• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Well, Futureshop refuses to all me to checkout. I've been trying since yesterday. Do they not want my $900 in preorders?

1. Try ordering them separately (groups of 3).
2. Check your address on credit card. It may be an old address or a new one.
3. Check postal code and confirm its in their system. If not, change one number at the end.
4. Check your credit card expiry date. Some games may have a release date of 2015 and your card may be getting expired by then.

Are there more Vita games than what's on the E3 page? I ask because I don't care about any of the ones listed there and I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

I'm sure that's all there is. I ordered Tearaway, Killzone and Batman Origins.

GRAND TOTAL OF $2395.20!!

FUCKKKKKKKK!

Must... stop... buying...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
having problems with future shop website, they are charging me for shipping anyone else having this issue?
I had that problem with one of the orders. I had to edit the shipping for one of the games to "Free" and then it reset all the other games to free also.

trixx

I had that problem with one of the orders. I had to edit the shipping for one of the games to "Free" and then it reset all the other games to free also.

tried this also still wouldn't process guessing they are doing some site maintenance

TheExodu5

Banned
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PlayStation 4)
Watch Dogs (PlayStation 4)
Tom Clancys The Division (PlayStation 4)
Killzone Shadow Fall (PlayStation 4)
inFamous Second Son (PlayStation 4)
The Order 1886 (PlayStation 4)
Kingdom Hearts 3 (PlayStation 4)
Destiny (PlayStation 4)
Final Fantasy XV (PlayStation 4)
Metal Gear Solid V (PlayStation 4)
Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo Wii U)
The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker HD (Nintendo Wii U)
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Nintendo Wii U)
Wii U X (Nintendo Wii U)
Super Mario 3d World (Nintendo Wii U)
Super Smash Bros (Nintendo Wii U)
Battlefield 4 (PC) x2
Yoshi's Island (Nintendo 3DS)
Donkey Kong Country Trop Freeze (Nintendo Wii U)
Bravely Default Flying Fairy (Nintendo 3DS)
Mario & Luigi Dream Team (Nintendo 3DS)
Shin Megami Tensei IV (Nintendo 3DS)
Pokemon X (Nintendo 3DS)

Order Total: $1,016.74

Is amazon.ca also sending out letters notifying people who are pre-ordering the PS4 whether or not their order is for a launch or standard edition of the system?

edit: and here I was thinking I broke the bank with my 'paltry' $150 pre-order on FS.ca Jeebus

chrono01

Is amazon.ca also sending out letters notifying people who are pre-ordering the PS4 whether or not their order is for a launch or standard edition of the system?
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like it. :(

I'm worried as well, despite ordering mine within a minute of it becoming live.

Lexxism

Yes, bring the unopened game and invoice (which they don't include with the orders anymore so you will have to print it out) to any Futureshop store.

Nice. Good to hear. So, how long will they allow the return? Like a month after the release of the game?

Fuzzy

Nice. Good to hear. So, how long will they allow the return? Like a month after the release of the game?
It's 30 days but I don't know if they count it from the release date or from the ship date if they ship it late. Either way, don't wait until the last day (although I did get away with returning a game 45 days after shipment last year because I talked to the girl in returns).

Nope - and I don't expect them to. Although Amazon.ca has become better and better over the last couple of years, they're still a while away from guaranteeing launch day delivery like their big American brother. This is why I also pre-ordered at Futureshop and EB just in case. :p

kikanny

I was just wondering with regards to Future Shop deal, if they ship one of the games in the order and charge me for it, will I be able to cancel the rest of the order if I didn't want the other 2 games anymore? I'm guessing that's not possible, but I just wanted to make sure!

Nope - and I don't expect them to. Although Amazon.ca has become better and better over the last couple of years, they're still a while away from guaranteeing launch day delivery like their big American brother. This is why I also pre-ordered at Futureshop and EB just in case. :p

So the only difference between the launch and standard is that the launch is a guaranteed delivery while the standard is dependent on how much stock they have on hand at the time and if they don't have enough for you, you have to wait until they get more in?

Fuzzy

I was just wondering with regards to Future Shop deal, if they ship one of the games in the order and charge me for it, will I be able to cancel the rest of the order if I didn't want the other 2 games anymore? I'm guessing that's not possible, but I just wanted to make sure!
You can't cancel the unshipped part of the order from the website but you probably can if you call them.

