• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

I'm more worried about WM, BB and FS. Not surprised the retailer with the least amount of sales and gouges customers the most are the first to raise prices.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
I don't have faith in the food being much good, but this seems like kind of a good deal?

mealandamovie_header_en.jpg

It's the 1000 SCENE points which make it worthwhile

Their Chicken burgers are fantastic, this is actually a great deal, and between this or the "treats and seats" combo they offer, I always come away with a 'free' movie out of it and satisfied hunger wise.

iLLmAtlc

I have hope that Wal-Mart might stick to selling at the USA prices, but I'm not sure.

In the mean time I've placed my pre-order for MGS: Ground Zeroes at amazon just in case if I decide later that I want to get it day 1 week 1-2.

Are you guys going to buy it, or does it seem too much like $30 DLC?

zroid

Banned
Their Chicken burgers are fantastic, this is actually a great deal, and between this or the "treats and seats" combo they offer, I always come away with a 'free' movie out of it and satisfied hunger wise.

That's good to hear, I'll probably roll with this sometime soon. I've still gotta see Her and 12 Years a Slave

which restaurant is this? I can't tell

I think it's just the concessions

I tweeted best buy, future shop, and eb just saying that charging more for games isn't going to help deter people deciding whether to go all digital. I recommend you guys do the same. You'd be surprised how few vocal people would need to pipe up to get this fixed. Especially since it isn't the 90's anymore and we have the option to get them cheaper digitally if we choose.

Returners

I tweeted best buy, future shop, and eb just saying that charging more for games isn't going to help deter people deciding whether to go all digital. I recommend you guys do the same. You'd be surprised how few vocal people would need to pipe up to get this fixed. Especially since it isn't the 90's anymore and we have the option to get them cheaper digitally if we choose.

NO YOU MIGHT GET THEM TO ACTUALLY START CHARGING TAXES FOR PSN CARDS.
:(

BadWolf

I have hope that Wal-Mart might stick to selling at the USA prices, but I'm not sure.

In the mean time I've placed my pre-order for MGS: Ground Zeroes at amazon just in case if I decide later that I want to get it day 1 week 1-2.

Are you guys going to buy it, or does it seem too much like $30 DLC?

Going to wait for post release impressions.

Kojima calling it a tutorial left and right and not releasing details about how much content there actually is has me cautious.

espher

If I ever needed a motive to not buy the new consoles and slog through my giant backlog first, the "exchange rate" surcharge is it.

PS2 games, here I come!

Dorygrant

My mom's birthday is coming up and I want to get her a blu-ray player with Netflix abilities.

I was considering just getting a streaming box (Roku, etc.) but for like 10 bucks more I can get a blu-ray player as well soo...

Any good deals/brands I should look out for? I have about a week.

Dell, Asus, Samsung or LG. Budget and what you're using it for?

A 21.5, at least, and around $150 after taxes. Just PC with some image-editing and movie watching on it. I might game on it in the future/plan to use the monitor still if I upgrade to a better rig so there's that too.

My mom's birthday is coming up and I want to get her a blu-ray player with Netflix abilities.

I was considering just getting a streaming box (Roku, etc.) but for like 10 bucks more I can get a blu-ray player as well soo...

We got this LG blu-ray player with Netflix/Youtube capability for about 80+ bucks a while ago and it was great! It also played mkv.... I'm not sure of its model or what but I guess I'm gonna recommend LG for this.

kasane

Buy her a ps3 :lolol

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Pining for the good old days of $70 games
not

frequency

I'm going to buy way less games at +$10. Even +$5 is going to have me being way more picky with my purchases. My huge backlog of unopened games will keep me busy while I wait for price drops.

Vibranium

Banned
I hope Futureshop doesn't pull this crap by raising game prices, at least I'm done with EB for good until they stop this bullshit. Fuckity bye EB!

Ah...Canada...where Amazon.ca doesn't even have a section for digital PC downloads....

Erudite

Ah...Canada...where Amazon.ca doesn't even have a section for digital PC downloads....
Just a heads up, you can purchase Digital PC games from Amazon.com no problem by faking the billing address to a US one.

I've done it several times over the years without issue.

Vibranium

Banned
Just a heads up, you can purchase Digital PC games from Amazon.com no problem by faking the billing address to a US one.

I've done it several times over the years without issue.

