• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Returners

Weak, Futureshop.ca won't let me pre-order MLB The Show because my CC expires in September......they need to update the release date before they increase the price of the game =/

I was thinking of waiting for the PS4+Vita bundle. Seems like though the price hike might change that...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Is it possible that PS4 is still selling so well or is it really Sony who's making it look that way?
I'm not into conspiracy theory here but it's just crazy that every time a few consoles are in stock it's huge news and that applies to almost everywhere in the world!
Sony isn't responsible for those unsold XBones on display at the local BBs. Well...maybe they are....CONSPIRACY!

Sony isn't responsible for those unsold XBones on display at the local BBs. Well...maybe they are....CONSPIRACY!

Did you even understand what I was saying?!

I ended up using paypal...........no idea if thats a good idea or not haha

FS/BB handle PayPal just the same as CCs so if you wanted to return the game they will refund the amount to whatever CC linked to your PayPal directly!

ohlawd

Did you even understand what I meant?!

You mean like Sony doesn't want to give off the image that they aren't selling systems like Microsoft is with the stacks of Xbones in retailers so to prevent that they purposely hold their systems in stock and give retailers a tiny amount, making it look like it's selling out each time there's an announcement of "PS4s IN STOCK HURRY THE FUCK UP OR THEY'LL RUN OUT*

Like that, right? That's some conspiracy shit, of the highest order :p

You mean like Sony doesn't want to give off the image that they aren't selling systems like Microsoft is with the stacks of Xbones in retailers so to prevent that they purposely hold their systems in stock and give retailers a tiny amount, making it look like it's selling out each time there's an announcement of "PS4s IN STOCK HURRY THE FUCK UP OR THEY'LL RUN OUT*

Like that, right? That's some conspiracy shit, of the highest order :p

I meant some people would think that way, not me though!
I'm just surprised it's still out of stock all that time, it makes it easier for people to think it's Sony manipulating the stock! Worst part is hoarders are still making money of it!

Has anyone shopped at Vision Electronics before? Are they good?

http://www.visions.ca/Default.aspx

If you know what you are looking for and you go in with something in mind you can get some pretty good deals for good prices. You can also haggle the prices somewhat.

If you don't know your electronics, they will help you out. HOWEVER, they will also try and sneak in a lot of upsell crap. For example, they will try and throw some very expensive monster cables on top of your equipment. They will push newer technology that you may or may not want, just because it's newer and commands a price premium. They will try and sell you a top of the line so-and-so when you might not need it. They will push extended warranties on you, etc.

At least that has been my experience with them. They definitely have a motivated sales staff.

i-Jest

Had a friend that worked at a Visions around my area, he used to hook me up with great deals and their service is always amazing.

If you know what you are looking for and you go in with something in mind you can get some pretty good deals for good prices. You can also haggle the prices somewhat.

If you don't know your electronics, they will help you out. HOWEVER, they will also try and sneak in a lot of upsell crap. For example, they will try and throw some very expensive monster cables on top of your equipment. They will push newer technology that you may or may not want, just because it's newer and commands a price premium. They will try and sell you a top of the line so-and-so when you might not need it. They will push extended warranties on you, etc.

At least that has been my experience with them. They definitely have a motivated sales staff.

They have a TV I'm thinking of getting online. Are the "Money Back Extended Service Plans" their extended warranty?

koopas

Personally I would just grab it on disc. They reprinted it recently which has brought the cost down on it quite a bit. It's worth having on your shelf.

Lexxism

@Costco

e6ut.jpg

YMMV for WiiU.

isny

napkin dispenser
you crazy, fam. I want TF day uno.

well whatever I'll do the VGP price match thing and see how that goes.

Just use the old return trick.

Buy from FS/BB or whoever on day one and then return the Amazon copy with the FS/BB receipt.

kennah

i-Jest

Had a friend that worked at a Visions around my area, he used to hook me up with great deals and their service is always amazing.

Years ago I ordered my Samsung TV from there and I got it with no problems from BC(I'm in NL).

Recently I got a nice Yamaha 5.1 setup from there online and again shipped no problems.

I say visions is just as good as any other box store.

I'm hearing good things about these guys from other places as well. Thanks for the input GAF.

Doubt it

Edit. Yep. Right in their policies.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Policies/PriceProtection.cm.aspx

"Cannot be used with any other promotion and does not apply to advertising errors, misprints, rebates (Including Mail-in-Rebates), "

Well that's a shame but thanks for taking the time to verify. I appreciate it.

MDSLKTR

Anybody knows the trade in value for AC4 ps4 currently? Tivs.ca says 40$ as of 12/31/2013, thinking of trading it in for tomb raider next week

damn still cant find a ps4 on stores

They are available, not online but they do receive shippments everyweek, you just have to check in-store availability on a regular basis.

I guess it'll be like that until March and even then i'm not sure if i can walk into a futureshop or bestbuy and grab one...

I noticed that, but I need it sometime today/tomorrow, shop.ca says it'll ship in 6 business days according to the product page.

Aww, okay. In general if you're in the GTA it usually only takes 2-3 days to get to you, but sounds like you need it quicker than that.

I also preordered that Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor on Amazon just now.

Its still months away, but that 8 minute preview released today looks incredible and I want to lock down the $59 price.

RE_Player

I bet Castlevania is the next title to be raised $5.

If I pre-ordered Dark Souls 2 when it was $59.99 with the $10 standard down payment at Best Buy will I have to pay for this new adjusted price when I get the game?

I bet Castlevania is the next title to be raised $5.

If I pre-ordered Dark Souls 2 when it was $59.99 with the $10 standard down payment at Best Buy will I have to pay for this new adjusted price when I get the game?

I dunno how in -store works, but it wouldn't surprise me. You definitely do at EB

zroid

Banned
Is EB at least sending you guys notifications when raising the prices on these pre-orders? Pretty shady if not.

I mean when you place that order you're authorizing them to charge whatever amount is there to your card. If they're charging a larger amount without your consent, well that's some bullshit.

Is EB at least sending you guys notifications when raising the prices on these pre-orders? Pretty shady if not.

I mean when you place that order you're authorizing them to charge whatever amount is there to your card. If they're charging a larger amount without your consent, well that's some bullshit.

Online is different, for reasons you said. But in-store, when you only put like $5 or $10 down, you're basically just paying off the remaining amount of the cost when you pick it up. That's why I say to preorder as many games as you can ONLINE while you see them at $59, and then cancel anything you decide you dont want.

zroid

Banned
Online is different, for reasons you said. But in-store, when you only put like $5 or $10 down, you're basically just paying off the remaining amount of the cost when you pick it up. That's why I say to preorder as many games as you can ONLINE while you see them at $59, and then cancel anything you decide you dont want.

Yeah, I was referring to online orders specifically.

Top Bottom