• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

It's on clearance at Futureshop on PS3/360 of 9.89$ if you want to just go for that. I did yesterday.

Splinter Cell Blacklist for Wii U (and only for Wii U) was $4.80 too, which is nuts. Got that too cause why not?

is this in store only? I don't see it online any more. Last I checked there were none in stock at my local BB. Didn't check FS though, which I might make the drive for...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
It's on clearance at Futureshop on PS3/360 of 9.89$ if you want to just go for that. I did yesterday.

Splinter Cell Blacklist for Wii U (and only for Wii U) was $4.80 too, which is nuts. Got that too cause why not?

Those prices are nuts. No idea what Ubisoft is doing because those games aren't even 6 months old and already that low. They aren't bad games either but rather amongst the best in their genres.

is this in store only? I don't see it online any more. Last I checked there were none in stock at my local BB. Didn't check FS though, which I might make the drive for...

I picked it up in store in Saskatoon, so maybe. Went there to pick up something else and saw those prices so I had to jump on them.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Grrr, can't even pre-order Dark Souls 2 at EBGames by phone. They need a deposit and won't take credit cards... WTF? Shut up and take my money, asshole.

I don't want to pre-order it online and then have the risk of receiving it several days later, dammit... (Which is why Amazon.ca is out, I've had that problem with Dragon's Crown, pissed me off.)

Sora_N

Grrr, can't even pre-order Dark Souls 2 at EBGames by phone. They need a deposit and won't take credit cards... WTF? Shut up and take my money, asshole.

I don't want to pre-order it online and then have the risk of receiving it several days later, dammit... (Which is why Amazon.ca is out, I've had that problem with Dragon's Crown, pissed me off.)

They have never taken preorders by phone.

Tagg9

Ugh, is anywhere other than EB Games going to be selling Danganronpa? I refuse to pay $50 with taxes for the game, but I don't really want to buy it digital.

/Edit: Hurray, Future Shop just put the product page for it.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
They have never taken preorders by phone.
So I'm learning. Pretty shitty, to be honest. They don't want my money I guess. Does Best Buy or Futureshop take 'em? [Edit: their FAQ doesn't mention phone pre-orders, but they do say only store pre-orders can be picked up. Bah!]

Sora_N

So I'm learning. Pretty shitty, to be honest. They don't want my money I guess. Does Best Buy or Futureshop take 'em? [Edit: their FAQ doesn't mention phone pre-orders, but they do say only store pre-orders can be picked up. Bah!]

Pretty sure no stores take phone preorders for games. I could be wrong if there's one or two.

Yeah, that's the big thing. I refused to buy a Vita until I could get one for the same price as a 3DS with at least an 8GB memory card included.
The fact that they are still so expensive is ridiculous. Sony is shooting themselves in the foot with that pricing.

I know a lot of people that are interested in the Vita, but don't jump on it because of the memory cards. Sony would make more money if they dropped the price, because then people would actually buy them. >_<

Vamphuntr

EB raised their prices quickly. I hope the Bravely Default CE stays at the price I preordered. I have no idea how it works in the company itself but I'm guessing their suppliers raised their prices because of our weak dollar? This will probably have an impact on their business. It seems they are already scraping the bottom of the barrel. They are sending promo emails in my inbox many times a week and most of the time they are advertising ipods, tablets and toys.

Something weird is happening with my amazon orders. Twice in the last few weeks they've shipped my items from British Columbia despite me being in Toronto. Is this their way to get back at me for using free shipping and receiving items the next day?

EB raised their prices quickly. I hope the Bravely Default CE stays at the price I preordered. I have no idea how it works in the company itself but I'm guessing their suppliers raised their prices because of our weak dollar? This will probably have an impact on their business. It seems they are already scraping the bottom of the barrel. They are sending promo emails in my inbox many times a week and most of the time they are advertising ipods, tablets and toys.

I recommend preordering anything you're interested in while you can get it at $59. You can always cancel the order close to release if you change your mind.

ohlawd

Is EB obligated to honor the preorder amount or something?

