• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Gadirok

Damn, and I felt bad about ordering 3 games ($120)...

MGSV (PS4)
Infamous SS
Final Fantasy XV

Nothing wrong with that.

I only preordered Infamous :SS, Killzone Merc, and Killzone shadowfall after careful thinking.

I cancelled my PS4 order from bestbuy and reordered at EB games.

Cactus

Banned
Jesus Christ you people are rich and nuts

My haul is Pokemon X, Y and Puppeteer for $90.

why am I so broke

I'm obviously only speaking for myself here, but the games I ordered cover like 85% of my planned gaming-related purchases over the next year, so it makes sense for me to order them all at once for 33% off. If I had to pay the money now, there's no way I'd be able to afford it, but paying $500 over the course of a year or so for 12 newly released games really isn't too bad.

Plus, a lot of people probably ordered games that they were unsure about, since Future Shop requires zero monetary obligation from the buyer. My fifth and final order, for example, consists of 3 PS4 games, but I probably won't be buying a PS4 until mid-to-late 2014 at the absolute earliest, so there's a good chance I'll end up cancelling it.

We're nuts? You're the one buying both pokemon games :p
The second one is a gift!
I'm obviously only speaking for myself here, but the games I ordered cover like 85% of my planned gaming-related purchases over the next year, so it makes sense for me to order them all at once for 33% off. If I had to pay the money now, there's no way I'd be able to afford it, but paying $500 over the course of a year or so for 12 newly released games really isn't too bad.

Plus, a lot of people probably ordered games that they were unsure about, since Future Shop requires zero monetary obligation from the buyer. My fifth and final order consists of 3 PS4 games, but I probably won't be buying a PS4 until mid-to-late 2014 at the absolute earliest, so there's a good chance I'll end up cancelling it.
That does make sense. I guess im just not sure about what I want or if I want any next gen stuff any time soon. Preordering and canceling does take the weight off though.

I will look back on this moment and kick myself for not jumping on this deal

iphys

So glad to be a portable gamer. I couldn't imagine spending thousands...

Yoshis Island (Nintendo 3DS) $19.99 (after $20 in RZ credit)
Pokemon Y (Nintendo 3DS) $19.99 (after $20 in RZ credit)
Mario & Luigi Dream Team (Nintendo 3DS) $19.99 (after $20 in RZ credit)
Sonic Lost World (Nintendo 3DS) $26.65
Legend Of Zelda Link Between Worlds (Nintendo 3DS) $26.65

Total: $113.27, so an average of 22.65 per game!

(Already have Smash pre-ordered for $25 from E3 2011)

Was Yoshi's Island a RZ qualifier? I thought it was just Dream Team, Pokemon, and Batman for 3DS. Lol, the BB site isn't even working right now. The BB offer wasn't even a bad offer, but FS did so much better in so many ways with their sale this year.

KarmaCow

why am I so broke

They don't charge until it ships so I just order a bunch of stuff that I might buy because this will probably be the best deal until next E3.

I actually drop over $1000 on this sale every year but I don't open the ones that have bad word of mouth. If you don't want a game you can return it to the store for a full refund even after its shipped to you.

isny

napkin dispenser
Was Yoshi's Island a RZ qualifier? I thought it was just Dream Team, Pokemon, and Batman for 3DS. Lol, the BB site isn't even working right now. The BB offer wasn't even a bad offer, but FS did so much better in so many ways with their sale this year.

I'm just going to assume it is. I ordered all three titles from FS as well just in case. If the points aren't added within the 36 days I'll bitch at BB and probably get them added with little to no hassle like I've done in the past. They're pretty good with adjusting RZ points.

krae_man

Yeah, I'm at like $1500 if you include the PS4 purchase. Then again this is over like 18 months so it works out to around 2 games a month which isn't much.

lupin23rd

I don't see PS4 Metal Gear Solid V, but I see it on other consoles.

Am I just not seeing it, is it sold out, or should I pre-order the PS3 version and call them later to change it? lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't see PS4 Metal Gear Solid V, but I see it on other consoles.

Am I just not seeing it, is it sold out, or should I pre-order the PS3 version and call them later to change it? lol
It's been linked in this thread somewhere. It's definitely on the star.

So, um, silly question: Is there a Trade 1 coming up at FS/BB soon, and chances a certain June 3DS release is on the list?

They had a Trade 1 deal this week for Animal Crossing, but that was apparently just for the game, not a gift card.

Unrelated: EB Games has a deal where trading in 5 games with a minimum $8 TIV gets you $100 towards a PS4/Xbone.

IllumiNate

Ok I give in I'm buying an Xbox One as well. This futureshop deal is far 2 good to resist.
If it wasn't for this sale on games I would have waited a year. Now my list is complete, ill post my complete list sorted by platform when I get home.
Hey what are the chances Nintendo drops the Premium to $249 this year? Nonono I shouldn't, I have enough games coming already...bahhh

Jagxyz

Any word on the $50 off ps3 headsets promo code that was supposed to be given with TLOU? I really wanna experience the game with decent sound.

Put in two orders, mostly for the big name Nintendo titles that never go on sale and a few gifts. (Project X Zone was sold out though, which sucks.)

I wanted to order more, but the other games I wanted I think might get special editions and/or pre-order bonuses so I held off.

Neki

Question about Futureshop ordering, there's no problem if I change my credit card to a different one later right? Will I still be charged the same amount?

Orca

Question about Futureshop ordering, there's no problem if I change my credit card to a different one later right? Will I still be charged the same amount?

