• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Order 1 (def buys):
Killzone: SF
Infamous: SS
Mirror's Edge 2
Destiny

Order 2 (probable buys):
Dying Light
The Division
The Order 1886

Order 3 (wait and see/need more info/longshots):
Mad Max
The Evil Within
Deep Down
Wolfenstein: NO

gillFTR

I look at this thread and I wish I can do stuff like you guys. :( God, $2000 preorders? Fuck.

Yeah I was very tame this time around and decided not to get a Xbone, being 24 while running our family business has given me too much disposable income. I had to stop myself and think about why I need one, and why I can't wait if im already getting PS4. I need to stop getting games just for the sake of spending money. I don't complete many or play them once and stop.

Merguson

Banned
Holy CRAP at some of these posts. So many games pre-ordered. I realize they're spread over several years but I just can't fathom it. I guess you can always cancel the orders or just return the games you don't want. Still insane to me. I just can't do that.

However, I did order six games.

For Xbox 360, went with GTA V, Batman Arkham Origins and Watch Dogs. I wanted Last of Us instead of Watch Dogs but the stock ran out before I could complete the order :(

I will probably end up returning Watch Dogs to futureshop.. I think I would prefer to get that for next-generation. Maybe Batman if the reception isn't very good. Main thing is GTA V. Wanted SP games this fall.

The next order was PS4 games that were at least guaranteed to release in 2014. MGS5, Destiny and The Witcher 3. Not sure if I will get the PS4 at launch so I avoided the launch games for now.

Well to be fair, I've preordered like 10 games but they're all likely going to be extremely spaced out. And you don't pay up front so it's not really like spending a lot of money. And like said above, some will end up cancelled completely. It's all just in case. If I want a game I can be like ohh I secured that for 40 bucks. If I don't want it then cancelllll.

chrono01

I made a sudden final order.

My list now looks like this:

Order #1:

Super Mario 3D World [Wii U]
Sonic Lost World [Wii U]
Legend of Zelda Wind Waker [Wii U]

Order #2:

Pikmin 3 [Wii U]
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze [Wii U]
Wonderful 101 [Wii U]

Order #3:

Mario Kart 8 [Wii U]
Bayonetta 2 [Wii U]
Super Smash Bros. [Wii U]

Order #4:

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster [PS3]
Pokemon X [3DS]
Pokemon Y [3DS]
Mario & Luigi Dream Team [3DS]
Legend of Zelda Link Between Worlds [3DS]
Super Smash Bros. [3DS]
Super Luigi U [Wii U]
Yoshi's Land [Wii U]

Order #5: [Last-Minute Order]

Dragon's Crown [Vita]
X [Wii U]
Bravely Default Flying Fairy [3DS]

Whew!

Tuck

Well, I preordered Mario 3D World, Smash Bros and Mario Kart. All three would take a while to drop in price (Mario Kart especially), and thsi way I get to enjoy them at launch.

I wanted to preorder Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda DS, Mario & luigi, Sonic Lost World and especially Rayman Origins and Wonderful 101 to support the developers. But its just too much. I looked at the price tag and felt awful. I'm gonna need to wait for all of them to drop in price, which is gonna take a long time. Maybe, hopefully, once I have graduated university in two years, I can take advantage of this deal fully like a lot of members in thsi thread. For now though, I'm gonna have to avoid some of the major releases this year. Cruddy feeling. Videogames dont seem so expensive when you buy them as they come, but buying them in bulk like I'm so tempted to do right now really makes you realize how pricey they are.

nope! did you have to preorder at a specific time? mine is from e3 2012.

I don't know when the offer first appeared, but it makes sense that only orders made while the offer was listed on the page would include it? I can't be sure though. I think you'd have to phone their support number to be sure.

chrono01

Videogames dont seem so expensive when you buy them as they come, but buying them in bulk like I'm so tempted to do right now really makes you realize how pricey they are.
You're still purchasing them "as they come" since you're only charged for what's released [and still at the incredible E3 Deal price]. :)

But I understand where you're coming from to. A massive list of pre-orders can be a frightening thing to see, but when you acknowledge that you would have purchased these titles anyway [and seeing how much you saved by pre-ordering ahead of time], it really does help comfort you.

