• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

espher

Goddamn I did not know this shit was starting yesterday, ugh.

Only thing I was looking for was a cheap copy of Wii Party U since I already have four Wiimotes and can't justify full MSRP for it.

Blahhhhh.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It has been that price for basically a month so i don't see why not.
We know that but the masses don't and will snap it up. This is Boxing Day, there will be people excited for "deals" that are more expensive than what they were just a few weeks ago that are blissfully unaware.

isny

napkin dispenser
Can I buy PC Digital Games from Amazon.com? I used to do it but I remember reading that people got their account locked or something?

See, luckily pillows have no region locking/blocking, so they're definitely a better buy and have many more uses than a silly game from Steam =p

Pillows!!!

Pros:
- Fluffy and soft
- No region locking
- As cheap as a Steam game
- Many uses
- Star in their own game!!! (Dream Team)
- Endorsed by Luigi!

Cons:
- If you don't buy cheap pillows and buy a crappy Steam game you'll regret it later and won't have a soft comfy pillow to cry into

btkadams

I believe other online retailers may have it on the 26th.
really? damn i'll have to keep my eye out then. thanks!

does anyone know of any?
You could always use your crutches to crack some skulls and clear a path through the madness. Season's Beatings.
i wish! i've tried to hit people with them and i suck at it. i don't swing them fast enough because i don't want to lose balance.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
See, luckily pillows have no region locking/blocking, so they're definitely a better buy and have many more uses than a silly game from Steam =p

Pillows!!!

Pros:
- Fluffy and soft
- No region locking
- As cheap as a Steam game
- Many uses
- Star in their own game!!! (Dream Team)
- Endorsed by Luigi!

Cons:
- If you don't buy cheap pillows and buy a crappy Steam game you'll regret it later and won't have a soft comfy pillow to cry into
You forgot another pro,

Flip it over and it's always cool on the other side.

Definitely a good deal. Being a poor student makes boxing day less fun.

However...at least I can have some fun posting a pillow deal!!!

Walmart has a two pack of Serta pillows for $9.97 with free shipping! Can be purchased in store or online.

"The Special Purchase Two Pack Pillow is made by Sertapedic. It provides a soft and durable Microfiber fabric cover and is suitable for all sleeping positions. It is Hypoallergenic and offers a 100% Polyester Fill."

• 20" x 28" Jumbo
  • Soft and Durable Microfiber Fabric Cover
  • Hypoallergenic
  • 100% Polyester Fill
  • Suitable for all sleeping types

Large_.jpeg

Sweet, ordered. And also, while checking out, I discovered that the Pikmin 3 I must've left in my cart from before is now back in stock! So anyone who tried to get the $40 Pikmin 3 earlier, give it a shot now.

great, now I have to actually play the sealed copy of Pikmin 2 sitting on my shelf, I'm so dumb.

I think I just want Zelda at Best Buy/Future Shop and Rayman at Walmart.

What should i do for plan of attack? Line up at either BB or FS (6:00am opening) and then high tail it to the Walmart line (7:00am opening)?

Think I'll stand a chance when I transfer stores?

You just missed the deal at target. Price match the $150 XL at target to Toy R Us and you will get the XL for $135.

Yeah I PM'd at FS and got one for $144.

Pikman 3 is a good buy at $39 but I'm tempted to wait until tomorrow to see if Target or SDM have it for less.

Well, I was able to order Super Mario 3D World, Sonic All Star Racing, and Lego Marvel on Future Shops site at the boxing day prices and it processed, so hopefully there are no hassles and the order goes through. I'd LOVE for this to be a boxing day I don't have to line up at 5 am in the freezing cold for, I did enough of those ;)

If you're trying to order online their "Verified by Visa" system seems to be crapping out, I never got success... but Mastercard worked ok for me.

Sober

However...at least I can have some fun posting a pillow deal!!!

Walmart has a two pack of Serta pillows for $9.97 with free shipping! Can be purchased in store or online.

