• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Hilti92

So with the FS buy 3 get $20 off each game, does that ship right to your address or can you make it so you can pick it up in store?

I'm having trouble applying the code for the headset, it says it's not eligible for my order. This is the correct one right?

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...893&path=3a6c5c777742a8eecc67f78793979b0cen02

I put the code in under promotional codes right?

This is supposedly he right one!

So with the FS buy 3 get $20 off each game, does that ship right to your address or can you make it so you can pick it up in store?

No it's only for delivery not ISPU!

Since the new Xbox 360 model came out, are they discounting the older slim model?

Nothing discounted till now, with the Xbone selling for 500$ I don't really see a price cut for the 360!

So how good is this wireless headset?

Does it work on the PC and 360 as well?

They work perfectly with PCs but not with 360s

Any deals for playstation plus?

Bestbuy.com had 1 year sub for 40$ but you'll need a US CC to get it, other than that you may wait for one of Sony's deals when they offer 3 months extra when you buy 1 year sub or 10$ credit when you spend 50$.
I usually wait for the 3 extra months deal and now I'm good till March 2015.

Jessicat

Anyone know if there are any deals on Skylanders figures in Canada? Heck, even finding a Canadian-based webshop that sells at retail with affordable/free shipping would be nice ;>> Seems all the places I check are "in store only" or are already sold out of the ones I want XD Any help would be appreciated, thanks! :3
Still looking! ^^;

snack

Nothing discounted till now, with the Xbone selling for 500$ I don't really see a price cut for the 360!

They work perfectly with PCs but not with 360s

Bestbuy.com had 1 year sub for 40$ but you'll need a US CC to get it, other than that you may wait for one of Sony's deals when they offer 3 months extra when you buy 1 year sub or 10$ credit when you spend 50$.
I usually wait for the 3 extra months deal and now I'm good till March 2015.

When do these 3 month extra deals come? I guess I'll wait a little longer then.

And I am assuming American PS+ subs work in Canada as well?

Mikey Jr.

The fuck is with Last of Us in stores?

FS says I can't buy online nor can I even check in stores. Just says

"Local Store

Not available in nearby stores"

Is it bugged? Guess I will have to go down and check I guess, and its sold out online.

Wow, ok, apparently it is sold out in Best Buy too, and Amazon is selling theirs for $75. Did Sony undership?

The fuck is with Last of Us in stores?

FS says I can't buy online nor can I even check in stores. Just says

"Local Store

Not available in nearby stores"

Is it bugged? Guess I will have to go down and check I guess, and its sold out online.

Wow, ok, apparently it is sold out in Best Buy too, and Amazon is selling theirs for $75. Did Sony undership?

You could always try calling the store, maybe put one on reserve if they have them in stock.

khaaan

What is the code?? Whats the final price of the headset and is the code universal?

Is the headset compatible with PC ?

A code for $50 off of a $99 PS3 headset which from my understanding is compatible with PC. Not sure what you mean by if the code is universal.

frequency

I emailed Future Shop. They responded in like 2 minutes.

Thank you for contacting Future Shop in regards to the $50.00 off for the Wireless Stereo Headset (Web ID: 10177893). We are aware that the promotion code is not working for the Wireless Stereo Headset, and we do apologise for the inconvenience this may cause you. However, we would be happy to honour the $50.00 off of the Wireless Stereo Headset.

Please place your order and provide us with the Order Number along with your Promotion Code so we can apply the discount for you.

Thank you for contacting BestBuy.ca, we look forward to serving you in the future.

I like that they say "thank you for contacting BestBuy.ca"

Question, Canadian eShop cards can still be used if you set your region to US? Also, if you download games from the eShop when set to Canada for some games, and then US for others, all will carry over if I need to transfer my account to another 3DS in the future? Because it makes it sound like some might not be redownloadable under certain conditions.

Since certain places in the US have no tax, I'm considering changing the settings to say Oregon which has no tax. Alberta is among the only spots in Canada to have the lowest tax amount of only 5%.

