• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

I think I might try Futureshop (then BestBuy if it does not work) just with djblue89 screenshot!

Edit: How far is too far when saying that a store has it in stock when price matching? All the Target in my city do not carry Tomb Raider on PS4...

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I took these pictures and showed them also here is a pic of my receipt.
ycyf8iQ.jpg

z3Wp80L.jpg

Welp, that's what I'll be doing, thanks!

Jachaos

Got the last tomb raider at Best Buy St-bruno.

Thinking of grabbing need for speed. Is it any good?

I like it. It's the only racing game too. It's real pretty as well.

However don't go in expecting amazing depth or a sim. There's little customization. You choose color, basic visuals upgrades, some performance upgrades and some weapons to defend against cops/arrest racers with (EMP, shockwave, spike strip, roadblock, etc.) I also don't see why you would even care about a story in this game but if you do, it's awful. It's simply an arcade racer with pretty visuals and in which you get dropped in an open-world map with some other players who either play as cops or racers (and so can race you or pursue you if they want and make your races against computers harder by trying to arrest you, etc.) You can drop into a single-player session if you want though.

kevin1025

Banned
What games aren't discounted at Target? I'm looking to go tomorrow and was looking to grab Knack, Need for Speed, Marvel Super Heroes and possibly Tomb Raider. Are they all included in the sale?

ref

What games aren't discounted at Target? I'm looking to go tomorrow and was looking to grab Knack, Need for Speed, Marvel Super Heroes and possibly Tomb Raider. Are they all included in the sale?

Yep, all those are. Every game on PS4 is.

i-Jest

TMAAAANNNNN!!! The nearest Target is on the east side of the city (Toronto). I'm in the opposite end of the city. When the fuck is the Stockyard Target opening? I'm tired of missing out on these deals! :(

MercuryLS

Banned
My FS and BB's refused to the do the PM even with photographic proof of the price :/

Said it needs to be in-stock. Here's hoping Target gets more copies in.

I just need March to arrive.......I have no desire to get Knack, Need for Speed, Ghosts or Marvel even at 35 dollars

I don't know how much longer I can play BF4 and NBA 2k14 lol

zroid

Banned
Speaking of March, I don't suppose anyone has seen PS4s turn up at any Shoppers stores yet?

It would be nice if I could get one before Infamous is out, but I'm not really in any hurry.

Do you guys think I can get enough money from Dead Rising 3, or Killzone Shadowfall at BB or FS, so I can pay for a price matched copy of Assassins Creed Black Flag?

ref

What are folks talking about? Cheap tomb raider ps4 at target? It's not on the flyer...

It says 'selected games' on the flyer, although it only shows three images.

But if you go to any target, every PS4 game is on sale for that price or lower.

big_z

It's also worth checking stores(the online store check is unreliable).

Just came from south Edmonton common before close and they had 7 ps4 in stock. 3 xbone. The person ahead of me was returning a ps4 and picked up an Xbox. The ps4 box was a bit busted so there might be and open box discount on one.

The south east edmonton besttbuy has 12 ps4 and 4 xbone. Both stores keep the consoles behind the counter of the return desk and no they werent in store pickup orders I asked.

Zing

Banned
Any deals spotted for the Nintendo 2DS? I think I'd like to get one for my daughter so we can play stuff together. I missed the $80 deal late last year. :(

edit: Holy shit, the retail on it is $130? That's ridiculous. I paid that for my regular 3DS during a sale. Sigh.

i-Jest

Yes, HDMI cables are all the same. They either work or they don't. Pay as little as possible.

I was just about to ask how to tell the good ones from the bad ones. It was my assumption that all HDMI cables weren't made equal. There had to be some type of qualification that made one perform better than another.

This makes things easier. Thanks.

Sure there are multiple HDMI standards but all of them will do 1080p

Since its a digital signal the quality of materials isn't as important as it is for analog connections. So you probably won't get more out of it by spending more money.

Sure there are multiple HDMI standards but all of them will do 1080p

Since its a digital signal the quality of materials isn't as important as it is for analog connections. So you probably won't get more out of it by spending more money.

This is true, but the cheaper ones are way more likely to fail over a longer length. If you need a long one then make sure you get one of better quality.

At the end of the day ALL signals are analog even though they may carry data digitally. Crappy metal with high parasitics and resistances are going to degrade your signal, and while it might not affect the quality of your content, it will make your link less reliable.

So tl;dr, only buy shitty cables if they're short.

kevin1025

Banned
An update on the Target deal. I was able to get Need for Speed Rivals and Knack for $34.99 at Target, but they didn't have Lego Marvel Super Heroes or Tomb Raider. Best Buy price matched for me, so I got all four games at the sale price. Score!

daevv

I have a feeling that Lego Marvel isn't included.

Haven't seen any Target price tag anywhere.

It wasn't anywhere in my local store, no tag either. I asked a rep if they had any out back and after being gone for a few mins came back and said it's not out yet. Not sure what that ment so I bought Angry Birds Star Wars and left.

Did not see any tags for Tomb Raider but I know they get a truck on Monday so I'll check again.

i know a target in ontario that has every ps4 game in stock for the 34.99 other then a few (madden, fifa, nba live, killzone, knack, injustice, battlefied, call of duty, etc...)

the only ones i didn't see were ac 4, nba 2k14 and lego. PM if you want the location, it's about 30 - 40 mins east of toronto so might be worth the trip (depending on where you live)

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I preordered Dark Souls 2 regular price version this week at EB. My receipt says Dark Souls 2"Day One" edition. What is that?

big_z

Speaking of March, I don't suppose anyone has seen PS4s turn up at any Shoppers stores yet?

It would be nice if I could get one before Infamous is out, but I'm not really in any hurry.

a few stores have a small selection of ps4 games but no consoles. shoppers is dropping games/electronics from many stores so chances of finding one will be slime to none.

ohlawd

is anyone here actually gonna buy FFX/X-2 Collection for Vita but will sell their X-2 code? Cuz I want X-2 and only X-2.

Jachaos

So I just joined Vita-GAF. Followed the advice for 180$ + 20x Optimum points making the purchase give 60$ back.

Thank you GAF for this thread, I've saved countless dollars so far. With Tsilon, FutureShop pre-orders, Trade-in games, etc.

Also, am set for a while now. 3DS, Wii U, PS4, Vita. Xbox One will be in a couple of years probably, around when GoW and Crackdown 3 come out.

a few stores have a small selection of ps4 games but no consoles. shoppers is dropping games/electronics from many stores so chances of finding one will be slime to none.

Yeah my Shoppers has a few PS4 games and that's about it. Oh and one 8 gig Vita memory card all by itself. LOL

Top Bottom