• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Sora_N

All I bought were two blurays from cineplex and a sweater at banana republic. I didnt bother lining up at EB or anything.

Might buy another movie or two and that's it.

Was able to get Rayman at Walmart for $15, Wii Party U at FS (only $19 after some leftover gift card I had), and Deus Ex Director's Cut for $20 at EB. Everything I wanted so it turned out to be an okay Boxing Day for me.

kitzkozan

looking for a copy of TLoU or Beyond, Shoppers Drug Mart has both @ $19

Was anyone able to price match it anywhere else?

Yes, at Wal Mart in my case. I'm not even sure if it's possible to find the Last of us in a SDM / Pharmaprix. :p

Otherwise, it was a fairly low key Boxing day and I'm at peace with it. Tried to get a 1 year PS+ card and there seems to be a fuck up with the system so I wasn't able to buy one more year of plus even if they had lot's of cards left (at Wal Mart and the Source). I got Mario & Luigi dream team, The Last of Us for $20 and Terminator bluray (remastered).

My best move is getting the James Bond 50th anniversary boxset from price matter for $78. They had a 4 hours window where there was an extra 20% discount off everything (from 1 pm to 4 pm pacific time).

Jinto

Just woke up from a short nap. This was the best thing about boxing day.

However...at least I can have some fun posting a pillow deal!!!

Walmart has a two pack of Serta pillows for $9.97 with free shipping! Can be purchased in store or online.

"The Special Purchase Two Pack Pillow is made by Sertapedic. It provides a soft and durable Microfiber fabric cover and is suitable for all sleeping positions. It is Hypoallergenic and offers a 100% Polyester Fill."

• 20" x 28" Jumbo
  • Soft and Durable Microfiber Fabric Cover
  • Hypoallergenic
  • 100% Polyester Fill
  • Suitable for all sleeping types

Large_.jpeg

The Source is still taking orders for this? Even Amazon.ca ran out. I hope The Source fulfills all of these orders.
I guess so, they are still listed as "In Stock" on their site.

I ordered mine last night though, right when it went live. (I'm assuming.) They've already charged my card, they just haven't sent me a shipping notice yet.

isny

napkin dispenser
Just woke up from a short nap. This was the best thing about boxing day.

Did you use the pillows for said nap? How many Luigi's would you rate them?

Also, totally agree, they were the best thing to come out of boxing day!

ohlawd

I already ordered the pillows so I'm patiently waiting.

That said 20 by 28 is huge isn't it? The pillows I'm currently using are 15 by 20 or something, just eyeballing it.

Jinto

I did. I needed new pillows anyway. I only slept for about an hour. I'm no pillow expert, but they felt comfy to me. Not too thin. Not too fluffy. For the price, it's a solid 4/5.

That said 20 by 28 is huge isn't it?

Yep.

Dorygrant

Just found out now about the 20 dollar Last of Us deal at SDM >_>

Apparantly you could have price matched at Wal-Mart too...

Probably not gonna be that cheap again will it :p

Those looking to PM The Last of Us and Beyond tomorrow won't have luck, the SDM Boxing Day sale was just the 26th only. So no dice if you try tomorrow unless they don't notice.

Also, are the PS+ cards on sale tomorrow (27th) at The Source and RCSS or where all the PS+ deals today only? I grabbed one on Amazon Canada, but I wouldn't mind grabbing another if I find one.

My Future Shop order shipped today too! I picked up Sonic Lost World and Injustice, both for Wii U, $56 with tax.

I am going to try PM the 3DS games Target had on sale at Wal Mart and TRU tomorrow. I pretty much avoided the stores today since I got the things I wanted most online.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Vita charging cradle is $10 on amazon.ca. Now to find a $15+ item for free shipping...

Got Weegee via price match at Walmart, but it nearly hit a snag since the Target flyer isn't perfectly clear about which ones are which price.

WM finally shipped my pillows! And I noticed this,

Wow. Hopefully no one will pick up my pillow.

Nah, you'll just find someone sleeping at your front door.

Sheik

Is there any good 23.6" / 24" computer monitor sales around? I've looked at NCIX and FS/BB but haven't seen anything that impressive. I would have bought the HP 24WD that's on sale for $99 at FS/BB but it's sold out.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Lexxism

I didn't even know Vita had a charging cradle....On another note I just realized I could have used Ebates toward my pillow purchase. DAMN IT!

This made my regret what I did earlier. Ordered a Pikmin 3 while there's still stock left at amazon but totally forgot the 4% cashback. Cancelled my order even though it's being processed just to get the 4% cashback. Now, my order is still not being processed.

Nah, you'll just find someone sleeping at your front door.

I hope so!

DJ_Lae

Pillows are tempting but I need something a little firmer and these $5 ones are probably similar to what my inlaws have us on - as in they're about as comfortable as resting your head on a folded t-shirt.

Still, $5. I could make my wife's family use them when they come up to visit.

i-Jest

Pillows are tempting but I need something a little firmer and these $5 ones are probably similar to what my inlaws have us on - as in they're about as comfortable as resting your head on a folded t-shirt.

Revenge is sweet in it's own discrete way.

Roto13

I'd like to get that Vita charging cradle but I don't want to pay for shipping or spend any more money. (I've spent enough.)

Oh well. Maybe next time.

DJ_Lae

I want one of these City Slicker vita cases....Anyone find them cheaper? http://www.sfbags.com/products/ps-vita-cases/ps-vita-cases.php

That's a nice looking little case, but you're right, not $49 nice. I did some peeking at Crumpler figurin they might have something (everything is 50% off I think) but there is nothing that would fit the Vita that isn't too bulky.

Shame. Will have to peek around, though, I'd totally use one of those City Slicker ones if it was cheap enough.

isny

napkin dispenser

Do eet! You must have the hostage special! (bonus points if you know where the quote is from!)

Tried to get a 1 year PS+ card and there seems to be a fuck up with the system so I wasn't able to buy one more year of plus even if they had lot's of cards left (at Wal Mart and the Source).

This happened at the Walmart in my city, except I was able to talk them into selling me the $50 psn card for $29 instead. Lol I bought four, put them in my drawer and now I await the next PSN special ($10 bux back or 12 months + 6 free). Holy shit I am a cheap bugger.

This happened at the Walmart in my city, except I was able to talk them into selling me the $50 psn card for $29 instead. Lol I bought four, put them in my drawer and now I await the next PSN special ($10 bux back or 12 months + 6 free). Holy shit I am a cheap bugger.

im doing the same thing. we're all cags

Roto13

I'd like to get that Vita charging cradle but I don't want to pay for shipping or spend any more money. (I've spent enough.)

Oh well. Maybe next time.

Screw it, I've been drinking, I'm buying it and Crosswords Plus and the Hyperbole and a Half book.

Top Bottom