• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Lexxism

Just got a $20 off $60 purchase for Shoppers. Really wish they sold Vita memory cards :/

What? You got one? I still haven't got anything. What day is that for? They do sell memory cards but you're going a have time looking for one. I think 16gb is the biggest I can find.

What? You got one? I still haven't got anything. What day is that for? They do sell memory cards but you're going a have time looking for one. I think 16gb is the biggest I can find.
I got it in the mail. They send me physical deals via snail mail every 3 months or so because I apparently buy a lot of stuff there. It's good until February 3.

MesH

Just wanted to post a quick Hello post, finally got approved to post. Just wanted to say Thank you fellow canadian Gaffers. Froms following this groud I have gome away with some great gaming deals the 2-3 months, and bought some things I probably wouldnt have bought i.e. price matched the WiiU zelda bundle at Toysrus and got it for 189.99. Also got in on the Uplay thing and got AC4, The seasons Pass, and Just Dance 2014 for PS4.

Thank you and Happy New Year

PSN MesH_Iversen
Xbox Live MesH Iversen

P.S. I also have a PS4 and Xbone and live in Edmonton, AB. So any Fellow Canadian Gaffers feel free to add me.

flkraven

Just wanted to post a quick Hello post, finally got approved to post. Just wanted to say Thank you fellow canadian Gaffers. Froms following this groud I have gome away with some great gaming deals the 2-3 months, and bought some things I probably wouldnt have bought i.e. price matched the WiiU zelda bundle at Toysrus and got it for 189.99. Also got in on the Uplay thing and got AC4, The seasons Pass, and Just Dance 2014 for PS4.

PSN MesH_Iversen
Xbox Live MesH Iversen

P.S. I also have a PS4 and Xbone and live in Edmonton, AB. So any Fellow Canadian Gaffers feel free to add me.

Welcome! Us Canadians really know how to sniff out a deal, huh? I think it's because everything is so god damn expensive that it's nearly impossible to buy things full price. I'll try and remember to add you to XBL when I get home.

PSN MesH_Iversen
Xbox Live MesH Iversen

Welcome aboard and happy new year :)
A fellow Albertan here, I'll add you on PSN since I rarely play ok XBL!

Not much of a deal but still one regardless. Game Centre downtown toronto has all next gen titles on sale for $10 off ($49.99) Don't know how long that'll last but I noticed it today when I went in to do some trades.

khaaan

Anyone know where I can pre-order Final Fantasy X/X2 HD Vita? No one seems to have it listed, keep on getting the PS3 version.

lupinko

For VancouverGAF if you still want Olympic Friends you can get 4 for $10 at gastownphoto in waterfront centre. I bought them again since I lost my gift set in a move last year. They're bigger than the gift set. And yeah they're coming with me to Japan.

Dazzler

Vancouver transit isn't the place to play Tearaway on Vita. Game asks you to take far too many photos and there's no way to turn the shutter sound off

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Vancouver transit isn't the place to play Tearaway on Vita. Game asks you to take far too many photos and there's no way to turn the shutter sound off

"HEY YOU CREEP DID YOU TAKE A PICTURE OF ME"

"no... well... yes... but the game told me to!"

jet1911

Hey guys, just subscribed for a free month of Netflix and I'd like to know if there's a way to get access to the US Netflix for free? I've searched around a bit but I saw a lot of paying solution that looked a bit scammy. Maybe they're not but I just wanted to ask you guys first. I don't understand why I'm so late to the Netflix bandwaggon though, that thing is amazing :eek:

Hey guys, just subscribed for a free month of Netflix and I'd like to know if there's a way to get access to the US Netflix for free? I've searched around a bit but I saw a lot of paying solution that looked a bit scammy. Maybe they're not but I just wanted to ask you guys first. I don't understand why I'm so late to the Netflix bandwaggon though, that thing is amazing :eek:

If you are watching on your PC and you use Chrome. You can use the Media Hint extension. Works great!! and free.

Kagey K

Banned
If you are watching on your PC and you use Chrome. You can use the Media Hint extension. Works great!! and free.

Media hint is best for PC the 5/month unblock us is best for Xbox/ps/wil/iOS and android. Unblock us also lets you switch between regions not just US and is very much worth the 5/month. Every region has some amazing exclusive content.

Canada/Sweden have the better newer movie selection, while us and uk have a deep tv selection. The only thing is that Sweden and Mexico usually have forced subtitles that you can't make disappear.

1st post on Gaf even though I have lurked since the 360/ps3 launch.

Parapraxis

My buddy changes his DNS and watches US Neflix, he's in Halifax, he watches it on his PS3.

Code:
DNS codes to connect to American Netflix from outside the US (for things like troops serving in the US military)
 changed multiple times over the past few months, but here are updated ones:

{"dns1":"109.123.111.24","dns2":"192.95.16.109"}

and

{"dns1":"109.123.111.24","dns2":"190.14.36.90"}

I also use media hint btw, works for HULU as well.

As it goes with these sorts of extensions, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, usually they can keep up with the blocking though.

Media hint is best for PC the 5/month unblock us is best for Xbox/ps/wil/iOS and android. Unblock us also lets you switch between regions not just US and is very much worth the 5/month. Every region has some amazing exclusive content.

