• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

krae_man

I tried selling mine on kijiji before but the people interested were asking me if I guaranteed it to work for a few months.

How do I deal with people like that?

All you can do is show them it's working when you sell it to them. After that they are on their own.

I sold my Neo Geo CD on kijiji and had the buyer complain about issues with it two weeks later. I told him he was on his own and he left me alone after that.

Jachaos

You are in luck if you can wait for couple of days.

NCIX has Halo 4 for $19.99.

morelikeitfecc3.jpg

It's an online deal but NCIX has it for 19.99 + free shipping.

http://ncix.ca/products/?sku=71867&vpn=HND-00040&manufacture=Microsoft&promoid=1065

Beat to the punch.

Thanks to you both !

man, how you guys doing in Calgary? looks rough

It is really bad here, many communities are being evacuated including downtown, many roads are blocked, they said like 100K people are being evacuated! The rivers are getting higher by the hour so it's not over yet! Hopefully it'll stop in a few hours otherwise I don't know how it's gonna end :(
So scary!

Hey fellow Canucks--anyone still looking for a $50 code for a FS headset PM me. I've finally talked myself out of it--just please get yourself the Elite. Seems like a much better value.

Edit: code sent

Ondore

Flyer stuff this week from FS/BB: Both are doing the Trade 5/$200 off a WiiU as was mentioned earlier, have a $299 500GB PS3 bundle with Infamous, LBP2 and Gran Turismo XL, NHL 13 is on for $29.99, and whatever the hell "Ride to Hell: Retribution" is, it's launching at $30 on Tuesday for 360/PS3. Futureshop's throwing in Star Fox 64 3D if you buy an original 3DS.

(Disappointed that the trade 1 deal isn't on with both Project X Zone and Game & Wario this week... I've got a slavery simulator to ditch.)

Flyer stuff this week from FS/BB: Both are doing the Trade 5/$200 off a WiiU as was mentioned earlier, have a $299 500GB PS3 bundle with Infamous, LBP2 and Gran Turismo XL, NHL 13 is on for $29.99, and whatever the hell "Ride to Hell: Retribution" is, it's launching at $30 on Tuesday for 360/PS3. Futureshop's throwing in Star Fox 64 3D if you buy an original 3DS.

(Disappointed that the trade 1 deal isn't on with both Project X Zone and Game & Wario this week... I've got a slavery simulator to ditch.)

Edit: NVM.

Lexxism

Oh. It went back to 349. When I reserved it, it was still 149.99. I wonder if they will let me buyit for that price. Hopefully they does.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
It was meant as a trade 5 for 200 off promotion, apparently. They've been told not to fulfill reservations at 149.

isny

napkin dispenser
It was meant as a trade 5 for 200 off promotion, apparently. They've been told not to fulfill reservations at 149.

This is what happened to me. Got an email saying they fulfilled my order but that I had to trade five to get it for $150.

Grats to anyone who actually got one!

Tik-Tok

Hey, thanks to Swance and truetastic for the headset code. Swance gave truestatic his code and then truestatic ended up having his own code and passed the code on to me.
The headset came yesterday and I look forward to playing The Last Of Us tonight and shitting my pants in virtual surround sound.

Thanks guys! Awesome community.

$149

Beat twice in less than 24 hours. Like I said, bad timing!

Mother of god. That would've been a sick pickup. Why oh why didn't I check it last night?

Hey, thanks to Swance and truetastic for the headset code. Swance gave truestatic his code and then truestatic ended up having his own code and passed the code on to me.

Glad you got one, but I can't take any credit for it. Did you end up getting the pulse or the stereo?

I feel like a dumb fuck now; EXACTLY the day before XB1 dropping their DRM policy, I went and bought a 360, and few days ago I went and bought a Wii refurbished for $106, I feel bad for my self and wallet... imagine,

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like a dumb fuck now; EXACTLY the day before XB1 dropping their DRM policy, I went and bought a 360, and few days ago I went and bought a Wii refurbished for $106, I feel bad for my self and wallet... imagine,
Pickup some Cave shooters for the 360 and the Mario Galaxy games plus Tatsunoko vs Capcom for the Wii. Boom, purchase justified.

Anth0ny

360 is actually worth owning. fuck xb1, at least until the price goes down.

wii u will be $149 msrp by the time it has enough games to justify a purchase, enjoy the wii as it actually has some fantastic games to play. go ahead and grab the galaxy games.

iphys

Nice, my Game & Wario already shipped -- think that's the first time FS has shipped out a Sunday release on Wednesday night for me. I wonder what the odds are Canada Post will still manage to screw up and take forever.

Lol:

Updated Delivery : 2013/06/25
Delivery date changed : Canada Post processing error found; item re-routed to correct delivery location

Tik-Tok

Mother of god. That would've been a sick pickup. Why oh why didn't I check it last night?

Glad you got one, but I can't take any credit for it. Did you end up getting the pulse or the stereo?

I didn't even realize I could get the Pulse, so I just got the 100 one. I probably wouldn't have been interested if I would have had to spend 100 anyhow. 50 is easy to impulse buy.

Is there a significant difference ?

Chatin

Got my copy of Game & Wario in the mail from FS. Didn't expect to have it show up in my mailbox before street date, so that was a surprise. Nintendo probably doesn't even care.

krae_man

I got the shipping email on Wednesday. Problem is I changed my credit card exp date to preorder more stuff and it declined. Had to update it which caused a delay in shipping so I'll probably get it Monday or Tuesday:/

Noahd41

Neo Member
Don't forget the GOG sale today. I spent about 40 bucks and caught up on some of the previous generation's games, more classic pc games and some werid indie shit. Lots of fun to hold me over until I get another PS3.

I didn't even realize I could get the Pulse, so I just got the 100 one. I probably wouldn't have been interested if I would have had to spend 100 anyhow. 50 is easy to impulse buy.

Is there a significant difference ?

Can't personally compare the two, but I can say I like mine a lot. Hope you like yours too!

Socreges

Banned
So my 360 died. RRoD. Anyone know of any cheap places to have it fixed in Victoria or Vancouver? Cheaper than $100 at least. And preferably Victoria.

So my 360 died. RRoD. Anyone know of any cheap places to have it fixed in Victoria or Vancouver? Cheaper than $100 at least. And preferably Victoria.

I'd say you sell it even for parts and look for a deal on a new one. I suppose this is OG 360 not the slim, so getting a slim is a better idea I guess.

Jessicat

Would anyone interested in a new, sealed copy of Project X Zone once it's out for $30? Was kind of an impulse buy and not sure I really want it, but I don't want to cancel my whole FS E3 order either [as that might negate my discount on Pokemon Y and PSN Collection v1 games ^^;]

Jessicat

You can just return it if you don't want it. It won't effect the order.
Guess I could do that too ^^; I know a lot of peeps were interested in getting it during the e3 sale for cheaper.

Also, I just got my thermal paste in the mail to fix my ps3, yay! Looking at the disassembly tutorials on youtube, this is going to be fun. And by fun I mean crazy @_@ Hope I can get it to work...

Top Bottom