• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
MGS5 for PS3 is available now and the discount is applied:
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...428&path=284d68388786fba6f72d06f8a1ecf7f7en02

Though I don't know if many people here besides me cares about the PS3 version...

Thanks!

I'm still anxious to see the difference between the PS3 and PS4 versions, but seeing that I probably won't have a PS4 by the time the game comes out and I'll really want to play it, I pre-ordered the PS3 version.

Worse case, I'll return it if the PS3 version turns out to be horrible in comparison.

Well, so far this is my list - although I may bite on a few Wii U titles as well Driveclub once / if it shows up.

Destiny (PlayStation 4)
Witcher 3 The Wild Hunt (PlayStation 4)
Mirros Edge 2 (PlayStation 4)

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PlayStation 4)
inFamous Second Son (PlayStation 4)
Killzone Shadow Fall (PlayStation 4)

Thief (PlayStation 4)
D4 (Xbox One)
Sunset Overdrive (Xbox One)

Ryse Son of Rome (Xbox One) - Day 1 Edition1
Halo (Xbox One)
Battlefield 4 (Xbox One)

Titanfall (Xbox One)
Quantum Break (Xbox One)
Crimson Dragon (Xbox One)

Forza 5 (Xbox One) - Day 1 Edition
Call Of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One)
Dead Rising 3 (Xbox One) - Day 1 Edition

Watch Dogs (PlayStation 4)
Need For Speed Rivals (PlayStation 4)
Starwars Battlefront (PlayStation 4) - they didn't have a listing for the Xbox One version

Wheeew! I need to take a breather after that!

I'll more than likely hold off on MGS5 as I usually try to get Limited Edition versions of Kojima titles. I'll be getting it on PS4 though as I will for most offline, 3rd party titles.

[edit 3 more!]

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Nintendo Wii U)
Super Mario 3d World (Nintendo Wii U)
Bayonetta 2 (Nintendo Wii U)

...and 12 more bringing my grand total to 36. Stick a fork in me!

Pikmin 3 (Nintendo Wii U)
Tom Clancys The Division (PlayStation 4)
The Order 1886 (PlayStation 4)

Beyond: Two Souls Special Edition (PlayStation 3)
The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker HD (Nintendo Wii U)
Wonderful 101 (Nintendo Wii U)

Deep Down (PlayStation 4)
Driveclub (PlayStation 4)
Super Luigi U (Nintendo Wii U)

Gran Turismo 6 (PlayStation 3)
Splinter Cell Blacklist (PlayStation 4)
Final Fantasy XV (PlayStation 4)

I gotta say though, this is a killer deal with little to no risk for the buyer. Normally I wouldn't even consider this heafty of a pre-order purchase but I know that, in the space of a year to 16 months, I easily purchase this many games. I can always decide to return the ones that I'm not interested in as of launch.

Thank you Futureshop!

Palehorse

But I'm anti social and I don't want to leave my house!

Yeah I'll see how it goes tomorrow with the shipment lol.

Have you gotten your ship notice yet? My order still not updated, but a buddy who preordered yesterday got his ship notice this morning. I preordered June 12, 2012 and mine is still In Progress.

Luigi87

Final E3 Pre-order Madness damage

PlayStation 4 - $451.99
Batman: Arkham Origins (PS3) - $45.19
Super Smash Bros. 3DS - $30.13
Super Smash Bros. Wii U - $45.19
Final Fantasy XV (PS4) - $45.19
Kingdom Hearts III (PS4) - $45.19
Metal Gear Solid V (PS4) - $45.19
Watch_Dogs (PS4) - $45.19
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - $30.13
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD - $45.19
Tales of Xillia - $45.19
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - $30.13
Pokemon Y - $30.13
________

$934.01

Total savings of: $241.05
... so glad I have a job now <_<

Grimsen

thanks for the MGS5 heads up.

Wolfenstein was also added.

Made another order with those two and The Division.

Also, my 39.99 TLOU is in my grubby hands right now.

J-Man

Ok, I think I'm done with orders during this sale. Here is my list:

Order #1 - The Last of US (PS3), Beyond: Two Souls (PS3) & Star Wars 1313 (PS3)
Order #2 - Tales of Xillia (PS3), Watch_Dogs (PS4) & The Last Guardian (PS3)
Order #3 - Metal Gear Solid V (PS4), Final Fantasy XV (PS4) & The Dark Sorcerer (PS4)
Order #4 - Knack (PS4), InFamous: Second Son (PS4) & The Order 1818 (PS4)
Order #5 - Assassin's Creed IV (PS4), Lightning Returns FFXIII (PS3) & The Witcher 3 (PS4)

That's a pretty big list of games. There is some stuff in there I'm less interested in, so those orders may be cancelled. There is some other stuff not ordered I could be interested in (Splinter Cell, The Bureau, etc) but I decided that those could probably wait until price drops as the above will probably take up all my time (and other stuff I already had preordered like GTAV).