I'm done. $1,770.09 including tax but that's including a second PS4 from Best Buy just in case Future Shop doesn't come through. That also doesn't include games which I already had pre-ordered from last year (Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends $40 each) and TLoU which I got for $20.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Well, Futureshop refuses to all me to checkout. I've been trying since yesterday. Do they not want my $900 in preorders?

Checkout as new member, and put in a different e-mail address.
Also save your order number.

Thanks FS! My first console purchases in over a year:

The Last of Us
The Bureau
GTA5

And for the PS4 I haven't even pre-ordered yet:

The Division
SW: Battlefront
Thief

Lexxism

It's 30 days but I don't know if they count it from the release date or from the ship date if they ship it late. Either way, don't wait until the last day (although I did get away with returning a game 45 days after shipment last year because I talked to the girl in returns).

Ah. Thank you.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I made a nice little spreadsheet of my orders once again this year to keep track of everything.

Order Number - Game Title - Price - Received

I just copy pasted the whole lot in a word docx file so it would be easier to read, like a checklist.

SMT

If I preorder a PS4 at BB do I get reward points?

These long lists of preorders are proof that $39.99 is the magic number when it comes to launching a game.

Always, and double the points if you're a Gamer Zone member.

HoJu

ok so far i have

Mario & Luigi
Zelda LttP 2
smash bros 3ds

GTA5
Evil Within
Dark Souls 2

Pikmin 3
W101
DKC tropical freeze
SM3D World
Bayonetta 2
Smash bros
X
Mario Kart 8

will buy wii u once nintendo drops the price
will buy ps4 next year

iphys

You don't usually get the Gamers Club points on consoles, unless they've specifically said so for the PS4, so you just get the regular RZ points for those. Gamers Club is just for games and accessories.

Mayyhem

What's the benefit of doing seperate orders? how are you guys doing it?

edit:

how do you cancel game by game? I made a mistake and ordered 2 of one game and it made me cancel my entire order (13 games)

Jagxyz

Anyone know if I can use a promo code in-store? Like the $50 dollar off PlayStation headset code that you're supposed to get for pre ordering TLOU.

SMT

You don't usually get the Gamers Club points on consoles, unless they've specifically said so for the PS4, so you just get the regular RZ points for those. Gamers Club is just for games and accessories.

I just joined last week, all this time I've been a peasant regular member.

Fuzzy

What's the benefit of doing seperate orders? how are you guys doing it?

edit:

how do you cancel game by game? I made a mistake and ordered 2 of one game and it made me cancel my entire order (13 games)
That's why we limit our orders to only 3 games. If you make a mistake you can easily fix it in another order then cancel the mistake order.

Mayyhem

That's why we limit our orders to only 3 games. If you make a mistake you can easily fix it in another order then cancel the mistake order.

So it's impossible to cancel one game without cancelling the other two in the order? Aw that means I have to do this much more strategically.

Sajjaja

If any of you guys didn't get a shipping notice on TLOU, check the FS order page, it should tell you. I didn't get an email that they shipped it but I checked the order page anyways and they did in fact ship it at 8pm EST.

Don't have computer access now but will post my purchases tomorrow. I have 4 orders of consoles alone. Two going as gifts and two for me.

Going to be a big dent with all the games.

Achtius

gotta have dat killzone

I can't. I tired playing KZ2, and it was a motion-sickness inducer.

EVERYTHING WAS SHAKING. AND SHAKING AND SHAKING.. :(

If any of you guys didn't get a shipping notice on TLOU, check the FS order page, it should tell you. I didn't get an email that they shipped it but I checked the order page anyways and they did in fact ship it at 8pm EST.

my status changed since 5 but the tracking number still haven't work

So all you people who pre ordered at Futureshop online, someone has commented on the shipping for PS4 and most likely the same procedure for the XBONE.

http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/Sony-PlayStation-4-PS3-PS-Vita/Slow-Shipping/m-p/425589#M11777

Anyone order a WiiU with FS online, if so how did that go? I don't think we will recieve them on release date me thinks.

I got my Wii U on Thursday of the week it came out. I had already bought one in-store and returned it.

I actually pre-ordered my PS4 in-store this time.

Fuzzy

So all you people who pre ordered at Futureshop online, someone has commented on the shipping for PS4 and most likely the same procedure for the XBONE.

http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/Sony-PlayStation-4-PS3-PS-Vita/Slow-Shipping/m-p/425589#M11777

Anyone order a WiiU with FS online, if so how did that go? I don't think we will recieve them on release date me thinks.
I used a $50 off perk from tsilon for the Wii U from Future Shop and got it on Monday November 19th. It launched on Sunday November 18th so the Monday was the soonest CP could deliver it.

