• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Futureshop E3 list, what else! =)

Here is a list of the launch games for Xbox One and PS4. Most likely ones.

Xbox One

Ryse
Forza
Mine Craft
Dead Rising 3
Kinnect Sports Rivals

PS4

Killzone: ShadowFall
Drive Club
Knack
The Witness
Warframe

Both

WatchDogs
Assassins Creed 4
NBA2K14
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty Ghost
NBA Live
Fifa 14
Need for Speed: Rivals
Madden 25

Thread here

kikanny

Quick question. Since each game will be releasing at different times, will they charge the whole order when the first game ships or charge the price of each game as each one is shipped? Thanks!

Quick question. Since each game will be releasing at different times, will they charge the whole order when the first game ships or charge the price of each game as each one is shipped? Thanks!

Each one as they are shipped.

Thanks! However, I was more curious about the ones that will take the longest before coming out.

In that case, why don't you order Kingdom Hearts? I know that it isn't going to be out any time soon.

The thing is, even if you do order something, why can't you just return it if you don't want it?

Each one as they are shipped.

In that case, why don't you order Kingdom Hearts? I know that it isn't going to be out any time soon.

The thing is, even if you do order something, why can't you just return it if you don't want it?

Yea I bet KH3 might win on that list! And yes I guess I could just return it, just seems like less of an hassle to be able to cancel online.

Well, I think that there is a Futureshop close to my university, I could probably go there in down times. I have a feeling that the customer service people will know me by the time I will have returned all that I have to. I am uncertain about keeping a lot of what I ordered haha.

Tea I bet KH3 might win on that list! And yes I guess I could just return it, just seems like less of an hassle to be able to cancel online.

Well, I think that there is a Futureshop close to my university, I could probably go there in down times. I have a feeling that the customer service people will know me by the time I will have returned all that I have to. I am uncertain about keeping a lot of what I ordered haha.

You ordered something, you don't want it, you haven't opened it. Nothing wrong in returning it.

Magnus

If Bestbuy's doing the same sale, any reason to favor one over the other?

edit-

Oh, their version of the sale is getting 4800 RZ points ($60 worth) instead of actually getting $60 off?

Fuck THAT

ElNino

If Bestbuy's doing the same sale, any reason to favor one over the other?
You mean the e3 pre-order sale? In this case it is going through FS and getting $20 off the game upfront as opposed to BB giving $20 worth of RZ points for you to use later. Not much of a difference considering most will use the RZ points eventually, but getting money off up front is usually preferred.

astonish

Awww f' you guys! Given that you can cancel before they ship and you can always return a sealed copy I figured $40/game is totally worth it given the easy out... so in addition to my PS4 preorder from amazon.ca I grabbed the following from FS:

• Shin Magemi Tensei IV (3DS)
  • Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
  • Beyond: Two Souls (PS3)
  • FFX/X-2 HD (PS3)
  • GTA 5 (360)
  • watch_dawgz (PS4)
  • Destiny (PS4)
  • MGS V (PS4)

Was tempted to throw The Division and maybe NFS:Rivals (as something for the launch window) but after the bill crept over $300 I pulled the trigger.

Haines

Banned
After I placed my FutureShop e3 order I got this email....

Hi Jessica, We have received your order, and we're working hard to get it to you as soon as we can. To keep you up to date on what's happening with your order, you will receive two additional emails: one to let you know when the order is being processed with our shipping facilities, and another to notify you when it's on its way. Please note that your credit card will not be charged until your order has been shipped.

I havent recieved another and if I got my "account" it doesnt show any orders. Is this normal? Do preorders just not show up til release? I ordered 10 games to save 170.00 and I want to make sure this went through. Is there any good customer service I should check with?

khaaan

Tea I bet KH3 might win on that list! And yes I guess I could just return it, just seems like less of an hassle to be able to cancel online.

I think KH3 will easily win that bet. It's a pre-rendered trailer for a game from Square Enix that people really want and it just reached "Now in Development" status.
I'm also not expecting Versus until at least holiday of next year. It's one of the reasons I pre-ordered both of them, I know I won't have to decide whether I'm ready to get a PS4 until they come out.

After I placed my FutureShop e3 order I got this email....

