• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Vibranium

Banned
I mean ones in the future.

Having your boxing week deals start before boxing day, or selling out in less than 5 minutes is ridiculous. Why wasn't there a limit on how many people can buy?

I know, it's just messed up. I wonder how many people were scalpers....ugh.

Good luck man. I honestly wouldn't go just for that. Saving $16 is not worth that hassle. At a walmart no less. The malls are one thing but this is fucking walmart we're talking about on boxing day! Lol

It seems on a yearly basis we get a price error or a flash sale like this so your better of waiting for that in the new year. I'm sure you'll be able to pick a year up for less than $49.99.

Eh, I'll take my chances. Where I live a lot of people tend not to be into the morning thing so I may get lucky.

I know, it's just messed up. I wonder how many people were scalpers....ugh.
I'm sure a very large amount of them. I just wanted one or two dang it.

This makes me mad, because this, along with a deal on a Vita memory card, are the only things I was looking for, and I missed out on both of them by mere minutes. >_<

I found the The Next Generation set for $22.99

Well, thanks to the crazy clusterfuck that is that page (I thought that would just have The Next Level Blu-Ray, not the friggin' movie collection) I decided to double-check all the TNG pages to see if any Blu-Rays besides seasons 3 and 5 were in there. Turns out season 4 was hidden in the listings too, under The Best of Both Worlds. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if TNG seasons 1 and 2 were listed under Trekkies or something.

Grimsen

Can someone list all the blu ray boxsets on sale at Cineplex?

They're all on sale AFAIK.

Having little extra cash and too much to watch already, I only got Hannibal season 1 dvd and Avengers EMH bluray for 16$ each. The tickets will be for the wife and I, so I won't get too much shit for buying more series. :p

Blarg.

This holiday season has been absolutely terrible for deals. Almost nothing good, and anything that was worthwhile was gone in seconds.

*pouts*

Vibranium

Banned
Blarg.

This holiday season has been absolutely terrible for deals. Almost nothing good, and anything that was worthwhile was gone in seconds.

*pouts*

Welcome to Canada, bad deals all around and where the Amazon.ca team is so incompetent they don't even have a section for PC digital downloads.

evanmisha

Well, thanks to the crazy clusterfuck that is that page (I thought that would just have The Next Level Blu-Ray, not the friggin' movie collection) I decided to double-check all the TNG pages to see if any Blu-Rays besides seasons 3 and 5 were in there. Turns out season 4 was hidden in the listings too, under The Best of Both Worlds. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if TNG seasons 1 and 2 were listed under Trekkies or something.

Google has all of their listings indexed, so you can just google 'cineplex store upc xxxxxxxx'. Doing that, I'm confident season 1 isn't there.

MercuryLS

Banned
They're all on sale AFAIK.

Having little extra cash and too much to watch already, I only got Hannibal season 1 dvd and Avengers EMH bluray for 16$ each. The tickets will be for the wife and I, so I won't get too much shit for buying more series. :p

How do you search just for the box sets?

Magnus

Star Trek: TNG Bluray Collection (4-Movie)
The Little Mermaid
Mulan (2-Movie)
Ratatouille

All on Blu, all for around $70. And what were the odds...I got a $50 Cineplex gift card this morning for Christmas. Amazing.

Yay! Thanks for the heads-up on this GAF! You've made a lot of my FB friends happy about this one, too. :)

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you UBC for providing me with a free Canadian VPN. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to buy all Toy Story movies plus The Incredibles. I felt compelled to buy Howl's Moving Castle but I'll probably just wait for the Blu Ray release of Porco Rosso.

so let me get this straight, no Walmarts have any copies of Rayman, and it was on sale for all of 5 minutes before boxing day?

seems pretty sketchy...

MercuryLS

Banned
I just picked up 4 Pixar movies as they are usually quite expensive otherwise (Disney is like the Nintendo of movies, always keeping pricing high).

Got my favorites:

Up
The Incredibles
Wall-E
Ratatouille

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I'm set with PS+ untill 2019 thanks to the $30 deal.

It looks like The Source may still have some in stock online for those still looking.
Got one from The Source. Thanks man!

By the way, an idea HellBlazer had, to separate the actual deals from all the discussion, is to use the red highlight when there's a deal? Such as:

Deal - The Source
PS+ 1-year subscription for $29.99, available here:
http://www.thesource.ca/estore/circuitbreaker.aspx?language=en-CA

How about it?

whitehawk

Banned
Does anyone know the deal with PS4 stock? Want to pick one up. Will there be stock for BestBuy? I imagine I would be out of luck anyway if I wasn't early in line though.

soultron

Banned
Memory Express deals are gone. Was gonna grab a Fractal R4 and the Kingston HyperX SSD, but those deals are so gone.

