• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Sora_N

Well I remember one sale a while ago only applied for US for eShop, so yeah...who knows until March 1.

I didn't register my Pokemon XL (lol) or Animal Crossing yet so free Pokemon Y, can't say no to that.

ohlawd

hope the promo comes here too.

if it does, it'll be my fourth 6th gen game.

btw where'd you guys order TF from? I haven't received any emails :(

split the cost between fellow GAF posters? yes pls I'm in if .ca has it.

If they had that option, I would totally be down. I have like 20 items sitting in my cart right now.

CvblXyFl.jpg

Just chatted with Amazon and they don't offer that :(
I'm seriously considering Amazon Prime but $79 is so much considering all my gaming preorders for this year are with FS!
It can be done between two or more people by making a new account and everyone buys an Amazon gift card of the amount he wanna consume for each order! It's a bit of a hassle though!

iLLmAtlc

Maybe you meant grabbing a discounted OLED Vita? Probably? We can only hope for a really good clearance sale on it.

I was just looking at FS and BB and the Walking Dead bundle is sold out and I don't see any standalone OLED available so I suspect they've already been cleared out?

Lexxism

I was just looking at FS and BB and the Walking Dead bundle is sold out and I don't see any standalone OLED available so I suspect they've already been cleared out?

Yeah, I think. I just checked now and I can't find the walking dead bundle anymore on their sites. They probably cleared it out I guess. You can still buy OLED Vita on Toy R Us/EB if you are willing to pay $200 for it.

XOMTOR

Check local stores, I'm sure there's quite a few out there. My local Superstore has a few of 'em in the case; I don't think they've moved any. Every time I go, the boxes are in the same exact place. They have 2 AC: Liberation bundles and even a few of the early Gravity Rush/Unit 13 bundles (3G model). Yikes, how long have those been around?

Anyway, Superstore appears to be having a no-tax sale this weekend. Vita rarely goes below $179 anyway so no-tax seems like a better deal for those of us where sales tax is crazy high. Besides the memory cards never go on sale so no-tax can act as a bit of lube for the reaming you'll be getting buying one of those.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Cool thanks guys, and how is amazon with shipping and receiving on release day in Canada?
Ever since they introduced Prime in Canada my shipping has gone from release date or the day after to 2-3 days after release date here in Toronto. They obviously slowed delivery for free orders in the hope we'd subscribe to Prime.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Ever since they introduced Prime in Canada my shipping has gone from release date or the day after to 2-3 days after release date here in Toronto. They obviously slowed delivery for free orders in the hope we'd subscribe to Prime.
I noticed that too. I picked the fast shipping option for my Dark Souls II pre-order, so it better arrive on day 1. :mad:

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
FS is slow as shit. I'm going to buy a copy and then return the mailed one once it arrives. As long as it's sealed, it shall work.

I always receive games on release day from FS unless CanadaPost fucks up and decides to keep the package at their warehouse overnight.

DJ_Lae

Mine were always significantly after release day even before Prime (usually the following week).

With Prime I almost always get stuff on release day.

ohlawd

CvblXyFl.jpg

Just chatted with Amazon and they don't offer that :(
I'm seriously considering Amazon Prime but $79 is so much considering all my gaming preorders for this year are with FS!
It can be done between two or more people by making a new account and everyone buys an Amazon gift card of the amount he wanna consume for each order! It's a bit of a hassle though!
can't we do it like you say tho? do the gift card thing, each gives 26.3 to the main acc if 3 people.

Jinto

can't we do it like you say tho? do the gift card thing, each gives 26.3 to the main acc if 3 people.

Yeah, I might not mind doing this, depending on specifics. I've been debating whether or not to get Prime the last couple of days before putting my order though.

I bought my walking dead OLED Vita about a month ago at EB Games. I had to go to one out of my town about a 20-25 minute drive, anyways you should call some Eb's/Gamestop's
too see if they have any left.

Joeku

So, unless someone else has told y'all, Target is indeed pricing up its new games when they come out. South Park: Stick of Truth will be $64.99.

Yay.

Zing

Banned
I strongly agree. Despite the estimated shipping times, I used to receive my orders within a day or two. I live essentially within same-day range of their Missisauga warehouse. Now, when I order, it sits in processing status for 4-5 days, then is shipped and arrives the following day.

donkey kong shipped! It charged me the full $39.99. Was it supposed to be less? I honestly don't care enough to fight for $5.00 in this case, if only because the retail price has been so varied with all the price change drama. I'm just happy to save 15 bucks at launch, it's the only way I'll ever even bother purchasing a new game. Next up, Mario Kart and Smash Bros!

Sora_N

I'm cancelling some preorders and notice I had a preorder for Smash Bros. for 3DS for $24.99 for Best Buy. Totally forgot about that one.

I guess I'm calling FS tomorrow to cancel my $26.66 one.

Not a good look, Square Enix/Digital River!

Just as a follow up on this I finally got the collectors edition of LR. So it took 17 days since the shipping notification for it to arrive and I still had to pay $10 brokerage fee on top of duties. The cheapest option turned out to be lol DHL.

Proc

So, unless someone else has told y'all, Target is indeed pricing up its new games when they come out. South Park: Stick of Truth will be $64.99.

Yay.

On that note just saw this on RFD (same price for the collector's edition)...PC is sold out but I grabbed it on PS3 since I don't think it looks very taxing on the hardware:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/SearchResults.aspx?path=ca77b9b4beca91fe414314b86bb581f8en20&query=South+Park%3a+The+Stick+Of+Truth+Grand+Wizard+Edition+&ref=199&loc=TnL5HPStwNw&siteID=TnL5HPStwNw-dEwNrJ8LQKigF0WBe3vRbQ
http://www.futureshop.ca/Search/SearchResults.aspx?path=ca77b9b4beca91fe414314b86bb581f8en20&query=South+Park%3a+The+Stick+Of+Truth+Grand+Wizard+Edition

Thanks! Had it preordered on Amazon for 80$ but had a $20 gift card, now I can keep my gift card and use it for Wolfenstein and only spend 5 bucks more!
EDIT: Amazon doesn't price match, do they?

chrono01

My copy of Tropical Freeze is out for delivery [ordered from Futureshop during E3 promotion].

Glad to hear that I'll have it for this weekend, although I still need to 100% Super Mario 3D World. :/

Draff

Just letting you all know, DKTF is still $49 on Staples with free shipping for anyone looking to pick up the game today.

chrono01

I received both my copy of Tropical Freeze as well as Danganronpa [Deluxe]. Unfortunately, no sign of my CE of Lightning Returns.

This will be a great weekend!

Just as a follow up on this I finally got the collectors edition of LR. So it took 17 days since the shipping notification for it to arrive and I still had to pay $10 brokerage fee on top of duties. The cheapest option turned out to be lol DHL.
Thanks for the update! There's hope that I might receive it today after all, since while Canada Post already made their delivery DHL might still be making their rounds.

Not too happy about the brokerage, although I expected it. :/

So my Amazon Canada order for Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze hasn't shipped yet.

I preordered it at $47.99 so I thought I would try price matching it at Future Shop today and I price matched using my order invoice which they took.

Sweet! Paid $53.27 after tax, less than the game is full price before tax!

Top Bottom