17.99 (usually $30), plus free movie ticket. Insane!!

Also, Home Movies is $49.99 for the complete series. It's either that or Star Wars for me...

How long does it take for Scene points to show up?

Tsundere

Banned
I have a 47" LG that i bought in may and i think it's great. Why the hate for LG?

Had a 40" LG TV a few years back, and for the price I paid for it, it wasn't anything spectacular, especially since there were better alternatives available afterwards for around the same price. Should have done my research on it prior, learned my lesson.

Had a 40" LG TV a few years back, and for the price I paid for it, it wasn't anything spectacular, especially since there were better alternatives available afterwards for around the same price. Should have done my research on it prior, learned my lesson.

Ya it can really be luck of the draw I guess. I bought a 40" sammy years back and it crapped out on me in 4-5 months. Everyone gives sammy's high praise but I probably wont go back after that debacle.

Magnus

Question:

Is it possible to buy someone a Netflix gift card?

--

So, anything I want is gone online. Hoping all of it is still in stock when I brave the stores tomorrow.

Harry Potter 8-film bluray set is $45 at future shop.... :eek:

Roto13

ps+ is gone?? damn. i'm at home on crutches because of an accident, so i can't exactly go to the store on boxing day. oh well.

You could always use your crutches to crack some skulls and clear a path through the madness. Season's Beatings.

Question:

Is it possible to buy someone a Netflix gift card?

I don't think I've ever seen a Netflix gift card in a store, but you can buy a gift subscription from the Netflix website and apparently they put it on a little card for you to print off. :p

i-Jest

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=c9e1d07998638b521f6abdd7034c2fd3en02
i have a 720p 600hz lg version but wanted to upgrade to a 1080p model for next gen.

good hdtv for gaming or do you think i should wait for the new models next year?

Speaking of televisions, I've had my eye on this one for gaming and enterteinment purposes. Anyone find it for a cheaper price or find a better option? http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7839091&Sku=T24-3243%20CA

That is a great price. I assume these work with cellphone? I need a new SD card for my phone.

Roto13

Wonderful. I can't move money to my credit card to pay for my Future Shop order because the BMO site just isn't working and hasn't been working since last night.

And neither Best Buy or Future Shop will take my Visa debit card or Pay Pal because reasons.

Fuck the three of them to death.

Definitely a good deal. Being a poor student makes boxing day less fun.

However...at least I can have some fun posting a pillow deal!!!

Walmart has a two pack of Serta pillows for $9.97 with free shipping! Can be purchased in store or online.

"The Special Purchase Two Pack Pillow is made by Sertapedic. It provides a soft and durable Microfiber fabric cover and is suitable for all sleeping positions. It is Hypoallergenic and offers a 100% Polyester Fill."

• 20" x 28" Jumbo
  • Soft and Durable Microfiber Fabric Cover
  • Hypoallergenic
  • 100% Polyester Fill
  • Suitable for all sleeping types

Large_.jpeg

Nope, lies.
ah why the hell not for that price? ordered :)

Top Bottom