• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

lupin23rd

It's 4 for the price of 3. (3*33% discount on 3 full-price titles = 100% discount on a 4th title) Which is... kind of a weird thing to advertise, not THAT good. 33% off everything sounds better, imho.

If you buy 2 games @ full price (assume $60), that's $120.

If you pick 3 games, which drops the price of each to $40, that's also $120.

3 for the price for 2, no? It's late so my math may be off.

IllumiNate

Well the sales over and here's my final list. Not as crazy as some of you but still pretty insane.

PS4:
Killzone Shadow Fall
Final Fantasy XV
Metal Gear Solid V
Destiny
Witcher 3 The Wild Hunt
Watch Dogs
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Starwars Battlefront
Tom Clancys The Division
FIFA 14
Infamous Second Son
The Order 1886
Deep Down
Mirror's Edge 2
The Crew
Dragon Age Inquisition
Kingdom Hearts 3
EA Sports UFC
Batman Arkham Origins

Xbox One:
Forza 5
Dead Rising 3
Ryse Son of Rome
Battlefield 4
Quantum Break
Call Of Duty: Ghosts
Halo
Titanfall
Crimson Dragon
Elder Scrolls Online

XBOX 360:
Grand Theft Auto V

3DS:
Yoshi's Island
Bravely Default
Pokemon X
Legend Of Zelda Link Between Worlds
Professor Layton & The Azran Legacy

Vita:
Killzone: Mercenary
Dragon's Crown

Total $1455.65

If I owned a Wii-U and a PS3 I'd be dead.

Layth

I ordered 9 games yesterday.

Order 1:
The Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3
Zelda: Wind Waker HD

Order 2:
Mario & Luigi Dream Team
Zelda: A Link Between Two World
Pokemon Y (I dunno why I picked Y over X lol)

Order 3:
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8

Shame by the time I ordered Rayman Legends was gone as was Project X Zone and Game & Wario.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If you buy 2 games @ full price (assume $60), that's $120.

If you pick 3 games, which drops the price of each to $40, that's also $120.

3 for the price for 2, no? It's late so my math may be off.

... yeah you're right. It's late. -facepalm-

Firestorm

Is it true that PS4 preorder is dominating till now?
I'm not trying to make a big argument, I just know very few preordering Xbone and looking at this topic the majority is going with PS4
Don't know a single person who pre-ordered the XBone. 360 was my main console this gen with my 360 library at least 5x larger than my PS3 one. I got all my multiplatform titles on 360. I just preferred the OS and controller.

$100 cheaper and less bullshit has me going PS4 as my primary next gen.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It's 4 for the price of 3. (3*33% discount on 3 full-price titles = 100% discount on a 4th title) Which is... kind of a weird thing to advertise, not THAT good. 33% off everything sounds better, imho.
You're thinking of the Best Buy deal (3x$60 gets you $60 worth of RZ points to use later on a 4th game). It's why the FS deal was better.

Ondore

FS/BB flyer stuff now that we're back to normal:

Futureshop
- Friday to Sunday only - $249.99 Vita Assassin's Creed Liberation bundle includes Little Big Planet Vita and Soul Sacrifice
- Last of Us has a steelbook and $10 toward "select games" in July

Best Buy
- $50 off the PS3 Headset with Last of Us purchase
- WiiU includes one of Just Dance 3, Twilight Princess or Mario Galaxy (Selects)
- Original 3DS includes Kid Icarus Uprising

Both
- Injustice $49.99
- Tiger Woods 14, FIFA 13, Sim City (PC) or CoDBlops II $39.99
- Army of Two: Devil's Cartel, Crysis 3, Dead Space 3, NHL 13, Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012, Sims 3 University/Seasons $29.99
- GTA Episodes from Liberty City $15

Noahd41

Neo Member
Is it true that PS4 preorder is dominating till now?
I'm not trying to make a big argument, I just know very few preordering Xbone and looking at this topic the majority is going with PS4

Futureshop sold out of PS4 preorders but not Xbone ones. Take that for what it's worth...