I don't want to risk any mix ups with my downloaded games if it's going to bite me in the ass later, I'd rather just pay the 5% tax if so.

iphys

I'm pretty sure you need the eShop card currency to match the country's eShop you are in, so Canadian ones should only work on the Canadian eShop. By the time you work out how much trouble it is to get US eShop cards, it's not worth it: I would just pay the GST and not bother.

I'm pretty sure you need the eShop card currency to match the country's eShop you are in, so Canadian ones should only work on the Canadian eShop. By the time you work out how much trouble it is to get US eShop cards, it's not worth it: I would just pay the GST and not bother.

But shouldn't it work if you change the region setting, or is it still the Canadian eShop? But it confirms I changed the settings to US in the eShop, it's just a matter if Canadian cards work in this case, maybe not since Canadian cash already in doesn't carry over.

I wouldn't bother at all if not, I'm not wasting time and obviously potentially money to get a US card. :p

Jagxyz

Code works with the pulse elite, I called FS and they said to reserve it for instore pick up, and then have the CSR there apply the code - worked for me.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Is $209.99 for a 16GB Nexus 7 tablet a good deal? Best Buy has it on sale until June 27th.

I've been wondering if I should pick up a tablet, but I've been unsure since I own a laptop and use it heavily for browsing. Still, is the Nexus 7 worth the $209 asking price?

iphys

But shouldn't it work if you change the region setting, or is it still the Canadian eShop? But it confirms I changed the settings to US in the eShop, it's just a matter if Canadian cards work in this case, maybe not since Canadian cash already in doesn't carry over.

I wouldn't bother at all if not, I'm not wasting time and obviously potentially money to get a US card. :p

If you change your region it will allow you to access the US eShop, but your cash balance for the Canadian eShop is separate from your cash balance for the US eShop, so you'd have separate balances in both. The cards specify that they're for Canada only, so the US eShop should not allow you to redeem a CAD eShop card, and the Canadian eShop should not allow you to redeem a USD eShop card. There'd be issues with currency exchange if they allowed that.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
If anyone has a spare code for those headphones could you PM it to me please? I would appreciate it very much.

Also, I am really debating whether or not to get a vita. I hope a good sale pops up soon, or a price cut.

i-Jest

Final damage from the Future Shop sale...

360:
GTAV

PS4:

MGS V
FF XV
Watch Dogs (I need something to play at launch)
The Evil Within
Destiny

Wii U:

X
Bayo 2
SMTxFE
Yoshi's Land
Mario Kart 8
Wonderful 101
Super Mario 3D World
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
New Super Luigi U

3DS:
Mario and Luigi: Dream Team
Super Smash Bros
Yoshi's Island

Total: $745.62

Notable games excluded:

Pikmin 3 (The first Wii U game worth owning, I want that shit day one ASAP)
Smash Bros Wii U (Buying the second it goes up on the eshop)
Wind Waker HD (Want it day one)
Last of Us (Sold out. Will wait til it's $39)
Project x Zone (Sold out. Will pick up ASAP)
Pokemon X (Want it day one)
LTTP 2 (Want it day one)
Dark Souls 2 (Want it day one on Steam)
Kingdom Hearts III (lol I'll buy it during the E3 2015 Future Shop sale)
Sonic Lost World (Unfortunately didn't make the cut because I didn't have any other games to order with it. Willing to bet it'll be $39 on day one anyways, as Generations was)

Also, PS4 console. Pre-orders are sold out everywhere it seems. Damn it.

2013/2014 look to be very expensive, but I think I'm pretty damn set after this pre-order craziness. Look at all those Wii U games, LOOK AT THEM.

Amazon.com has PS4 pre-orders. Also they have PS4 Bundle pre-orders. Go get yours.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BGA9WK2/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00BGA9WK2&linkCode=as2&tag=wwwplaystat0f-20

Mikey Jr.

