• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

was gonna preorder the PS4/X1 from futureshop but then i work at Target so i get 15% off heh. Sucks that i dont think we're doing any preorders or anything though.

amoeba

Neo Member
PS4 pre-orders are also now available on Amazon.ca.

Looks like they didn't send me the notification e-mail I had signed up for, though.

Median

what really?? i preordered in-store on friday. the guy said there were already 50+ preorders though. how could that one location get enough to fulfill the preorder count? do they allocate based on preorders?

I'd assume they would? I'm not sure if they'll know accurate distribution numbers yet or if Sony's maybe given them a total number and they're still under it.

chrono01

Looks like EB is claiming pre-orders now will be day one on their Twitter.
https://twitter.com/EBGamesCanada/status/346735764555575296
That's great to hear.

I have an amazon.ca pre-order I placed a minute after they began after Sony's Press Conference, as well as a "back-up" at EBGames.ca. I'm almost tempted to cancel my amazon.ca pre-order now and go with EBGames.ca, since they're a lot more forthcoming in-regards to whether the pre-order is for Day One or not.

This is my first time pre-ordering a console at amazon.ca, but not at EBGames.ca, so I probably should go with what I'm more comfortable with...

Not to mention returns would be a lot easier if I ordered through EBGames.ca since I could return/exchange it at any nearby store [and not have to mail it back anywhere].

btkadams

this is awesome news! i'm glad i'll have the option of picking it up day one rather than dealing with a delivery. i still have online orders with amazon.ca and futureshop.ca. i guess i should cancel those. i'll wait until the fall though, in case we hear a confirmation of something else.

this is awesome news! i'm glad i'll have the option of picking it up day one rather than dealing with a delivery. i still have online orders with amazon.ca and futureshop.ca. i guess i should cancel those. i'll wait until the fall though, in case we hear a confirmation of something else.

That's rightt, I'm not gonna cancel until things are clearer than it's now!

Oneself

Based on previous launches, I bet there won't be enough PS4 units at EB/GAMESTOP to fulfill those "day one" pre-orders. They never get enough stock. Those poor employees will have to call back pissed off customers to explain the fuck up and/or deal with them around launch day... once again...

Based on previous launches, I bet there won't be enough PS4 units at EB/GAMESTOP to fulfill those "day one" pre-orders. They never get enough stock. Those poor employees will have to call back pissed off customers to explain the fuck up and/or deal with them around launch day... once again...

The fact that they said it very clearly on twitter and that even other stores reopened preorders again means they all got real numbers of their launch stock, otherwise they would have just shut up and just leave as it is!

Question for those who pre-ordered online on Bestbuy.ca

do you have to pay it all up front? or can you change payment method after pre-ordering?

I'm collecting Gift Cards via my Credit Card Reward points

chrono01

The fact that they said it very clearly on twitter and that even other stores reopened preorders again means they all got real numbers of their launch stock, otherwise they would have just shut up and just leave as it is!
Agreed.

The fact that they keep closing/re-opening pre-orders means that they're being very careful about accepting more than the personally believe they'll be able to fulfill.

If they say they'll be able to offer consoles at launch if pre-ordered either before June 14th or after [i.e., now], I'm inclined to believe them. They seem to be pretty confident.

Where's best to preorder?

Future Shop, Amazon, BB... ?

Well, I'm not sure if it's still there but Amazon.ca was offering free Amazon Prime trails for the last month or so right in the shopping cart when you go to purchase something. I used it to get Day 1 shipping on my PS4 for $3.99. (You could also get two-day shipping for free) If it's still there you can save a bit of money by doing that.

Futureshop just sent me a free 10$ gift certificate by e-mail.

"Hi Patrick,

From time to time we like to recognize our valued Future Shop customers with a simple token of our appreciation.

Please accept a FREE $10 gift certificate.
This gift certificate must be redeemed by July 17, 2013."

Wow... thanks?! Anyone else?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
PNP Games has the Zone of the Enders HD Collection (PS3/360) and Tatsunoko vs Capcom (Wii) for $20 bucks each. I think it's a decent deal, especially since ZoE is getting a patch on PS3 to fix the framerate issues straight from KojiPro later this year.

amrod

"Hi Patrick,

From time to time we like to recognize our valued Future Shop customers with a simple token of our appreciation.

None here :(

frequency

"Hi Patrick,

I'm not a valued customer (╥_╥)
But... I've given you so much money Future Shop...

"Hi Patrick,

Nope, nothing!

vilmer_

Put my preorder in at Sony Style. When the PS3 came out, I was able to order one on the same day it launched and have it delivered the next ;)

k_klown

If the price is equal and there's no promotions like RewardZone, I find Amazon has faster shipping and is more likely to pre-ship. Future Shop almost always ships on day of release, which sucks :/

FS pretty much always send it to me 2-3 days early. For example, they sent me The Last of Us last Tuesday and I got it Friday.

zroid

Banned

"Hi Patrick,

whoa, lol

that's... interesting

nothing for me :p

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
PNP Games has the Zone of the Enders HD Collection (PS3/360) and Tatsunoko vs Capcom (Wii) for $20 bucks each. I think it's a decent deal, especially since ZoE is getting a patch on PS3 to fix the framerate issues straight from KojiPro later this year.

Wow, really?! Source? Isn't it a bit late? :p

I played thought the games and never noticed anything major, but ZoE2 was so good that I'll happily replay it once the patch is released!

MercuryLS

Banned
If the price is equal and there's no promotions like RewardZone, I find Amazon has faster shipping and is more likely to pre-ship. Future Shop almost always ships on day of release, which sucks :/

Unless you live close to their Mississauga warehouse. I'm in Brampton and always recieve my packages from them on release day.

Hmm. Seeing that EB tweet that PS4 pre-orders should all be good by day one is pretty awesome. I just placed mine today after work so I'm hopeful I get mine on day one. I'm not quite expecting it, but now I'm not so sure.

If Sony is able to keep up with demand, that would be huge. Going into the holiday with shortages would be really bad for them.

Chatin

If FS emailed me a $10 off coupon, I deleted it. I just preordered a couple dozen games, I wasn't bothering reading FS emails regarding deals.

Top Bottom