Hi Jessica, We have received your order, and we're working hard to get it to you as soon as we can. To keep you up to date on what's happening with your order, you will receive two additional emails: one to let you know when the order is being processed with our shipping facilities, and another to notify you when it's on its way. Please note that your credit card will not be charged until your order has been shipped.

I havent recieved another and if I got my "account" it doesnt show any orders. Is this normal? Do preorders just not show up til release? I ordered 10 games to save 170.00 and I want to make sure this went through. Is there any good customer service I should check with?

You got the first normal e-mail. Your next e-mail will be when they ship the first game available in your order. On the website, you should see your order but might get an error message if you try to look at it too quickly after placing it.

Magnus

You mean the e3 pre-order sale? In this case it is going through FS and getting $20 off the game upfront as opposed to BB giving $20 worth of RZ points for you to use later. Not much of a difference considering most will use the RZ points eventually, but getting money off up front is usually preferred.

Well yeah! I can't spend RZ points somewhere else. That's lunacy.

Since this sale happens every year, I'm just going to preorder a bunch that I know are likely to come out before next E3. PS4 launch window stuff and the rest of the year's big 3DS/PS3/WiiU stuff.

Super Mario 3D World for $39 is a no-brainer. It won't be that price until like, 2016.

snack

tumblr_mobkurLKNJ1qkxtxso1_400.gif

Heads up: if you took advantage of last year's Tsilon E3 promo to pre-order Beyond: Two Souls, you may want to consider cancelling that order and adding it to one of your Future Shop E3 orders from this year; it looks like there's now a Special Edition version for the same price that includes a steelbook and an exclusive mission (of sorts) for the same price. I don't know if older pre-orders were automatically upgraded to the Special Edition or not, since it's the only version FS has for sale right now, but if you're paranoid about not getting the extra stuff, now's the time.

Madouu

This was going to push me to get Game & Wario but I see it's out of stock along with rayman legends.

Else, I got a shit ton of stuff preordered... 15 games and I was going to order twice as much but luckily I still have a tiny bit of self control left.

astonish

I was planning on picking up a 3DS XL today for a trip I'm taking. Planned to use my PC points towards it at superstore and the woman at Superstore told be to come back tomorrow because its a No Tax weekend... synergy!

SaitoH

Preorder complete:

Daylight
Batman: Arkham Origins
Dark souls 2
final fantasy lightning returns
Final Fantasy X X2 HD Remaster
Gran Turismo 6
Driveclub
Final Fantasy XV
Deep Down
The Evil Within
Metal Gear Solid V
Tearaway
assassin's creed IV
Watch Dogs
infamous second son
Killzone Shadowfall
Mirror's edge 2
The order 1886
Witcher 3
South Park Stick of truth
Beyond: Two Souls
GTA 5
Puppeteer
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
Tales of Xilla
Dragon's crown

=D

Forgive me for the dumb question, as I've never had a game shipped to my house. If no one happens to be home day of, what happens then?

Tola

Neo Member
Heads up: if you took advantage of last year's Tsilon E3 promo to pre-order Beyond: Two Souls, you may want to consider cancelling that order and adding it to one of your Future Shop E3 orders from this year; it looks like there's now a Special Edition version for the same price that includes a steelbook and an exclusive mission (of sorts) for the same price. I don't know if older pre-orders were automatically upgraded to the Special Edition or not, since it's the only version FS has for sale right now, but if you're paranoid about not getting the extra stuff, now's the time.

I asked @FS_Gamer about that but they said you would be get the special edition as well. Not sure if I can trust that 100% though, so I ordered it again anyway.

Forgive me for the dumb question, as I've never had a game shipped to my house. If no one happens to be home day of, what happens then?

Unless they've changed their policy (or change it in the future), Future Shop and Best Buy both label their video game packages "Do Not Drop Ship." If you're not home, you'll likely get a Canada Post slip telling you to pick up your game at a nearby post office.

They leave my games in my mail box. (I take the free delivery)

Out of my last 50 orders, they knocked maybe twice. Maybe the postmen in Quebec are lazy and don't want to write up the pick-up card.

