• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

UberTag

And Infamous Second Son is now 69.99 on Amazon, wish I got in on that 39.99 today but still glad I have mine preordered at 59.99 now
It's still $59.99 at videogamesplus.ca. Not sure about anywhere else, though.
(Digital release will still come in at that price on PSN.)

And Infamous Second Son is now 69.99 on Amazon, wish I got in on that 39.99 today but still glad I have mine preordered at 59.99 now

Yep. Just checked today. Fucking shit. I think I might skip out on this then... Or just get it from VGP since they haven't increased prices yet. I hope VGP ships super quick to areas within Toronto... Since they're located in Toronto as well. They're also the only ones with Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme listed for some reason. Guess they'll be getting my business from now on.

yeah. getting a feeling pretty much every major retailer will be selling games for 69.99 ps4/xb1/ps3/360 44.99 3ds etc eventually by april.

atleast i dont buy most game day one anyways.

next best bet is to hope for the indie retail shops

Lexxism

No Vita clearance yet?? :(

I doubt we will ever see a clearance on it. Target, costco and london drugs already did a clearance. BB/FS already cleared there vita stocks while selling it at 199.99. Even walmart has the console oos online. I think TRU, source EB are mostly stores with stocks left.

Ugh. The worst thing about the Infamous: Second Son bullshit: I'd put in a $9 cable that I was hoping to lump in with a larger order. Now that Amazon.ca's removed Infamous from that order, I'm now being charged shipping (SIX BUCKS) and because the order is now "Shipping Soon" I can't even get the cancellation stuff to work.

Fucking Amazon.

Ugh. The worst thing about the Infamous: Second Son bullshit: I'd put in a $9 cable that I was hoping to lump in with a larger order. Now that Amazon.ca's removed Infamous from that order, I'm now being charged shipping (SIX BUCKS) and because the order is now "Shipping Soon" I can't even get the cancellation stuff to work.

Fucking Amazon.

Send them and email and they might refund you that shipping fee, they are usually nice enough to do such things!

mdubs

Banned
Question, if I'm ordering a couple Blu-rays from Amazon.com, it is better to just order from them directly and pay up for shipping or is GamesforCanada.com a good deal and will save me money?

Question, if I'm ordering a couple Blu-rays from Amazon.com, it is better to just order from them directly and pay up for shipping or is GamesforCanada.com a good deal and will save me money?

If it's like $5 saving on a Bluray I'd go for the cheaper option but if it's something big I'd rather go with Amazon themselves, you're safe both ways since it's Amazon!

khaaan

Wouldn't the pre-order price guarantee cover everyone who already has a preorder?

Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.ca price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

I guess temporary drops don't count.

Past

Uh oh, I just noticed that FS upgraded my E3 pre-order of FFX/X-2 HD collection to the Limited Edition. That's great and all, but the Limited Edition says "English" in the site and I am from Montreal. Am I screwed?

Seik

Banned
Uh oh, I just noticed that FS upgraded my E3 pre-order of FFX/X-2 HD collection to the Limited Edition. That's great and all, but the Limited Edition says "English" in the site and I am from Montreal. Am I screwed?

I'm from Quebec as well and I bought many item that weren't supposed to be in French during last E3's deal, though it worked, because I think they applied the shitty 'We unfortunately can't apply the deal in Qc because of some shitty claustrophobic French law' shortly after it. That's just my guess, though. I tried to buy games not so long after it. During a 15% off deal and many didn't worked because of that shit, I could only buy some Ubisoft games, so I only pre-ordered Rayman Legend and was done with it. :(

They'll honor the deal because you bought those before the law applied, that's just me though, maybe the best way to know would be to contact customer support.

That said, I can't wait to know what I'll be able to order for the next E3 deal. Last two years I bought up to $350 worth of games, but if this cock blocker of a law is as big as I think, I'll be really disappointed.

Jinto

EB Games has my Tales Of Symphonia Chronicles CE. Just need to pick it up on Tuesday. I'm gonna make sure to look over the box this time. Even though it doesn't look as flimsy as the BD one, there still besta be no damage, yo.

ohlawd

EB Games has my Tales Of Symphonia Chronicles CE. Just need to pick it up on Tuesday. I'm gonna make sure to look over the box this time. Even though it doesn't look as flimsy as the BD one, there still besta be no damage, yo.
craaaap maybe I should have done in store instead of online.

chrono01

craaaap maybe I should have done in store instead of online.
I wouldn't worry.

The box for the Collector's Edition is relatively big, so they won't be able to stuff it in some bubble envelope and mail it away. I ordered the CE of Tales of Xillia from them, as well as other larger-sized CE/LE, and they've arrived perfectly fine.

Maybe I'm just secretly trying to convince myself of this since I ordered the CE from them too...

ohlawd

I wouldn't worry.

