• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

I've never ordered from them directly (lol) but I use their site for local price matching whenever I can.

I believe they're owned by the same people behind NCIX--at least, they were when I last bought from them a few years back (I think I mostly bought hard drives from them). I had no problems with them and wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again if they had something I wanted for cheap.

I've heard bad things about the Vita port of Injustice compared to other fighters on the platform. If you're predominantly going to be playing at home and have access to both versions, I would think the PS4 version is the way to go.

Remote play will still be an option for you if you want to game on the small screen.

Thanks a lot for your reply!
Yeah I love Remote play and use it a lot while I'm at work :)
Away from the comparison, is the game good/worth buying?

ohlawd

another awful psn sale? :p

meh I need to stop going into these sales thinking they'll finally lower the price on the stuff I care about. I did end up buying FFIII. Never did finish the DS version. Now I'm worried that I won't beat this version if Bravely Default ends up demolishing it in quality what with the job classes and similar gameplay.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Ebay people are insane, mostly 50-60$, one at 25$ and a crazy guy at 169.99$! haha. I was thinking 25$?

Look at the completed auctions only. It'll show you what people are willing to pay for these (green = sold, red = auction expired).

kennah

anyone order anything for NCIX? I maxed out my card and they have interac which is convenient
Ncix is fine. Little slow but good. Figure out what you are buying yet? I keep seeing good kijiji deals here in town and thinking of you (I also have an i3 for sale soon)

anyone order anything for NCIX? I maxed out my card and they have interac which is convenient

I've been sitting on a custom PC in my wishlist that I want to buy in the next couple months. All the parts constantly change in price, and right now it's the most expensive it's ever been ($1413, as opposed to a low point of $1336). So keep things like that in mind, things are always on sale.

Jagxyz

I've been sitting on a custom PC in my wishlist that I want to buy in the next couple months. All the parts constantly change in price, and right now it's the most expensive it's ever been ($1413, as opposed to a low point of $1336). So keep things like that in mind, things are always on sale.

You should totally use price match, really easy with NCIX and it will save you a good amount.

SVxM

How long do they usually take to price match? They also add the shipping fee on top of the price match right?

It could take a business day or two. They don't add shipping fee on top of the competitor's price. So, it is nice to PM if you have 2500 NCIX points (free shipping, over $50 order) or if the shipping fee is lower at NCIX. The only thing they might add is the 2-3% on top if the competitor offers discounts when paying with cash.

Lexxism

It could take a business day or two. They don't add shipping fee on top of the competitor's price. So, it is nice to PM if you have 2500 NCIX points (free shipping, over $50 order) or if the shipping fee is lower at NCIX. The only thing they might add is the 2-3% on top if the competitor offers discounts when paying with cash.

Ah, sweet that's good to hear. What if I PM a certain item and the next day it went back to its original price? They won't PM it since it's already changed when they check the price?

ahdurian

man...i shouldn't have preordered BD through the E3 event from FS...I really want that CE, but I can't cancel my FS order because I already received one of the games...

mdubs

Banned
CanadaGAF, I'm planning on importing a 64gb vita card. Anyone have experience importing one, what's the best way to go about this without being charged for huge customs fees, ebay sellers or play-asia?

i-Jest

CanadaGAF, I'm planning on importing a 64gb vita card. Anyone have experience importing one, what's the best way to go about this without being charged for huge customs fees, ebay sellers or play-asia?

I bought mine off of Play-Asia. At the time they were the only ones I knew who had it. I also used a $5 coupon to cut down on cost, for all the good it did me. Shipping was $3.90. All together it cost me $121.76.

mdubs

Banned
I bought mine off of Play-Asia. At the time they were the only ones I knew who had it. I also used a $5 coupon to cut down on cost, for all the good it did me. Shipping was $3.90. All together it cost me $121.76.

Sounds good, did you have to pay any customs or anything? And did it come through Canada Post?

Yasumi

Banned
Any Vita deals happening? I'm itching to buy a second one, but with black probably being the only 2000 model that'll come out over here, and a black/pink 2000 import coming out to ~$260, I'd might as well get a cheaper 1000. Thinking kijijii might be my best bet.

I got mine from Nippon Yasan. It was something like $105 with Fedex shipping and a tracking number, and I didn't have to pay any customs. It took them a few days to send it out, but I still had it within a week of ordering.

MesH

Sounds good, did you have to pay any customs or anything? And did it come through Canada Post?

AS far as I know there is no customs fees when bringing things over from asia, I order Hot Toys from there cause of that fact. Paying hundreds of dollars for one piece and no customs and usually free shipping helps. I stay away from ordering anything from the US.

espher

I've purchased from them several times in the past, but I stopped using them last time after they dicked me around on one of their "limited quantities, price shows up after you finish your order" sales and burned me for about $100. They were good in the past when I had to price match and I bought components for 3 PCs from them, only ever had one bad part and they were quick to remedy that.

mdubs

Banned
I got mine from Nippon Yasan. It was something like $105 with Fedex shipping and a tracking number, and I didn't have to pay any customs. It took them a few days to send it out, but I still had it within a week of ordering.

Thanks, I ordered from them too. Paid $122 with ems shipping, hopefully it'll be here next week

suikodan

I plan on getting a BestBuy giftcard thru my Rewardzone Bonus. Anyone know if I can use that gift card for an order on Futureshop.ca?

I've seen different answers but they're old (2008-2009)

zroid

Banned
I think he's saying he's going to get a gift card with the reward zone points (by buying and returning, I suppose)

For Bestbuy reward zone program, what do the points really do? I know you can redeem points for reward certificates, but how much do you need for a certificate? What's the point:dollar ratio?

400 points = $5

you get 1 point per dollar spent, usually, although you get 2x points on gaming purchases (except consoles) if you sign up for the Gamer's Club (free).

Sajjaja

For Bestbuy reward zone program, what do the points really do? I know you can redeem points for reward certificates, but how much do you need for a certificate? What's the point:dollar ratio?

Top Bottom