• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

iphys

Nice, my Game & Wario already shipped -- think that's the first time FS has shipped out a Sunday release on Wednesday night for me. I wonder what the odds are Canada Post will still manage to screw up and take forever.

Nice, my Game & Wario already shipped -- think that's the first time FS has shipped out a Sunday release on Wednesday night for me. I wonder what the odds are Canada Post will still manage to screw up and take forever.

I'd not be surprised if you get by Monday or even later, they sure know how to waste some time!

Smo21

Gamestop in Erin Mills is showing that it's in stock. It's a recent game so you shouldn't run into them trying to sell you an open copy as new...but you never know. The Gamestop on Argentia Road (across the street from Futureshop and the Superstore in the plaza that has the Wal-Mart, Moores, Staples, etc.) also has some in stock.

I'll call the Argentia one tomorrow, thanks. One annoyance is every Gamestop I've called when the site said they have it tells me they have digital copies. My ps3 is 40GB so thats not gonna work. If all else fails I'll just wait it out. Cant be sold out for to much longer... I hope. Give me a chance to tackle some of my backlog.

Two questions please:
First: is there any kind of info that the PS pulse Headset is compatible with PS4?
Second: is Wii U backward compatible? Like even with Wii Accessories, Rock band and stuff? With FS T5>200$ off Wii-U I'm thinking about finally getting one!
Thanks

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Two questions please:
Second: is Wii U backward compatible? Like even with Wii Accessories, Rock band and stuff? With FS T5>200$ off Wii-U I'm thinking about finally getting one!
Thanks

Anything Gamecube won't work (controller, etc.), but Wii stuff should all be compatible.

Returners

The site says its out but those are usually wrong, Ill check tomorrow. Its weird I've never seen a big game actually sell out like this.

I returned a copy of it to Heartland yesterday night, so they should at least have 1 :D

daevv said:
I'd like to switch my Futureshop pre-order for GTAV from 360 to PS3. Anyone know if that is possible? I used a $20 off code.

My man, we should team up again for the multiplayer stuff :D

jokkir

Is there any place where I can trade in Kingdom Hearts 3D or New Super Mario Bros 2 for Animal Crossing New Leaf or Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D?

Or any sale for any of those games. Thanks.

isny

napkin dispenser
Is there any place where I can trade in Kingdom Hearts 3D or New Super Mario Bros 2 for Animal Crossing New Leaf or Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D?

Or any sale for any of those games. Thanks.

You can buy my copy of DK for $30 shipped if you want, I'm done with it.

Just PM me.

krae_man

Is that headset worth it for 50 bucks? I got TLOU the other day and Gamestop was offering it for 50 dollars with the purchase of the game. I currently have a 5.1 setup but no headset for gaming when wife is sleeping.

Will that headset work with PS4?

Spend the extra $50 on the Elite ones. They ware awesome. They work on PC and come with a 3.5mm cord to connect to portable devices. As for PS4, Sony has basically said there is a 99.9% chance they will work.

Anyway, I got the first "Your card declined" email from Futureshop due to changing my exp to take advantage of the sale. I forgot Game and Wario comes out so soon. I hope my new exp is the same as what I put in, It's going to be a pain in the ass to change all of these.

Got the Pulse headset last night. Played some Last of Us with it. Really like it, it sounds great. The only thing I'll say is that it has a pretty terrible battery life if you're using it wirelessly, I suspect that the bass impulse feature helps to drain it pretty quick too. Damn nice headset though, apart from that.

Disclaimer: I am not an audiophile.

krae_man

I can't use the base feature of the headphones. I like what it does to the sound effects, but it always makes dialogue sound like crap and I end up turning it off so I can still hear what everyone is saying.