Since there's no i5 sales at all, the i7-4770K for $305 at CC seems like a good deal. Was thinking of pairing it with 16GB RAM, 2x8 Corsair Vegeance LP for $140. (Feel like 16GB might be overkill right now though.)

Do those seem like good deals to PC-GAF up in this thread? Thinking of picking those up in-store tomorrow. If they don't sell the fuck out right quick.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Yup, it's a fantastic deal. It's not a regular price, they bring in these two pack's just for BD. If you see, even the packing says "special price" on it, as they only bring these in for sales like this.

Generally any brand name (Sealy, Serta, etc.) pillow for $5 is a fantastic deal!

Trust me, the rest of Canada GAF does. I know my pillows =p

You should be a pillow salesman, you just convinced me to get two of these (so 4 pillows in total). I also did a quick check with the resident pillow expert (my mom) and she confirmed that it's a good deal because Serta pillows are never this cheap.

Memory Express deals are gone. Was gonna grab a Fractal R4 and the Kingston HyperX SSD, but those deals are so gone.

Since there's no i5 sales at all, the i7-4770K for $305 at CC seems like a good deal. Was thinking of pairing it with 16GB RAM, 2x8 Corsair Vegeance LP for $140.

Do those seem like good deals to PC-GAF up in this thread? Thinking of picking those up in-store tomorrow. If they don't sell the fuck out right quick.

I tend to go with whatever this says http://www.logicalincrements.com/

I haven't shopped around for PC parts that much but it doesn't seem like they tend to get steep discounts during sales.

If you don't count huge trend shifts like the flood of Taiwan, current light coin craze or RAM supply demand finally balancing out. The best approach to buying PC components is just finding the price/performance point relative to how often you expect to upgrade. You are more likely to get a deal in terms of performance vs costs when the next generation of hardware rolls out than finding a huge discount on current generation CPUs or video cards or what have you.

Edit: Mind you this is coming from someone who put their PC together about 4 years ago. It's starting to show its age a bit but I'll try to wait out another year.

jayu26

Okay I'm sitting here looking at this...
Capture.png

What should I do?

Sajjaja

Eh!? Are you talking about Pulse elite? What about them?

I was trying to say that, because of their mistake the final transaction shows 2 Pulse elite ...So all together PS+ and 2 Pulse elite show up as $33.89.

Yeah just go ahead and send one of them my way and I'll be sure not to make trouble for you. It's just business, nothing personal.

Anth0ny

Just picked up a year of PS+ for $29.99 from The Source. Awesome.

Also buying shit from Cineplex non-stop. non.fucking.stop.

I'm going broke ; ________ ;

Eh!? Are you talking about Pulse elite? What about them?

I was trying to say that, because of their mistake the final transaction shows 2 Pulse elite ...So all together PS+ and 2 Pulse elite show up as $33.89.

Man that would be the deal of the season :)
I bet many people are trying the same combination of items right now :p

Regarding the Wii U, NSMBU, and Super Luigi U bundle:

Are these codes for a digital download, or actual game discs?

Thanks in advance.

Also thinking about grabbing MH:U and SM3DW. How much is MH:U these days?

Amazon.ca's REAL Boxing Day deals are up. That 55" TV's going fast. They also have PS+ cards for $29.99, in case you need another place to get them from (haha thanks Walmart), but I think that's it for gaming-related stuff.

Me? I bought a PAPER SHREDDER. Clearly I know how to do Boxing Day right.

Firestorm

The WiiU Tritton Kunai headsets are $9.99 down from last week's $19.99 price. MSRP of $59.99 I believe? Useful as a headset for your WiiU, 3DS, and PC. Best Buy and Future Shop.

Honestly I don't even care that this Boxing Day is weak. Got my cheap WiiU earlier this month via TRU + Chapters and am set for PS+ for 2 years once I end up buying a PS4 with Amazon on Black Friday. Been a good month.

Canon

Banned
Amazon.ca's REAL Boxing Day deals are up. That 55" TV's going fast. They also have PS+ cards for $29.99, in case you need another place to get them from (haha thanks Walmart), but I think that's it for gaming-related stuff.

Me? I bought a PAPER SHREDDER. Clearly I know how to do Boxing Day right.
Which TV?

Top Bottom