Canada/Sweden have the better newer movie selection, while us and uk have a deep tv selection. The only thing is that Sweden and Mexico usually have forced subtitles that you can't make disappear.

Thanks for offering a solution with your first post! Welcome aboard!

Kagey K

Banned
Thanks for offering a solution with your first post! Welcome aboard!

No problem, I have been lurking long enough to know what is expected. I should also say that unblock us has a free week trial, so you can sign up and try it out to see if it's your cup of tea.

The only ones that you have to switch through are Sweden/Uk/Canada/USA/Mexico

The rest are redundant. Uk/Ireland are the same. Sweden/Denmark/Norway/Finland are the same. Mexico/Brazil are the same.

The Netherlands is new and there is not much there to report.

I'd suggest take one night and not watch anything during the trial just to see what is on what region, and then decide if it is right for you. Also go to off topic community and find the Netflix recommendation topic. It is very well updated and great for opinions and discussion.

I can't link it on mobile right now.

Sora_N

This is a totally random question, but I'm looking for Hunter Boot Welly Socks (Short and Moss Cable Cuff design or something like that). I only see them listed at Nordstrom's website but the $17 shipping and $8 duties brings it to a cost of $65, total BS.

I'm looking for about $50 after shipping or so. If anyone knows where/how I can get some that would be great.

Cheerilee

And... he's banned.

Everyone gets banned.

Jinto

This is a totally random question, but I'm looking for Hunter Boot Welly Socks (Short and Moss Cable Cuff design or something like that). I only see them listed at Nordstrom's website but the $17 shipping and $8 duties brings it to a cost of $65, total BS.

I'm looking for about $50 after shipping or so. If anyone knows where/how I can get some that would be great.

Try checking your local shoe stores. If not, I have a friend who works at a shoe place. They definitely have them there, and she can get them at discount. I can get her to grab you a pair and ship them to you if you'd like?

big_z

just a heads up if you entered the win ever hour pepsi/doritos contest. they are still selecting winners, im guessing its for the re-draws. I got the call this morning.

lupinko

I think I should invest in unblockus to continue using Netflix in Japan, since mediahint only allows me to use the US netflix and lately with all the competition in the US with streaming service, the Canadian netflix actually has a better selection which is debatable but I digress. I like having options though and I'd like to watch on my iPad and/or console since mediahint is only limited to computer browsers.

Unless it's out for tablets now too which I don't know about.

Sora_N

Try checking your local shoe stores. If not, I have a friend who works at a shoe place. They definitely have them there, and she can get them at discount. I can get her to grab you a pair and ship them to you if you'd like?

I'll take a look around first I guess but these particular ones look unavailable in Canada.

Thanks!

Mikey Jr.

I think I should invest in unblockus to continue using Netflix in Japan, since mediahint only allows me to use the US netflix and lately with all the competition in the US with streaming service, the Canadian netflix actually has a better selection which is debatable but I digress. I like having options though and I'd like to watch on my iPad and/or console since mediahint is only limited to computer browsers.

Unless it's out for tablets now too which I don't know about.

https://hola.org/

I use this. Works for me.

Maddog

My sister recently bought these at this store http://www.northbynorthwest.ca/. Not sure what their shipping rates are like but she bought them in person.

In other news after four days of no mail delivery I finally got my GST cheque and Cineplex shipped my backordered Christopher Nolan collection. Yay for me.

Cactus

Banned
My sister recently bought these at this store http://www.northbynorthwest.ca/. Not sure what their shipping rates are like but she bought them in person.

In other news after four days of no mail delivery I finally got my GST cheque and Cineplex shipped my backordered Christopher Nolan collection. Yay for me

Ditto. My Battle Royale Collector's Edition and two of my tickets came.

I'm just waiting on two DVDs (only one has been shipped) and one ticket.

isny

napkin dispenser
Wii points cards $9.xx for $20 at Stooples. YMMV. This is in store clearance. The location I went to that had a bunch was in Ottawa. If you're in Ottawa and want some, PM me and I'll tell you which store it is.

Wii, not Wii-U.

Wii points cards $9.xx for $20 at Stooples. YMMV. This is in store clearance. The location I went to that had a bunch was in Ottawa. If you're in Ottawa and want some, PM me and I'll tell you which store it is.

Wii, not Wii-U.

Oooh, I've been meaning to get Pokemon Ranch (wanna get my own Mew). And whatever else.

isny

napkin dispenser
I almost picked up a couple of those, but then figured why bother getting anything USB2.0 at this point.

True. I needed one for school as I seem to have lost the one I used last year, so it was a good deal for something the prof may lose anyway. If I get it back, great, if not, I'm only out ten bucks.

Wii, not Wii-U.

So to clarify, the Wii U and 3DS shops now use a unified currency pool, but Wii Points are still separate? Never mind, they won't. Wonder if there's anything worth buying on the Wii eShop. Probably not much...

isny

napkin dispenser
So to clarify, the Wii U and 3DS shops now use a unified currency pool, but Wii Points are still separate? Never mind, they won't. Wonder if there's anything worth buying on the Wii eShop. Probably not much...

N64 games. SNES games that will eventually be upgraded to Wii U VC games.

Top Bottom