I calculated my savings, and this deal saved me around $342. That's money I would have normally spent otherwise, considering these pre-orders were essentially "guaranteed pre-orders" for me. That's a pretty big savings!

J-Man

I've ordered 15 games, 3 of which will probably not ship. They are spread out except for the 3 launch/November PS4 games (I figure I'll want more of those games out of excitement for a new toy).

I did think I was ordered too many and would be on the high end of game preordered (still might cancel an order), until I saw this thread. I wish I had the time to play as many games as many people listed! I worry about the time with the ones I've already bought. It's less price than time for me, because you only get charged when the game ships.

Daigr

Well I guess I am set for the next year; made three more prorders from FS today.

Final Fantasy XV - PS4
Metal Gear Solid 5 - PS4
Wind Waker HD

and my other E3 preorders

Watchdogs -ps4
Dragon's Crown -vita
Bravely Default
Wonderful 101
Grand theft auto V-ps3
Battlefield 4-ps4
Destiny -ps4
Southpark -ps3
The last of us

and a ps4 console.

It seems FS is now sold out of PS4 Console pre-orders.

What I preordered from FS:

PS4 console

Tales of Xillia (PlayStation 3)
Batman: Arkham Origins (PlayStation 3)
Last Of Us (PlayStation 3)
South Park: The Stick Of Truth (PlayStation 3)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PlayStation 3)
Battlefield 4 (PC)
Kingdom Hearts 3 (PlayStation 4)
Metal Gear Solid V (PlayStation 4)
Final Fantasy XV (PlayStation 4)
Call Of Duty: Ghosts (PlayStation 4)
Watch Dogs (PlayStation 4)
Destiny (PlayStation 4)
inFamous Second Son (PlayStation 4)
Killzone Shadow Fall (PlayStation 4)

It ends today, but I imagine it won't really be taken down until early tomorrow morning. Still, you should get your orders in ASAP just in case.

I put most of my orders, just need to make a last order for MGS V and FFXV and probably a few games for a fellow US gamer lol
It's finally the day Americans would want to shop at Canadian retailers :D

Neki

I want to pre-order more games, but I'm afraid of my backlog. Nothing wrong with pre-ordering KH3, I don't even know if that's coming out still!

Lexxism

I have a question for returning a game. Let's say they shipped my order and I think that I don't want this game and I want to return it. Will they refund for what I paid?

Yes, bring the unopened game and invoice (which they don't include with the orders anymore so you will have to print it out) to any Futureshop store.

It's 30 days but I don't know if they count it from the release date or from the ship date if they ship it late. Either way, don't wait until the last day (although I did get away with returning a game 45 days after shipment last year because I talked to the girl in returns).

I forgot to asked. Will I get cash for the refund or maybe in-store credits/gift card? Thank you.

I forgot to asked. Will I get cash for the refund or maybe in-store credits/gift card? Thank you.

99% sure it'll be credited back to your credit card. I think that's what they did when I pre-ordered Forza 4 and then pre-ordered again from Toys R Us for cheaper.

ssowinski

Dark Souls 2 (PlayStation 3) $39.99
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PlayStation 3) $39.99
Dragon's Crown (PlayStation 3) $33.32
Last Of Us (PlayStation 3) $39.99
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (PlayStation 3) $33.32
Diablo 3 (PlayStation 3) $39.99
Rayman Legends (PlayStation 3) $39.99

Will not be returning any of them.

Ordered Tomb Raider, Dead Island (returned and bought for $10 later) and Uncharted 3 after E3 2011. I love these preorder deals.