"The Special Purchase Two Pack Pillow is made by Sertapedic. It provides a soft and durable Microfiber fabric cover and is suitable for all sleeping positions. It is Hypoallergenic and offers a 100% Polyester Fill."

• 20" x 28" Jumbo
  • Soft and Durable Microfiber Fabric Cover
  • Hypoallergenic
  • 100% Polyester Fill
  • Suitable for all sleeping types

Large_.jpeg
Yeah the sad shit here is that I actually should buy a new pillow. Don't remember the last time I replaced it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Guh, buying so much crap online got my card locked. And of course, everyone is off today. I mean, I understand the fraud protection stuff but come on!

Tsundere

Banned
Their VbV system was crashing constantly for me, the order would fail due to a "system error", but non-visa worked. Maybe they yanked it temporarily?

I was like the first person on here to get through the checkout and I went through without a hitch. (was already in queue at 7:52PM). I still didn't have VbV.

kitzkozan

I already got my Assassin's creed 4 code from the uplay thing. A nice christmas gift since I will be able to sell back the physical copy and take advantage of the $40 credit while it last. Thx again to however found out about this deal here on GAF. :]

Time to complete the christmas shopping and take advantage of the cineplex deal...

By the way, MTF price matter will have a boxing deal special tomorrow where everything will be discounted by 20% (on movies and boxset at least). It's a good time to pick up the complete Star Wars saga which is still in stock for possibly $38-39 (and perhaps the special boxset of Band of brothers + The pacific if it's restocked).

ohlawd

those willing to order from the US can grab Wonderful 101 for $29.99 from Amazon.com...

I'm not going to since I haven't been super impressed with the demo, nor do I have the time

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002I08CSW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'd recommend this to everybody cuz it's really fucking good but shame the world don't work that way. This game demands your attention. If you're a quick learner and can handle frustration well, great. If you take forever to learn something and get frustrated super fast, forget it. Of course I'm looking at it from extreme left and right sides and I wager most people are in the middle.

BadHand

I wanted to pick up Rayman legends from Walmart for $14.97 tomorrow, but every store in my area is sold out and it's sold out online.

ohlawd

srsly this Cineplex shit is insane.

Getting blu-rays boxes for Indiana Jones and Lord of the Rings.

I need ideas for boxsets. Not interested in individual movies.

Zing

Banned
I wanted to pick up Rayman legends from Walmart for $14.97 tomorrow, but every store in my area is sold out and it's sold out online.
Everywhere in the GTA seemed to be sold out since Black Friday. I suspect no new stock has been shipped in months.

Maddog

srsly this Cineplex shit is insane.

Getting blu-rays boxes for Indiana Jones and Lord of the Rings.

I need ideas for boxsets. Not interested in individual movies.

Christopher Nolan boxset (All his movies except The Prestige) for $25 + Free movie ticket

dream

I don't see the box sets on the Cineplex store....:(

I found Indiana Jones by searching for Last Crusade. The box set is listed for $29.49 under that.

edit: LOTR trilogy is listed under The Two Towers. $30 for the extended trilogy and $22.49 for the theatrical one.

veras

So how does this Cineplex thing work? I keep seeing people say box set + free movie ticket, but I only see the 1000 bonus scene points (which I assume is the free ticket being referred to?) on the digital stuff, not physical

i-Jest

I'm looking at the Video Game Plus Boxing Day newsletter in my email right now. Legend of Zelda Wind Waker bundle for 299. This one happens to include Super Mario 3D World. It's an in-store promotion, so whom ever is interested might wanna hop on that.

Anth0ny

So how does this Cineplex thing work? I keep seeing people say box set + free movie ticket, but I only see the 1000 bonus scene points (which I assume is the free ticket being referred to?) on the digital stuff, not physical

Yeah I'm pretty sure you only get the 1000 scene points for digital stuff. Which sucks because fuck digital. I have little use for General Admission tickets since I watch 90% of movies in ultra avx or IMAX :/

Still an incredible deal though. Going broke here.

Top Bottom