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Futureshop
- Friday to Sunday only - $249.99 Vita Assassin's Creed Liberation bundle includes Little Big Planet Vita and Soul Sacrifice
Snazzy deal. Assassin's Creed Liberation isn't a great game (it's an impressive attempt at a portable AC), but the other two titles and wonderful.

gillFTR

Don't know a single person who pre-ordered the XBone. 360 was my main console this gen with my 360 library at least 5x larger than my PS3 one. I got all my multiplatform titles on 360. I just preferred the OS and controller.

Well hopefully reports of the DS4 feeling way better than the DS3 will help you rest more easy.

Final E3 Haul:

Future Shop Deal:
Final Fantasy XV (PS4)
MGSV (PS4)
Mario Kart 8

Need for Speed: Rivals (PS4)
Super Mario 3D World
Legend of Zelda: WW HD

Assassin's Creed IV (PS4)
Watch Dogs (PS4)
Call of Duty Ghosts (PS4)

Zelda: Link Between Worlds
Gran Turismo 6
WWE 2k14 (PS3)

Dragon's Crown (Vita)
Killzone Mercenearies (Vita)
South Park (PS3)

SMT IV
The Last of Us
Pokemon X

EB in store orders:
Battlefield IV (PS4)
Killzone: Shadowfall (PS4)
DriveClub (PS4)
Playstation 4 (EB Paid in Full)

zroid

Banned
I can't believe I pre-ordered Mario Kart 8. After my interest in the series (and kart-racers, in general) steeply declined since Mario Kart DS, I thought for sure MK7 would be my last MK.

...but then Nintendo roped me back in with their pretty graphics and crazy-ass anti-gravity gimmick. I'm such a sucker. :(

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Just got TLoU in the mail. I have to get ready to leave for an appointment so I'll be popping it in a little later.

Oh my... I had a problem with my credit card and I can't use it to process my 39.99 The last of us. It still keeps my copy until next Monday... I would need a gift card from FutureShop.

Now now... I started God of War: Ascension and I got bored... and I have finished New Super Mario Bros 2 on 3DS and I have SMT: Soul Hacker that I don't think I will ever have the energy to invest in... They all qualify... haha I hate when I don't know what to do, I have such trouble getting rid of games even if I know I will probably not touch them ever again!

Midou

Missed this thread when sale was going on but I got the following from the Futureshop E3 Sale:

3DS:
Bravely Default
Zelda Link Between Worlds
Shin Megami Tensei 4

WiiU (don't even have one):
Bayonetta 2
Smash Bros
Mario Kart 8

PS3:
Dark Souls 2
Tales of Xillia

PS4:
MGS5
FFXV
KH3
Deep Down
inFamous
Destiny

Next-gen locked down for next few years at $40 a pop, amazing stuff(even more amazing if next-gen games end up being $70 :p). $26 for Nintendo published 3DS games is also cheaper than it will be like ever, still see 5 year old nintendo games at full price.

Total was like $580 with $260 or so in savings.

Only thing I wish they would have added was Monolith Soft's X. Maybe it didn't have an official enough title for them to put it, but they had freaking SMT x Fire Emblem and that only had a 2 second teaser but we got minutes of X footage. :(

Yup exactly the same for me

Dazzler

Final pre-order tally for a total of 964 dollars:

PS4
PS4 Console
Metal Gear Solid 5
Final Fantasy XV
Destiny
Star Wars: Battlefront
Call of Duty: Ghosts

Wii U
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Wind Waker HD

3DS
Bravely Default
Zelda: Between Worlds
Pokemon X

Xbox 360
GTA V

I have questions about the Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum card points thing because their website is the less informative website I ever saw!

I have like 21 500 points. It says 22 000 worth 30$. Once I get 22 000, how to I get my 30 bucks?

Also, points ever expire if I am too slow to use them?

Thanks!

