• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

kitzkozan

Just ordered the James bond boxset off MTF price matters ($78). There's a special 20% off the discounted price so it's time to order while there's stock. :^] I think the 20% discount is valid on almost everything, including video games.

vulva

Went to the source, dudes there didn't know ps+ was on sale until I told them. Then they all promptly bought their own cards.

L Thammy

Wtf? There are people lining up at EB?

There's sales on most of the year's big games, Disney Infinity figures, PlayStation 3 controllers, etc. Could be for any reason. I guess. Nothing seems particularly outstanding.

Looking for a gamepad for PC, what's my cheapest (non-terrible) option?

Any TorontoGAFers seen how Target in Centrepoint is like? I'll try to get Weegee, Dream Team, 3D World (those two to refund an earlier sale I got them from), and maybe NSMB2.

And hopefully bump into surprise clearance stuff. But the real treat is Montana's for my Christmas dinner via a lovely gift card I got! :D

But I do think I've blown a load (ahem) on so much this month, like:

Super Mario 3D World $50
Mario & Luigi Dream Team $25
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D $20
Shin Megami Tensei 4 $30
Batman Arkham Origins Wii U $30
Mario & Sonic Sochi $30
Wii Party U $30
Super Mario Galaxy Nintendo Selects $15

= $230 (or take away $15 for 3D World and $10 for Dream Team if I get them at Target), so $205)

A bit much?

I think I'll return Batman since that could likely be uber cheap at some point being not a Nintendo published game. SMTIV is too high-profile to do so I would think.

hupla

Any TorontoGAFers seen how Target in Centrepoint is like? I'll try to get Weegee, Dream Team, 3D World (those two to refund an earlier sale I got them from), and maybe NSMB2.

And hopefully bump into surprise clearance stuff. But the real treat is Montana's for my Christmas dinner via a lovely gift card I got! :D

I was thinking of heading down to centerpoint for luigis mansion but didnt wanna head down in the crazy. So hey if you end up going down post if they have any

Does it come with a Club Nintendo code? I'll definitely grab it if that's the case (need to catch up before LoS2 and I need coins for the Luigi statue)
It was supposed to be worth 40 coins, but mine didn't include a code, and supposedly they didn't include them for anyone in Canada. I tried contacting Club Nintendo and Konami, and they never did anything to get the coins added for me.
Mine only came with a Konami code too... I didn't bother calling Nintendo about it because I didn't expect it'd be worth my time...

To see what the line is about?
Maybe the flying pig will come by... unless it's a line up for a free pork dinner....

i didnt wake up early or anything as i hate fighting with crowds

went into target at around noon and got a copy of 3d world for 35 bucks. would have grabbed nsmb2 as well for 15 but they were sold out of all the 3ds games

all in all fairly happy

whitehawk

Banned
grabbed 2 PS+ cards from the source in store. tempted to buy one more, even though I'm already covered until December 2016.

there were tons of them in stock at Gerard square Toronto.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
grabbed 2 PS+ cards from the source in store. tempted to buy one more, even though I'm already covered until December 2016.

Eh you live nearby? And you skipped the meet up? For shaaaaaame!

I'll go see if any are there and maybe cancel the online order. No rush I guess.

Edit: two per customer. Pfft. Well at least it'll stop hoarders somewhat.

Jinto

Did you have any problems redeeming the card? I'm still having problems with mine. I've been able to download other stuff on psn just fine. Maybe I'm just being impatient, but this is frustrating.

IndustryX

Is there anywhere that would price match the mk7 for 15 bucks? No targets near me..
Only want that and fire emblem and my 3ds library is where I want it.

whitehawk

Banned
Did you have any problems redeeming the card? I'm still having problems with mine. I've been able to download other stuff on psn just fine. Maybe I'm just being impatient, but this is frustrating.
Haven't gotten home yet. I'll let you know if it works though.

Got 2 MK7's for $15, tales of xillia for 20, and Rayman legends for 15. Not too bad. Still raw I missed out on Rocksmith for 159, I've been wanting that forever.

Sober

There's sales on most of the year's big games, Disney Infinity figures, PlayStation 3 controllers, etc. Could be for any reason. I guess. Nothing seems particularly outstanding.

Looking for a gamepad for PC, what's my cheapest (non-terrible) option?
Cheapest is finding a third party controller, but those are generally shit and I don't know how they work with the windows drivers for the 360 controller. I guess if you have a DS3 you can try the third-party drivers someone wrote for those but I'm not sure in that department.

If you want a X360 controller for the PC, you can try scouring your local WalMarts to see if they still carry the Windows branded ones (red package, most of them are the white ones) or just buy any old wired 360 controller (they will likely be black) and download the drivers from the internet. Neither of those will have the 'new' D-pad that are switchable. That or wait for the XBONE controller to get PC drivers (and maybe come packaged with the charging/data cable).

The charging cable for the XBONE controller carries data this time around, right?

torontoml

Has cineplex stopped offering the movie pass? The movies are still on sale but the movie pass isn't added to my cart like it did yesterday.

Edit: guess I miss understood how it worked, I can't combine movies less than $15 to get the pass, just single movies over $15.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
What are the chances of me being able to buy Dream Team if I go to Target in an hour? (going to finish work at 7pm)

khaaan

Today ended up being such a flop in terms of gaming. All I ended up with is the last copy of Wind Waker HD from Futureshop, turns out my memory of that game is a lot more pleasant than the actual experience. Still, not a bad deal. Wal-mart was sold out of PS+ cards and the three different EB Games I went to had a weaksauce collection of used games.

On the plus side it looked like there were a lot of good deals on clothing. I think I'm going to head out again tomorrow to grab some shirts.

Top Bottom