• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

MercuryLS

Banned
I'm selling my extra 1 yr PS plus code for $25. Only thing is you have to use it right away to test if it actually works, since I've had problems redeeming codes in the past. Don't wanna sell something that doesn't work. Let me know if anyone's interested.

Sending PM now.

Got Rayman Legends for Vita and Mario Tennis 3DS reserved at FS, hopefully I'll have the time tomorrow to pick them up! So many deals I've lost because of my always busy Sunday schedule :(

khaaan

Wow, considering how many times I have heard their stupid jingle over the years, I can't believe I didn't think of Sleep Country Canada. Guess jingles don't work.

I'm thinking 300-400 for the mattress itself and I don't plan on getting a box spring.

Definitely check em out, you should be able to get a mattress for that much unless you're going for a really big one. It's worth noting that you can negotiate with the seller so you might be able to pull a deal. If you don't mind, some stores will also be clearing out their floor units and you can buy those for a significantly reduced price. On the flip side, they'll try to sell you a tonne of additional junk during the purchasing process. Insurance, credit loan, bed sheets and pillows. They also charge for shipping.

Got Rayman Legends for Vita and Mario Tennis 3DS reserved at FS, hopefully I'll have the time tomorrow to pick them up! So many deals I've lost because of my always busy Sunday schedule :(

Lucky :(
Rayman Legends was gone by the time I tried getting it. If any kind gaffer can find an extra copy of it I would be willing to pay cost + shipping.

Lucky :(
Rayman Legends was gone by the time I tried getting it. If any kind gaffer can find an extra copy of it I would be willing to pay cost + shipping.

Where do you live? I asked for another copy to be reserved, if they fulfill it I'll ask you for the address and then you can paypal me the money :)

iLLmAtlc

hey guys not sure if posted but ACIV Limited Edition is on clearance at 49.97 at FS for all consoles:

XV10mo7.jpg

http://www.futureshop.ca/Search/Sea...14314b86bb581f8en20&query=assassin's+creed+iv

still showing stock for most of the greater vancouver area.

isny

napkin dispenser
I know we talk about pillows a lot so I thought I would ask here since it is somewhat related...

Anyone have suggestions on where to get a mattress/bed frame for a reasonable price?
Am I crazy for thinking there might be somewhere that will do free delivery? So far I find that Sears has some good ones on sale but delivery is $70 bucks.

To keep it sort of on topic: I plan to play video games on my bed.

I recently paid $189.99 for a queen at Sears (which included a $20 coupon.) Total with shipping and tax was $293.73.

Just keep your eyes open, there are deals to be had.

oh yeah isny, never got to thank you for the pillow deal.

I'm a weird fuck who can't sleep without hugging something so these pillows are like a gift from heaven. Unfortunately they're the softest thing I'll ever hug in my life but whatever them's the brakes.

Glad to have helped out! Pillow GAF really is best GAF.

Anyone in Toronto have a copy of Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity on PS2 they'd be willing to let go for a couple of bucks (and a spare controller)? Just the disc is fine.

IllumiNate

Can anyone recommend any wireless 180.11ac routers that I can use with Shaw?
Would it need a coaxle cable input? Or would It just need to be connected through Ethernet cable to the shaw modem?
Being that my Shaw modem is also wireless but has a poor signal that cuts out. Would i even be able to have a second wireless signal? From say a new asus wireless router?

TheClair

Neo Member
Can anyone recommend any wireless 180.11ac routers that I can use with Shaw?
Would it need a coaxle cable input? Or would I just need to connected through Ethernet cable to the shaw modem?
Being that my Shaw modem is also wireless but has a poor signal that cuts out. Would i even be able to have a second wireless signal? From say a new asus wireless router?

I'm looking at using the asus u68 or the linksys 6900. I've heard excellent things about both.

You connect the router to the modem via an Ethernet cable. You can turn the modem's wireless off and switch it into bridge mode.

You can leave the modem wireless enabled but you'll want to move the new router into the dmz and ensure that the router and modem are not transmitting on the same channel.

IllumiNate

I'm looking at using the asus u68 or the linksys 6900. I've heard excellent things about both.

You connect the router to the modem via an Ethernet cable. You can turn the modem's wireless off and switch it into bridge mode.

You can leave the modem wireless enabled but you'll want to move the new router into the dmz and ensure that the router and modem are not transmitting on the same channel.

Thanks! I was unaware of there being a switch on the shaw modem to turn wifi off? I'm at work right now so I'm unable to check.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
You will need to call Shaw and have them bridge your modem when you hook a separate router up to it.

Asus makes some nice routers. I can't recall the model I bought but it in the $90-120 price range. Black wedge looking piece that stand upright (sorry not near my router right now to get the model number).

Brought in Killzone Shadowfall to Future shop on tuesday and it was only 30 bucks, I sad forget it and kept it.

$30 is not too bad but still you might try to get a bit more on Kijiji!

I got an extra copy of Rayman Legends for Vita and willing to give it for cost for any fellow gaffer!
I had it listed at the BST thread here, if you want it let me know!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I know we talk about pillows a lot so I thought I would ask here since it is somewhat related...

Anyone have suggestions on where to get a mattress/bed frame for a reasonable price?
Am I crazy for thinking there might be somewhere that will do free delivery? So far I find that Sears has some good ones on sale but delivery is $70 bucks.