The PS4's on Amazon.com are standard editions, meaning you WON'T get them on launch day, effectively making it absolutely useless for ordering from there.

They are on a first come-first serve basis. Meaning you get yours when a shipment comes in, and all previous pre-orders before yours are filled.

As far as I know, nowhere on Canadian websites can you pre-order the PS4, so you are shit out of luck there.

If you want it Day 1, camp out in front of a store and hope they have a decent amount in stores to sell.

Plenty of Xbones though if you are looking for an alternative.

Achtius

Final damage from the Future Shop sale...

Notable games excluded:

Pikmin 3 (The first Wii U game worth owning, I want that shit day one ASAP)
Smash Bros Wii U (Buying the second it goes up on the eshop)
Wind Waker HD (Want it day one)
Last of Us (Sold out. Will wait til it's $39)
Project x Zone (Sold out. Will pick up ASAP)
Pokemon X (Want it day one)
LTTP 2 (Want it day one)
Dark Souls 2 (Want it day one on Steam)
Kingdom Hearts III (lol I'll buy it during the E3 2015 Future Shop sale)
Sonic Lost World (Unfortunately didn't make the cut because I didn't have any other games to order with it. Willing to bet it'll be $39 on day one anyways, as Generations was)

Also, PS4 console. Pre-orders are sold out everywhere it seems. Damn it.

2013/2014 look to be very expensive, but I think I'm pretty damn set after this pre-order craziness. Look at all those Wii U games, LOOK AT THEM.

If you are afraid it wont' arrive day one, you can always order it online, buy a copy in-store, return the pre-ordered copy when you receive.

i-Jest

Hi Junior,

Canadians can't order consoles from Amazon.com without a huge fee for an import deposit.

Welcome to GAF.

Yours truly, Isny.

Thanks for the warm welcome senior GAF.

As far as I know, nowhere on Canadian websites can you pre-order the PS4, so you are shit out of luck there.

The Canadian Sony Store website is still taking pre-orders unless I'm reading this wrong. I have a pre-order in my shopping cart now btw.

http://store.sony.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=20153&langId=200&catalogId=100803&identifier=S_PlayStation4

isny

napkin dispenser

i-Jest

@Anth0ny

I hope the Sony Store link is of use. If not then try TheSource.ca for pre-orders.

I could give you a warmer welcome, but, that would require...you being here. So yeah, welcome to GAF, we have cookies!

Cool cool. I'm something of a macadamia nut fan.

Ondore

The Source has 3DSs for $149/$179 (taco/XL), and Best Buy still has that free Kid Icarus with an original purchase... but yeah, that's it.

Dazzler

It's really annoying reading the PS4 pre-order thread on RFD and seeing them discussing how much they are going to flip their pre-ordered consoles for

One guy has 11 PS4s on order. Such utter greedy scumbags

It's really annoying reading the PS4 pre-order thread on RFD and seeing them discussing how much they are going to flip their pre-ordered consoles for

One guy has 11 PS4s on order. Such utter greedy scumbags

I rarely even bother with visiting RFD anymore as it's such a nest of scum in the gaming section. I honestly feel like I need a shower after reading some theads - I shiver to think of meeting certain forum posters in person. I picture a neckbeard, coffee and cheeto stained t-shirt, jorts complete with sandals and socks.

200px-Neckbeards.png

Thankfully, there's this thread and GameDealsCanada on twitter.

I rarely even bother with visiting RFD anymore as it's such a nest of scum in the gaming section. I honestly feel like I need a shower after reading some theads - I shiver to think of meeting certain forum posters in person. I picture a neckbeard, coffee and cheeto stained t-shirt, jorts complete with sandals and socks.

Thankfully, there's this thread and GameDealsCanada on twitter.

I'm pretty much done with that place as well. The constant begging for recipts has finally gotten to me. They also like to try and call you out on the hope that you do in fact post it for everyone.

No dice!

Top Bottom