SMT

I'm sure if we put the pressure on the twitter, they'll damn sure ship the games and consoles ahead of time so we can get them on release day.

DAMN SURE.

Their twitter rep pr person sure is nice.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I look at this thread and I wish I can do stuff like you guys. :( God, $2000 preorders? Fuck.

It's not like you have to pay everything at once, right. Only when they come out, so potentially spread out over more than a year.

Also, just got home and I see TitanFall PC finally has its discount applied! So I can put in my second batch of pre-orders.

Order #1, 3DS

Pokemon X
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Zelda

Order #2, PC

Watchdogs
TitanFall
Total War: Rome II

That's gonna be it for me. Rest I'll buy for PC on bigger sales. And haven't decided on a next-gen console yet...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
A cut and paste from my list. The Xbox is going to go, of course, but I'm pretty sure I'm returning some games when they come.

Project X Zone

Evil Within
Rock Smith
The Crew

The Legend of Zelda (Nintendo Wii U)
Kingdom Hearts 3
Final Fantasy XV
Deep Down

Drive Club
Killzone Shadow Fall
inFamous Second Son
Knack

Mario 3D
Donkey Kong Country
Yoshi's Land (Nintendo Wii U)
The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker HD (Nintendo Wii U)

Smash Brothers 3DS
Yoshi's New Island
Professor Layton & The Azran Legacy
Legend Of Zelda Link Between Worlds (Nintendo 3DS)

Destiny
Metal Gear Solid V
The Witch And The Hundred Knights (PlayStation 3)

Dying Light
The Order 1886
Star Wars Battlefront

Wii Fit U (Nintendo Wii U)
Bayonetta 2
Witcher 3 The Wild Hunt (PlayStation 4)

Wii U X (Nintendo Wii U)
Mario Kart U (Nintendo Wii U)
Super Smash Bros U

Dragon Age Inquisition
Tom Clancy's Division
Mirros Edge 2

Mario & Luigi Dream Team (Nintendo 3DS)
Wonderful 101 (Nintendo Wii U)
Sonic Lost World (Nintendo Wii U)

Puppeteer (PlayStation 3)
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix (PlayStation 3)
Beyond: Two Souls Special Edition (PlayStation 3)

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PlayStation 4)
Watch Dogs (PlayStation 4)
Call Of Duty: Ghosts (PlayStation 4)
Battlefield 4 (PlayStation 4)

PS4

Xbox One

Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness (PlayStation 3)
The Guided Fate Paradox (PlayStation 3)
Gran Turismo 6 (PlayStation 3)

Dark Souls 2 (PlayStation 3)
Bravely Default Flying Fairy (Nintendo 3DS)
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Nintendo Wii U)
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PlayStation 3)

Pokemon X (Nintendo 3DS)
Final Fantasy X X2 HD Remaster (PlayStation 3)
Tearaway (PlayStation Vita)

South Park: The Stick Of Truth (XBOX 360)
Saints Row IV (XBOX 360)
Rayman Legends (Nintendo Wii U)

Pikmin 3 (Nintendo Wii U)
Time and Eternity (PlayStation 3)
Shin Megami Tensei IV (Nintendo 3DS)

Dragon's Crown (PlayStation Vita)
Dragon's Crown (PlayStation 3)
Tales of Xillia (PlayStation 3)

Muramasa Rebirth Limited Edition (PlayStation Vita)
Muramasa Rebirth (PlayStation Vita)
Game & Wario (Nintendo Wii U)

Even if I wasn't able to put my pile of Future Shop gift cards towards the PS4, I was at least able to use them to make the hit from all these game pre-orders not too bad:

#1: Saints Row IV, and Arkham Origins for both the PS3 and Vita
#2: Knack, The Order 1886 and Sonic Lost World
#3: Professor Layton & The Azran Legacy, Kingdom Hearts 3, and Super Smash Bros for the 3DS
#4: Puppeteer, and both Killzones coming out this fall
#5: Tearaway, Zelda (3DS) and Dying Light
#6: Watch Dogs (PS4), Infamous: Second Son and Thief

And as a bonus, I was able to put a deposit down on the PS4 at an EB Games even closer to my house, so it's not all bad.

EDIT: Anyone thinking about ordering Drive Club should remember that it'll be available for free if you have a PS+ membership!

Top Bottom