• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Does anyone here know if you preorder a game from Ebgames.ca, and the price increases after you make your order, whether they'll still give you the lower price? I think amazon honours the lower price, but I'm not sure about ebgames.

I pre-ordered diablo 3 reaper of souls collector's edition for $79.99 (I can't really afford it, but the release date isn't till march and I'm holding out hope that I might be able to save enough money for it), but when I look at the page the price increased to $84.99 now. My order history still shows it at $79.99.

I think you will keep your price cause that's kinda a contract you signed with them when you put your order!

NCIX is pissing me off. Back before Xmas I bought a CPU+Motherboard in a bundle deal.

I got the CPU on December 24th but I am still waiting on the motherboard & I haven't gotten any update on it's status even tho I've asked 3 times.

It's a damn combo, if you don't have a part of the combo in stock then it's not in stock.

Urg!

Has anyone here ordered music gear from shop.ca? If so, where did it ship from? Ordered some gear on the 30th and could really use it for a show on the 24th but it hasn't shipped yet.

Maddog

Has anyone here ordered music gear from shop.ca? If so, where did it ship from? Ordered some gear on the 30th and could really use it for a show on the 24th but it hasn't shipped yet.

They use Cosmo Music who are in Richmond Hill

I'd say not really. If you can hold off a bit 3TB ones usually go for $100 every once and a while.

frequency

Cineplex is so terrible at this online store thing.

I called this morning about my cancelled orders. 6 cancelled. 3 were authorized and 3 were charged. They didn't approve the refund on the 3 charged until Monday even though I called on the 26th. But when we were confirming numbers we saw that the last representative had made a mistake with one of the order numbers. So now the process is starting all over again.

And I was told I had to contact PayPal myself to clear the Pending charges for the 3 that were authorized. The 3 that were charged are now being sent for refund approval again and will take 2 weeks.

Why is it so hard to cancel orders? No other online merchant has these issues. Are they doing all this by hand?
I feel like I'm so done with Cineplex. It was a great deal but this is just too much incompetence.

terrible

Banned
Cineplex is so terrible at this online store thing.

I called this morning about my cancelled orders. 6 cancelled. 3 were authorized and 3 were charged. They didn't approve the refund on the 3 charged until Monday even though I called on the 26th. But when we were confirming numbers we saw that the last representative had made a mistake with one of the order numbers. So now the process is starting all over again.

And I was told I had to contact PayPal myself to clear the Pending charges for the 3 that were authorized. The 3 that were charged are now being sent for refund approval again and will take 2 weeks.

Why is it so hard to cancel orders? No other online merchant has these issues. Are they doing all this by hand?
I feel like I'm so done with Cineplex. It was a great deal but this is just too much incompetence.

I made a typo on my shipping address on my first two orders (one letter was wrong) so I called right away and got them to fix it for me since there was no cancel option online. Of course when I actually get my movies I notice that the typo was still there. I'm lucky CP actually delivered.

It's hilarious that you can't cancel an online order online. The prices were really great and the shipping times are good but man lol.

Cactus

Banned
Another day with no mail delivery. I've been reading online that Canada Post is using the ice storm as an excuse as to why vacationing postal workers aren't being replaced. That's ridiculous. Expected packages and parcels aside, I haven't received my GST cheque yet, and I'm sure that there are many others forced to wait for more important items.

At the very least, those of us who were projected to be affected by this should have been contacted beforehand.

Sora_N

Gotta love CanadaPost. Got two of my movies. They were soggy from rain but somehow undamaged inside. Thanks for leaving it outside.

Endy MacK

Ugh, finally contacted Amazon regarding my two PS+ cards that apparently left their facility on Dec 27 via Canada Post. They were actually really great about getting back to me right away. The problem is they are just offering to refund my purchase, as it is apparently very difficult to trace a lost shipment, and they do not have any more cards in stock. I'm pretty disappointed by this, since I was out boxing day anyway and probably could have bought the cards at retail (and saved the tax). I've contacted them anyway to advise that I am willing to wait as long as it takes if they are willing to try and trace the shipment (isn't this the purpose of tracking numbers?)

