• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

frequency

They also have the email storehelp@cineplex.com. I shot one there yesterday although no response yet. Last time I contacted Cineplex through email (although about a movie ticket, not the web store) they got back to me after 1 month. :lol

Now I am sad.

I'll send an email to both and hope for the best I guess. I really don't want to phone again.

I'm mostly frustrated with myself for being dumb and ordering multiple things we already owned. I got too caught up in the shopping frenzy. Missing Admit One Pass I would have just let go. Not worth the 2+ hours of waiting on the phone for. But since I have to contact them again anyway about the refund (over a week waiting now)...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow, the PSN Canada class action thing finally came back. I don't even remember what I asked for, but apparently they just gave me Medieval Moves. Well, why not. lol

Gadirok

Wow, the PSN Canada class action thing finally came back. I don't even remember what I asked for, but apparently they just gave me Medieval Moves. Well, why not. lol

I got dead Nation and I'm bitter about it because I was supposed to receive Super Stardust HD as well.

I was entitled to 2 because I completely ignored the "Welcome back" program in 2011 and I really couldn't care less at the time.

I guess its better than nothing, but considering I bought all the other games a while back for full price, I was hoping to save a few bucks on the game I actually wanted which was Stardust HD.

Either way, I would have whined if I got one and didn't get the other. Because I could never settle between buying one of these games ever. On one hand I own the PSP version of stardust, and the Vita game Super Stardust Delta. And I've really enjoyed Resogun. I should be supporting these guys but didn't shoot for the original Stardust HD because I was worried it would be more of the same and I should spend it on something else. And I have no clue what Dead Nation is besides the fact that its made by HouseMarque as well.

Ugh. I can't believe I'm bitter over getting something that I shouldn't be getting in the first place.

Sober

woah these pillows are soft as fuck.

let's see how well I sleep tonight.
Dang I couldn't get any but when I was browsing in store I saw the firm Sertapedia pillows and I think they feel just right. Ten bucks for a pillow still ain't bad.

Gadirok

I've got like 3 years of plus accrued. I was being a little facetious :p

I thought the PS+ 3 month thing only worked for new subscribers. That's why I didn't pick it in the first place.

Darn. Now I missed out twice on the $30 for a year of PS+ and this. Good thing I still got 37 days trial on PS+ that I haven't used fromy my PS4, though it won't last me very long

I thought the PS+ 3 month thing only worked for new subscribers. That's why I didn't pick it in the first place.

Darn. Now I missed out twice on the $30 for a year of PS+ and this. Good thing I still got 37 days trial on PS+ that I haven't used fromy my PS4, though it won't last me very long
That might be the case. No big deal if so, I'll give it away or something. I already had the games they were offering as the other option, so I figured I'd try the plus deal.

Jinto

Speaking of couriers, I was supposed to have a package delivered to me by Fedex today. I just checked the tracking info and it says it was delivered this morning at 11. It wasn't. At least not here. I checked the proof of delivery online and it was signed for by someone I don't even know. I called them up and they said they would follow up with the driver tomorrow. So frustrating.

Jinto

I think I should have ordered some of those pillows now. I feel left out.

They're really good value for the price. I bought 3 pairs on boxing day. Just checked online. Can't believe they're all sold out. There was so many in store when I got them.

UberTag

With all of the Canada GAF raving, I sort of feel like seeking out some of these pillows at a regular non-sale price just to see what all of the fuss is about.

kitzkozan

I'm tickled to have gotten Wipeout. Came as a combo with the vita version and Fury.

I was surprised to see the code waiting in my mail box. :^] It was a longshot, but happy that it paid off. I do not remember the last time wipeout HD/Fury has been discounted and I almost did end up buying the combo when I took part in those spend X get Y promo. :p

Roto13

I really wish I had filled out the form. I want Wipeout on my main PSN account so I can have the DLC for Wipeout 2048.

Bastards expecting me to send paper in the mail like some kind of cave person.

zroid

Banned
I really wish I had filled out the form. I want Wipeout on my main PSN account so I can have the DLC for Wipeout 2048.

Bastards expecting me to send paper in the mail like some kind of cave person.

I actually printed it out but then got lazy :(

tbf the "compensation" offered wasn't really worth it for me anyway

Nakho

Hi there mates!

Simple question: does anyone know if you have to give your old phone back when you get a new one through the phone replacement plan at Best Buy? Thanks in advance!

Not sure if this is old news, but EB Games' website currently has Wi-Fi PS Vita's on sale for $169.99. No game included.

I don't know if this also applies to prices in-store.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
It sorta depends on the delivery person as well. My old UPS guy was cool, but the new one literally tosses packages at doors.

One time I buzzed to let him in and before I could even open my door, he dropped my parcel (with a huge thud) and ducked out the side door. Next time that happens, I'm filing a complaint.
I hate when they do that. When I worked from home, something similar happened. I was at my computer and saw, through a mirror, that someone was on my balcony and heard a noise. I expected a package so I went to open the door. The package was on my doorstep, and the delivery bloke was climbing down the stairs. He looked up sharply and was all "oh, I knocked, didn't hear anyone". Flat out LIED to my face, because not only he didn't knock (the way my computer is setup I am very close to the door), he certainly didn't wait long enough for someone to answer, since I went to the door as soon as I saw movement on my balcony. "No you didn't!" I screamed back but he was already hurriedly fucking off.