Fularu

Banned
Final list :

PS3 :

-GT6
-FF X-X2 HD
-SW1313 (filler)

PS4 :

- Diablo 3
- Planescape 2 (filler)
- Trials Evolution (filler)
- Dark Sorcerer (filler)

WiiU :

- Sonic
- SM3DW
- Yoshi
- WWHD
- Bayonetta 2
- The Wonderfull 101
- Donkey Kong
- Mario Kart 8
- Wii U Party
- Game and Wario
- X
- FE x SMT
- New Super Luigi
- Pikmin 3
- Super Smashbros
- Trine 2 DC (filler)

3DS :

- BDFF
- SMTIV
- Yoshi
- Pokemon X
- Professor Layton 6

Not bad :p

Anth0ny

Just got back from my local Future Shop. The same Future Shop where I pre-ordered a Wii U 2 weeks after pre-orders were open, and was #1 on the list. The same Future Shop where, come Wii U launch, I was STILL the only person who pre-ordered a Wii U.

They are not taking any more PS4 pre-orders due to high demand.

I'm scared.

Tiktaalik

So when I bought Revengence from FutureShop in May it came with a "get a "$10 gaming credit towards any 1 video game software purchase $19.99 and up.... valid June 1st to June 30th.. offer cannot be combined with any other offers"

When I tried to use this coupon to get Animal Crossing, the folks at the store were surprised to find that the system simply wouldn't support it. I suspect the reason is the bolded part, as Animal Crossing came with the same sort of $10 off deal, but for July. Now I'm looking at The Last of Us, the only other game I'm interested in buying in June, and it also has the same damn deal for $10 off a July game. These FutureShop deals are stomping on last month's FutureShop deals so I guess you can pretty much never use these $10 off coupons on new releases. I'm going to try it again anyway but I'm expecting failure.

Irritating!

kitzkozan

Didn't order from FS or BB, even if I originally had 3 games in my shopping cart. :p With how limited my time for gaming currently is, it doesn't really make sense to invest so much money in games. I don't need to have them day one also, so I will keep my strategy of being patient and buying these upcoming games for cheap outside of GTA V which I already had pre-ordered.

I jumped on the Playstation 4 pre-order at EB games, especially since I will trade-in some stuff over the next 5-6 months which should more or less cover the cost of the console. :] Although I'm not a fan of EB games, can't argue with the fact that it's a good place to pre-order a new console since you can trade-in games or old consoles to mostly pay for it. It seems I'm 100% assured to get it day one as well.

is ebgames still taking preorders? i can't make it to a store until saturday.

When I went in Tuesday morning the guy made it sound like they wouldn't have any more orders available by the end of day. Recently, I've heard their allotment has expanded so there is hope. Definitely call before you go.

I know Future Shop and Best Buy cut off in store and online orders yesterday.

btkadams

When I went in Tuesday morning the guy made it sound like they wouldn't have any more orders available by the end of day. Recently, I've heard their allotment has expanded so there is hope. Definitely call before you go.

I know Future Shop and Best Buy cut off in store and online orders yesterday.

damn! what is up with preorders selling out so fast? i preordered a wii u so late lol. i also ordered my vita when amazon was shipping..

i may call and go later today. i ordered online from amazon and futureshop, but it was just as a placeholder before i get one from a store.

teeg

So when I bought Revengence from FutureShop in May it came with a "get a "$10 gaming credit towards any 1 video game software purchase $19.99 and up.... valid June 1st to June 30th.. offer cannot be combined with any other offers"

When I tried to use this coupon to get Animal Crossing, the folks at the store were surprised to find that the system simply wouldn't support it. I suspect the reason is the bolded part, as Animal Crossing came with the same sort of $10 off deal, but for July. Now I'm looking at The Last of Us, the only other game I'm interested in buying in June, and it also has the same damn deal for $10 off a July game. These FutureShop deals are stomping on last month's FutureShop deals so I guess you can pretty much never use these $10 off coupons on new releases. I'm going to try it again anyway but I'm expecting failure.

Irritating!

You should be able to use it for Animal Crossing. I used a $10 receipt coupon that I got from Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D for Animal Crossing on Sunday. The Animal Crossing receipt then printed another one for July.

I would try again when someone else is working as it sounds like whoever was helping you was doing it incorrectly... even though it's written step by step on the receipt.

Top Bottom