• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Takuan

I preordered that PS 'Druple along with MGSV, FFXV, and Destiny. There's a good chance the 'druple will be sitting in its box for a few months.

iphys

I have questions about the Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum card points thing because their website is the less informative website I ever saw!

I have like 21 500 points. It says 22 000 worth 30$. Once I get 22 000, how to I get my 30 bucks?

Also, points ever expire if I am too slow to use them?

Thanks!

When you go to make your purchase, you tell them you want to redeem 22,000 points and hand them your optimum card.

Your points can be taken away if you don't earn any for 12 consecutive months, so make sure you at least go buy something that's over a buck to earn some points if it's been a while.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
RIP 1313:

Hello,

On your recent visit to Futureshop.ca you ordered the Star Wars 1313 (XBOX 360). Due to reasons beyond our control, Star Wars 1313 (XBOX 360) is no longer available. Therefore, we will need to cancel your order. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused.

We thank you for your loyalty to Future Shop and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Sincerely,

The Futureshop.ca Team

When you go to make your purchase, you tell them you want to redeem 22,000 points and hand them your optimum card.

Your points can be taken away if you don't earn any for 12 consecutive months, so make sure you at least go buy something that's over a buck to earn some points if it's been a while.
You lose points for inactivity? Yikes.

Daigr

Futureshop sent the last of us last night and was in my mailbox at 10 am. Very impressed with my first order. Is this normal for them? I'm east of Toronto.
Edit: I got free ground shipping

Great, thanks! Now to remember when was the last time I went in haha!

Sajjaja

My futureshop TLOU order says it was delivered successfully and the tracking says delivered, yet I checked my mailbox and I haven't received anything. What gives?

iphys

You lose points for inactivity? Yikes.

The craziest thing is they also take away your points if you die, so make sure your loved ones know to just use your card or transfer the points without saying anything to Shoppers. Seems pretty cruel of Shoppers, but I guess they must have a lot of seniors that shop there, so it's one easy way for them to save money on the program.

My futureshop TLOU order says it was delivered successfully and the tracking says delivered, yet I checked my mailbox and I haven't received anything. What gives?

Canada post? They like to put "delivered" down as your status when your package has actually just put onto the delivery truck. It's happened to me countless times.

zroid

Banned
oh jeez, was playing Animal Crossing all morning, and then had to cut the grass; totally forgot about TLOU. I guess it must be in my mailbox right now. Can't wait to grab it.

Sajjaja

Canada post? They like to put "delivered" down as your status when your package has actually just put onto the delivery truck. It's happened to me countless times.

But there are two different entries on the tracking log that say "Item out for delivery" at two different times =/ Last time they delivered Revengence, it was in my mailbox no problems D:

I WANT MY TLOU DAMN IT!

J-Man

I also got that Star Wars 1313 email, does that mean that the other game I had in the order (I've already received The Last of US) won't get the discount?

iLLmAtlc

Were you home the whole day? If not it might have been taken to the closest post office happened to me.

Midou

When I went in Tuesday morning the guy made it sound like they wouldn't have any more orders available by the end of day. Recently, I've heard their allotment has expanded so there is hope. Definitely call before you go.

I know Future Shop and Best Buy cut off in store and online orders yesterday.

Yeah that's what I was told at EB Games. Friend recently did Wal-mart pre-order. I'd assume they would get a pretty big shipment.

Tiktaalik

Deluxe WiiU at superstore is Nationwide $299
PS3 320gb move bundle $249.99 Sat at shoppers during the 20x points event

Just had a look at Futureshop and the Vita is $199 there. The retailers were like, "huh no price drop at E3? Well we're gonna clear this low selling stuff anyway..."

Huh, I just got a $50 off certificate for a pair of PS3 headphones from Futureshop due to my Last of Us purchase. That's odd, don't remember seeing that as an option at all.

Are they any good? I'd probably use them to watch movies off my laptop more than anything.

Assuming I buy them, that means I'll have paid $95 (+ tax) for TLoU and the headphones combined.