The box for the Collector's Edition is relatively big, so they won't be able to stuff it in some bubble envelope and mail it away. I ordered the CE of Tales of Xillia from them, as well as other larger-sized CE/LE, and they've arrived perfectly fine.
ah no lol was jelly of a Tuesday pick up. I picked free shipping so.... gonna be a week, man!

chrono01

ah no lol was jelly of a Tuesday pick up. I picked free shipping so.... gonna be a week, man!
Ah, I gotcha.

Thankfully I chose Express for mine, but I probably won't get around to playing it for a while. My backlog. ;_;

I hope yours arrives quickly [and safely].

ohlawd

Ah, I gotcha.

Thankfully I chose Express for mine, but I probably won't get around to playing it for a while. My backlog. ;_;

I hope yours arrives quickly [and safely].
Same to you.

anywho, forget your backlog, playing ToS and chilling at the OT with ohlawd is much more important :p

chrono01

Same to you.

anywho, forget your backlog, playing ToS and chilling at the OT with ohlawd is much more important :p
I don't know. I'm afraid if I don't clear out my backlog, at least a bit, that it will become self-aware and devour me in my sleep.

Do not think that I can't, and won't, happen.

Send them and email and they might refund you that shipping fee, they are usually nice enough to do such things!

I emailed to cancel before I saw this, and they ended up just refunding the shipping cost like you said they might, so hurray. We're cool again, Amazon.ca. For now, anyways. Still not pleased at your artificial shipping delays for game pre-orders, though.

big_z

im not sure if I should open the xbone I won or sell it off but I also have titan fall pre-ordered from back when future shop did the E3 promo. if I choose to sell the xbone can I take the copy of titanfall to future shop and exchange it for dark souls 2(360) or would they make me pay the difference?

im not sure if I should open the xbone I won or sell it off but I also have titan fall pre-ordered from back when future shop did the E3 promo. if I choose to sell the xbone can I take the copy of titanfall to future shop and exchange it for dark souls 2(360) or would they make me pay the difference?

Extremely unlikely they will let you do that, the few instances they allowed an exchange it was a different console version of the same game!

I'll buy it!

Deadly

I'm from Quebec as well and I bought many item that weren't supposed to be in French during last E3's deal, though it worked, because I think they applied the shitty 'We unfortunately can't apply the deal in Qc because of some shitty claustrophobic French law' shortly after it. That's just my guess, though. I tried to buy games not so long after it. During a 15% off deal and many didn't worked because of that shit, I could only buy some Ubisoft games, so I only pre-ordered Rayman Legend and was done with it. :(

They'll honor the deal because you bought those before the law applied, that's just me though, maybe the best way to know would be to contact customer support.

That said, I can't wait to know what I'll be able to order for the next E3 deal. Last two years I bought up to $350 worth of games, but if this cock blocker of a law is as big as I think, I'll be really disappointed.
Are you speaking of E3 2013? Because I think the first time I was affected by the dumb law was with Halo 4 which was released back in 2012.

Seik

Banned
Are you speaking of E3 2013? Because I think the first time I was affected by the dumb law was with Halo 4 which was released back in 2012.

Yeah exactly, you got blocked a few games?

I managed to get up to 400$ in games as ToX, Bayo 2, Bravely Default. Aren't those the kind that would be blocked since they don't necessarily have a French option?

In any case, I'm glad I got those before that shitty law. :/

Since the order is made already I am about sure that we will get it without problem. I would not worry about this at all!

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

It's not a law but an "agreement" between the government and the ESA. That's why you can still buy unilingual games at EBgames and co. without problem. This is just a case of Futureshop over-reacting / taking absolutely no chances here. It is not illegal to buy english games in Quebec.

I understand your frustration and I'm as angry as you at Futureshop's handling of the situation (they cancelled my Prof Layton pre-order for the same reason), but just make sure you're not spreading mis-information...!

EDIT: And the agreement was made back in 2007. So it's really just Futureshop's policy that changed recently.

Guys are there an Canadian Xbox One (console) deals at all?

U.S has stuff like this and the target $50 gift card deal...anything in Canada? I used to hearing "no" about that but...a man can dream...

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Do you guys think there will be deals on Danganronpa one day...?

Avoiding paying full-price for games AND loving niche genres is hard...

zroid

Banned
Do you guys think there will be deals on Danganronpa one day...?

Avoiding paying full-price for games AND loving niche genres is hard...

Well I can guarantee it will eventually go on sale on PSN, lol.

But yea for retail, I think it's more likely to be hard to track down a copy after a few months.

Roto13

I'm hoping for a sale on Vita games on PSN this week, since the system's second anniversary in North America was the other day.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
It's not a law but an "agreement" between the government and the ESA. That's why you can still buy unilingual games at EBgames and co. without problem. This is just a case of Futureshop over-reacting / taking absolutely no chances here. It is not illegal to buy english games in Quebec.
Wait, really? I mean I know it's not illegal to buy but I thought it was illegal to sell 'em retail. So why the hell are stores so annoying about this? What about EB Games, don't they also have this policy?

Goddamn this is retarded.

Top Bottom