I had one issue with last year's haul. For some reason I couldn't change the card, so I had to call in and get them to manually do it.

big_z

not sure which console i'll go with yet so i gotta cover my ground. i ended up with:

PS4
order 1:
Ass Creed 4
Watch Dogs
Battlefield 4

order 2:
MGSV
Final Fantasy 15
Destiny

XBone

order 1:
Ass Creed 4
Watch Dogs
Battlefield 4
Dead Rising 3

order 2:
MGSV
Titanfall
Destiny

order 3:
Crimson Dragon
Final Fantasy 15
GTAV(360)

first order for launch, second for 2014 titles. had to boot ff15 to the third order to get GTAV for $40. I have a feeling that game wont be out until late 2014 so i could cancel the rest of the order after gtav ships and re-order ff next E3.

Yasumi

Banned
Ended up switching my Xillia order to Tearaway at the last minute. As much as I want to support localized Tale of, I think I'll enjoy Tearaway more overall. I also realized I'd been charged $18 shipping on one of my orders and redid it. Glad I double-checked before the FS deal ended.

Neki

Twelve games:

Tales of Xilia (PS3)
Legend of Zelda (3DS)
Super Smash Bros (Wii U)

Pikmin 3 (Wii U)
Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

Lightning Returns (PS3)
Mario and Luigi: Dream Team (3DS)
Wind Waker HD (Wii U)

Pokemon X (3DS)
Pokemon X (3DS)
Pokemon Y (3DS)

not too bad, think the total was like 400 dollars

lupin23rd

First order (a couple days ago):

PS4 preorder

Second order (tonight):

PS4 - WatchDogs, Infamous, MGSV, FFXV, Destiny, Mirrors Edge 2, AC4, Witcher 3
PS3 - FFXIV, Puppeteer, Dragons Crown
PSV - Dragons Crown (double-dip)
3DS - Bravely Default, SMT4, Zelda LTTP2

Third order (5 minutes after order 2 because I fucking forgot DARK SOULS 2):

PS3 - Dark Souls 2, NHL14, FFXIII-3

I'll probably end up getting all the Wii U stuff at retail since I'm not sure when I'll get a Wii U.

$1160-ish. Goddamn.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member

why am I so broke

mah-nigga-gif.gif

i-Lo

I had to order 2 extra games when I ordered KZSF because I forgot to bundle it with my third order that had 5 games.

So finally:

PS3:

• The Last of Us

PS4:

• Destiny
  • Drive Club
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • inFamous Second Son
  • Killzone Shadow Fall
  • Knack
  • MGSV
  • Mirror's Edge 2
  • The Division
  • The Order 1886
  • The Witcher 3
  • Thief
  • Watch Dogs

Is it still possible to swap a game you preordered? I want to switch AC4 with Watch Dogs.

Unfortunately no.

I wish I had the control you did madam/sir. I have spent the last 3 days agonising over how much money this is and which ones to cancel. I've canceled and re-added games over and over again because I felt bad a few hours after canceling and just created the order again. I have no self control.

We think alike brother. I've done the exact same thing.

Any PS+ deals?

Sadly, none in Canada. I know that Best Buy in States is having a sale for $40.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
The ps+ dealz will co.e. Just wait.

So my orders have gone like this: Playstation 4, Destiny (PS4), The Witcher 3 (PS4), inFamous Second Son (PS4), Watch_Dogs (PS4), Tearaway (Vita), Mario and Luigi Dream Team (3DS), Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds (3DS), Saints Row IV (360), GTA V (360)

I'm just trying for games that are maybe likely to come out this year on systems that I do, or will, own.

I just decided on the Destiny, Witcher 3, and infamous pre-order in the last hour or so.

J-Man

I had forgot to add NHL14 to the list of games, so I had to make another order:

Order #6: NHL 14 (PS3), Mad Max (PS4) & Deep Down (PS4)

The last two are added because I like the property (Mad Max) and I liked the first trailer (Deep Down), but could easily see myself cancelling the order before either of them ship.

I've got 3 pre-orders for a PS4 down (Amazon.ca, Futureshop Online, and Microplay in store), so hopefully I'll be able to get one on launch day, but I also don't want to be charged for all three. May have to cancel one of those online ones.

I guess the FS deal expired before it hit midnight here on the west coast as my order is not showing any discounts currently so I only got 6 games preordered. Hopefully Tsilon comes through with some $20 off codes.

The only game I couldn't preorder with the offer was MGS Legacy because it is OOS :(
Other than that I have about 30 games preordered which can get me through the first two years of next gen :D

Firestorm

Crap it's over :(

My damage:
  • Pokémon Y (3DS)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds (3DS)
  • Super Smash Bros. (WiiU)
  • Super Mario 3D World (WiiU)
  • Sonic Lost World (WiiU)
  • Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)
  • Final Fantasy XV (PS4)
  • Mirror's Edge 2 (PS4)
  • Metal Gear Solid V (PS4)
  • Destiny (PS4)
  • Dragon's Crown (PS3)
  • Tales of Xillia (PS3)
  • PlayStation 4
Total: $446.55 in games + $399.99 console = $846.54 + tax
Savings: $226.66

Is it true that PS4 preorder is dominating till now?
I'm not trying to make a big argument, I just know very few preordering Xbone and looking at this topic the majority is going with PS4

12 console games + 3 3ds games + PS4 console

1083 dollars after tax

Saved 318.66 after tax

(Did not include titles that will almost certainly never see the light of day)

I guess I do have an XBone pre-order but I'm pretty sure I'm cancelling it eventually.......

Hoping Futureshop continues trade 2 get 60 dollar on a gift card and trade 1 for 40 next gen :p

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Isn't that futureshop deal essentially 3 for the price of 2? Why aren't they advertising it as that? It sounds way better

It's 4 for the price of 3. (3*33% discount on 3 full-price titles = 100% discount on a 4th title) Which is... kind of a weird thing to advertise, not THAT good. 33% off everything sounds better, imho.

Top Bottom