Fularu

Banned
I'm honestly curious... Why are people ordering "The order"? We know fuck all about the game beyond a "in engine" cut scene

Just game padding? Or the willingness to try new games because they're just 40$?

I'm honestly curious... Why are people ordering "The order"? We know fuck all about the game beyond a "in engine" cut scene

Just game padding? Or the willingness to try new games because they're just 40$?

Because it probably comes out so far in the future :p

btkadams

Ok, I think I'm done with orders during this sale. Here is my list:

Order #1 - The Last of US (PS3), Beyond: Two Souls (PS3) & Star Wars 1313 (PS3)
Order #2 - Tales of Xillia (PS3), Watch_Dogs (PS4) & The Last Guardian (PS3)
Order #3 - Metal Gear Solid V (PS4), Final Fantasy XV (PS4) & The Dark Sorcerer (PS4)
Order #4 - Knack (PS4), InFamous: Second Son (PS4) & The Order 1818 (PS4)
Order #5 - Assassin's Creed IV (PS4), Lightning Returns FFXIII (PS3) & The Witcher 3 (PS4)

That's a pretty big list of games. There is some stuff in there I'm less interested in, so those orders may be cancelled. There is some other stuff not ordered I could be interested in (Splinter Cell, The Bureau, etc) but I decided that those could probably wait until price drops as the above will probably take up all my time (and other stuff I already had preordered like GTAV).

the dark sorcerer is just a tech demo, so i don't think there will actually be a game out of that. also, star wars 1313 is on indefinite hiatus, no? lucasarts closed, so the project is likely dead, otherwise i feel like it would have been re-announced at e3, like battlefront. i suppose it could still eventually come out though. i'm betting it won't be on ps3 if that's the case.

Grimsen

I skipped it as well, but it's not like it's a huge commitment for 20$ off on release day. If the game ends up looking bad you can just return it.

J-Man

the dark sorcerer is just a tech demo, so i don't think there will actually be a game out of that. also, star wars 1313 is on indefinite hiatus, no? lucasarts closed, so the project is likely dead, otherwise i feel like it would have been re-announced at e3, like battlefront. i suppose it could still eventually come out though. i'm betting it won't be on ps3 if that's the case.

Yea, those games probably won't ship, but it helps keep the orders separate (and if they do, good, I guess).

I put it in because if it ends up good I keep it at $40, and if it doesn't look good, I can return it w/o opening or cancel the order and still get the other two games at $40 each.

krae_man

Heavy Rain was just a tech demo at the start.

Tik-Tok

so I haven't really been paying much attention to this, but is there any reason to do this at futureshop instead of Best Buy so I can get the reward zone points?

I was going to skip it, but Ready at Dawn and Santa Monica Studio is enough of a assurance for me that it will be worth my $40.

Gerbs

Neo Member
so I haven't really been paying much attention to this, but is there any reason to do this at futureshop instead of Best Buy so I can get the reward zone points?

The discount is the same, at best buy you get points (1600 = $20.00) but at future shop you get a reduced purchase price in the amount of $20.00 (both assuming you get 3 games minimum.) Future shop is the better deal IMO.

jet1911

I've never preordered games before... or consoles for that matter.

I think the PS4 and the $20 off per game has put me over the edge.

Is it a problem that some might not be released for a long time? Do they bill me when I checkout or when the games ship?

When the game ships.

I've never preordered games before... or consoles for that matter.

I think the PS4 and the $20 off per game has put me over the edge.

Is it a problem that some might not be released for a long time? Do they bill me when I checkout or when the games ship?

They bill you upon shipping.

beta_fuse

I placed 4 orders but now I'm worried that delivery will not arrive on the game's release date. If I call and change my order to in-store pickup, do you think it should be ready for day 1?

MercuryLS

Banned
If I don't get the $50 off headset code, can someone be a doll and hook me up if you aren't going to use yours? I used the tsilon $20 code, so I'm not sure if I'm going to get that offer.

HoJu

If I want to cancel a preorder for one game, do I have to cancel the whole order?
I can cancel each game separately?

Gerbs

Neo Member
If I want to cancel a preorder for one game, do I have to cancel the whole order?

AFAIK you'd have to cancel the whole order. Better to let the game(s) you don't want ship to you, and then return in store.

I blew at least $2000 on games and consoles this week and I am supposed to be getting married next year, if things go right. Fuck!

Well actually I haven't paid for anything nor do I have anything in hand but I know that they are on their way, LOL.

If I have an order where I just really want two games, I go with 3. Two games that I want that will come out near the start of the PS4 or at least before the third one (that should come out in a long time), making it ok to cancel.

I would also think that it is safe to use games like Dark Sorcerer as filler since they will never come out.

Which list are you talking about?

Futureshop E3 list, what else! =) Did not think to precise sorry, the thread turned into a Futureshop E3 deal topic haha.

Top Bottom