No game deals in next week's Wal-Mart flyer.

Target has a $15 GC with a full-priced 3DS XL and $10 off a few first-party games (Animal Crossing, Donkey Kong, some of the Mario ones).

Tsundere

Banned
Ugh, finally contacted Amazon regarding my two PS+ cards that apparently left their facility on Dec 27 via Canada Post. They were actually really great about getting back to me right away. The problem is they are just offering to refund my purchase, as it is apparently very difficult to trace a lost shipment, and they do not have any more cards in stock. I'm pretty disappointed by this, since I was out boxing day anyway and probably could have bought the cards at retail (and saved the tax). I've contacted them anyway to advise that I am willing to wait as long as it takes if they are willing to try and trace the shipment (isn't this the purpose of tracking numbers?)

Ask them if you can take a raincheck on the cards, and contact them when they are back in stock.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Are we complaining about Canada Post? I ordered a jacket from Sears.ca and they threw it in the driveway yesterday.

kasane

Canada post time?

Yeah the tracking info said it was out for delivery yesterday, no delivery notice no anything, its still out for delivery.

Endy MacK

Ask them if you can take a raincheck on the cards, and contact them when they are back in stock.

Thanks, they just got back to me again to let me know the refund is already processed (I've actually been impressed by how quickly they respond). I took your advice, though, and I sent one last email asking if rain check is a possibility. If not - oh well, at least I tried!

Eight Cineplex orders, eight movie passes. But the ninth one just came in today and it's missing the pass. Not panicking yet, since I've heard a bunch of people got passes separately in the mail (and also because I have a couple of split orders due to some items being backordered) but I thought I'd mention it in case others were in the same boat.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Still no movie passes. Still no response to my email about some orders not having my scene card number. I really don't want to call because and wait 4 hours on the phone. :(

Also, the Uplay thing is happening again today if you didn't get a game the last few times they did it. This might be the last one? Or they might have one next week, I'm not sure.

Eight Cineplex orders, eight movie passes. But the ninth one just came in today and it's missing the pass. Not panicking yet, since I've heard a bunch of people got passes separately in the mail (and also because I have a couple of split orders due to some items being backordered) but I thought I'd mention it in case others were in the same boat.

I got Howl's Moving Castle yesterday without a pass, no mention of it in the packing slip either. However they already sent me two in the mail previously, so yeah who knows.

frequency

Still no movie passes. Still no response to my email about some orders not having my scene card number. I really don't want to call because and wait 4 hours on the phone. :(

Also, the Uplay thing is happening again today if you didn't get a game the last few times they did it. This might be the last one? Or they might have one next week, I'm not sure.

If you can call first thing in the morning, it's like 20-40 minute wait.

On your recent visit to Futureshop.ca you ordered Star Wars 1313. Due to reasons beyond our control, Star Wars 1313 will no longer be available – while the game was being created, Lucasarts was closed and the game is no longer in development. As such, we will be canceling the product from your order.

/Vadernoooooooo

Are we complaining about Canada Post? I ordered a jacket from Sears.ca and they threw it in the driveway yesterday.

Lmao, that's wonderful.

Wonder if I'll ever get the 2 copies of the Complete Breaking Bad on Bluray in the Barrel collector's edition that I ordered from Cineplex (one for my bro).

They said backordered and now my orders for them don't even list them in the product line descriptions, just the passes. One pass says shipped and the other payment settled.

http://imgur.com/y8SV8ia

http://imgur.com/Cf5XL87

I did get my Shield Complete Series delivered today (25$ amazing deal) that was backordered

Got my final Cineplex order, movie ticket included. Can't really complain, great deals and decent shipping times. Would order from them again!

-Deimos

And the uPlay thing is up!

It's still there but I can't redeem anything.

Nvm, it works.

