• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

For Bestbuy reward zone program, what do the points really do? I know you can redeem points for reward certificates, but how much do you need for a certificate? What's the point:dollar ratio?

They're really lame now, since they stripped out pretty much every promo that actually earns you bonus points. I've stopped going there as much now that they got rid of most of the deals.

Mupod

Dammit, I wish I'd preordered Dark Souls 2 back at E3, but I wasn't sure what version I wanted. Hell I didn't even have a PS3 back then.

And now there's rumblings that the PC version will be a month or more late so I want the PS3 ver. But Future Shop jacked the price up to $65 so I went with Amazon. Too bad for FS I guess...I've bought retail games exclusively from them for a couple years now because of tsilon, E3 promotions, and the fact that they send me games early for some reason.

They're really lame now, since they stripped out pretty much every promo that actually earns you bonus points. I've stopped going there as much now that they got rid of most of the deals.

Same here, I only go when they are the only one to have something in stock… Spend 800$ and get a 10$ off that you can only use in the store (and wait 35 days to get it)… gee! Thanks!

Jachaos

Next week's, starting tomorrow.

Vita is $180 at Shoppers Drug Mart, 20x the points this Sat. 36,000 points is almost $60.

How does that work ? I've never looked into Optimum Points. I live in Québec so do I just go to a Pharmaprix, buy a Vita, ask to register to the program, ask for the points on the Vita purchase and then have basically a 60$ gift card ?

Sora_N

How does that work ? I've never looked into Optimum Points. I live in Québec so do I just go to a Pharmaprix, buy a Vita, ask to register to the program, ask for the points on the Vita purchase and then have basically a 60$ gift card ?

Yes basically sign up for the card as you make the purchase, you'll automatically get the bonus points.

However it's not a gift card, you can only use it in a second transaction whenever you want. If you get 38,000 points that is worth $60 essentially. There are some bonus days where points are worth more than the base values though.

Jachaos

Yes basically sign up for the card as you make the purchase, you'll automatically get the bonus points.

However it's not a gift card, you can only use it in a second transaction whenever you want. If you get 38,000 points that is worth $60 essentially. There are some bonus days where points are worth more than the base values though.

Cool thanks ! I'll have to go check if the Vita is available for 180$ in my nearby Pharmaprix.

MarkusRJR

Are there any good clothing (affordable) stores that ship from within Canada and accept Paypal?

I purchased some clothes a few weeks and ended up getting charged $40 on import fees. I had made a list over the course of a few months of nice online clothing shops, only to check today and see basically all of them are in the US or Europe. Now I have no idea where to buy from.

Are there any good clothing (affordable) stores that ship from within Canada and accept Paypal?

I purchased some clothes a few weeks and ended up getting charged $40 on import fees. I had made a list over the course of a few months of nice online clothing shops, only to check today and see basically all of them are in the US or Europe. Now I have no idea where to buy from.

Maybe cash your money or just withdraw it from your paypal and shop at outlet malls :)

Ryne

Looks like I made two Bravely Default CE preorders, one at BestBuy and one at Amazon. In fear of turning this into shipping-Gaf, which one should I keep if I want the game near launch? Both are using the free shipping option.

Looks like I made two Bravely Default CE preorders, one at BestBuy and one at Amazon. In fear of turning this into shipping-Gaf, which one should I keep if I want the game near launch? Both are using the free shipping option.

BB it is!
Usually they deliver on release day or a day after!

Draff

Just got back from Target and picked up some discounted PS4 games. AC4, Need for Speed, Knack, BF4, CoD, Killzone were at $35, Just Dance 4 is $25.

FYI there's a PS4 available at the Danforth Target location.

frequency

Best Buy is the better chance. They will sometimes ship things before release so you get it on release day. Amazon more often then not ships pre-orders 1-3 days after release.

daevv

Just got back from Target and picked up some discounted PS4 games. AC4, Need for Speed, Knack, BF4, CoD, Killzone were at $35, Just Dance 4 is $25.

FYI there's a PS4 available at the Danforth Target location.

I didn't see Lego Marvel at my local store. Wondering if it is included. I also saw Angry Birds Star Wars for $25.

djblue89

Got back from Target and got Knack, Tomb Raider was also 34,99 but they were sold out, but got it PM'D at Futureshop ! 32,99$ for Tomb Raider is great !

ref

Just got back from BB with 4 PS4 games for $148.

Insane deal. $32.49 per game.

I'd make sure your local Target has stock though, as BB did call to check stock even though I told them I was just there and they did.

For what it's worth, the Grant Target location in Winnipeg has every PS4 game in stock with lots of copies. (Except for Tomb Raider, where there wasn't even a price tag for it which sucks).

MercuryLS

Banned
Just got back from BB with 4 PS4 games for $148.

Insane deal. $32.49 per game.

I'd make sure your local Target has stock though, as BB did call to check stock even though I told them I was just there and they did.

For what it's worth, the Grant Target location in Winnipeg has every PS4 game in stock with lots of copies. (Except for Tomb Raider, where there wasn't even a price tag for it which sucks).

Wait, which games are eligible.

djblue89

How did you PM at Futureshop? I don't see it in the Target flyer?
I took these pictures and showed them also here is a pic of my receipt.
ycyf8iQ.jpg

z3Wp80L.jpg

Top Bottom