To keep it sort of on topic: I plan to play video games on my bed.

You really can`t go wrong with IKEA. I bought a nice bedframe with headrest for $250 and a $500 mattress approved by the Canadian Physiotherapy Association. There were $300 and $400 mattresses which felt comfortable too but I believe in spending a little extra to get better quality for things which will be used for a long time.

Delivery is around $50-$60, I forget the exact amount.

FrsDvl

$30 is not too bad but still you might try to get a bit more on Kijiji!

I got an extra copy of Rayman Legends for Vita and willing to give it for cost for any fellow gaffer!
I had it listed at the BST thread here, if you want it let me know!

If you're not in a rush and can hold on to it till Saturday, I'd be interested!

Kalren

You really can`t go wrong with IKEA. I bought a nice bedframe with headrest for $250 and a $500 mattress approved by the Canadian Physiotherapy Association. There were $300 and $400 mattresses which felt comfortable too but I believe in spending a little extra to get better quality for things which will be used for a long time.

Delivery is around $50-$60, I forget the exact amount.

I'm going to second the Ikea option for beds. I bought my frame and mattress(non pillow-top model) from Ikea and have been very happy with it. I was previously sleeping on a very pricey Pillow-top mattress that over the years crapped out.

Indrew

Neo Member
Bravely Default comes out on a Friday. If I pre-ordered it online, and wanted to get it delivered to my door on release day, which retailer should I choose?

FrsDvl

Bravely Default comes out on a Friday. If I pre-ordered it online, and wanted to get it delivered to my door on release day, which retailer should I choose?

Depends where you live! If you live near either Richmond or Mississauga, Bestbuy or Futureshop would be alright probably.

Indrew

Neo Member
Amazon probably.

Any reason you cant go to the store and just buy it though?

I guess it's just easier because of my work day... but if it's not a guarantee, I don't have any excuse not to go to a store on the weekend. There's just something about coming home to a new game!

Depends where you live! If you live near either Richmond or Mississauga, Bestbuy or Futureshop would be alright probably.

I live in Ottawa. Deliveries from those guys usually take the extra day. Although I have received a game from bestbuy a day early. That must be rare.

Thanks!

Luigi87

Not sure if posted, but learned today at my Target at least, Wii Fit Plus is being clearanced out (went End of Life).
$10 (this is with the balance board)

Also got my ACIV: Black Flag LE, so yay.

Mikey Jr.

I guess it's just easier because of my work day... but if it's not a guarantee, I don't have any excuse not to go to a store on the weekend. There's just something about coming home to a new game!

I live in Ottawa. Deliveries from those guys usually take the extra day. Although I have received a game from bestbuy a day early. That must be rare.

Thanks!

Yeah, if it was any other day, I wouldnt worry. But a Friday release is pushing it. They dont deliver on the weekend, so if they miss it, you would probably get it on Monday afternoon. I say dont risk it, and just buy the game at the store.

isny

napkin dispenser
Anyone for an iphone 4s 32gb before I sell it elsewhere? Will ship free anywhere in Canada. Just PM me!

Also, bump for Ottawa GAF meetup this weekend. For more details, see here.

From my personal experience, certainly not Amazon. I pre-ordered Dragon's Crown from them and received it a week and a half after release. Really nice. -_- On the other hand, my A Link Between Worlds pre-order from EB Games arrived right on release day (which was also a Friday); I was quite happy.

Take this anecdotal evidence as you will.

KJA

Not sure if posted, but learned today at my Target at least, Wii Fit Plus is being clearanced out (went End of Life).
$10 (this is with the balance board)

Also got my ACIV: Black Flag LE, so yay.

I would definitely give Wii Fit a try again for ten bucks, if I could ever find it in stock.

I saw it being put on clearance at my local Target for around $35 to $50 a couple of months ago but I don't think it was worth picking it up again at that price.

Seik

Banned
I don't know if that applies to all futureshops, but I just bought Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+ and Lumines both on Vita for $9,99 and $1,99 respectively.

Killer deal, if you ask me. :D

Does anyone have any impressions of this LG TV?

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/product/lg-electronics-lg-50-1080p-120-hz-led-hdtv-50ln5310-50ln5320/10273689.aspx?path=05620aa56e7f3875b8a9338abc656bcaen02

Or can anyone recommend something comparable. I could maybe stretch an extra hundred or so on the price
Man i have a very very similar LG tv same size, 1080p 120 he, I can't recall if it's the same model (but I payed a similar price a year ago). And it is excellent. Like amazing, ps4 looks amazing, really really great tv at a great price. I think I bought it from futureshop aswell.

Dazzler

Man i have a very very similar LG tv same size, 1080p 120 he, I can't recall if it's the same model (but I payed a similar price a year ago). And it is excellent. Like amazing, ps4 looks amazing, really really great tv at a great price. I think I bought it from futureshop aswell.

SOLD

thank you

koopas

I don't know if that applies to all futureshops, but I just bought Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+ and Lumines both on Vita for $9,99 and $1,99 respectively.

Killer deal, if you ask me. :D
Nice I just bought uncharted there for $9.99

The sales clerk tried to talk me out of it however, "just get ps plus" he told me. I told him sorry - I like to own games not rent them.

*crosses arms*

Top Bottom