• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

ohlawd

So my Amazon Canada order for Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze hasn't shipped yet.

I preordered it at $47.99 so I thought I would try price matching it at Future Shop today and I price matched using my order invoice which they took.

Sweet! Paid $53.27 after tax, less than the game is full price before tax!
man I already bought the game from BB but if I knew I could somehow get away doing this, I would have done so and canceled my Amazon order soon after. Mine still hasn't shipped wtf.

still doing the return trick but lol 61 dollars after taxes. disgusting.

edit: OH SHIT DANGANRONPA CE JUST CAME. Too bad DK takes priority.

So disappointed I missed out on that. I'm getting the same deal thanks to Future Shop's E3 promotion, but I'd rather be waiting for a package from Amazon than FS.

Dunlop

Aw man, that would've been killer! $40 is a STEAL.

And the one bright point of my otherwise shitty day has been snuffed out :p

In this case, we're unable to offer this item for the incorrectly posted price. Therefore, we've cancelled your order for this item.

At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the millions of items on our site may be mispriced. We're very sorry for this disappointing news.

We value your business and hope to see you again soon.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Really loving Futureshops annual E3 preorder upgrade. Once again FS upgraded my $39.99 preorder to the collectors edition. This time it was South Park: Stick of Truth to the Grand Wizard Edition.

Neat.

South Park Stick of Truth Wizard Edition is 64.99 at Future shop and Best Buy.

http://www.futureshop.ca/Search/Sea...86bb581f8en20&query=south+park+stick+of+truth

Best Buy is Sold out for PS3 and PC
Future Shop has them still available for all 3

Cancelled my Amazon order and just ordered from future shop.

Also now the same price on Amazon, PS3, 360 is sold out

Wait wait wait... Standard and Special edition are the same price at the moment? haha

Edit: Does a regular edition even exist? It's not on FS or BB. People with E3 pre-order will get Wizard or fuck all? I am confused!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have no idea if GAF resellers still have it, but South Park PC is 20 bucks if you can find a copy.

(It's probably why they are cracking down on cross region gifting).

iLLmAtlc

Wait wait wait... Standard and Special edition are the same price at the moment? haha

Edit: Does a regular edition even exist? It's not on FS or BB. People with E3 pre-order will get Wizard or fuck all? I am confused!

wonder if they're dumping the regular edition or something, because it's listed at amazon. regular price of grand wizard edition is 85 on amazon

I have no idea if GAF resellers still have it, but South Park PC is 20 bucks if you can find a copy.

(It's probably why they are cracking down on cross region gifting).

Tried to buy it off the guy who was selling yesterday and he said they edited the registry. He can't sell anymore.

Ended up ordering the PC version off Best Buy for $64.99. If I'm going to pay full price I might as well get some frills.

wonder if they're dumping the regular edition or something, because it's listed at amazon. regular price of grand wizard edition is 85 on amazon

Still both version with 20$ difference on ebgames too! I have a feeling some might end with a Wizard Edition at 39.99$ from E3... why did I forget to pre-order that again? =(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tried to buy it off the guy who was selling yesterday and he said they edited the registry. He can't sell anymore.

Ended up ordering the PC version off Best Buy for $64.99. If I'm going to pay full price I might as well get some frills.
Dope. :(

I got lucky and bought it a couple of weeks ago.

South Park Stick of Truth Wizard Edition is 64.99 at Future shop and Best Buy.

http://www.futureshop.ca/Search/Sea...86bb581f8en20&query=south+park+stick+of+truth

Best Buy is Sold out for PS3 and PC
Future Shop has them still available for all 3

Cancelled my Amazon order and just ordered from future shop.

Also now the same price on Amazon, PS3, 360 is sold out

Neat, was going to buy it anyway so I just ordered the PS3 version.

Oh that is weird. Probably the source of the price mistake, the regular version was on there a few days ago.

Got one! Thanks. If I'm going to pay $60 for the game, may as well pay an extra $5 and get a bunch of extras

My reasoning as well. Going to keep a look out for a decent discount for the digital release though. A little shocking that no one (besides a gaffer who had them) is selling this for a discount on PC. I rarely pay regular price for a PC game at launch.

Vamphuntr

Got my Dangan Ronpa CE in the mail. It took forever to get here. On the bright side, I didn't have to pay any duties on it as the declared value on the custom sticker was 10$ haha. Thank you NISA.

Got one! Thanks. If I'm going to pay $60 for the game, may as well pay an extra $5 and get a bunch of extras

Good job! Sold out now!