If you are Uplay account holder, mail a 3x5 postcard entitled
“Alternate Means of Entry Uplay Units” to Ubisoft Inc. 625 3rd
Street San Francisco, CA 94107 Attention:
Pranay Desai, at least ninety-six (96) hours prior to the Competition Period, to receive 100 Uplay Units.
Postcard must include your full name, the email address associated with your Uplay account and your
Uplay username. 100 Uplay Units will be sent to the Uplay account associated with the email address and
username listed on the postcard. You may send up to 6 postcards per Uplay account. Sponsor is not
responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due requests,
which will not be honored.

Haha, wut.

I still have an extra PS+ card that was shipped to me by mistake. I could take it back, but I can pass along the savings to anyone who missed out on it. I believe I was charged tax though so it's $35. PM me if your interested.

timnich

Are we complaining about Canada Post? I was off 2 days on vacation, expecting a few things to arrive from Amazon. No mail both days, same thing for my neighbor. Check tracking online...2 attempted deliveries. WTF Canada Post? There was no sight of my mailman for 2 days!

Ryne

Okay CanadaGaf, got a question (not gaming, so off-topic).

I bought my girlfriend a Nexus 7 for christmas, and she wants to take it around with her. I was looking at The Ridge by Devicewear, but I want to find a place that is in Canada so I can avoid import fees. Any suggestions?

I'm even open to other suggestions for Nexus 7 cases

Roto13

They brought it back for a couple of weeks!

I seriously do not see it at all. I log in and go to "gifts" and only see the old one.

EDIT: When to uplay.com instead of uplay.ubi.com and it worked kinda (Jesus, Ubisoft) but it looks like they're out of keys already. :p Oh well.

stolin

Just to clarify: I keep everything else the same, and I just call my home mailbox a PO box? I don't need to go out and actually get a PO box?

Why, how does that work? Instead of putting your room number in the address field, you put it in the PO Box field? I'd almost want to try that, if I wasn't afraid of losing a package. lol

Yup right at the end of Address Line 1, I put "P.O. Box 123".

Now it looks like "123 My Street, P.O. Box 123"

snack

Okay CanadaGaf, got a question (not gaming, so off-topic).

I bought my girlfriend a Nexus 7 for christmas, and she wants to take it around with her. I was looking at The Ridge by Devicewear, but I want to find a place that is in Canada so I can avoid import fees. Any suggestions?

I'm even open to other suggestions for Nexus 7 cases

If you are from Vancouver, you can sign up for an American mailbox here and have the item shipped to you like that.

http://www.mbistore.com

Pickup is at Blaine, Washington. Very close to the border.

Gotta love CanadaPost. Got two of my movies. They were soggy from rain but somehow undamaged inside. Thanks for leaving it outside.

they're being bitter. first, e-mails totally made snail mail obsolete. then ups and fedex are dominating the package business. now, amazon is experimenting on using drones to deliver packages.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yup right at the end of Address Line 1, I put "P.O. Box 123".

Now it looks like "123 My Street, P.O. Box 123"
Oh weird, so Amazon will think it's a PO Box and use Canada Post, but Canada Post will treat it as a normal unit number and deliver it normally?

I seriously do not see it at all. I log in and go to "gifts" and only see the old one.

EDIT: When to uplay.com instead of uplay.ubi.com and it worked kinda (Jesus, Ubisoft) but it looks like they're out of keys already. :p Oh well.
Yeah, all the PS4 keys were gone before I made the thread and then all the Xbone keys were gone. They even ran out of Just Dance. lol

Jinto

Turns out FedEx delivered my universal game cases to the wrong house on Monday. An elderly man was kind enough to bring them to my house earlier today from the other end of the block. I'm glad I finally got them, but sheesh. At least their call center was nice though, which is more than I can say for UPS. They at least seemed to care that it was missing in the first place.

I love these game cases for my retro games tho. Makes everything so much easier not having loose carts around. Gonna make covers for them tomorrow. Too bad it costs so much to bring them here.

Top Bottom