Jessicat

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=17019236

500 GB 12 mo PS+ bundle is on sale for 249.95 at Toys R Us with a minimal shipping charge. Perfect for those that have lost a PS3 recently like myself and didn't yet get on the PS+ bandwagon. I think I'm gonna grab this since I need a PS3 and I'm interested in plus anyways so that really makes it only 199.95 for a 500GB PS3. Good deal!
Oooh, is this worth it? Not sure if I need the PS+ but I think I might get this, transfer my old files to it and sell off my old fat ps3 to make up some of the cost [are they even worth anything though? ^^;]
I think shipping shows as free for me o_O Even better!
*edit* oh, now shipping shows up. Why advertise free shipping over $100 and then it's not free? ;>>

isny

napkin dispenser
Oooh, is this worth it? Not sure if I need the PS+ but I think I might get this, transfer my old files to it and sell off my old fat ps3 to make up some of the cost [are they even worth anything though? ^^;]

You can also go through one of the many cashback sites when checking out : )

Noahd41

Neo Member
*edit* oh, now shipping shows up. Why advertise free shipping over $100 and then it's not free? ;>>

You can get a decent amount for the fat models. Particularly if it is the 60 GB backwards compatible one. On kijiji in my area there are ads with people willing to buy broken for 60-100 bucks just for parts.

vulva

Hey, I'll be cross posting this here and in the Headphones thread in OT but I was looking for some new headphones. I'm leaning towards closed ear, over the ear headphones. My price range is around 80 dollars, so a bit more or less is fine. My main requests are comfort for long listening and obviously good audio quality.

Any help is appreciated

Jessicat

You can get a decent amount for the fat models. Particularly if it is the 60 GB backwards compatible one. On kijiji in my area there are ads with people willing to buy broken for 60-100 bucks just for parts.
Sweet, mine is the backwards compatible 60GB one~ I actually need to repaste mine to get my data/stuff off of it [you know, because you can't just swap the old harddrive into a new system :/ ugh] so as long as I can get that done successfully I guess it will be in working condition for a bit XD

Does anyone else happen to have a $50 off coupon that they aren't using for the Pulse headset. I'd be eternally grateful as I'd really like to give the Elites a try. Thanks!!

DJ_Lae

Major flooding in Calgary and the government is evacuating some parts of the city!
Stay safe everyone :(

Highway closures are fun too - I have to drive from Cranbrook to Calgary tomorrow so we'll see if the trans canada is still closed.

Rain's been nuts here for two days, though - some vacation.

Sajjaja

I got my 120gb slim refurb from EB for $150+tax. Pretty damn good deal considering Sony is the one that refurbs these. 2 years ago btw.

MDSLKTR

Say you can't :p... because you can't do that.
yeah you can't ever promise things like that when you sell something on kijiji... I bought a ac unit that crapped out on me the next day. And I sold a refurbished xbox that MS sent me after mine rrod'ed. The best you could do is maybe give a few days warranty if they're pushy but other than that... it's always a gamble and they need to understand that.

Jachaos

So where's the cheapest I can get Halo 4 around Montreal ? (I already have it but a friend wants it and I'd give it as a gift so pre-owned is not really an option)

iphys

If you're with Eastlink, pay careful attention to your next bill. They just raised my Internet by 19.4% with zero warning, and no matter how many times I complain to them about raising the price with no warning they still try to sneak the price increases past me every time, grrrr.

Is that even legal when I have my credit card set up for pre-authorized charges that they can change the rate I've agreed to pay and just decide to bill me for more whenever they want?

I hope they didn't just raise the prices because of the Airmiles they're introducing, because it's so not worth paying so much more just to get a couple Airmiles a month.

Noahd41

Neo Member
I tried selling mine on kijiji before but the people interested were asking me if I guaranteed it to work for a few months.

How do I deal with people like that?

Tell them to beat it. I've sold a ton of stuff on kijiji and it is awesome but I have no patience for time wasters/tire kickers like that.

If I decided I'm not buying it I'll PM you my code!

Thank you, but krae_man was kind enough to give me a code. Perhaps, someone else could use yours if you aren't.

So where's the cheapest I can get Halo 4 around Montreal ? (I already have it but a friend wants it and I'd give it as a gift so pre-owned is not really an option)

You are in luck if you can wait for couple of days.

NCIX has Halo 4 for $19.99.

morelikeitfecc3.jpg

Top Bottom