Things like that happen pretty often too. :mad:

I only had one issue with UPS. I was at home all day waiting for my package which was scheduled to be delivered that day. Nobody showed up and I get a tracking update saying attempted delivery (bullshit) and that it had been dropped off at some random computer store for pickup. Guy probably didn't want to drive here and just left the package there to begin with. I let them return that shit back to Amazon.
Wow that's even worse. What an asshole, I hope you complained.

I got 3 of 4 Cineplex movies yesterday, all had the pass with them. Not sure why the fourth didn't come as well, they all shipped the same day. I'll wait a day or two before I start becoming paranoid haha.

Cactus

Banned
I haven't received any mail for three business days, even though I've been expecting my GST cheque and a bunch of stuff from Cineplex...

I haven't received any mail for three business days, even though I've been expecting my GST cheque and a bunch of stuff from Cineplex...

I've been having issues with my mail too. They must be seriously backed up and getting an answer out of them hasn't exactly been fruitful yet. I've been losing mail since mid/late December.

Chatin

I had a package shipped from the states mid-Dec that has tracking claiming it was delivered, but I never got a thing. A few cards I sent early on in Dec didn't make it from Edmonton to Charlottetown until yesterday, while cards I mailed across the US on the same day managed to make it before Christmas. I don't know what Canada Post has been smoking this past month.

I've got a quick Cineplex question, I'm not sure if anyone here can answer. I got shipping notices for all of my orders on the same day (four of them). I received three of them yesterday, but not the fourth. I went to the webstie to check on my orders, and it says the status is shipped on it, but beside the item it says backordered (it's the oly on of the four I ordered that says this). Do you think they physically shipped a copy for me out, or do you think it's backordered and for some reason they still say shipped?

I have absolutely no problem waiting if it is backordered, I just don't want it to be lost in the mail. It's weird that three of four got to me.

I had a package shipped from the states mid-Dec that has tracking claiming it was delivered, but I never got a thing. A few cards I sent early on in Dec didn't make it from Edmonton to Charlottetown until yesterday, while cards I mailed across the US on the same day managed to make it before Christmas. I don't know what Canada Post has been smoking this past month.

Well, tracking claiming something has been delivered when it hasn't isn't anything new with them. There's even a note about it in Amazon's help pages. I can't remember the reason, but I'm sure Canada Post's help section would say.

How long ago did it say it was delivered? If it's just a day or two it might still show up, longer than 4 days and you might want to start to worry.

I've got a quick Cineplex question, I'm not sure if anyone here can answer. I got shipping notices for all of my orders on the same day (four of them). I received three of them yesterday, but not the fourth. I went to the webstie to check on my orders, and it says the status is shipped on it, but beside the item it says backordered (it's the oly on of the four I ordered that says this). Do you think they physically shipped a copy for me out, or do you think it's backordered and for some reason they still say shipped?

I have absolutely no problem waiting if it is backordered, I just don't want it to be lost in the mail. It's weird that three of four got to me.

I just checked my orders for you. Three of them have shipped and of those three, two now say the item is backordered. You probably just got the last one they had in stock and it's a general stock reading in the orders. I'm still missing one shipped package (which has a backordered disc) but I did get one of the discs now listed as backordered this afternoon.

You'll probably get it in a day or two. I had two packages ship 45 minutes apart (according to the time of the email notices) and one came Friday, the other didn't show up until today (Tuesday), so who knows what's going on with them.

evanmisha

Last year I was tracking a package, and on a Monday it said it was out for delivery. I get home from work that evening and find no mail waiting at home for me. Checked the tracking and it said 'attempted delivery' etc. The next day, I've got the day off work, and I wait around for the mail to come. Sure enough, through my mail slot comes the missed delivery slip (with no knock) dated the Monday, saying the package would be ready for pick-up Tuesday at 1 pm. Being that it was already 3, I headed down to the post office to get my package. They say it hasn't shown up yet. Fast forward to Friday, the package finally shows up at the Post Office. "These things happen", says the complaint line.

I just checked my orders for you. Three of them have shipped and of those three, two now say the item is backordered. You probably just got the last one they had in stock and it's a general stock reading in the orders. I'm still missing one shipped package (which has a backordered disc) but I did get one of the discs now listed as backordered this afternoon.

You'll probably get it in a day or two. I had two packages ship 45 minutes apart (according to the time of the email notices) and one came Friday, the other didn't show up until today (Tuesday), so who knows what's going on with them.

Thanks for checking! I'll keep on the lookout.

With the weather out East I'd be surprised if anything was being shipped in a timely manner.

One exception was my EB order that shipped from Ontario Friday and arrived in BC on Monday.

I received a whole bunch of blu-rays from Cineplex today. Most of them had the pass. A few didn't. The packing slip didn't list the pass either. I suppose they will be or have been shipped separately.

I didn't expect the deal to end when it did; I probably would have gotten more blu-rays otherwise ^_^.

whitehawk

Banned
Has anyone been able to find a PS4 recently? Trying to get one from Best Buy, but it's a rather annoying process. There's no waiting list, you just have to call in and hope they have it. Problem is, they never answer the damn phone.

Does anyone here know if you preorder a game from Ebgames.ca, and the price increases after you make your order, whether they'll still give you the lower price? I think amazon honours the lower price, but I'm not sure about ebgames.

I pre-ordered diablo 3 reaper of souls collector's edition for $79.99 (I can't really afford it, but the release date isn't till march and I'm holding out hope that I might be able to save enough money for it), but when I look at the page the price increased to $84.99 now. My order history still shows it at $79.99.

Top Bottom