• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Regarding the Wii U, NSMBU, and Super Luigi U bundle:

Are these codes for a digital download, or actual game discs?

Thanks in advance.

Also thinking about grabbing MH:U and SM3DW. How much is MH:U these days?

It's an actual disc that contains both games!
MH:U has been $30 for a few times, not sure about BD!

Which TV?

My bad, it's actually a 50 inch TV. Toshiba 50L5300UC if I remember correctly, for $499.99. Would've considered it but the only reviews I could find suggest the color calibration sucks, and my current TV (incidentally a Toshiba 40") is fine, aside from being a little small. I'm happy to wait another year to see if 4k displays come down enough in price to bother getting one.

Sober

Memory Express deals are gone. Was gonna grab a Fractal R4 and the Kingston HyperX SSD, but those deals are so gone.

Since there's no i5 sales at all, the i7-4770K for $305 at CC seems like a good deal. Was thinking of pairing it with 16GB RAM, 2x8 Corsair Vegeance LP for $140. (Feel like 16GB might be overkill right now though.)

Do those seem like good deals to PC-GAF up in this thread? Thinking of picking those up in-store tomorrow. If they don't sell the fuck out right quick.

4770k is perfectly fine, seems like a pretty decent price. 16GB is a bit overkill but if you are running 3D modelling apps it seems fine anyway. If you are just gaming you don't need stuff like hyperthreading on the 4770k anyway (but you do so, yeah). 8GB is again plenty of gaming but more for productivity stuff is always better. Also make sure if you are buying RAM buy them as 2*XGB for dual channel on your mobo.

SSD will be the biggest upgrade though if you've never had one as well.

Richardbro

Neo Member
Some nice boxing day deals from futureshop and bestbuy, Wii U bundles are $250, Zelda Wind Waker HD is $29.99 and Mario 3D World is $39.99, I snagged 3D world online at futureshop.

IndustryX

Got myself my next 3 years of Ps plus for 94 bucks at the source online store, looks like a sleep in tomorrow for this guy :) enjoy the boxing day crowds for those who are going to stores.

Amazon.ca's REAL Boxing Day deals are up. That 55" TV's going fast. They also have PS+ cards for $29.99, in case you need another place to get them from (haha thanks Walmart), but I think that's it for gaming-related stuff.

Me? I bought a PAPER SHREDDER. Clearly I know how to do Boxing Day right.

bought the canon eos t3i dslr for $299. it's selling for $389 on bb/fs.

Endy MacK

Amazon is charging tax on PS+ cards? I thought they weren't supposed to?

I just ordered two PS+ cards from Amazon and came here to post this as well. I don't think they are allowed to do that. However, on the confirmation page it does say "estimated" HST. I will wait and see what actually gets charged to my card.

stix zadinia

Neo Member
Well, went to best buy to get a ps4. They said they were going to have a few for sale so I figure I'd try my luck. Get down there, sold out. Ask buddy if they had any left, he tells me they never had a single ps4 to sell to begin with. But oh boy did they have enough xbones. Had to have atleast 10 maybe more available. Craziness.

Magnus

Fucking bullshit on PS Plus cards in store. Best Buy and FS are saying it's a different SKU and not pricematching their own site.

Ridiculous.

FYI: plenty of Zeldas still around in store. Lol. Nabbed one!

Teletraan1

Banned
Fucking bullshit on PS Plus cards in store. Best Buy and FS are saying it's a different SKU and not pricematching their own site.

Ridiculous.

Just got back from the store and confirm this. Would not price match or do anything for me on this. Total bullshit. I almost cancelled my entire order with them out of spite. Just ordered it on Amazon.ca instead.

kennah

Memory Express deals are gone. Was gonna grab a Fractal R4 and the Kingston HyperX SSD, but those deals are so gone.

Since there's no i5 sales at all, the i7-4770K for $305 at CC seems like a good deal. Was thinking of pairing it with 16GB RAM, 2x8 Corsair Vegeance LP for $140. (Feel like 16GB might be overkill right now though.)

Do those seem like good deals to PC-GAF up in this thread? Thinking of picking those up in-store tomorrow. If they don't sell the fuck out right quick.
I wouldn't bother. 16 gig is overkill and $140 isn't a good price to jump on. You can get 16 gig for $125 frequently throughout the year. And unless you need it for video editing the 4770k isn't worth the $100 premium over the 4670k anyway. As well you might ge a kind American gaffer to send us one of their $250 ones (also a fairly common deal)

Zing

Banned
I live literally next door to the mall, so I am going to walk over there for fun after breakfast. There are a few used games I want to pick up from EB.

Magnus

Man of Steel Blu is $12.50 at HMV. That...might be the best price on it?

Also, all their 2 for 20's are $15 instead. (25% off your total order under the 2 for 20 deal)

bs000

Got me some pillows and PS+. Thinking of getting a Wii U bundle and then I'd be done. Did I miss anything good? Any TV recommendations?

iphys

I wound up getting the Star Trek original series from Cineplex. $23 for season 1 or 2 on DVD, or $30 for season 3 on Blu-ray. I used to have them all recorded on Betamax at one point, but then the machine eventually broke because Sony used plastic gears in it that wore out, lol.

Conceptor

Thanks for the pillow deal isny, I've joined the rest of you in pillowgaf

Sad that the Fractal R4 sold out so fast.. would have been a nice pickup. NCIX won't PM that either ;_;

It was a rather easy boxing day for me. There were no real big lines at the FS and BB I went to. I was in and out with friends rather quickly actually. Even my one friend who purchased a large TV, was out of that section in 10 minutes.

Ridiculous.

I was out with some friends earlier doing some Boxing day shopping, My friend wanted to get in on the PS+ card. They noticed the different sku so they just took $10 off of two of his items for the price match. There was no real fuss from them either.

trixx

I don't know what i should buy. Kind of want Mario 3d world rayman legends and the mic but at the same time I don't want to buy anything.

Dissapointed by lack of 3ds sales just going to give my one to my brother

stix zadinia

Neo Member
They've been on the site randomly. Just keep checking this thread, if found in stock people do post here. Usually.

If you want a guaranteed purchase, amazon.ca has a pre-order for the Jan 15 release date.
Wish i could use amazon. Got a best buy giftcard however, only way i can afford it lol. Stuck with bestbuy

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Is Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate for the 3DS worth $14.99? I played the demo and mildly enjoyed it, but I was wondering if it's even worth picking up. I'm not really interested in the other 3DS games on sale at Best Buy since I've played/own most of the ones on sale =/.

Also - is it worth picking up Donkey Kong Country Returns for $29.99 if I've already played and beat it on the Wii? AFAIK there's not much new in this version right?

Magnus

I thought tax shifted from the PSN store to retail/the purchase of the credit?

I don't think tax was added to my last couple of PSN purchases.

Should I be outraged by amazon having charged me tax for those plus subs? I don't even know.

Megasoum

Banned
I thought tax shifted from the PSN store to retail/the purchase of the credit?

I don't think tax was added to my last couple of PSN purchases.

Should I be outraged by amazon having charged me tax for those plus subs? I don't even know.

PSN still charges me taxes last time I tried for sure.

I think it makes sense to charge taxes on PS+ cards since...well...you're buying something.

What really sucks is paying taxes on point cards since PSN will still charge you taxes on your PSN purchases so you basically pay taxes twice. That's a fucking ripoff.

Top Bottom