• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Mikey Jr.

I tried adding the PS4, but it just says

"
A problem occurred during viewing shopping cart
Sorry,this gift item is part of a promotional special and cannot be manually added to your cart. If you'd like to receive the gift item, please add all required products to your shopping cart. "

Then it wants me to buy their fucking bundles.

Why can't I just get a PS4 for $399. Damn it.

i-Jest

I tried adding the PS4, but it just says

"
A problem occurred during viewing shopping cart
Sorry,this gift item is part of a promotional special and cannot be manually added to your cart. If you'd like to receive the gift item, please add all required products to your shopping cart. "

Then it wants me to buy their fucking bundles.

Why can't I just get a PS4 for $399. Damn it.

I did say the PS4's were bundled. For what it's worth I don't know why Newegg would do this. Maybe they want to clear a certain amount of stock with these bundles. Either way, those prices ain't for the financially weak.

You're from shop.ca right? Your shop is listing Donkey Kong for 54.99 already.

Hmm... but Tomb Raider is mysteriously still $59.99.

edit: Checked in, sounds like we've been notified already that the price hike is incoming. Just not sure if its going to happen before the next round of games are available for pre-order on our site.

jet1911

You can get it at shop.ca for 44.99 if you use one of their $10 off coupon. Plus, if you have some points, you can get it even lower.

I just logged in my shop.ca account and I still have -13.34$ in rewards because of their fuck up. Never buying from there.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Fucking Canada Post lost my boxing day Walmart Serta pillows :mad:

So pissed off about this, I was going to use them too.

Megasoum

Banned
So WD is still 60$ at futureshop. How does the price garantee work for a pre-order? If I go today and only put 5$ on it will it still cost me 60 (well 55) on release day? Is it different if I go and pay the full price today?

If vidrogamesplus truly isn't going to raise their prices like they claim, we could just price match them at FS/BB whenever we needed.

You'd have to pay the 2.99 shipping, but you'd also get 10% of the difference back and it would be like 63ish instead of 65-70$.

Lexxism

So WD is still 60$ at futureshop. How does the price garantee work for a pre-order? If I go today and only put 5$ on it will it still cost me 60 (well 55) on release day? Is it different if I go and pay the full price today?

FS/BB don't do price guarantee on pre-orders(if I'm correct). But I think you are guarantee if you order it online since you already paid it and just waiting for shipment to fully charge your card.

Basically the only way to ensure you get a lower price for a game (if you find one now) is if you preorder online.

As I've said before, you might as well just preorder anything you're remotely interested in, in separate orders, to lock down the price. you can always cancel closer to release if you decide you don't want it.

Megasoum

Banned
Basically the only way to ensure you get a lower price for a game (if you find one now) is if you preorder online.

As I've said before, you might as well just preorder anything you're remotely interested in, in separate orders, to lock down the price. you can always cancel closer to release if you decide you don't want it.

Hmm good to know...but I don't want to buy them online since Canada Post sucks and the only garanteed way to get it on day 1 is to walk in the store. Oh well.. 10$ is 10$.

iLLmAtlc

It most certainly is with EB

They're raising up to 69.99 for new releases, which is just greed

I think he means it's the publishers setting the prices.

I really dunno who's right though. It could be that it's getting a lot more expensive for the retailers to buy the games from the US Publishers so they had to raise their prices.

zroid

Banned
I think he means it's the publishers setting the prices.

I really dunno who's right though. It could be that it's getting a lot more expensive for the retailers to buy the games from the US Publishers so they had to raise their prices.

Well, I'm pretty sure the big publishers do have Canadian distributing arms, so in those cases it would likely be the MSRP going up. If we start seeing prices increase for publishers like XSeed, Atlus, etc. then that's going to be on the retailers for sure, I think.

Has anyone seen Final Fantasy X HD for the Vita for preorder? The only place I can find it is Square Enix's site, and there's no way I'm paying $10 US for shipping.

It could be that it's getting a lot more expensive for the retailers to buy the games.

I can 100% confirm this.