I have two things waiting from them: Bravely Default CE at 55 and Tales of Symphonia CE at 110; both after taxes.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Something weird is happening with my amazon orders. Twice in the last few weeks they've shipped my items from British Columbia despite me being in Toronto. Is this their way to get back at me for using free shipping and receiving items the next day?
We all knew once they started offering Prime that normal free shipping would get worse. :(

Vamphuntr

I have two things waiting from them: Bravely Default CE at 55 and Tales of Symphonia CE at 110; both after taxes.

They don't honor preorder prices. I remember preordering Star Ocean 360 back when I was in college. Paid in full and when they game came out they had bumped the price by 5$ and I had to pay the difference.

EB wont, but Best Buy and FS do if you pay online, because you've technically bought the game already. If you preorder from them in store, you're just putting $10 down, so I'm sure they won't honor it.

Man, the PS4 Power A DS4 Charger has been sold out for months. Anyone have any idea where I could get one, short of having it shipped from the states?

i-Jest

I recommend preordering anything you're interested in while you can get it at $59. You can always cancel the order close to release if you change your mind.

Tried to preorder Bayonetta 2. Got the same message I got when trying to preorder the thing during FS 30% deal. Even tried BB and got the same problem. WTF man :(

Is anyone able to preorder the game?

Mupod

good thing almost every upcoming console game I want is still on preorder from the futureshop E3 deal, but there's no way in hell I'm going back to $70 new releases. I'll stick to PC.

hell in the last few years I can name on one hand the number of games I've paid full price for at launch, so it's not much of a change for me.

zroid

Banned
Tried to preorder Bayonetta 2. Got the same message I got when trying to preorder the thing during FS 30% deal. Even tried BB and got the same problem. WTF man :(

Is anyone able to preorder the game?

What's the issue? I pre-ordered it at E3 last year.

i-Jest

What's the issue? I pre-ordered it at E3 last year.

I get this message every time I preorder: "The credit card you selected has expired or will expire soon. Please check your card’s and edit the information as necessary or select a different card. (0115)"

It's strange because I was able to preorder two other games during the sale, Dark Souls 2 and X, but this was the only one that won't go through.

I get this message every time I preorder: "The credit card you selected has expired or will expire soon. Please check your card&#8217;s and edit the information as necessary or select a different card. (0115)"

It's strange because I was able to preorder two other games during the sale, Dark Souls 2 and X, but this was the only one that won't go through.

What's the tentative release date they have posted for Bayonetta? If it's past your credit card expiry, the order won't work. I had to quickly renew my card prior to last year's E3 deal for this exact reason.

LMN

Low Price Guarantee
Pre-order any product, and if the price drops before the release date, you will be charged the lower price.

Is this something similar to "price match"? If for example, I buy Danganronpa at EBgames for $45, but told them that futureshop is selling the game at a cheaper price at 40$. Therefore, they have to charge the game at a lower price. Am I understanding this correctly?

MPW

good thing almost every upcoming console game I want is still on preorder from the futureshop E3 deal, but there's no way in hell I'm going back to $70 new releases. I'll stick to PC.

hell in the last few years I can name on one hand the number of games I've paid full price for at launch, so it's not much of a change for me.

this

Luigi87

Is this something similar to "price match"? If for example, I buy Danganronpa at EBgames for $45, but told them that futureshop is selling the game at a cheaper price at 40$. Therefore, they have to charge the game at a lower price. Am I understanding this correctly?

No, they only mean if it goes lower on their own site.

No_Style

I don't get why some people are freaking out over $70 titles. Wait until games drop down to the price you are comfortable paying. I did not pay full price for a single title in the last 2 years and still managed to fill out GOTY lists.

lupinko

Just wait for Harpero to force Bama to finally sign the Keystone Pipeline or something, oil and the Loonie something something.

i-Jest

I don't get why some people are freaking out over $70 titles. Wait until games drop down to the price you are comfortable paying. I did not pay full price for a single title in the last 2 years and still managed to fill out GOTY lists.