Quadratic

Just finished up all my E3 preorders. I realized I mainly got the PS4 multiplatform games not because the possibility of trade in later. More because I think PS4 will handle them better due to the hardware edge. I think Xbone will be my exclusives only console this generation.

Jessicat

Ugh, what is this environmental shit fee for printers ;>> Wanted to nab a cheap all-in-one from FS for doing scanning, but the +$10.50 fee + tax sort of kills the $40 deal :/ What do GAF? Or are there better places to buy [also with free shipping]?
Also thinking of making one last e3 pre-order...order. Dunno, will Diablo 3 be worth it for PS3 [not getting PS4 for a while] or should I grab a filler game? XD

Dropped $1800 on pre-orders for Vita, PS3, PS4, 3DS, and Wii U. Pretty much covered for the next year (and beyond) of gaming.

I love these e3 sales that FS has. I pretty much pick up everything that I'm interested in (and would buy anyways) but save a ton of cash on Day 1.

frequency

Wow, I only ordered four games ($180). I'm not sure if that makes me responsible or irresponsible.

I wish I had the control you did madam/sir. I have spent the last 3 days agonising over how much money this is and which ones to cancel. I've canceled and re-added games over and over again because I felt bad a few hours after canceling and just created the order again. I have no self control.

Orca

Dead Rising 3
Forza 5
Titanfall
Quantum Break
Battlefield 4
Madden
Assassin's Creed IV
Witcher 3
MGS 5
Watch Dogs
Dragon Age Inquisition
UFC
Splinter Cell Blacklist
The Division
Destiny
Arkham Origins
Thief
Final Fantasy XV
Need for Speed Rivals
NBA 2K14
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
The Evil Within

Made the order in batches according to the potential I give them for riskiness, so I can cancel out of a batch if it looks like a couple of stinkers are brewing up. Even if I get burned for one or two, at $40 a pop day one it's tough to complain. Total is somewhere around $875.

Ondore

So, um, silly question: Is there a Trade 1 coming up at FS/BB soon, and chances a certain June 3DS release is on the list?

isny

napkin dispenser
So glad to be a portable gamer. I couldn't imagine spending thousands...

Yoshis Island (Nintendo 3DS) $19.99 (after $20 in RZ credit)
Pokemon Y (Nintendo 3DS) $19.99 (after $20 in RZ credit)
Mario & Luigi Dream Team (Nintendo 3DS) $19.99 (after $20 in RZ credit)
Sonic Lost World (Nintendo 3DS) $26.65
Legend Of Zelda Link Between Worlds (Nintendo 3DS) $26.65

Total: $113.27, so an average of 22.65 per game!

(Already have Smash pre-ordered for $25 from E3 2011)

chrono01

I made one last order before the deal ends.

The Evil Within [PS4]
infamous: Second Sons [PS4]
Metal Gear Solid V [PS4]

I have a Playstation 4 pre-ordered, but I'm not 100% sure I'll be picking it up at launch or not. I need to see what the game situation/release schedule is as it nears release. Then, I'll make my decision. I was tempted to pre-order Final Fantasy XV, but by the time it's released [a few years away, I'm sure] they will likely have a Special/Limited Edition, and I'll want to grab that. Similar to Kingdom Hearts 3.

I have the above games in a separate order so I can easily cancel if I need to. I figured I'd place the order just in-case. :)

Cactus

Banned
After a couple of changes, I think I'm done:

1: SMT4, Dark Souls, Wonderful 101
2: Pokemon, Xillia, Pikmin
3: Link Between Worlds, Tropical Freeze, 3D World
4: Smash Bros, Mario Kart, X
5: Final Fantasy XV, MGS5, Evil Within

All I have to do now is switch my SMT preorder at EB Games to YS: Celceta. Has anyone here done something like that before? The game is fully paid off, but I don't see why it would be an issue. Hopefully they can transfer the funds over to YS and just hand me the extra $10+ in cash.

Top Bottom