Well, I'm pretty sure the big publishers do have Canadian distributing arms, so in those cases it would likely be the MSRP going up. If we start seeing prices increase for publishers like XSeed, Atlus, etc. then that's going to be on the retailers for sure, I think.
That wouldn't be on the retailers either. For us, and I'm pretty sure most Canadian retailers, the price hike is not coming from our level, but from our suppliers. And the suppliers are deciding to hike the price based on how much their margins are getting affected and how much risk they are taking. I don't know if the hike will happen across the board, or if we'll see exceptions, but just wanted to give insight on how it works.

frequency

So... you can't even file a PayPal dispute with Cineplex.

It goes immediately to a Claim (saying the Seller agreed to let PayPal decide things for them), which means it gets investigated by PayPal, who would take forever and hold up the money forever.

Usually when you Dispute, it just sends a message to the Seller and you have 20 days to work it out. But Cineplex doesn't even want to talk.

This has been the absolute worst buying experience I've ever had. I'm so angry and frustrated with them right now. A claim would flag my Cineplex account and I don't know what would happen to my pending shipments.

I don't know what to do.

Weak, Futureshop.ca won't let me pre-order MLB The Show because my CC expires in September......they need to update the release date before they increase the price of the game =/

iLLmAtlc

Weak, Futureshop.ca won't let me pre-order MLB The Show because my CC expires in September......they need to update the release date before they increase the price of the game =/

just put in a distant expiration date first and either call or update it manually (unlikely to be successful) later.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

It goes immediately to a Claim (saying the Seller agreed to let PayPal decide things for them), which means it gets investigated by PayPal, who would take forever and hold up the money forever.

Usually when you Dispute, it just sends a message to the Seller and you have 20 days to work it out. But Cineplex doesn't even want to talk.

This has been the absolute worst buying experience I've ever had. I'm so angry and frustrated with them right now. A claim would flag my Cineplex account and I don't know what would happen to my pending shipments.

I don't know what to do.

Sorry it's been such an issue for you. :(

iphys

I don't know what to do.

Guess I won't risk paying them with PayPal anymore. I did finally get all 7 items I ordered from them, including the 3 back-ordered ones though, so I wouldn't give up hope on your shipments still arriving eventually.

zroid

Banned
as a general rule I do avoid paypal if there's even the slightest chance I might want to cancel or get a refund. the hoops you have to jump through just aren't worth it.

frequency

I used PayPal because I didn't know anything about the site and didn't want to expose my credit card to them considering how amateurish the website is built.

Sorry it's been such an issue for you. :(
Thank you. It's not even that much money but I feel like they've just been dragging their feet and making this as painful as possible for me. I know it's not personal but it feels that way.

Guess I won't risk paying them with PayPal anymore. I did finally get all 7 items I ordered from them, including the 3 back-ordered ones though, so I wouldn't give up hope on your shipments still arriving eventually.
Oh this isn't about getting what I ordered. I'm getting my shipments in reasonable time.

This is about 6 orders that I cancelled. They cancelled the orders but charged me anyway. So they need to refund me for those 6 cancelled orders and they say they're doing it, but it's been a month.

Lexxism

@EBgames

HUGE NEWS: PS4's are now available in ON & QC!

1545234_10152108171935999_1751467507_n.jpg

Here's the ETA for the rest of the country:

Jan. 23: Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI
Jan. 24: Alberta, Saskatchewan
Jan. 27: BC, Newfoundland
Jan. 28: Yukon

Supplies are limited, so act fast!

PS. They still have the BD CE for 49.99. 16 days to go!

Is it possible that PS4 is still selling so well or is it really Sony who's making it look that way?
I'm not into conspiracy theory here but it's just crazy that every time a few consoles are in stock it's huge news and that applies to almost everywhere in the world!

Not sure if it's the best idea but when I preordered my PS4 and Xbox one my credit card was expiring too so I ended up putting in a made up expiration date and then just changing the payment method to a new card when I got one and it went through just fine.

Not sure if it's the best idea but when I preordered my PS4 and Xbox one my credit card was expiring too so I ended up putting in a made up expiration date and then just changing the payment method to a new card when I got one and it went through just fine.

I ended up using paypal...........no idea if thats a good idea or not haha

Top Bottom