No doubt. Some of us have already mentioned that we'd be more picky about which titles we pick up. It's just a shock overall. I don't think it occurred to most of us that this would happen again.

I pre-ordered Bravely Default from FS.....I don't want another Fire Emblem situation

I should probably play the demo I've heard good things about

Maximus.

I hope my last two movies from the Cineplex offer come soon. It was a great deal and I would order from them again, but definitely would not order as much as I did haha.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Multiplayer modes die by that time for some games, and sometimes they're still worthwhile in that time period.

iLLmAtlc

70 probably still means you'd have to wait longer to get your price. If they're marked down to 40 that's 30 off, but I'd be unwilling to buy still. if you're waiting until 20 that's 50 off, how long is that gonna take?

Jinto

I ordered an NES game from Ebay almost 2 weeks ago and it's not marked as ship yet. Is that normal? I was gonna wait a couple more days before I contact them, but I'm getting a little antsy now.

I also have another shipment that should be arriving in a couple of days, but I don't think I'll be home. It's being delivered by Canpar Courier. It's the first I've heard of them. Anyone have any experience with Canpar?

Mupod

I pre-ordered Bravely Default from FS.....I don't want another Fire Emblem situation

I should probably play the demo I've heard good things about

the demo is kind of odd in that it doesn't really have anything to do with the game's actual storyline. The actual content boils down to just a few sidequests and some grinding.

However if all you want is to get a feel for the battle and job system it's great. Wasn't going to preorder it until I played the demo, but I got so many FF5 vibes the demo made me a day 1 buyer. Just remember to look up the exploit to get extra villagers, unless you're very confident in your prospects for streetpass. Otherwise it's very very annoying to get new equipment, and without it the demo is annoyingly hard.

I ordered an NES game from Ebay almost 2 weeks ago and it's not marked as ship yet. Is that normal? I was gonna wait a couple more days before I contact them, but I'm getting a little antsy now.

I also have another shipment that should be arriving in a couple of days, but I don't think I'll be home. It's being delivered by Canpar Courier. It's the first I've heard of them. Anyone have any experience with Canpar?

For your eBay order I guess you should contact the seller cause two weeks after payment without shipping is not acceptable imo!
I got one shipment with Canpar and it was OK, missed delivery on first attempt cause I wasn't home and they delivered on the next day!

Reminder: if anybody didn't already take advantage of the 14 for 14 or whatever deals on PSN you're missing on some really good stuff!

Anyone else still wondering why Future Shop did that trade in deal?

Was it just awareness for the $40 next hen trade in deal? Because they haven't done any other deal since, no trade 2 or 1 for X game or whatever.

Really lame. Would like to see the trade 2 for X begin for next gen games at least.

frequency

I hope my last two movies from the Cineplex offer come soon. It was a great deal and I would order from them again, but definitely would not order as much as I did haha.

It was a great deal.

I think I'm done with them though. I've been waiting for a refund on orders they cancelled for almost 4 weeks now. I've called them 5 times (1 time I quit after waiting too long and another time my phone battery ran out) and emailed them twice (neither of them were answered).

I've spent more than 10 hours trying to deal with this and still they can't do something as simple as cancel properly. They cancelled the shipments but are taking forever to give me back my money. I'm going to just dispute with PayPal soon. I don't have time to sit on the phone for another 2 hours just to get through to someone who will tell me it's happening when nothing happens for 4 weeks.

Too much incompetence. I don't trust them anymore.

jet1911

Me and my gf ordered around 10 movies and we all received them these last two weeks. I was dumb and I did one big order though instead of several ones. :(

ohlawd

Me and my gf ordered around 10 movies and we all received them these last two weeks. I was dumb and I did one big order though instead of several ones. :(
good lord man

I thought we posted enough warnings in this thread to make separate orders. I guess not :/

Top Bottom