Sora_N

I got cancellations on Star Wars 1313 at last, 4-5 emails saying that my order(s) were CANCELLED. Here's what it says:

Shipment 1 Scheduled for Ground
Qty. Product Description Total

Dynasty Warrior 8 (PlayStation 3)

Item Status: Pre-Order
Release Date: 07/16/2013
Review & Rate Product $39.99

Shipment 2 Scheduled for Ground
Qty. Product Description Total

Star Wars 1313 (PlayStation 3)

Item Status: Pre-Order
Release Date: 12/31/2013

Customer Rating:
5.0 /5

(Based on 1 votes)
Review & Rate Product $79.98
Item Price $0.00

So does item price $0.00 just mean that one item is gone?

I didn't even get a certificate lol, maybe they knew what I was doing with it. :p

EDIT: Looks like only my orders with two copies of SW1313 were like that, the last one I had with just one copy of SW still says $39.99.

Huh, I just got a $50 off certificate for a pair of PS3 headphones from Futureshop due to my Last of Us purchase. That's odd, don't remember seeing that as an option at all.

Are they any good? I'd probably use them to watch movies off my laptop more than anything.

Assuming I buy them, that means I'll have paid $95 (+ tax) for TLoU and the headphones combined.

Yeah I was wondering about them too. Kinda tempted to get them to use with my PC.

I got that too (the 50$ off) but my order still has not process due to problem with my credit card... did I just discover a way to get their pre-order bonus without buying the games? haha

yup got the $50off wireless headset. if anyone wants this give a shout. they're $100 so 50% off is a good deal.

10177893.jpg

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm thinking of getting the headset for my brother because he just had a baby and it would be great for him to play games without waking her.

Joeku

I wish I could actually afford TLoU. Should've got onboard the tsilon $40 train. Does EB still just take returns on things within a week?

Mupod

haha I'm actually in the market for a PS3 headset since I don't have one. Thinking of getting one myself with the coupon.

yup got the $50off wireless headset. if anyone wants this give a shout. they're $100 so 50% off is a good deal.

Mine hasn't shown up yet. Is it only the old headset that this code works for? They weren't specific in the offer and I was intending to use the $50 off on the Pulse. Disappointing.

Actually I think they were specific. The offer linked to this search. If it seriously only works for the old headset, that's a little weak.

Also, did anyone getting The Last of Us with a discount (specifically a tsilon code) get the headset code? Or did everyone getting the code pay full price?

Triple Edit: Seems like maybe I'm not getting a code. Does anyone have one they aren't going to use that I could steal?

Mupod

Hm...does the headset work on Wii U? Googling says the newer model does, and this uses the same dongle right?

edit: seems like that's a no, damn. Oh well, Gamepad mic works fine.

Also, did anyone getting The Last of Us with a discount (specifically a tsilon code) get the headset code? Or did everyone getting the code pay full price?

I got the $20 off from the E3 promotion and I got the code.

Swance

Neo Member
Mine hasn't shown up yet. Is it only the old headset that this code works for? They weren't specific in the offer and I was intending to use the $50 off on the Pulse. Disappointing.

Actually I think they were specific. The offer linked to this search. If it seriously only works for the old headset, that's a little weak.

Triple Edit: Seems like maybe I'm not getting a code. Does anyone have one they aren't going to use that I could steal?

Sent you a PM.

Tiktaalik

So all of Vancouver is sold out of The Last of Us (when's the last time a AAA game sold out so fast?). Does anyone have any ideas of where I could get a copy ? Shoppers drug mart maybe?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Is the PS headset any good? Can I connect it to my PC and use it there? I don't play multiplayer on my consoles.

EDIT: Nvmd answered above

MDSLKTR

Man BB and FS in Montreal were sold out of ps4 preorders... I'm pretty much in panic mode now until I get a preorder lol.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I am a hypochondriac when it comes to these things. So I am debating between buying the discounted wireless headset, and not buying the wireless headset.

Top Bottom