• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

I asked in the FutureShop thread, but I figured I would ask here. Anyone know if online retailers (BB, FS, EB, Amazon) are timely with letting you know if you're not getting a launch day console? I have 4 pre-orders out, but I just want to keep whichever gets me a console and don't really want 4 of them.

I jumped on that new batch of PS4 preorders on FS.ca. I regretted not pulling the trigger last week and then they were out. I do hope that I get mine close to launch day, but if Watch Dogs or BF4 aren't available day 1 then it doesn't matter if I wait.

Planetside 2 should be available on launch.

charlton-heston-laughing-gif.gif

I jumped on that new batch of PS4 preorders on FS.ca. I regretted not pulling the trigger last week and then they were out. I do hope that I get mine close to launch day, but if Watch Dogs or BF4 aren't available day 1 then it doesn't matter if I wait.

Pretty much both of them are launch titles, along with Killozne, Knack and COD!
Can't see myself buying COD though!

theRizzle

Something very similar is happening to my Animal Crossing. Mississauga to Halifax to Montreal. It literally went in the opposite direction of where it needed to go. How are these packages going all the way to Halifax?

I had a job where I was dealing with Canada Post ALOT, and you would not believe how often this stuff happens. I've had something shipped from Winnipeg to Montreal to Toronto to Halifax then back to Winnipeg and then from there directly to the destination.

Hilti92

Is this a possibility that they wont be out on launch?! Those are my two games I preordered..
you can preorder in store and pick it on launch instead of online!
I got the deal though for $40 each.

Is this a possibility that they wont be out on launch?! Those are my two games I preordered..

My bad, I forgot we were talking about the games not the console! I have many preorders for $40 each, if it looks like delivery will be late you can pick another copy in store, use it and then return the delivered copy with the in-store receipt afterwards!

Palehorse

I think it depends on when Sony launches the PS4. If they go for an Oct date then I could see those games not being ready. If they go Nov or even early Dec then they'll be ready for sure.

All comes down to that PS4 drop date!

Hmmm, maybe I should hang on to my XB1 pre-order if MS does drop all the DRM BS after all......

Holy shit, it was true

No more 24 hour check ins on XB1, discs will be able to be resold, shared etc...

FS should re-do the E3 promotion to up their XB1 game pre-orders....

Hmmm, maybe I should hang on to my XB1 pre-order if MS does drop all the DRM BS after all......

Holy shit, it was true

No more 24 hour check ins on XB1, discs will be able to be resold, shared etc...

haha I doubt they will do it, personally I still can't get over my hate to MS, so probably I may get one later when I see some games that's worth the purchase and hopefully for 399 or less.

iphys

I would love to know their statistics on how many Xbone vs WiiU vs PS4 game pre-orders they had. Just think how many people already invested themselves in another console because of the pre-order deal, and now they'll never go back. MS is going to have a hard time catching up in Canada.

Rubius

Maybe a stupid question. Thinking about preordering a PS4 on Amazon.

What shipping do you guys pick? Does Amazon wait until the day of release to ship it?

" FREE Super Saver Shipping (averages 4-6 business days)
Standard-Shipping (averages 3-4 business days)
Express (averages 2-3 business days)
Priority (averages 1-2 business days) "

Thanks

Maybe I'm special, but I order a SHIT ton of stuff from Amazon.ca. I always use the Free Shipping, and 90% of the time, I get my stuff 2 days max after I order it.
I order so much stuff that the guy call me by my name, put the package in my house when I'm sleeping. So, I would go with Free, but that's me. Been ordering for 3 years and get a package about every week or two, and never get a problem with Free.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Pining for the good ol' days of tsilon edition :(
To tell you the truth, I wouldn't mind tsilon holding off on $20 coupons until later because I've already pre-ordered everything I wanted for $20 off. I'd only want those tsilon deals when more games are announced for release or if I could use them on sub-$60 games so I'd get a better deal than I did during the E3 sale.

Preordered an Xbone day one edition from FS. Not sure if ill stick with it. Depends how many gift cards I can accumulate between. Ow and November. No reason not to keep the order for now.

I just took advantage of the Trade 5, Get $100 towards a PS4 deal at EB Games, and the guy was insistent that I could only take advantage of the deal once. I don't see anything about it being once on their site, though...anyone else experience this?

Quick

Banned
I just took advantage of the Trade 5, Get $100 towards a PS4 deal at EB Games, and the guy was insistent that I could only take advantage of the deal once. I don't see anything about it being once on their site, though...anyone else experience this?

Is it any 5 games, or is there a list? Can't seem to find it on the website.

Hilti92

Cant you just go multiple times, get the preorders and then cancel them to get a gift card for the amount?

Is it any 5 games, or is there a list? Can't seem to find it on the website.

Any five games with a TIV of $8 or more. It's under the Trade-Ins section of their site.

Cant you just go multiple times, get the preorders and then cancel them to get a gift card for the amount?

I was thinking about doing that. Theoretically I could get preorders at two or three other locations, then cancel them. I might just do that.

I don't think they will give the 100$ credit on a gift card cause it's only applicable if you're gonna put them toward a PS4, if you cancel the whole preorder they will probably give you the baisc TIVs for your games which will be like 50$ more or less not 100$ unless your games are all very recent releases!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Surprised it's hard to find the last of us...

Though keep a look out cause I'm trading mine in soon for likely a ps4 preorder or smt4

Edit: meaning eb may be getting used versions too.

I didn't even use my online pass....

zroid

Banned
I actually was at Best Buy this evening to pick up an eShop card, and the cashier, making conversation, remarked how a lot of people have been asking about Last of Us and she's had to let them down. Pretty weird stuff.

I actually was at Best Buy this evening to pick up an eShop card, and the cashier, making conversation, remarked how a lot of people have been asking about Last of Us and she's had to let them down. Pretty weird stuff.

I hope this doesn't mean Sony will be losing all those potential buyers, like most of them end up buying used copies! The game is so good it deserves to sell well!

daevv

I'd like to switch my Futureshop pre-order for GTAV from 360 to PS3. Anyone know if that is possible? I used a $20 off code.

khaaan

The site says its out but those are usually wrong, Ill check tomorrow. Its weird I've never seen a big game actually sell out like this.

It must have sold out because I checked the site right before I posted and they definitely did have copies in stock. If it's something you really want, I actually work in Kitchener and commute from Mississauga. Along the way is Cambridge which is still showing that the game is in stock. I wouldn't be able to pick up till Friday after work (have other commitments tomorrow) but I could reserve it online tonight, pick it up Friday after work and then you could grab it off of me at any point.

Your other options are:

Gamestop in Erin Mills is showing that it's in stock. It's a recent game so you shouldn't run into them trying to sell you an open copy as new...but you never know. The Gamestop on Argentia Road (across the street from Futureshop and the Superstore in the plaza that has the Wal-Mart, Moores, Staples, etc.) also has some in stock.

Top Bottom