Yeah I do it all the time, I'm just saying it's a fucking joke. Whoever runs the videogames section on Amazon.ca needs to get their ass fired and be replaced by someone who knows Tony at Amazon.com

Tagg9

Ugh, as if games weren't expensive enough. I'd be quite surprised if Future Shop/Best Buy left their prices alone after EB's raised them.

Sober

Yeah I do it all the time, I'm just saying it's a fucking joke. Whoever runs the videogames section on Amazon.ca needs to get their ass fired and be replaced by someone who knows Tony at Amazon.com
They probably don't even have the infrastructure for it, much less the staff.

EB games in Montreal were charging 10$ more than all other stores in the area for World of Warcraft Cataclysm on launch day with no notice. I get to the cash and pay for my game without even looking at the price. As I am paying the cashier tells me that they are giving 10$ coupons on a future game purchase for those buying Cataclysm. I say thanks thinking its a cool promotion.

On my way out I look at my reciept and its 10$ more than all the other stores. I turn around and stop the cashier from serving the next customer and I ask him why they are charging 10$ more than any other store in front of everyone. He says its because they are giving out 10$ coupons. I tell him he can keep the coupon and just charge me the actual price because his coupon isn't saving me shit. He says he can only charge the price the system gives him. I ask for an immediate refund which he promptly executes. In the mean time most of the customers in line left the store.

I drove over to FutureShop 5 min away. They charge me actual price and offer me bunch of posters, hats and t-shirts.

Heh, once I went 2 stores away in a mall after telling EB that a brand new game (can't remember which) was 10 dollars cheaper at other stores.........

How many of you remember 100 dollar N64 games........

I'm on the lookout for Rayman Legends for Wii U for 39.99. it's already 39.99 for 360 and PS3, but even with Xbox One and PS4 versions launching at 44.99 the Wii U version is untouched. I mean, I'll gladly buy the 360 one once it drops enough, but I'd just prefer growing my Wii U library more...

dream

169.99 for the Vita wifi at EB Games.... thinking about grabbing one for remote play and ps+ goodies.

Sigh. I don't want to buy one because I know the thing has flatlined, but as someone who just finally jumped on board PS+, I feel like I'm leaving money on the table by not being able to take advantage of the Vita freebies.

Omzz

dont know if it was posted but rayman legends for ps3 was $9.97 at best buy. I would have grabbed one if I had a ps3

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Sigh. I don't want to buy one because I know the thing has flatlined, but as someone who just finally jumped on board PS+, I feel like I'm leaving money on the table by not being able to take advantage of the Vita freebies.

Sony is hitting it out of the park with PS+ on the Vita. If you have a PS+ subscription, you really owe it to yourself to get a Vita.

jet1911

If I see one in the near future for $150, I will probably get one as a birthday present for myself. Too bad that wi-fi model doesn't come with a memory card.

That's the biggest problem stopping me from buying one. Those memory cards price are so stupidly high. :(

Roto13

That's the biggest problem stopping me from buying one. Those memory cards price are so stupidly high. :(

Yeah, that's the big thing. I refused to buy a Vita until I could get one for the same price as a 3DS with at least an 8GB memory card included.

farisr

Already have some ps4 preorders locked in at bestbuy and futureshop, at 49.99 and 39.99. Looks like if this pricehike is coming, I won't be buying any other games, and just play these/go through my immense ps3 backlog caused by PS+.

Games I have preordered at those prices coming out this year:
Driveclub
The Crew
Watch Dogs
Destiny
The Order 1886

Games preordered that don't have a release year yet:
Metal Gear Solid V (Phantom Pain)
Final Fantasy XV

FrsDvl

Anyone ordering from BestBuy this weekend and having problems? For some reason they couldn't take money out of my paypal, and now they declined my creditcard too... Trying Futureshop now, but probably end up being the same problem.

I'm on the lookout for Rayman Legends for Wii U for 39.99. it's already 39.99 for 360 and PS3, but even with Xbox One and PS4 versions launching at 44.99 the Wii U version is untouched. I mean, I'll gladly buy the 360 one once it drops enough, but I'd just prefer growing my Wii U library more...

It's on clearance at Futureshop on PS3/360 of 9.89$ if you want to just go for that. I did yesterday.

Splinter Cell Blacklist for Wii U (and only for Wii U) was $4.80 too, which is nuts. Got that too cause why not?

Top Bottom