Tola

Neo Member
Finished my pre-orders and it's just over $900 after taxes:

inFamous Second Son
Watch Dogs
Killzone Shadow Fall
Pikmin 3
Beyond Two Souls
Wonderful 101
Zelda Wind Waker HD
Zelda 3DS
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Super Smash Bros for Wii U
Professor Layton
Wii U X
Bayonetta 2
MGSV
Division
Destiny
Order 1886
Batman AO
Dragon's Crown
AC4

krae_man

If it will fit in your mailbox, they will leave it there. If it won't, you'll have to pick it up at your local postal outlet.

Tola

Neo Member
They leave my games in my mail box. (I take the free delivery)

Out of my last 50 orders, they knocked maybe twice. Maybe the postmen in Quebec are lazy and don't want to write up the pick-up card.

They usually leave games that will fit in the mailbox and whatever doesn't fit will get sent to the closest post office.

Noahd41

Neo Member
My final FS list looks like this:

PS4:
Killzone
Infamous: SS
Watch Dogs
The Division
Metal Gear Solid 5
Destiny

and PS3:
GTA 5

Wish I could have got in on The Last of Us though....

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS)
  • Super Smash Bros 4 (3DS)
  • Puppeteer (PS3)

Plus as a bonus, I bought a used copy of Bayonetta for the PS3 at BestBuy.

Noahd41

Neo Member
I caved and added COD Ghosts and BF4 PS4 in case I feel like playing them and reviews are good, otherwise those will be returns.

zeitgeist

Ended up getting more than I expected.

South Park
FFXIV
FFXV
Dark Souls 2
BD: FF
Mario and Luigi Dream Team
Yoshis Island (might return it when it ships if it gets bad reviews)
SSB 3DS

Don't plan on getting a PS4 any time soon but maybe when FFXV launches I will grab it.

Magnus

Guys, if you just want to play The Last of Us and don't care about keeping it long term after beating it, there's a great deal at Gamestop/EB.

Preorder there, and you can trade it back in when you're done for the full $60 minus $1/per day you kept it. Most people will finish in under like 3 days. Boom. $3 Last of Us.

fak:

Tales of Xillia
Watch Dogs
Killzone Mercenary
Pokemon Y
Bravely Default
X
Smash Bros Wii U
Kingdom Hearts 3
Wonderful 101
Donkey Kong Country WiiU
Bayonetta 2
3D Mario World
Final Fantasy X HD
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD
Tearaway
Metal Gear Solid V
Final Fantasy XV
Destiny
Zelda: Wind Waker HD
The Evil Within
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Batman: Arkham Origins
Mario Kart 8

bryehn

I'm in the hole $300 on games that come out before October (CC expires in Sept, so iFS won't let me order beyond that), plus I pre-ordered both consoles and I need a new TV and soundbar.

Anyone need some blood? Sperm? Old t-shirts? I gotta get some scratch together, yo.

I don't actually own a Wii U yet, and I don't plan on buying one until mid-late 2014, but I pre ordered smash, mario kart, donkey kong and mario since I figured those would all maintain their price tag for the longest (20 dollars off a first party Nintendo game at launch is unheard of).

For me, those four games will be my launch lineup for the Wii U :D

btkadams

posting lists? FUN.

Yoshi's Land
Tearaway
Yoshi's Island
The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker HD
Sonic Lost Worlds
The Division
The Witcher 3
Donkey Kong
Super Mario 3D World
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Collection
The Last Guardian
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
Super Smash Bros 3DS
Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
Mario Kart 8
The Legend of Zelda
X
Mirror's Edge 2
Star Wars Battlefront
The Order: 1886
Infamous: Second Son
Destiny
Super Smash Bros Wii U
Final Fantasy XV
Metal Gear Solid V
Kingdom Hearts 3
The Last of Us
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Pikmin 3
Dragon's Crown
Super Luigi U
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix Collection
Puppeteer
GTA5
Killzone Mercenary
Pokemon X
Pokemon Y
Dualshock 4 Controller
Playstation 4 Camera
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty Ghosts
Need for Speed Rivals
Drive Club
PS4 System

total: $2,144.99 with tax included

DEFINITELY going to be returning/cancelling some, as i pretty much ordered anything i had a remote interest in, just in case.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
PSA: If you card expires before the 12/31/13 date or whatever, just change the expiry date of your card so that your system accepts it and then modify the order when you get your new card.

Top Bottom