I pre-ordered the PS3 SE even if I am not sure that I will buy it yet! Better secure it at that price than lose it if I realize I wanted it!

Edit: just looked at the 13 mins of gameplay that came out a few days ago... pretty sure that I will keep that haha!

Yeah, this is weird. Looks like Walmart is listing it as "DAY 1" edition, so maybe they're doing it as a limited edition thing and holding off the regular edition for second shipments.

Edit: Okay, Walmat's listing just looks like the standard edition with some pre-order DLC that also comes with the CE, so who knows what's going on...

My reasoning as well. Going to keep a look out for a decent discount for the digital release though. A little shocking that no one (besides a gaffer who had them) is selling this for a discount on PC. I rarely pay regular price for a PC game at launch.

I would have bought it for PS4, anyone know what happened to that version? I could have sworn they were taking pre orders for it...

I would have bought it for PS4, anyone know what happened to that version? I could have sworn they were taking pre orders for it...

FS/BB put up a lot of stuff around E3 simply on speculation. I think the PS4/Xbone Stick of Truth was just that.

I was in the Downtown Toronto Future Shop about a month ago and they still had a tag up for preordering Crimson Dragon at $59.99 for Xbox One.

They tend to just throw shit into their system around E3 time and some of it sticks around.

Grimsen

Just looked at my South Park 39.99$ E3 preorder on FS.com, and it now says
South Park: The Stick Of Truth Grand Wizard Edition (XBOX 360)

Thank you Futureshop!

Luigi87

Just looked at my South Park 39.99$ E3 preorder on FS.com, and it now says
South Park: The Stick Of Truth Grand Wizard Edition (XBOX 360)

Thank you Futureshop!

They're making the same mistake they did with Revengeance?
Damn, I should have pre-ordered >_<

They're making the same mistake they did with Revengeance?
Damn, I should have pre-ordered >_<

Yea I pre-ordered like 25 games and missed that one for some reason. At 64.99$ it's still a great price, but knowing that there is no good reason I am not getting this SE for 39.99$ makes it hard for me to buy it at 64.99$...

Great for those who pre-ordered!

Ryne

I pre-ordered the Amazon stick of truth edition for 80 bucks back in December. The order is still there on my order page, but the link to the product does not work anymore.

Sent them an email, but I pre-ordered from BB just in case.

I pre-ordered the Amazon stick of truth edition for 80 bucks back in December. The order is still there on my order page, but the link to the product does not work anymore.

Sent them an email, but I pre-ordered from BB just in case.

I had the same issue, searched for it manually and it showed up. I cancelled it anyways since I preordered a PS3 copy with Future Shop for cheap at $65.

When I was at Future Shop today apparently they no longer have reps for the entertainment/video games area anymore.

It is now a store wide responsibility or some shit. Really odd since those people sucked already as it is.

Sora_N

When I was at Future Shop today apparently they no longer have reps for the entertainment/video games area anymore.

It is now a store wide responsibility or some shit. Really odd since those people sucked already as it is.

Not surprised, I barely see anyone around in the store in general anyway. Been like that for a while at both FS/BB.

zroid

Banned

I always hated having to track down entertainment CSRs to make game trades... hopefully anyone can do it now. Well, assuming FS/BB ever bring back trade in offers.

Dazzler

I always hated having to track down entertainment CSRs to make game trades... hopefully anyone can do it now. Well, assuming FS/BB ever bring back trade in offers.

This

It's a really archaic system they have going.

Spend ten/fifteen minutes tracking down a CSR
Spend ten/fifteen minutes as CSR looks up the trade-in prices for all your games

Then line up again at customer service desk to actually trade in the games

MesH

And Infamous Second Son is now 69.99 on Amazon, wish I got in on that 39.99 today but still glad I have mine preordered at 59.99 now

Bestbuy.ca says pre-order South Park and get upgraded to the collectors edition

So it looks like our 40 dollar pre-orders from E3 are part of that :)

Originally Posted by Zeer0id

It really depended on the store....

North York FS just needed the video game CSR to get a manager's password to do it on one computer
Downsview BB did it all at the returns counter
Weston and 401 you had to find a video game rep, get a printout from them, take printout to customer service desk to do the trade

I really hope they bring trades back

frequency

That some things have the price hike and others don't on Amazon tells me this is a distributor/publisher thing and Amazon is just posting whatever the distributors/publishers price it at.

Everything at EB/FF/BB got the hike just because they're scummy.

Top Bottom